• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my goodness the Cajun squee is spreading!!! Seriously, I just heard it in the Toradora dub. Character squee'd. Like it literally went:

Girl 1: Squee!
Ryuji: Squee?

Also this scene was still hilarious in the dub.

b14719d29c734872ceae06e.gif

Best dub ever.

Dresden

ALD

Adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD) is one of a group of genetic disorders called the leukodystrophies that cause damage to the myelin sheath of the nerve fibers in the brain.

NOAH

The guy with the big boat with two of each animal in it.

ZERO

That thing which looks like the letter O but more oblong.

Inaho = I NOAH

Noah has forgotten his memories because the myelin sheathes in the nerve fibers of his brain are damaged.

Zero means this is before the first part of the CYCLE.

Narag

ALD

Adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD) is one of a group of genetic disorders called the leukodystrophies that cause damage to the myelin sheath of the nerve fibers in the brain.

NOAH

ZERO

Inaho = Noah

Noah has forgotten his memories because the myelin sheathes in the nerve fibers of his brain are damaged.

Looks sound. You get to be the new Shingeki prophet guy if true.

Andrew J.

ALD

NOAH

ZERO

Inaho = Noah

I halfway feel like you might actually be onto something here.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm glad I dropped Space Dandy. It seems I managed to avoid some really disappointing dips in quality.

jgminto

I can accept someone not liking the art style
(you're still wrong but hey I'll accept it)
but saying the animation itself is cheap or low quality is totally insane.

Eureka Seven - 32

1394566807175.jpg

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS. AT LAST!

Oh man, I've been waiting for a moment like this in the show!

It may have been short, but I don't care! I finally got the Super Robot moment I've been waiting for!

I've been on the fence about this fact for a while. Given the Nirvash's design, I could easily see it belonging in a more Super Robot-esque show. Up until this point this show has been world-building, developing its characters, and just showing the overall state of the world that Eureka Seven takes place in. Focusing on the fact that that people are suffering, the state of the military, and how the crew of the Gekko were dealing with it all as they did their mission. It focused more on that than it did on the mecha action. It all felt so Real-Robot-ish with some fantasy elements thrown in. Not to say that all of that was bad, no sir. It was great. It just wasn't what I was expecting going into this show.

But in this episode?
OP1 is used as an insert song while Renton and Eureka deal the finishing (well, technically the STARTING in this case) blow to the enemy while yelling a hot-blooded yell.
Now THAT'S the kind of Super Robot I know and love!

All it needed was Renton yelling something like
"SEVEN......SWEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLL!"
and it would have been perfect. But I'm happy with what I got!

Sakura

Watching Hanayamatamamyama 3 and man, Hana is so great. I wish I had half the courage she does T_T
Are all American girls like her?

cajunator

Banned
FHZwC9D.png

I didn't do this because you guys asked me to or anything

Chiho <3
That show is shipping to me now. Im so excited to watch it again :)

Alright done adding anime to my list on MAL because that shit is boring to do. I've got a lot more to add but ehh.

It really is kinda dull

Just watched Sabagebu! 2, this show is so stupid and doesn't take anything serious, I love it, reminds me of Galaxy Angel and ye good old times when I was younger watching it in Locomotion/Animax.

Galaxy angel is an interesting comparison but youre right! Good to see another GA fan!

Added

Madoka Magica - 1

Just some random thoughts on this episode:
  • Madoka's brother (Tatsuya?) is great.
  • Everyone has fat heads.
  • Homura is only a temporary enemy.
  • Those ribbons aren't too flashy, Madoka.
  • Another teacher with an awful love life.
  • Madoka's mother seems laid back.
  • Kyubey (sp?) is also great.
  • I don't like the OP.
  • I like the ending.

Overall: decent so far.

The character design is Ume Aoki. I suppose wideface is an acquired taste.

Narag

Lazyner 10

This one was cathartic, I suppose. After nine episodes of getting shit on and going from bad to worse, the survivors come across a cache of food while finally accepting Eiji as one of their own. It's really lighthearted which might be a first for this series so far as the kids hold a sort of makeshift dinner for everyone to create a brief sense of normalcy.

Of course it's interrupted by warning of an incoming attack, snapping everyone out of the fantasy immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom