• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like we should take Hito's avatar, or a picture of Doremi, or SOMETHING to remember him by and put it in our avatars. Just to do something together in his memory.

Sorry Woofington, I'm gonna put GTO on hold while I marathon Doremi for the next few days. You don't have to worry about your side of the watchbet for now.

I hope his family will be alright.

When I saw Dresden's post I thought someone had just posted open spoilers or something he didn't like happened in a show he was watching.

The thought that someone had died never crossed my mind.

Tenumi

Banned
I want to cry so bad right now.

I have a lot I want to say, about the high level of respect that I have for him and looking up to him as what a member should be like. But I can't type in. Nothing is coming out.

I'll miss you, Hito.

Count me amongst those starting Doremi soon.

I am deeply saddened by Hito's passing. We butted heads a lot but we had some good conversations outside of GAF and once told me that he respected me for standing up for my "out there" opinions but that I needed to convey my arguments better. Will do Hito. Will do. You will forever have my respect. Will always remember you brother.

tumblr_n3cgcgHyjP1tv082lo7_500.gif

mankoto

I might not have spoken with him, but his posts were always enjoyable to read. It's such a shame to see him go, especially at such an early age.

Mokoi

Banned
I did not know Hitokage very much except that he posted in animeGAF, but it's always sad to hear when somebody passes away. RIP Hitokage.

I feel like we should take Hito's avatar, or a picture of Doremi, or SOMETHING to remember him by and put it in our avatars. Just to do something together in his memory.

Sorry Woofington, I'm gonna put GTO on hold while I marathon Doremi for the next few days. You don't have to worry about your side of the watchbet for now.

You made me sad and reminded me that GTO was the show Hito recommended to me. And when I wrote my review he was very happy that I had liked it so much that I put it in my top 10 anime.

Don't watch it because I made a watchbet with you, we can call it even with Baccano and whenever I watch these episodes of Gal gun or w/e it's called. Watch it because you feel like watching it. The last thing I want to do is force somebody to watch a show dear to my heart, it wouldn't be fair to the person nor the show.

Long story short, go watch Doremi without any worries I don't hold you to any agreement.

...Well...I fell like shit now, there was so much I still wanted to talk with Hito...

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

RIP Hitokage.

Pachael

This is too sudden and too sad. I remember Hito as one of the AnimeGAF originals and his intelligence and occasional riposte kept me attracted to the thread. RIP.

fertygo

What the hell, this is so sudden.. I still remember he quoting me discussing Precure, damn..

I can only wish the best for his family, RIP.

Shergal

Wow. This is heavy. I never talked much with Hito, but I respected him as a member and poster in this thread. I was even sort of looking forward to talking more with him after having watched a series he cherished...

RIP.

I just have no words. I didn't know Hitokage too well but this is hitting me really hard. Doremi is definitely going on my to-watch list now.

I need to go for a jog.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Going through some of my PMs I had with him in the past and found one containing this. It was from a Sailor Moon audio CD that he felt was relevant to my interests and decided to share with me in hopes of elevating Ami higher on my tier list. Needless to say it worked.

Really going to miss you Hito.

Narag

I can't stop looking at this picture and thinking about how much we both laughed at it.

pmpxSm.jpg

I'm so glad he made me watch that. Wouldn't have without his prodding. Probably my favorite irc moment is him making us all watch that a year after most did and SDBurton & Darkside losing their shit at the slumber party. All thanks to him.

Im in the middle of Buffalo wild wings and Im just sitting here. Not eating.

Go home if you need to.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I feel like I should post something here since this is where most of my interaction with Hito happened, but I don't know what. I've been away from animegaf a lot lately, but times like this make me wish I didn't. Maybe then I could have told him how much of a great friend he was.

I'm sorry for intruding. I just needed to vent out.

cajunator

Banned
I feel like I should post something here since this is where most of my interaction with Hito happened, but I don't know what. I've been away from animegaf a lot lately, but times like this make me wish I didn't. Maybe then I could have told him how much of a great friend he was.

*hugs tight

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The emotions are now running high, unlike most here my direct interactions with Hitokage were not calming or soothing, there were passionate to the point of rancor. We had very different ideas of what Sailor Moon is and what Sailor Moon should be but damn it he made Sailor Moon Mondays so much more interesting with his contrarian opinions. I would give the universe to have that back, to have him back, to have him here right now defending the merits of Chibiusa among other things but that is not possible and all I can do is work through the emotion, the raw anger, the confusion, the disbelief in the knowledge that he will not be there when we get to Sailor Moon R, he will not be there when we watch the next episode of Crystal and it makes me want to cry to the heavens. All I can say is the world has gotten a bit a sadder and less interesting now, goodbye Hitokage, may you find peace in the great cosmos beyond and goodspeed my rival, my friend.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I want to take the time to remember Hito for teaching me what it's like to be an intelligent poster. Have fun in this community thread and making me feel welcome. Enjoy the times that he and duckroll had when they were mods and laughed about the topic of fandeath. Being surprised that I got tagged with one of the most dumb topics i ever had the opportunity of discussing on the irc channel.

Hito was an extremely swell person and I feel like him passing away has made me realized that he was a big part of why I interacted with this thread....

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm so glad he made me watch that. Wouldn't have without his prodding. Probably my favorite irc moment is him making us all watch that a year after most did and SDBurton & Darkside losing their shit at the slumber party. All thanks to him.

Those were some really good fucking times :(

Can't say I got along well with Hito at all recently. And for that I feel like complete shit, honestly a lesser person. Life is way too short to get caught up in dumb and petty shit (especially when you know you were in the wrong). Fuck.

He was a good dude. A really good dude. I can't really believe this happened.

Even though I hardly ever interacted with him, I've always admired his intellect and reason over the years here. He always came across as a stand up guy, especially so after seeing the heartfelt words from people in the OT thread and these community threads. I deeply regret not having taken the initiative to form some kind of friendship with him.

Rest in peace, Hito.

Defuser

Fuck fuck fuck no. Fuck this really shook me and my day. Hito is a great person and one of the reasons I enjoy about animegaf. RIP Hitokage.

cajunator

Banned
I love all you guys from the bottom of my little cajun heart and losing any of you would be devastating to me.
Perhaps you can see that through all the infighting and judging and arguing from community to community we are all Gaf brothers and sisters and the loss of one affects all of us.
You are my favorite forum and I feel priveleged to be among you.
Even if we dont always get along I will always have your back when reality hits.
You all mean so much to me.

Mature

What Narag said. Could always do with seeing you around here again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom