• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

All right AnimeGAF. Serial Experiment Lain, Haibane Renmei, Shinreigari Ghost Hound.

What order should I watch these? I'm planning on tackling these three shows from my backlog next, now the issue is which order.

Lain I liked when I watched it the first time while it was airing on tech tv... (at least I think that is where it was) but my recent rewatch I found myself a tad bored.

Haibane Renmei... I wasn't minding, but I fell asleep to it multiple times and kind of just stopped watching around episode 5.

Ghost Hound was a pretty good watch (though Ghost Hunt is still my favorite Ghosts H series :p) all three series will make you think at some point though.

I would probably go with Lain then Ghost hound then Haibane.

All right. I'll do Haibane Renmei first. Once I call that overrated, I'll move on to Gunbuster, call it better than Evangelion in every way and a deconstruction of mecha anime. Then move on to Serial Experiment Lain, think it's ok but call it pretentious, and finally Ghosthound since only one person has recommended it I'll call it the best of the four and say it brought feels.

Will start this saturday or sunday we'll see.

All right. I'll do Haibane Renmei first. Once I call that overrated, I'll move on to Gunbuster, call it better than Evangelion in every way and a deconstruction of mecha anime. Then move on to Serial Experiment Lain, think it's ok but call it pretentious, and finally Ghosthound since only one person has recommended it I'll call it the best of the four and say it brought feels.

Will start this saturday or sunday we'll see.

Yup. Sounds like the type of outcome to expect from you. Lol.

Are you from the future?

imagine my surprise when I typed what I assumed was an obscure anime song in Amazon (GTO OP 2 song) and it appeared. Bought.

Yup. Sounds like the type of outcome to expect from you. Lol.

Are you from the future?

Psycho you wound me, I don't think I've ever called something overrated as a series review. I was making fun of recent developments in anime discussions. Well I mean I heavily disagree with Penguindrum being ranked higher than Fate Zero, but that's just me.

Psycho you wound me, I don't think I've ever called something overrated as a series review. I was making fun of recent developments in anime discussions. Well I mean I heavily disagree with Penguindrum being ranked higher than Fate Zero, but that's just me.

You and Fate/Zero.

Is there anything you rank higher than that show?

Channeling cajun here, but I just want all of you to know that I would feel the same way right now if anything happened to any of you. That includes the ones that no longer post here, whether by choice or not. I know a few of you would feel the same about me.

Really rough night :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Channeling cajun here, but I just want all of you to know that I would feel the same way right now if anything happened to any of you. That includes the ones that are no longer post here, whether by choice or not. I know a few of you would feel the same about me.

Gomu gomu hug.

kiryogi

Banned
I feel like we should take Hito's avatar, or a picture of Doremi, or SOMETHING to remember him by and put it in our avatars. Just to do something together in his memory.

Sorry Woofington, I'm gonna put GTO on hold while I marathon Doremi for the next few days. You don't have to worry about your side of the watchbet for now.

I'm giving him the Mercury salute. He was a good friend. His presence here and else where on GAF will be sorely missed

Channeling cajun here, but I just want all of you to know that I would feel the same way right now if anything happened to any of you. That includes the ones that are no longer post here, whether by choice or not. I know a few of you would feel the same about me.

Right back at ya.

Syrinx

Aria: The Natural 13

I'm not all that sure how comfortable I am posting impressions right now given everything that's going on, but I do feel I should point out that this show really is helping me feel better, if only a little. Its constant charm, calmness, and positivity have helped lighten my heart a bit.

How they made something beautiful mostly centered around Alice playing a game of only walking in the shadows is impressive. I think it was the music, both the instrumentation and Athena's gorgeous singing. Plus the moment of bonding there at the end between Alice and Athena was sweet too. They've made some great episodes this season and I hope to see more of that pair.

Morris

Disco Devil
I'll be making a conscious effort to finish Stars and start PGSM for Hito. Wish I could thank him for all his recommendations and for getting me into some of my favorite shows of all time.

I doubt most of you know me, I'm mostly on & off on #AnimeGAF as FloydM7 and these days I don't have much time to watch stuff and post impressions here but i'm always checking the thread. Just wanted to let you guys know that I really appreciate this community...

Didn't make it to the end :)

Should give it another try one day.

I was the opposite. There would be things happening in the plot that would require me to view the next episode immediately. I ended up finishing the whole series in two days. This was the second series I watched when I first subscribed to CR. Right after Girls und Panzer.

I just saw the news in the other thread. Fuck fuck fuck! I never thought I would be this devastated about losing someone I only knew as an avatar and a name.

RIP Hito

Dynedom

Just read about Hito. RIP.

Can't believe it. Going to marathon Urusei Yatsura and the original Sailor Moon series in his honor soon.

;_;

Gazoinks

I bought the LE BD. Sooooo good. NIS did good work.

Best RomCom? Ehhhhhh. It's great but the best? Maybe. Depends on what you think Clannad is.

In my personal opinion, Clannad only gets good when it stops trying to be a romcom. :p

Best anime romcom I've seen is probably Nodame Cantabile though.

Rhapsody

Banned
Never saw it! XD

I'm guessing it's worth a look?

I'd say check it out. I'm also one of the people that road the wave of Toradora and Clannad.

I've mostly read romcoms, but it wasn't until those two where I'd watch an anime of it.

And now it's everywhere and has lost its magic for me

In my personal opinion, Clannad only gets good when it stops trying to be a romcom. :p

Best anime romcom I've seen is probably Nodame Cantabile though.

But I like the RomCom parts...... but I cannot deny it becomes amazing when they get
into the last half of After Story

Never saw it! XD

I'm guessing it's worth a look?

Definitely!!!

Just know that some people don't look favorably on S1 all that much. I personally like it so opinion is divided on S1. So I won't overhype S1 for you. It's needed though. Can't really skip it.

After Story is pretty much amazing. It's so good.

Rhapsody

Banned
Just know that some people don't look favorably on S1 all that much. I personally like it so opinion is divided on S1. So I won't overhype S1 for you. It's needed though. Can't really skip it.
I'm usually surprised at that. I know the Fuko stuff isn't liked, but the rest is great.

Quasar

After Story is pretty much amazing. It's so good.

Yeah. I dropped S1 part way through but then later went and watched AS and loved that.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Rip Hitokage. I can't believe it...

I've had several wonderful conversations with Hito through IRC in the past. I was really looking forward to speaking with him again since returning...

Hito gave me my tag when I wrote him poetry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom