• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Sailor Stars 181

ue92kDEl.png
gsVUjMll.png

ZtyTh0ml.png
VyHhYhvl.png

Amazing sound/music direction in this one on top of the usual visuals. As expected of a Junichi Satou Sailor Moon ep.

Clov

Haven't posted here in a bit, since I was away at another anime convention. This one was in Hamilton. Really don't like the city, but the con was fun! Picked up Welcome to the NHK on DVD.

Got caught up on anime today. Yuasa's Space Dandy episode was great! Not sure if I like his or Eun Young Choi's more, though. Choi's episode had a much stranger, "alien" atmosphere to it. Yuasa's felt incredibly fun and inventive, though! Loved it.

cajunator

Banned
Madoka Magica - 3

Okay, the show is going well. Seems like they will both have their wishes soon. Mami seems to have defeated the beast. Some ominous foreshadowing has been at play for a while...
WHAT THE HELL! It seemed like not everything would be as easy as Mami thought, but the thing decapitated her.
I guess this being a "dark" magical girl anime is quite true.

The episode ends with Homura coming to save the day with her what looks like to be explosive power. She then begins to belittle Madoka and Sayaka.

ooooooh
keeeeep going!!

Violence is okay if they make moe noises.

Its true

its madoka time

:D
f5 f5 f5 f5 f5!

Hana is so cute. Just look at how American she is!

I think she is my favourite girl in the show now.

I really hate that glasses chick though. She needs to be cut from the show.

Shes adorable but not on the level of moenuke that is Naru!

Haven't posted here in a bit, since I was away at another anime convention. This one was in Hamilton. Really don't like the city, but the con was fun! Picked up Welcome to the NHK on DVD.

Got caught up on anime today. Yuasa's Space Dandy episode was great! Not sure if I like his or Eun Young Choi's more, though. Choi's episode had a much stranger, "alien" atmosphere to it. Yuasa's felt incredibly fun and inventive, though! Loved it.

Wish I could attend Mechacon in New Orleans but not sure if that will happen with the stuff going on in my life currently. I guess theres next year :/

Clov

Chuunibyou is silly and fun. I enjoyed it, even though it got bogged down with drama a bit. I just ended up loving the cast.

Madoka Magica - 4

This episode seemed like a comedy episode more than anything. Her father asking Madoka if she is crying because the food was bad is hilarious. The teacher hinting at how it is normal for her to not be married past 30.

Kyubey didn't have a long farewell. New girl came. I wonder if new girl will be as intimate with Madoka as Mami was :S. Sayaka wasted her wish and I predict Madoka will do the same. It would be smart to just wish to be invincible, even from death.

Um that was a Foursome/4-way.

So.... yeah.....

Oh yeah, I forgot about the guy. I was just thinking about him doing the three girls, even the one who seemed happy with her boyfriend who she just went at it with in the rest area.

Clov

I haven't watched it but I've heard Chuuni is as bad as KnK, so I probably never will.

KnK is way worse. I usually enjoy KyoAni shows, but KnK was just not my thing. Action scenes were decent, but I never could get over how much of a creep the main character was.

Gazoinks

Space Dandy S2 03

I haven't watched Dandy since, like, ep 5, but I really like Yuasa so I wanted to check this one out. Was typically surreal and visually fun, and that surfing sequence was so good. I really need to go back and actually catch up with the show now.

Chuuni would be an ok show if it ended with this:

Sappy, but at least it would end with something approaching character development/conclusion.

Instead we got dead fathers and regression.

This is my feeling on it, too. The last two episodes in particular killed a lot of my goodwill towards the show.

Eureka Seven - 33

I freaking love episodes like this. Episodes that show the great sense of comradery between team members before the big battle ahead.

Man, how these characters grow on you. It's incredible how like, 15 episodes ago some of these guys were so unlikable.
Especially Holland. Felt so good hearing him admit he was wrong and apologize to Renton and Eureka. I may not like the third OP all that much, but hearing it play at the end of this episode with everybody saying that they'll stay and join...ah that felt so awesome.

Ah.....The all-time famous episode 10. One of the greatest episodes in anime history.

You are on episode 10 right?

Well..... I mean it's a fine episode and all but.....

You know out of all the characters in Madoka, I liked Sayaka and the red head the most.

Mami because of awesome action scenes.

Homura because she was really well fleshed out.

Sayaka I felt the worst for.

Well she sure tried ... A LOT

Yeah the one episode I actually felt really bad for a character(besides Sayaka). Really well done.

I always thought that redhead was the hottest so there's nothing wrong with that.

She's 12.... :cnet

Barakamon 03

LbJyVipl.jpg

Once you awaken as a fujoshi, you'll always be a fujoshi.

Fun episode learning about more about the cast and good to see we're starting to get them life lessons here.

Ao Haru Ride 03

4UujQ9xl.jpg

So shoujo yet it was soooooo good. All these reconnecting moments were so great, just never stop giving me more.

I was surprised at how quickly the group of friends form like that, would have expected to slowly build.

DRAMAtical Murder 03

styeEUnl.jpg

Well this show turned ugly fast. Its also moving through the plot pretty fast too. Soon we'll be done introducing all the husbandos. I'm guessing we'll be dragging everyone into the next part of the story.

Glasslip 03

FYy8O7El.jpg

Well then, this was a lot less melodramatic than I was expecting. The whole future telling thing isn't a bad gimmick and it hasn't tried to get all up on itself with it. Though, not sure how I feel about the last future seen and the potential drama that'll bring.

Gundam-san 03

Haro's have it rough.

Himegoto 03

I noticed they were giving a certain part of the body a lot of detail in this episode.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei 12

Oh no, the anime caught up to where I read up in the LN.

Rokujouma no Shinryakusha 02

This was still kinda entertaining. Of course it was super predictable of everyone popping up at the school but it did let the story expand outside the room. If its just hijinks all the way, I'm ok with it.

I also like how they are doing the RPG style of how important your NPCs are method of showing us who are the side characters.

Ai Mai Mi ~Mousou Catastrophe~ 02

I got more lost than any random episode of Teekyuu.

Sin Strange+ 02

Body switching was kinda dull.

Madoka Magica - 5

Not much to say on this episode. Sayaka is inexperienced but her power seems to be swords, which doesn't seem that great. But she has better durability so that probably makes up for it. Madoka is taking forever to make her wish; it will probably be something stupid. At least the show finally has some good action.

I likely won't finish tonight, but I will get close.

Madoka Magica - 5

Not much to say on this episode. Sayaka is inexperienced but her power seems to be swords, which doesn't seem that great. But she has better durability so that probably makes up for it. Madoka is taking forever to make her wish; it will probably be something stupid. At least the show finally has some good action.

I likely won't finish tonight, but I will get close.

It isn't that great, not even in The Battle Pentagram game for Vita

yo this isnt going to end good is it

i feel like im going to get gainax'ed here

Don't worry , unlike gainax , that ending will make sense.

Let's not forget the tragedy that was mahoromatic, melody of oblivion , this ugly and beautifull world and many others.

BUt madoka is different , it's actually an ending that make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom