• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any thoughts on the "Neflix Original" Knights of Sidonia? I'm putting it in my Netflix queue for now.

EDIT:
Also why is the second season of Spice and Wolf on Netflix but not the first? I didn't realize at first and started watching it but stopped half way through the first episode because I was completely lost.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Sailor Moon Crystal 1

I haven't read the original manga. That said, I guess this felt more, uh... more or less accurate?

uWJvsCJ.gif

JoJo Stardust Crusaders 13

I feel like I'm getting exhausted with this series... Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency were both enjoyable and paced well enough to keep one interested. This just feels incredibly episodic... Plus, my wife has the hots for Dio, and she's mentioned more than once how he is woefully absent - and I have to agree. What's the point in having such a fabulously sexy nemesis if you are never going to utilize him? The stands all feel like try hards... but they're hardly interesting at all.

Do you remember this shot?
Because that one is among new added cut, and if its 24 minute without OP/ED then that's what I mean about the runtime,

Was that at the airport? I think I saw that during my dub rewatch but it didn't really phase me as new content.

Rhapsody

Banned
JoJo Stardust Crusaders 13

I feel like I'm getting exhausted with this series... Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency were both enjoyable and paced well enough to keep one interested. This just feels incredibly episodic... Plus, my wife has the hots for Dio, and she's mentioned more than once how he is woefully absent - and I have to agree. What's the point in having such a fabulously sexy nemesis if you are never going to utilize him? The stands all feel like try hards... but they're hardly interesting at all.

Despite SC being super popular, I'm pretty sure a lot of people agree with this. I like SC for its cast and it has some pretty iconic parts of the series (especially towards the end). But there were a lot of fights I didn't care for.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Ao Haru Ride - 01

I'm really enjoying this show but I wanted to highlight the scene where she was accused of shoplifting and the reaction of her "friends"... WOW! That scene hit home deep because I've known people like this who I once called friends... scum of the earth.

Free S2 01

280X6Hbl.jpg

Well pretty much the same old same old from season 1, expect now I guess Rin isn't a ghost anymore so that's boring. The new character looks like he's a walking drama bomb so can't wait for that!

Barakamon 01

Q4yToEJl.jpg

I really do like slice of lives shows that have the characters rediscover themselves through I guess the new fad is young adorable girls and in the country. It's a fun first episodes with nice gags all around and very nice calligraphy action going on. The OP and ED are great as well.

Glasslip 01

JtV2dfGl.jpg

So slice of life it kinda hurts. But at the same time the glass making action was pretty hot. This doesn't seem to be heavy with the drama unlike PA Works' last show well despite the sudden hate on the transfer student deal at the end.

Shounen Hollywood 01

2eXnI7ll.jpg

Well this definitely tells me an idol life isn't fabulous or very interesting to watch. I guess maybe they'll start doing something because otherwise this is pretty boring.

DRAMAtical Murder 01

I8zPw4Xl.jpg

Yep, a good adaptation of the game so far. Nice use of music, good introduction of most of the main characters of the show. Definitely lifting the dialogue right from the visual novel though I did appreciate that they added some foreshadowing for future events coming up.

Bakumatsu Rock 01

Ii4wL70l.jpg

Well this was crazy. Interesting to see how they drench the Edo-era into a rock theme show and of course the performance was fabulous. As long as they toss a rock concert into every episode, I'll keep watching.

Ao Haru Ride 01

F6lQzCdl.jpg

I am a sucker for these kinds of romances and I was basically hooked lined sinker 10 minutes in or so. Yes, the guy is a jerk, her friends are false, but its a shoujo and all of that will be resolved in the most fluffiest way imaginable and I can't wait for that to happen.

Himegoto 01

Plrqtr9l.jpg

Amusing 5 minute anime which I hope leads to more of these shows getting adapted. Prunus Girl would be a great start.

Gundam-san 01

73VpGKDl.jpg

I imagine most if not all of these references are flying over my head but I am enjoying all these different usages of art style here.

Ace of Diamond 38

At times I forget whose the main team here.

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren - Heated Table Series 02

You would wonder wouldn't they go bad if the summer heat?

Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V! 12

Your typical opponent shows off something amazing before the next episode, the protag will pull a win.

Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to OVA

It always leads to looking up Mangaka-san's skirt.

Man, the more I replay through Xenoblade, the more I want it to get an anime adaptation.

It also makes me want more British people dubbing anime. Like, there's just so much dang emotion put into those character's lines in that game it's insane.

Man, the more I replay through Xenoblade, the more I want it to get an anime adaptation.

It also makes me want more British people dubbing anime. Like, there's just so much dang emotion put into those character's lines in that game it's insane.

There's a british anime in Crunchy if you want to watch it. Pretty competent sci-fi adventure with hints of romance. It's called Time Jam. It is extremely british.

As to xenoblade, it was a bit too british for me

"'OY! LOOKIE O'VA DE'AAAAAA! EET'S A LI'HL SKEE'H'AH! LET'S BA'H'LE HIM!"

Busaiku

Final Fantasy XII was the most British I could handle.
I felt stuff like The Last Story and Xenoblade Chronicles were too over the top.

Final Fantasy XII sounded a lot more natural.

Jintor

There's a british anime in Crunchy if you want to watch it. Pretty competent sci-fi adventure with hints of romance. It's called Time Jam. It is extremely british.

Waiting for my Australian dubbed jrpg

Rhapsody

Banned
Final Fantasy XII was the most British I could handle.
I felt stuff like The Last Story and Xenoblade Chronicles were too over the top.

Final Fantasy XII sounded a lot more natural.

Yeah, XII's VAing was great (not factoring the compressed quality). I didn't mind Xenoblade's kinda just because there were some I like (Dunban and Reyn Time). But I don't think that game was the type to need british accents lol

Akame ga Kill 1
Note to self. try not to get attached to characters which are only shown for 30 seconds. That was sad when I saw how his best friends were murdered. I thought it was going to be something along the lines of them being found being held captive over the next few episodes.

Well, now that my expectations are set, I can't wait to see where this goes.

I'll gladly take Xenoblade's over-the-top dubbing over the average cringe-worthy dubbing we see in most JRPGs nowadays.

That's not to say I don't value the good American dubs that exist. Baccano! and Code Geass are shows that first-time watchers should always go for the dub.

And thanks for your suggestion but...

Crunchyroll said:
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, videos are unavailable in your region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom