• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it makes you feel better, I don't feed off just one person's pain. Although I generally prefer it if it's something I caused (like lying to people about Kuttsukiboshi)

You're a cruel, cruel
non
human.

I know what you mean and you're bad and you should feel bad. I watched it of my own volition though.

Chariot

Childhood friend never wins. Why does this always happen. Fuck.
I can give you some healing.
SPOILER FOR TWO ANIME [duh!]
Take a look at Kanon and I say Shuffle, although people say that she isn't a childhoodfriend. Judge yourself.

edit: two anime, I can't count above one.

Ef a tale of memories is the solution. I don't mean to overhype it, but considering what happens in it after watching School Days, it's like the perfect cure for you.

Awww. Thanks for looking out for me.

rsQBBtm.jpg

;_;

Pfft. You said you'd already watched Elfen Lied so you're not that pure ;P

Pft. Elfen Lied's ending has nothing on SD ending. I tried to block this one out of my mind and have had mild success. Until people bring up the end.

If it makes you feel better, I don't feed off just one person's pain. Although I generally prefer it if it's something I caused (like lying to people about Kuttsukiboshi)

Somehow that does make me feel a bit better.

Ef a tale of memories is on Crunchyroll. It's also on Anime Network.

You're a good friend!

School Days ending was nothing compared to Berserk and Evangelion.

I've watched Berserk but I don't recall exactly what happened at the end. I think I blocked it out after weeks of trying to forget it.

jgminto

[Stardust Crusaders] - 16

Did this really need to be two episodes? I don't really feel like the material of this episode really justified the run time.

I think it did if they wanted to include every scene from the manga. The Lovers is 6 chapters as was Justice. I was expecting them to tack on the next fight for the second episode though since it's a 2 chapter fight that wouldn't really fit as its own episode.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Tokyo ESP Episode 2:

It is like the X-Men combined with Katamari Damacy only a thousand times more boring and sucky. Yea, this is some of the low hanging fruit of the season and I am losing patience with it.

Chariot

Tokyo ESP Episode 2:

It is like the X-Men combined with Katamari Damacy only a thousand times more boring and sucky. Yea, this is some of the low hanging fruit of the season and I am losing patience with it.
I can only beg you guys to read the manga. It's way better in any aspect. The adaption sucks, it wants to be more mature and serious, but fails ultimately, because that's not what the series is.

I should feel bad, but I really don't.
That's ok, YuuYuu don't have to feel bad.

Also fml, TUSR didn't post for hours and I am still not even near his postcound in this thread.

Dresden

Watching:

Terror
Aldnoah
Nozaki kun
Barakamon

Ready to watch:

Dandy
Survival Game Club

op ranking:

Barakamon
Nozaki kun
Terror

ed ranking:

Terror
Barakamon

SAO II 3

I don't care how sloppily handled her backstory is, Sinon is an infinitely more interesting character than Kirito. Too bad her role is probably going to be severely diminished when he shows up in GGO.

Barakamon is my 1 show of this season.
Barakamon has the best opening.
Barakamon has the best ending.

Other great anime: Nozaki, Aldnoah, Terror and Sabegabu

firehawk12

Subete no aware
SAO II 3

I don't care how sloppily handled her backstory is, Sinon is an infinitely more interesting character than Kirito. Too bad her role is probably going to be severely diminished when he shows up in GGO.
I think she's interesting by virtue of all the other girls being empty vessels held up by tropes.

Although, I guess Sinon's backstory isn't necessarily any more meaningful than a girl falling in love with her
fake
brother. I'm sure Kawahara thought that was a deep and compelling character story when he wrote that too. I mean, what if I fall in love with someone in here and it turns out we're related?!
*sugutears.gif*

Or merely interpreted differently! Getting revenge is mutual feelings and a stepping stone to an even stronger friendship, especially if the next show you're watching has everyone suffering (like watching Arjuna or the Ripping Friends).
I have learned something value today. I thank you senpai.

MartyStu

So other people are watching Nozaki-Kun?

Thank god. I was afraid it would be another Kawaisou situation where I was the only one who cared :(

Soma

Terror in Resonance > Nozaki-kun > Barakamon > Dandy > Encouragement of Climb

Pretty much dropped everything else. Might start Sabagebu soon though.

Encouragement and Nozaki tied for favorite OP
Terror is favorite ED with Barakamon close behind

Thank god. I was afraid it would be another Kawaisou situation where I was the only one who cared :(
It's got a pretty big following in the manga OT so that helps

Firemind

Harem Wars #3

That is some quality art. The harem is ever expanding. Nice job, MC-kun!

Gun Therapist Online #3

Hm. Seems legit. On a more serious note, the contested scene in question wasn't that silly. The face rotation and finger zooming was a bit silly though, yeah, but the reaction triggered by the trauma seemed fine. Not sure how a violent game can cure the trauma, but I'm not a professional psychologist. Next week: aw yiss finally.

Barack Mandom #3

Yes. YES. ALL OF IT. INTO MY VEINS.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

The difference is that Nozaki-kun has no expectation of romance whatsoever. Although I think I'm going to get tired of them simply introducing characters that subvert expectations over and over again.

Harem Wars #3

That is some quality art. The harem is ever expanding. Nice job, MC-kun!
Why is Rail Wars such shit? :(

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Right, I guess I should do my own tiers:

Tier of Excellence
Sabagebu!
Space Dandy Season 2
Barakamon
Nozomi-Kun

The Tier of Greatness
Terror in Tokyo even though I have misgivings
Aldnoah Zero
Tokyo Ghoul even though the censorship is terrible

The Tier of Goodness
Sailor Moon Crystal
Akame ga Kill!

Guilty Pleasure Entry
Momo Kyun Sword

The In Danger of Being Dropped Tier
Tokyo ESP
Persona 4 The Golden Animation

I think she's interesting by virtue of all the other girls being empty vessels held up by tropes.

Although, I guess Sinon's backstory isn't necessarily any more meaningful than a girl falling in love with her
fake
brother. I'm sure Kawahara thought that was a deep and compelling character story when he wrote that too. I mean, what if I fall in love with someone in here and it turns out we're related?!
*sugutears.gif*

It might be more meaningful with Japanese culture in mind, but even then it seems kind of dumb. Though I don't think it's outright nonsensical like many of the motivations or mindsets present in season 1.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kill Me Baby is never a joke suggestion.
You live. lol

It might be more meaningful with Japanese culture in mind, but even then it seems kind of dumb. Though I don't think it's outright nonsensical like many of the motivations or mindsets present in season 1.
The PTSD or the pseudo-incest? lol

Don't worry, core cast nearly complete
Okiedoke. It should be interesting to see how they keep making shoujo jokes without relying on having random characters play against type.

You can't tell me what to do and what not to do!

Dad!

Consider it ringtoned!
Oh wow, a video!

I think this OP and the Denpa Onna OP are secretly the two best OPs in anime.

nojoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom