• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not worse than the average recommendation, really.

[IM]http://i.minus.com/jdvRA5KWHV6L6.png[/IMG]

This guy is an expert!

Those reviews/recommendations wish they could be as good as those of this beauty in Amazon
Te50Gfr.jpg

RangerBAD

So how do people feel about the use of 'Imperial Relics" in place of teigu in Akame ga Kill? Good choice to translate it or not? I think it's a little bland in comparison.

Dresden

So how do people feel about the use of 'Imperial Relics" in place of teigu in Akame ga Kill? Good choice to translate it or not? I think it's a little bland in comparison.

Should've just been 'relics' if that's what they went with. Gotta be short and snappy.

Dresden

oh maan why space dundy so poorly animate . studio pierrot hahaaahhaha *fart noises*

Has there been much of a backlash against Yuasa's episode? Narutogate (episode 167) sticks out due to an unfortunate confluence of a history of 'quality' in that show, the kind of viewers such a show attracts, and the rather debatable quality of the animation itself, but from what I've seen on GAF, responses have been overwhelmingly positive with maybe one or two exceptions. Perhaps it's different on, I don't know, fucking youtube. But I have faith that in some of the best cuts of the episode - dat Ohira - even the 'uninformed' could see, and feel, innately, the talent and skill involved in its creation.

M3 Episode 14

That had some funny moments especially with the scientist, lol
it was coke

OP gives me hope for Heito, Ill always believe!

Nano's song SABLE is good (name of one of the MA-vess even).

Jintor

Dude has amazing support, too, I complained about one the library tabs not linking to the right thing on the messageboard and he had a fix up in three days

Quasar

With the midweek drought I've finally started on Moyashimon thats been on my backlog for ages.

Really like this. Would have preferred some more romance in there, but overall I really liked season one.

xxxHolic: A Midsummer Night's Dream

...eh. The movie's only 60 minutes long and Yuko's only on screen for less than 10. Most of the movie is Watanuki walking through the mansion an doing what he normally does. At least mansion looked cool, though.

Hanayamata 3
The show is still solidly cute, giving off a hint of Love Live. This was more of Yaya-focused episode. The James Bond intro was very funny though.

Man with all the melodrama in so much anime to get me to feel something, a simple and emotional ballad of a father to his dead son is what gets me crying.

I want to watch Grave of the Fireflies and Wolf's Rain again. I need to cry like a little kid again.

mankoto

I could get used to Hummingbird thanks to the app. Much better than the unofficial MAL one. Now only if I remember to actually update it properly...

I don't think I've ever asked is there an actual reason why anime is somewhat obsessed over Germany? I mean my only clue would be the obvious, but I don't know if there's an actual reason.

Man with all the melodrama in so much anime to get me to feel something, a simple and emotional ballad of a father to his dead son is what gets me crying.

I want to watch Grave of the Fireflies and Wolf's Rain again. I need to cry like a little kid again.

Have you seen the movie The Road or even read the book. Though the book is far better and made me cry. Some sad shit. Deep Man.

Step

Just watched Sabagebu! 2, this show is so stupid and doesn't take anything serious, I love it, reminds me of Galaxy Angel and ye good old times when I was younger watching it in Locomotion/Animax.

Firemind

Does Kiki's Delivery Service take place in Germany? Does anyone know? The architecture reminds me of Germany. That or Switzerland/Austria.

Come to think of it, Laputa does too.

cajunator

Banned
Real weebs put their hentai on their MAL without regret.

Tsukihime is a very special show.

at least yall are acknowledging that it exists now.

Sounds like we need to have a Tsukihime watch.

I have the dvds if you need lol

I'm just glad that I was part of the group that brought Yami and School Days into AnimeGAF's regular rotation.

I am still deeply troubled that so few people are currently checking out the other timeless classics of Garzey's Wing or Mad Bull 34. Please people, pick up the pace!

I second this. Garzey and Mad Bull are treasures. Watch them people!

Why not Blood-C? That's on the list too.

Ooooh :3

SHAFT are just trolls with their head tilts right, they do realized we have noticed?

Oh they absolutely have!

They even gave Palutena a headtilt in the Nintendo vids. Its their calling card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom