• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to anime....

Hyouka 16 - I am Very Curious!!!!!
Mazui_Hyouka_-_16_0D8901A5.mkv_snapshot_10.02_2012.08.05_21.47.18.jpg

KyoAni are such teases. I thought for a second there we might see the sister but clever angles prevented that from happening! Chitanda is still super funny to watch. Oreki seeing her getting interested and trying to prevent it as fast as possible was hilarious. Fukube seems to be getting more and more frustrated. It definitely
showed this episode with his outburst to Oreki
. Something is going on with him and I hope it gets resolved soon.

Ah it's so great to get back into this show. It's so good!

Chariot

Just watched Akame ga Kill and I don't know how to feel about it. So much gore and horrific serious things happening yet it was so fast paced and seemed to play out with a sense of comedy.

It was just very weird.
Even the bad things are kinda funny.
Arias breakdown was a bit silly. This Phoenix Wright Villain Breakdown with still images completly devalued her devious actions.

Also: why is night raid just standing around the villa. I mean, even if it was to get the attention of the guards, the guards could have a secrte weapon. If they knew that the guards were weak that way, they just could've go in and slaughter everyone so nobody would have any time to escape.

Chariot

This is terrifying. What kind of monsters are they breeding down in anime Princeton?
Sugar. Spice. And everything nice.
These were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect little girl.
But Professor Anime accidentally added an extra ingedient to the concoction.... CHEMICAL MOE.

It has occurred to me that perhaps watching Fate/Zero subbed is detrimental to my viewing experience in itself. How you receive information is important.

It's over guys,Love Live BD vol.1 sold over 100k now
103,004 *3 Love Live! 2nd Season [BD]: 2014/06/20
10,082 *2 Gochuuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? [BD+DVD]: 2014/06/20
*9,861 *2 Mekaku City Actors[BD+DVD]: 2014/06/25
*8,643 *5 Knights of Sidonia [BD+DVD]: 2014/05/28
*8,437 *1 No Game no Life [BD+DVD]: 2014/06/25
*7,233 *2 Kamigami no Asobi [BD+DVD]: 2014/06/25
*5,563 *1 Date A Live II [BD+DVD]: 2014/06/27
*5,530 *2 Isshuukan Friends [BD+DVD]: 2014/06/18
*2,911 *1 Black Bullet [BD+DVD]: 2014/07/02
*2,640 *1 Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou [BD+DVD]: 2014/07/02
*1,490 *1 Hitsugi no Chaika [BD+DVD]: 2014/06/27
*1,469 *1 Akuma no Riddle [BD+DVD]: 2014/06/18
*1,324 *1 Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara [BD+DVD]: 2014/06/18
**817 *1 Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin [BD+DVD]: 2014/06/25
**,679 *1 Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to [BD+DVD]: 2014/06/25
**,362 *1 Blade and Soul [BD+DVD]: 2014/06/25
**,*** *0 Fuuun Ishin DaiShogun [BD+DVD]: 2014/06/27
**,*** *0 Seikoku no Dragonar [BD+DVD]: 2014/07/02

Kvik

Also: why is night raid just standing around the villa. I mean, even if it was to get the attention of the guards, the guards could have a secrte weapon. If they knew that the guards were weak that way, they just could've go in and slaughter everyone so nobody would have any time to escape.

Well, my interpretation of the scene was
simply because it will look so fucking cool just standing on top of web of threads whilst observing the carnage dispensed by Akame & co.
you know, shock and awe and all that.

Chariot

It's over guys,Love Live BD vol.1 sold over 100k now
Gochuuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? and NGNL still have good numbers, I'm ok with this.
Well, my interpretation of the scene was
simply because it will look so fucking cool just standing on top of web of threads whilst observing the carnage dispensed by Akame & co.
you know, shock and awe and all that.
That's what the creators certainly thought. But I find these kind of scenes always stupid, except in gag shows and Jojos, when people just standing around, posing for the heck of it.

Sugar. Spice. And everything nice.
These were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect little girl.
But Professor Anime accidentally added an extra ingedient to the concoction.... CHEMICAL MOE.

Lol. I laughed way to hard at this. Anime "moe" is nothing compared to the Powerpuff Girls. You think Key has characters with big eyes...

Tumblr_lv8big5jK51qizyws.jpg

Nothing more big eyed and moe than this. Anime has nothing on the Powerpuff Girls.

CorvoSol

I've heard it sucks, but I never bothered to watch it.

What really should happen is someone in Japan should be smart and hire Tartakovsky and his boys and give that man stable work. Cuz like, pretty much everything he makes is gold.

Chariot

Wait! This is seriously a thing?!?! Holy crap!
There is a good reason you don't knew about this.
Somehow western work and anime don't fit right. I have yet to see an good anime adaption of a western cartoon or comic. I heard Witchblade is somewhat good at what it does, but never watched that or read the original.

10,082 *2 Gochuuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? [BD+DVD]: 2014/06/20
I would like to believe this will result in more rabbits.

103004 *3 Love Live! 2nd Season [BD]: 2014/06/20
And this resulted in coffee all over my computer screen.

Dear lord the idol thirst is real. I have vastly underestimated its power.
All thanks to Nico by the way.

There is a good reason you don't knew about this.
Somehow western work and anime don't fit right. I have yet to see an good anime adaption of a western cartoon or comic. I heard Witchblade is somewhat good at what it does, but never watched that or read the original.

Lol I was about to say Witchblade but you already pointed it out. I believe Avatar and Korra were both assisted on by Japanese Animation companies if memory serves me correctly.

But anyways Witchblade isn't "OMG Amazing" but it is decent. For an adaption that both the writer and animation company really wanted to work and be a shining example of west and east merging to create something awesome it wasn't terrible. It tried.

Chariot

Lol I was about to say Witchblade but you already pointed it out. I believe Avatar and Korra were both assisted on by Japanese Animation companies if memory serves me correctly.

But anyways Witchblade isn't "OMG Amazing" but it is decent. For an adaption that both the writer and animation company really wanted to work and be a shining example of west and east merging to create something awesome it wasn't terrible. It tried.
Animation help doesn't count, that's just the tedious work and less creative direction as far as I am concerned. Also america would be out of cartoons to show, because most animated shows are essentially made by studios in South-Korea, Vietnam and Japan or at least heavily assisted.

Busaiku

Man, with all the hype around it, I thought it was doing Gurren Lagann numbers, but I guess most of the hype comes from outside of Japan.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've actually managed to avoid figurines since my trip to Japan in early April. I'm proud of myself.

Still waiting for the Kill Me Baby figurine though. The painted prototype has been shown so its release must soon be upon us.

Though I hope no one waiting for the Kotoura nendo. It's been a year with no word A HA HA HA.

Chariot

I just read Ore Monogatari, it's really sweet, but I am a bit bummed out that this girl really don't have any egdes or hobbys (except for being a living cake factory). She is just there to geek out about Takeo. I think Yandere Kanojo has this better handled with Reina being mad in love, but still having a colorful personality.

Westlo

As long as the show has ample Shinon in it I will be content.
This means of course they will show her for a minute every 5 episodes or something and ignite a rage.

She should get a decent amount of screen time, she's the "heroine" of this set of novels after all. She's not exactly Liz or Silica who were just heroines of some side short stories.

fertygo

Ao Haru Ride 1
This was so shoujo, but I can't yet tell if this show is going to be good for what it is or infuriatingly bad.

So far so good doe, the soapy feel just in perfect amount.. my favorite eps so far for new season who knows if its gone from rail fast though lol
I could see it. The KLK event had 3500+ at it. It was completely sold out on the first day at the con and would have sold more except for space limitations.

Woah Aniplex laughing to the haters from bank.

I think my favorite Berserk music from anything is the opening for the PS2 game

Glad you brought it up at any rate. Reminded me I hadn't watchied this vid in a while: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8au6M1WpRDE

So god damn good. Favourite has to be FORCES.

not to be spammy, but I'm still sitting here grinning listening to the Barakamon OP and ED. That shows is incredible. Incredible.

Barakamon really will be the anime of the season. Seriously everyone should watch it.

hey animegaf first time posting in this thread :) im just gonna post my impressions on one of the series that got my attention this season which was akame ga kill

akame ga kill ep 1

so basically watching this my initial impression of it was kinda super meh i thought it was gonna be more comedy oriented and more light hearted since the first halfish of the show seemed to steer in that direction. Thankfully i was wrong and boy did things escalate kinda quick i really did like how the series mixes in comedy and gore and got me reading the manga which i have to say is decent (albeit might be a little to shounen for some) but yeah i really like this series and hope they follow really close to the manga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom