• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
Are they gonna make a season 2 or continue this with the current episodes.

Mahouka is 24 episodes (2 cour) I believe. And we are currently in LN 4 of 13 I believe.

Some are much shorter than the Nine Schools arc, but will probably get a S2. The novels sell really well.

So am I wrong in saying that Happiness Charge Precure is basically G Gundam by Way of Tiger and Bunny (and pre-cure, obviously)?

h5UJnQW.jpg

I guess it isn't wrong

Mahouka is 24 episodes (2 cour) I believe. And we are currently in LN 4 of 13 I believe.

Some are much shorter than the Nine Schools arc, but will probably get a S2. The novels sell really well.

Its 26 episodes. If they skip the sidestory volume then they could cover the next arc in seven episodes assuming this one finishes with ep18 why else show certain things in the op.

cajunator

Banned
Sailor Stars 183

Minako does things and accidentally overshadows the rest where, hell, I don't know. Three Lights this, Star Seed that. Nothing really that important.

Youre proceeding at a nice clip now. I think what was slowing me down so much was trying to do a writeup for every episode. Its a pain in the ass for a show like this and waste of time.

kill+la+kill+9.gif

Kill la Kill is super fun, I was very satisfied with it.

SO cute. Mako love.

Hey AnimeGAF what's the general consensus on Inuyasha? yay or nay?

Its crap but I bought 2 seasons of it on DVD and uhm...I like Sango a lot. A whole lot.

Putting Arjuna on hold for a while to watch Golden Boy and Super YoYo with friends. They're loving both. But we have a "but but we already had these type of shows" kind of guy for Super YoYo :/

That being said. Next up after all that and the last bit of Arjuna is Mad Bull 34 and Yami to Bōshi to Hon no Tabibito, in which they sold the show themselves by reading a synopsis, cued dying from laughter after reading "...searching for her sister and potential lover".

Yes Yami! Yami is justice! Yami is special! YAMI MAKES NO GODDAMNED SENSE!
*bounces like a crazy person

Real children sound different then adults trying to sound like children. It's apparent in stuff like Angel Tales too.

Whoah. Someone else knows that show exists :O

Okay, one: Arjuna is bad. Possibly the worst show Kawamori has ever put me through. And that rat bastard doesn't even give me some cool airplane mecha to wash it down, either. Instead it's just "hamburgers are poison but insect shit is not!"

Two, Golden Boy is amazing. YOU MUST WATCH THE DUB, but I assume you already knew that.

Three, try to prolong Mad Bull while watching Yami, because you gonna need it. Or, if you're fucking insane and need a bigger kick than possible, watch Yami and Kuttsukiboshi at the same time, because then you'll probably hate humanity enough to understand the place where Kawamori is coming from with Arjuna.

I mean, I know that after watching Yami I definitely had an increased desire to physically harm a teenage girl while raving about human civilization.

I love you crazy Raven

nyanpasu!

Way better than the uguu!

I just clicked this 600 more times.

Knights of Sidonia 1

Yeah that framerate is rather irritating. Almost worse though, why is the character design and animation quality so low? At that point one has to wonder if the usage of CGI was even worth it. What good is it to safe time and budget when it ends up looking like shit for it...

One color for the skin and another for shading.

Otherwise the first episode was somewhat average. I feel like I've missed some of the exposition and the characters are confusing (especially with cloning that must be going on? (see screenshot). May be my own fault or the episode lacked better direction. It certainly felt like the pacing was too fast with how many new characters they throw at you.

edit:
Oh and the MCs constant "hmm?" and "huh?" were rather irritating.

TUSR

Banned
Its 26 episodes. If they skip the sidestory volume then they could cover the next arc in seven episodes assuming this one finishes with ep18 why else show certain things in the op.

LN Spoilers: So the side story they skip is
the Summer Holiday, and they are going right into Disturbance? That would make sense how the new OP ends with the Obsidian Demon.

cajunator

Banned
The most common homosexual character I see in anime is the "muscle-bound/overweight man in drag" which is also extremely insulting for trans people of course. Second is the effeminate pervert such as Leeron from TTGL. After that...I can't really say because there are so few. I don't think there's ever been a male gay or bi character I've been totally happy with.

well these are transexuals but I thought the way they were treated was interesting.

Idolm@ster Episode 8

I absolutely loved the craziness of this episode. It was funny seeing some like Azusa have such a horrible sense of direction that she gets lost and confused every few minutes. Also this episode really made me love Makoto's character as we become witness to her badassness while looking for Azusa after thinking she had been kidnapped. I didn't expect a fight like that from Idolm@ster and it was really enjoyable to watch. Easily my favorite episode so far!

I see you have correctly identified the best girl.

Aria the Animation - 02

Ara ara overload..

For people that can't get through Hidamari, watch this instead.. firehawk is right, this is the real deal.

Of course it is. Aria is wonderful!

Garzey's Wing 01

Yamato-takeru-nomikoto. Garzey's Wing. Amitaba. Daragau. Falan Fa. Maiden Hassan. Fellat... err... Fellario. Metomeus tribe. Ashigaba tribe. Izumido. Touz Marsh. Bunzudos. Sir Zagizoa. Great Barju Tree. Ishubara. Kavika. Fundo. Kustanga Hill. Komon World. Grandma Moai. Leelince. Tance. Ketta Keras. Byston Well. Anazo Kuzei Mountain. Aishe. Sechuku. Gada Powder.

vj1IG.gif

RIP MIKE

Chariot

well these are transexuals but I thought the way they were treated was interesting.
Battle Ghost Drag Queen was awesome
Well, those two were ok in my eyes, even with strong drag queen traits, but the show itself dragged everything down. Shangri-La drowned itself in topics it wanted to talk about.

LN Spoilers: So the side story they skip is
the Summer Holiday, and they are going right into Disturbance? That would make sense how the new OP ends with the Obsidian Demon.

Skipping summer holiday is a crime

A CRIME.
Give me a OAv to compensate... or else .....

Vylash

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 03

if6UGyFbPZgqV.gif
in3JWAWk1XAqx.gif

Oh god I laughed so hard at this episode, Hori and Kashima are so damn good together, I really hope we're done introducing new characters though

cajunator

Banned
Battle Ghost Drag Queen was awesome
Well, those two were ok in my eyes, even with strong drag queen traits, but the show itself dragged everything down. Shangri-La drowned itself in topics it wanted to talk about.

The show got kind of Gonzo'd but I think its heart was in the right place. It might have been overly ambitious with too many characters and too many plotlines but I was quite entertained by it. Its a unique show.

Chariot

The show got kind of Gonzo'd but I think its heart was in the right place. It might have been overly ambitious with too many characters and too many plotlines but I was quite entertained by it. Its a unique show.
To me it felt like this anime had too many hearts all over the place and I didn't had much love for this blockhead of a protagonist that just did stupid things that turned out good.
Well, except for the poor girls in the prison she immediately forgot, after they were massacred.
But yes, it's unique. The Opening is still very cool and reminds me how promising the show was.

cajunator

Banned
To me it felt like this anime had too many hearts all over the place and I didn't had much love for this blockhead of a protagonist that just did stupid things that turned out good.
Well, except for the poor girls in the prison she immediately forgot, after they were massacred.
But yes, it's unique. The Opening is still very cool and reminds me how promising the show was.

I looooooove that OP.

Hugstable

Banned

Never seen this anime but that OP was amazing.

Jex

Garzey's Wing 01

Yamato-takeru-nomikoto. Garzey's Wing. Amitaba. Daragau. Falan Fa. Maiden Hassan. Fellat... err... Fellario. Metomeus tribe. Ashigaba tribe. Izumido. Touz Marsh. Bunzudos. Sir Zagizoa. Great Barju Tree. Ishubara. Kavika. Fundo. Kustanga Hill. Komon World. Grandma Moai. Leelince. Tance. Ketta Keras. Byston Well. Anazo Kuzei Mountain. Aishe. Sechuku. Gada Powder.

vj1IG.gif

You be best be watching the dub, OR ELSE

Syrinx

Garzey's Wing 01

vj1IG.gif

We didn't start the fire...

Chariot

Never seen this anime but that OP was amazing.
My cup of tea is that the show isn't worth it.
It has an interesting setting and a lot of cool ideas. And that's the problem with the show. It just has too many ideas it wants to talk about and losing it slowly in them, similar to Xam'd, only even worse. It's 24 episodes of continuously worse getting confusion. There are better shows to watch that remember what they were talking about in the first place.

Also the protagonist is one of these kind of protagonists thate are constantly loud and angry. She is too fast too judge and has no time for proper judgement of situations and somehow everything important to her work out thanks to plot convenience.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Garzey's Wing 01

vj1IG.gif

wings of my heart~

cajunator

Banned
My cup of tea is that the show isn't worth it.
It has an interesting setting and a lot of cool ideas. And that's the problem with the show. It just has too many ideas it wants to talk about and losing it slowly in them, similar to Xam'd, only even worse. It's 24 episodes of continuously worse getting confusion. There are better shows to watch that remember what they were talking about in the first place.

Also the protagonist is one of these kind of protagonists thate are constantly loud and angry. She is too fast too judge and has no time for proper judgement of situations and somehow everything important to her work out thanks to plot convenience.

Thats pretty harsh but I agree mostly.
I still love the show.

Crocodile

Garzey's Wing DUB was more boring than it was "so bad its good" or "I can't believe this is a thing" :/ Mars of Destruction (or whatever its called) is the GOAT of anime that you can't believe are a real thing. I literally couldn't even finish it.

BluWacky

Garzey's Wing is the only DVD I know of that actually screams at you when you boot it up. It's almost as though it's warning you.

The original Nadia DVDs (can't speak for the Blurays) burst into the OP theme as soon as they start. The first word of the OP is "ima",.so you get a really unpleasantly loud "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" noise as the menu opens. It's actually a perfectly pleasant song normally, but on the DVD it is... Less pleasant.

Clov

The original Nadia DVDs (can't speak for the Blurays) burst into the OP theme as soon as they start. The first word of the OP is "ima",.so you get a really unpleasantly loud "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" noise as the menu opens. It's actually a perfectly pleasant song normally, but on the DVD it is... Less pleasant.

Knowing Sentai, the BD menus will be pretty simple. The original DVDs sound amazing, though.

mankoto

Majimoji Rurumo 3
Wasn't really feeling this one. Rurumo being this much of a klutz seemed a little forced. New girl seems fun though

Jex

Garzey's Wing DUB was more boring than it was "so bad its good" or "I can't believe this is a thing" :/ Mars of Destruction (or whatever its called) is the GOAT of anime that you can't believe are a real thing. I literally couldn't even finish it.

You're made of wrong.

Almost done with season 2 of the wire. So far the anime of the season. Will now always write indeed as "oh indeeee'". Not as good as sopranos or breaking bad for me though sorry firehawk and dresden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom