• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Almost done with season 2 of the wire. So far the anime of the season. Will now always write indeed as "oh indeeee'". Not as good as sopranos or breaking bad for me though sorry firehawk and dresden.

The writing in The Wire shits all over Breaking Bad and I'm not sorry.

Can't speak for the Sopranos.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
breaking bad has pretty bad writing, of course The Wire is better

i looked into that thread about Braking Bread the other day and all those "one liners" were horrifically bad

Mature

The writing in The Wire shits all over Breaking Bad and I'm not sorry.

Can't speak for the Sopranos.
It seems like Breaking Bad is an easy one for people to shit on since it's recent and popular. I wonder if it'll be the same case in the long run...

That being said, I've never seen The Wire so I can't really speak to it's quality in comparison.

Vylash

I know we're done talking about Inuyasha but I also wanted to point out that it has the best set of OP/ED set of any long running show, every single one is amazing

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
It seems like Breaking Bad is an easy one for people to shit on since it's recent and popular. I wonder if it'll be the same case in the long run...

That being said, I've never seen The Wire so I can't really speak to it's quality in comparison.

see people watch bad stuff like Baking Bread and not good stuff like the Wire and then make insinuations about how people are "shitting on [it] since it's recent and popular", this is why we can't have nice things :(

Chariot

I know we're done talking about Inuyasha but I also wanted to point out that it has the best set of OP/ED set of any long running show, every single one is amazing
I only know the german and that is pretty great.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xy...durch-die-zeit-german-viva-germany_shortfilms

Since people are talking about western TV. How do you guys feel about Person Of Interest? I think it's pretty great.
I love the show. It started out slow, but it went great in the middle of season 1 and from there it accelerates to top-tier over season 2 t o the end of season 3. I adore this show.

no i mean they reminded me of their badness that i experienced in context when i watched the damn show

Well I guess you've got a pretty high standard then when you consider Breaking Bad's writing to be shit. Not just shit in comparison to "The Wire" but actually shit on an absolute scale.

I dropped out of that during season 1, wasn't doing much for me, USA pretty much has me covered in terms of western TV

Brah keep on watching because season 1 is slow, but damn when you hit season 2 it's so good and the same with season 3. Come back to it it's worth it, you won't be disappointed.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Well I guess you've got a pretty high standard then when you consider Breaking Bad's writing to be shit. Not just shit in comparison to "The Wire" but actually shit on an absolute scale.

no i just said it was pretty bad ( ≖‿≖)

but perhaps "pedestrian" is more fitting
anyway my intent was to reflect my own feelings about BB and not to insult or offend you for liking it

Garzey's Wing 01 Rewatch

WVm3KRg.jpg

Ok. Chris gets transported into another world by Maiden Hassan with the help of earthen-ware bells and a magic swan.

But he's not transported away. No, that would be too easy. He's still also in the normal world and he can communicate with himself. If he dies in one world he'll also die in the other.

And there's a tribe war going on. The Metomeus tribe is trying to escape from the Ashigaba tribe who used them as slaves.

The Metomeus tribe people thinks Chris is the Holy Warrior Garzey's Wing and wants his help.

Chris uses an incredibly dull sword and fights the enemies which include dinosaurs, he makes bomb arrows, he got wings on his feet and then he gets an pretty sharp sword in the end.

There's also this Fellario Falan Fa which is like some sort of fairy and she follows Chris.

Oh, and everybody uses another language, but Chris can communicate with them though his mind.

And I'm watching it dubbed alright...

Chariot

Im pretty sure I recommended him a good show a few weeks back. What is he doing to himself?
I'm trying since a month to bring him to watch something I recommend, but he just dodges every attempt ;___;

When does Shinon get to visit your avatar?
As soon as I took my right full place next to cajun-sama!
He trapped himself in there.
I am sure it's the work of the russians. The secret council of jewish nazi russians mafias.

TUSR

Banned
I'm trying since a month to bring him to watch something I recommend, but he just dodges every attempt ;___;

As soon as I took my right full place next to cajun-sama!

Mike makes excuses like watch bets to watch garbage.

You could have just said 'never' or 'next thread'

Westlo

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 03

Oh god I laughed so hard at this episode, Hori and Kashima are so damn good together, I really hope we're done introducing new characters though

Going from the OP it looks like they have 1 more member to round out the main cast, a basketballer.

Mike makes excuses like watch bets to watch garbage.

You could have just said 'never' or 'next thread'

I think he likes to share in the badness. It's more fun when others join in!

I would feel sorry for you Mike but I can see into the future and I see that I'll soon be watching it too. :(

Im ashamed I was able to guess this.

No need to feel shame about this. He is the best thing to come out of Canada right behind Celine Dion!

Kansoku

Since people are talking about western TV. How do you guys feel about Person Of Interest? I think it's pretty great.

I love it, my favorite show. Everyone has to watch it. Season 1 can be a bit boring at the beginning, but stick with it, it get's crazy good from Season 2 onwards.

Speaking of crazy good...

Zankyou no Terror - 3

Anime of the Year.

Glasslip - 4
I'm sad. I can't believe they're going to have the most cliche type of drama ever: seeing people together at unfortunate times and going off misunderstandings.

Naruto Shippuden 369

More flashback that only served as a reminder to show Madara being eternally second compared to Hashi and a personal complaint of mine with the lack of Mito showing.

You think the first lady of the Hokage would of had some appearance intereacting (however brief) with Hashi and Madara.

Jarmel

Banned
Terror in Resonance-3

Really strong episode, easily the strongest of the 3. We actually get a super hard riddle this time (at least for Western audiences). Also the theme of summer is brought up in a really great way and how it ties into the Detective. Oh man the writing in this is so damn good.

The game is afoot!

Clov

Terror in Resonance-3

Really strong episode, easily the strongest of the 3. We actually get a super hard riddle this time (at least for Western audiences). Also the theme of summer is brought up in a really great way and how it ties into the Detective. Oh man the writing in this is so damn good.

I'd say the riddle would be pretty hard for Japanese audiences too; given the ridiculous amount of Shinto gods, most people aren't going to know of all of them.

As you say though, great episode! Really looking forward to seeing how everything plays out.

Chariot

Jarmel

Banned
Really the only weak part with TiR is Lisa's stuff. It's well executed but right now feels really extraneous. It does look like it's going somewhere though and will tie back into the main story stuff next episode.

mankoto

I just realized I'm going to have to create time for the re-Edit for Psycho-Pass... I still haven't seen 2 yet. I guess since nothing airs on Monday I can try watching then.

Garzey's Wing 02

Ok. Everything makes sense now.

Chris learns to ride a horse. Looks like the horses have horns, so they're really unicorns.

They're going to the Great Barju Tree in the North and then they get attacked by Ashigaba tribe again.

Zaginis Zoa uses white powder to lure Dragorol to attack the Metomeus tribe because the dinosaurs likes to get high.

The Dragorol eat eachother and transforms and then a mysterious stranger with a censored voice saves the day.

Chris then gets help from his friends in the real world, which luckily doesn't think he's gone mad, to plan a counterattack.

Then Chris gets disco fever and Garzey's Wing won't help.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Garzey's Wing 02

Ok. Everything makes sense now.

Chris learns to ride a horse. Looks like the horses have horns, so they're really unicorns.

They're going to the Great Barju Tree in the North and then they get attacked by Ashigaba tribe again.

Zaginis Zoa uses white powder to lure Dragorol to attack the Metomeus tribe because the dinosaurs likes to get high.

The Dragorol eat eachother and transforms and then a mysterious stranger with a censored voice saves the day.

Chris then gets help from his friends in the real world, which luckily doesn't think he's gone mad, to plan a counterattack.

Then Chris gets disco fever and Garzey's Wing won't help.

Only half an hour left til transcendence~

Mature

see people watch bad stuff like Baking Bread and not good stuff like the Wire and then make insinuations about how people are "shitting on [it] since it's recent and popular", this is why we can't have nice things :(
Yeah, and not only that, I've -only- seen breaking bad. I've actually never seen any other show. I hope my perspective isn't skewed, because I've only seen that!

cajunator

Banned

I keep reading this and thinking of Yakitate! Japan.

As soon as I took my right full place next to cajun-sama!I am sure it's the work of the russians. The secret council of jewish nazi russians mafias.

<3

Soma

Terror in Resonance Ep. 3

Good episode. Mostly focused on Shibasaki which is nice because I've been waiting for him to get more screen time. Seems like a really strong character and I find it pretty interesting how his back story is tied with the Hiroshima bombing.

More brief scenes delving into both 9 and 12's past. I'm still waiting to see Five be properly introduced too. She's obviously tied to the two main kids but her profile description makes her seem like she'll be a bit of a wildcard in this story. Probably too early to tell though. Despite all these conjectures in my head I'm completely enraptured by this series and very eager to see where this is all headed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom