• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I wasn't targeting Kill la Kill (mostly because I haven't watched more than two episodes), but when it comes to social issues the "it does this to everyone" card is worth squat.
Ummm.. That's the difference between satire and racism/sexism/misogyny/etc. And I'm not saying "then they can get away with it". You admit to not watching it but yeah... The point is that EVERYONE is nude in kill la kill,at some point. Even the kids (Mako's younger brother), dogs, fat old people (Mako's dad and one of the clan leaders) etc. I mean there was a WHOLE episode predicated on her trying to save someone people trying to get her that to save them and every time she was getting close someone would undress her causing a bloody nose and KO on whoever was taking her (including the dog). I mean the hero faction is called Nudists for crying out loud.

That is literally by the definition satire.

I'm still not sure if the BL genre will actually finally start gaining some form of legitimacy or not. Yeah the VN's are selling better but there've been very few straight up positive representations of the genre in mainstream anime and manga. But, this is all just personal opinion stemming from 30 hours on no sleep, and I tried to stress the almost part because it's the norm but it's not without it's exceptions, of course. Plus the BL genre itself has some issues with it's representation of sexuality but, it's at least making an attempt and usually does pretty well at being diverse.

So with that I think I'll start watching a new series. Not sure what though. Maybe a sports anime, always love those.

Free! and Haikyuu!!

Link Man

Banned
So, it looks like Crunchyroll finally has a set time for Magimoji Rurumo: Fridays at 10 PM Pacific/ Saturdays at 1 AM Eastern.

Still none for Encouragement of Climb, though.

fertygo

Knights of Sidonia Ep. 2

Some really bad writing.
I can't believe they introduced and tried to flesh out a character minutes before killing them off.
I took some Tylenol so at least the animation didn't hurt so much this time. The first battle was pretty underwhelming and hard to follow. So far this is mediocre at best, if I'm being generous.

You gotta endure it to the bitter end!!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Huh?

Encouragement of Climb Season Two is set to broadcast every Wednesday starting at 8:30:00 am Pacific Time for premium members, with free members able to watch one week later. More information can be found online at: http://www.crunchyroll.com/Encouragement-of-Climb-Season-2

that page literally says:

Future episodes of Encouragement of Climb Season 2 will be made available as soon as we are able to. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Hugstable

Banned
Idolm@ster Episode 8

I absolutely loved the craziness of this episode. It was funny seeing some like Azusa have such a horrible sense of direction that she gets lost and confused every few minutes. Also this episode really made me love Makoto's character as we become witness to her badassness while looking for Azusa after thinking she had been kidnapped. I didn't expect a fight like that from Idolm@ster and it was really enjoyable to watch. Easily my favorite episode so far!

lZSwSXS.png

geckKwv.png

Chariot

Yes. yeeees. embrace the Makoto
Sorry, I didn't want to come as confrontational as I did. It is just that, as this project was green-lighted as an animation series, arguing about any other kind of adaptation is just an afterthought made in spite on this work.

The strangeness is something that was wanted, and the kind of baggage and lessons earned from fusing these methods also brings experience well worth it in the future. An artist I appreciate a lot as is Yu Ueda (a.k.a. missacula) maybe expresses this better and from a better positioned background and perspective (in great part due to his multidisciplinary excellence, and because of that understand having differing options available like this one):

http://raindropmoment.com/anime-series-made-entirely-with-roto-scoping-is-on-air/
No, I didn't think that you're confrontational. It's the right thing to clarify when I make bland statement about the artstyle. I don't like it, but I am thankful that you try to inform me and others about the story behind it.

Hey AnimeGAF what's the general consensus on Inuyasha? yay or nay?
YEAH
Good characters , alright story, average quality for fillers. Nice soundtrack
More designs for the Mahouka Koukou cast, like the man-eating tiger Lu Gonghu.

Suggesting v6 coverage.

Wait , how long is mahouka ( how many episodes are planned ? )

I was under the impression of 24 or 26 but this is moreunlikely than ever. Are we going toward a 50 ep set ? ( they have material to do so )

TUSR

Banned
Why not? Inuyasha had Rin and ... white evil guy (which is totally his name).

Dog demon white.

I like Ranma but the quality is unquestionably worse than Urusei Yatsura, it grows stale fast and has Happosei aka one of the worst characters ever invented

Sesshomaru

Don't forget a man that can tame an evil sword just by saying "shut up"

Based Sesshomaru. It was all a life lesson for him.

Nah, happosai being a massive dick was great.

In fact everyone being a massive dick to each other in Ranma was great.

He was easily my least favourite character.

Clov

Just finished The Eccentric Family. That was a fun ride, and as I learned from this show, what is fun is good.

It's a wonderful show with wonderful characters! The brother who had turned into the frog was my favorite. He turned out to be so great!

fertygo

Aria the Animation - 02

Ara ara overload..

For people that can't get through Hidamari, watch this instead.. firehawk is right, this is the real deal.

Chariot

I just rewatched the episode "IN: Kusanagi's Labyrinth – AFFECTION" Gits:SAC 2nd gig. And teared up mentally. Although I knew everything that happened the story and the presentation remain still powerful. I wish they would make another series in the television format instead of the small movies Arise is. They just don't seem to have the time for beautiful episodes like this.

Sesshomaru

Don't forget a man that can tame an evil sword just by saying "shut up"
Ah, thank you.
And heh, I never saw the episode where he got the sword. I think the show ran on a bad time of day, since I only saw a episode occasionally.

Dog demon white.
The dog knight is white too. That doesn't help.

Midonin

Aikatsu! 92

The Aikatsu 8 tour was over as soon as it began. The bonding moments at the sleepover before the final concert were pretty nice, and it once again gives Ichigo something to strive for. The introduction videos were clearly there to stall for time, but this wasn't a bad two-parter. I'll be glad to get back to the main style of episodes, though, because a lot of the main cast was left out of the fun.

Chariot

Sesshomaru was probably the GOAT in Inu Yasha, he was consistently not useless and always had a plan.
I agree, he looked very content and I like when people actually have a plan except for willpower or... just power. But he was already GOAT when he became protective of the child.

Also: I wanted to surpass you, but instead you surpassed Admiral Wanwan. This didn't go after kotaku*

(tl note: kotaku mean crap)

TUSR

Banned
I agree, he looked very content and I like when people actually have a plan except for willpower or... just power. But he was already GOAT when he became protective of the child.

He was also understanding because in Final Act he allowed her to live a normal human life to decide between that and hanging out with him and Jaken.

GOAT.

It's not really lewd. One of the best shows of last year.

So its Madoka?

cajunator

Banned
Trigger has quite the followers!

Maybe I should watch Little Witch Academy some time haha. Has the youtube video been taken down?

I think possibly but its worth watching!

That one was good but didn't have nearly enough flowers

Ok cajun, just lay down and don't forget to eat.

Well you see , she is kinda the heroine too.

I slept on the floor and I ate some boiled blue crabs for breakfast

I think I'd rate Yami a solid Syrup/Pancakes.

A fitting score :)

MY favorite anime isnt shit ^^

Happiness Charge Precure 25

i6CHy3nzQk6w6.gif
iPU1hoAsqiHg1.gif

So much NTR happening everywhere, and 2 girls falling for someone they have no chance with. My god I ship Hime and Seiji so hard, so of course they get an episode alone next time, he'd better not break her heart.

Thats how I eat corn

Garzey's Wing 01

Yamato-takeru-nomikoto. Garzey's Wing. Amitaba. Daragau. Falan Fa. Maiden Hassan. Fellat... err... Fellario. Metomeus tribe. Ashigaba tribe. Izumido. Touz Marsh. Bunzudos. Sir Zagizoa. Great Barju Tree. Ishubara. Kavika. Fundo. Kustanga Hill. Komon World. Grandma Moai. Leelince. Tance. Ketta Keras. Byston Well. Anazo Kuzei Mountain. Aishe. Sechuku. Gada Powder.

vj1IG.gif

TUSR

Banned
Chariot I shall eternally be a buffer between you and Onii-sama Cajun accept it, your path to the top stops with me.

Mike how the hell can you consume so much animu, what is your binge watching secret?

Dynedom

Garzey's Wing 01

Yamato-takeru-nomikoto. Garzey's Wing. Amitaba. Daragau. Falan Fa. Maiden Hassan. Fellat... err... Fellario. Metomeus tribe. Ashigaba tribe. Izumido. Touz Marsh. Bunzudos. Sir Zagizoa. Great Barju Tree. Ishubara. Kavika. Fundo. Kustanga Hill. Komon World. Grandma Moai. Leelince. Tance. Ketta Keras. Byston Well. Anazo Kuzei Mountain. Aishe. Sechuku. Gada Powder.

vj1IG.gif

RIP In Peace

Garzey's Wing 01

vj1IG.gif

Yami didn't do you in but this did... I'd better watch out, damn.

Midonin

Glasslip 04

And the love triangles have officially begun to move. The scene with the chickens was also kinda interesting, since the focus was evenly split between the chickens themselves and Touko wondering if she really is interested in Kakeru... though he was with Yanagi later on in the episode.

Garzey's Wing 01

vj1IG.gif

You must somehow make sense of your convoluted situation!

TUSR

Banned
I hope that I'm the protagonist and will beat you in an climatic final fight.

Please, Mike isn't coming close to Mexen's best times.

I wish I could go back to being able to watch 30-40 episodes a day

Did Admiralwoof get banned?

o_o

I think the MAX i've done is sub-24 episodes. Skipping OP and ED. By the end of it I wasn't even sure what the fuck was going on in the show anymore.

Dude lost an arm and it only made him more badass.

I forgot 150 episodes in that he still didn't have his other arm.

Clov

Most I did in one day was all of Gundam 00's first season. That was a few years ago, though. I've come close recently, but I've never quite reached that many episodes in one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom