• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokoi

Banned
I only watched Haruhi once a few years ago. Both seasons were okay, but nothing really special. I found the movie to be great, but I don't really remember what made it great^^

Haruhi was one of the first shows I watched when I got back into anime, and same for me the show was nothing special. However, I found the movie quite enjoyable. I think it's because
haruhi was absent for most of it.

TUSR

Banned
Oh, you totally should. It's super great and enjoyable.
And finished. A great plus for an anime.

That sounds like a lie! And if it isn't then you need to watch it immediately.

Yeah I think its on my backlog list somewhere, there is just way too much stuff to catch up with. Thankfully this season looks a bit weak which gives me more time to clear the backlog out.

I only watched Haruhi once a few years ago. Both seasons were okay, but nothing really special. I found the movie to be great, but I don't really remember what made it great^^

Because its not about Haruhi :')

kyon-kun denwa

Haruhi was one of the first shows I watched when I got back into anime, and same for me the show was nothing special. However, I found the movie quite enjoyable. I think it's because
haruhi was absent for most of it.

Well. I thought it was good. Not great though.
And Haruhi-chan is the best part anyway.

Not entirely true. You could say
annoying Haruhi is absent

And I think that really is what made the movie enjoyable...

Eh, didn't annoy me that much (except for that part in Sigh Part 4 of course), but I see your point.

I fall asleep and the Summer Thread shows up shortly after. Yeesh that was a swift end to the Spring Thread.

Summer's gonna be a good season. I can tell. Aside from the fact that SAO is airing. We're gonna get some really good stuff alongside it. I just got a good feeling that no amounts of Sailor Moon CG will make it go away!

EDIT: Also dat OP. Oh wow.

Lurky

I only watch it for the Nagato action scenes to be frank.

Hm. Not my thing unfortunately.

My top five wanted blurays is probably Cowboy Bebop, Moribito, FLCL, Nodame Cantabile and TFTM.

FLCL is on my list too. I haven't seen those other shows though.

Firemind

Everyone should give Cowboy Bebop a try at least. I think I only know one person who didn't like it and he posts in this thread!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
But for the negativity being said about Haruhi, it's still home to one of the greatest EDs of all time.

Fireblend

Banned
Hey guys, maybe you can help me out. What shows/movies should I watch before Gundam Unicorn? The Universal Century timeline looks like a mess.

Firemind

The only TFTM I know is transformers, and if that's what you're referring to than same for me. I loved that movie.

Trans-Formers The Movie?

Yes.

Leonard Nimoy as Galvatron, Orson Welles as Unicron, Eric Idle as Wreck-Gar, Judd Nelson as Hot Rod, with Weird Al Yankovic as one of the song composers, you can't write this stuff.

Animation is superb as well. Based Toei.

Glasslip 01

I'm glad to say this is not another Nagi no asukara

Oh wait,but this is another true tears
male Noe and female Shinichiro lol
8JEgd2a.jpg

Damn it just episode 1,waifu war already
zv9vrLF.jpg

Free! Eternal Summer Episode 1

tumblr_n83c95O5iC1r2en1ko5_500.jpg
tumblr_n83gtfDKqs1s2tcauo4_500.png

I was afraid even Free would suffer like other anime do in second seasons and be less good but the episode was so amazing all around. Better than all my expectations and as a Rin fan it was perfect, hes so good when hes displaying all ranges of emotions. The ed clips too are great especially the scene with the cake and haru with him there.

I hope the anime wont make them graduate and go separate ways :( The signals it seems to be sending in the OP and some of the lines.
Flowers going separate ways, the last chance this year, Rin asking Haru what and where he will go next :( People being angry and sad in some moments in the OP :(

Baccano! - 9

Say whaaaaaat?

So the Rail Tracer isn't Dallas but actually this Vino dude.

Okay, that's interesting and all, but where does the Dallas and the Immortals story fit into with the Pussywagon story now?

And what the Hell is up with this kid asking Mr. Psychotic Ladd Russo asking to kill everybody in the dining car? Is he talking about the Black Suits? Is he trying to use Ladd Russo to save his mom and sister? I'm assuming that's Vino's que for taking him down since the kid supposedly dies from what was said in 1932.

And speaking of Ladd Russo, that entire scene where Vino was torturing the guy on the tracks. The way it constantly flashed back to Russo jumping up and down for joy. Talk about hard to watch O_O.

My mind is a complete jumble of questions right now for how all these stories are going to tie together.

Remember the time when KyoAni pandered to people like me?

Im glad they do it too me, many of the scenes in Haruhi Kyon and Koizumi closeness and then Kyon outfits in endless eight, and then Hyoka with that hot springs, and even KyoKai that one special even and Free! Too bad they still make duds like tamako and chu2koi. :/

Narag

Yes.

Leonard Nimoy as Galvatron, Orson Welles as Unicron, Eric Idle as Wreck-Gar, Judd Nelson as Hot Rod, with Weird Al Yankovic as one of the song composers, you can't write this stuff.

Animation is superb as well. Based Toei.

No Stan Bush mention? C'mon man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom