• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wow. I did not expect to wake up to see this.

R.I.P. Hito

Now I regret not going to the IRC lately and talking to him there.

Just woke up to the news about Hito. I've never been an active member of AnimeGAF, but I still often read through the thread and enjoyed his take on magical girl shows. RIP. Doremi(s) added to watch list.

5cm per second nearly made me cry. Hit me right in the feels. I felt so angry and regretful that I had lost all connections to my childhood friend and my friends from primary school. Thank lord for facebook. I've managed to get back with my primary school gang but still have no idea where my best friend and youngest friend is :( . I don't even know how I could find her and it makes me feel so sad every time I think about it.

Pooya

switched to chrome from firefox (it's been horrible), looks like clipconverter.cc plugin let you bypass country check on youtube here unlike on firefox. You have to download the video though. jut FYI works on that youtube link above.

phaze

Toradora! - 02
Guys... I'm in love with this show... Please tell that is not shitty in the end.

The ending is meh imo but it's a very good show nonetheless

Re 5cm: I can certainly agree that (especially part 1) it was boring at times, over long with some shoddy writing but the ending wrecked me all the same, especially since, till the last moment, I was expecting it to end on a happy note. It was my first Shinkai movie and none of the others I've seen (Garden, fly to the tower for some contrived sci-fi bullcrap reason) managed to elicit an emotional response of the kind that 5cm did.

BluWacky

Sawano has an official youtube channel now, uploaded A/Z music video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPwTRLh_zLY&feature=youtu.be

which is 'not available in your counntry' and I can't rehost right now.

I haven't actually gotten around to watching any episodes of Aldnoah Zero with the ED on yet (although I guess I've heard this in the background of ep 1?), but I have to say I rather approve of the Amiga demo scene sound effects in the intro to the song!

EDIT - oh, ignore me, I thought this was a video for the OTHER Aldnoah Zero ED, didn't read the credits properly. Doh!

duckroll

G-Reco looks pretty good. Yoshida's designs are fantastic, and the character animation is actually pretty lively and bouncy. Tomino's camera work and direction is super conservative and there were many scenes which felt like a motion comic or straight visual adaptation of a graphic novel, except with animation that's a more active than expected which creates a really odd clash. The mechs also move in a clumsy and less conventional way compared to new mech anime so that comes off as odd too. Loving the tone of the series though. It looks like a ton of fun, and the music is very whimsical. Almost like a Disney soundtrack.

duckroll

First teaser footage for the new Yamato 2199 movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udEDoGzrKkE

Ha6RSSZ.jpg

Pooya

I haven't actually gotten around to watching any episodes of Aldnoah Zero with the ED on yet (although I guess I've heard this in the background of ep 1?), but I have to say I rather approve of the Amiga demo scene sound effects in the intro to the song!

EDIT - oh, ignore me, I thought this was a video for the OTHER Aldnoah Zero ED, didn't read the credits properly. Doh!

That one was episode 4, bits and pieces of it are used during battles in other episodes.

TheRancor

G-Reco looks pretty good. Yoshida's designs are fantastic, and the character animation is actually pretty lively and bouncy. Tomino's camera work and direction is super conservative and there were many scenes which felt like a motion comic or straight visual adaptation of a graphic novel, except with animation that's a more active than expected which creates a really odd clash. The mechs also move in a clumsy and less conventional way compared to new mech anime so that comes off as odd too. Loving the tone of the series though. It looks like a ton of fun, and the music is very whimsical. Almost like a Disney soundtrack.
Yeah, some of the storyboards felt motion comic like, pretty odd. Hard to appreciate some of the visuals/animation when the video quality is so poor and with wrong frame rate playback but that is the reality of some online preview. Really like the music by Yugo Kanno so far, fits the tone like a glove. It definitely looks fun.

fertygo

Aria the Natural - 18

Aika joining the master race with
dat new haircut
I love it, she shot up in my ranking now.. aw yeah.

I thought I'd log back on here to offer my condolences regarding Hito. His posts about Doremi were part of the reason why I started it and it was great to read his comments when I did my own. One big regret I have is that I never got to tell him that I finished it all, nor tell him how much watching Doremi meant to me.

I didn't know him well but in the short time that I spoke to him on here, he was a great person to talk with.

Thank you and RIP Hito, you will be missed.

Note: I am active on Twitter for the time being. I am @buildknuckle (in case you were wondering who that was).

You and Fate/Zero.

Is there anything you rank higher than that show?

Cowboy Bebop for sure the others in my top 5 depend on the day and mood I'm in. Funny enough two of my top 5 anime I don't own the blu ray of. Fate zero because bitch please I ain't paying that much for a blu ray fuck you aniplex, and cowboy bebop I've complained enough about the blu ray release being all but forgotten

At least it's better than Clannad.

I say I say snap crackle pop. Put em in a cereal watch yo teeth rot!

/XX/

Q.E.P.D., Mr. Gilmartin...

... you know, I regret that my last PM, direct exchange with him was because of the incident during his last ban... at the time I only thought it was the right thing to keep being civil and calling out anyone without thinking on the feelings of the ones involved on previous events I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW A FUCKING THING ABOUT, I was insensible and stupid. Now that I realize it was the last time we would have a conversation... I would have preferred to share words about nicer things. I'm sorry about that, Hitokage, I'm so sorry... I'll treasure likewise any message from you.

Fucking hell, why did this happen?

Thoraxes

have you figured out how to get those discs out in some foolproof way from CCS set?

Put a microfiber cloth over your finger, and slide it under the middle of the disc and pop it up from underneath. The ones on the leaflets/extenders/whatever you want to call them are way easier to pop out.

Vylash

ugh i finally finished moving so i can watch things again, is Barakamon still good? also gotta get on that watchbet

Thoraxes

Wait, the movie is a confirmed sequel? Whaaaaaaaaa?!

Judging by the poster it looks like it takes place during (ending Yamato 2199 spoilers beware!)
their voyage back, because of the covered up canon in front. This only happened after they arrived at Iscandar. Okita is still alive too (or rather he was casted), so it's before the end of the TV series unless it's just something completely unrelated to the canon of this version of the series, which I doubt.

duckroll

Wait, the movie is a confirmed sequel? Whaaaaaaaaa?!

It's a "sequel". Sounds a bit retcon-ish. It takes place after most of the events of the TV series, but right before they actually get back to Earth. There aren't a lot of details as to how it makes sense, so we'll see.

I've never watched any of the Yamato stuff before, but that teaser looked cool. Guess I'm off to Wikipedia to see the order I need to watch everything in.

/XX/

I've never watched any of the Yamato stuff before, but that teaser looked cool. Guess I'm off to Wikipedia to see the order I need to watch everything in.
You only need to watch the latest Space Battleship Yamato 2199 series, as this is a re-imagined version of the original one. Nothing more is needed to be prepared for that upcoming movie.

Necrovex

Well that killed my hype a bit because if it's an interquel then that means
waifu will be in a comma the whole film and won't have scenes with husbando

Yamato 2199 doesn't seem like it needs a sequel though. It ended on a strong note and we can assume where things go from there. An interquel doesn't seem like a bad plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom