• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard Prison School is getting an anime adaptation.
I don't know what I want to be done better and not screwed up more, that or Gundam Build Fighters S2

-----------------------------------------------------------

Himegoto 05

This show is a never ending source of...something.
I haven't really figured that out yet.

Mobile Suit Gundam-san 05

If this show is good at one thing, it's providing images of Char that may have ample use in the future.

cajunator

Banned
I don't know what I want to be done better and not screwed up more, that or Gundam Build Fighters S2

Himegoto 05

If this show is good at one thing, it's providing images of Char that may have ample use in the future.

Prison School will destroy animegaf from within lol.
It seems quite dangerous.

Himegoto 05

You know I really want that scene where the Chairman asks a question on boobs and asses animated in Prison School. That made me laugh so hard especially the answer that was given.

I don't even care about the ass men vs breasts lover fights, but if somebody says Hana isn't best girl they'll get Spanish inquisiton torturing. Like the comfy chair.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Having now found out what Prison School is about, I will be honest, I expected much worse (in terms of content not quality).

I don't even care about the ass men vs breasts lover fights, but if somebody says Hana isn't best girl they'll get Spanish inquisiton torturing. Like the comfy chair.

I really liked Hana. Then the last few chapters happened. And now I am slowly going into the USC President corner and maybe her sister. Kind of feel bad for her. Hana is slipping.

Also I have been having a lot of nightmares lately. It sucks that what happened last night wasn't one of them. Dang. :(

Having now found out what Prison School is about, I will be honest, I expected much worse (in terms of content not quality).

It really just makes fun of the lewd stuff, not a big deal. The best part of the series is the prisoners interactions, Art, Chairman, and Hana.

/XX/

New anime kickstarter name Under The Dog
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1300298569/under-the-dog/description

Director is Masahiro Ando
Producer is Hiroaki Yura
Story is by Jiro Ishii
Animation Studio is Kinema Citrus
Is this one of the two action projects on planning stages Mr. Ando talked about recently? I find it strange because he mentioned years could pass before we would know something about them... so I suppose things are moving very fast now or this is a change of plans after bad circumstances occurred...

Jex

Is this one of the two action projects on planning stages Mr. Ando talked about recently? I find it strange because he mentioned years could pass before we would know something about them... so I suppose things are moving very fast or this is a change of plans after bad circumstances occurred...

It's strange to see Ando working with Kitema Circus rather than BONES.

Anyway I chucked in some cash. Why not.

_hekk05

Banned
I see there is much love for shinobu. (*¯︶¯*)

Hachikuji has a special place in my heart though. Which is why i always add ras to arararararagi

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It really just makes fun of the lewd stuff, not a big deal. The best part of the series is the prisoners interactions, Art, Chairman, and Hana.
It's just the way people went on about it, it made it sound like the subject matter was going to be ultra shocking. So with a title like Prison School I expect a really dark story.

Jex

No chance of that happening.

But I'll throw in my $20.

They're going to have a real problem even hitting their stretch goal if their lowest tier reward that gives you a DVD/BD is $100. That's completely outrageous. People want to have the physical disc, you shouldn't try and stiff you biggest fans by screwing them over.

Maybe duckroll should send them some help.

"Under The Dog" is a pretty god awful title too.

Pooya

Producer is Hiroaki Yura
Story is by Jiro Ishii

You forgot character design: Yusuke Kozaki, yeah finally another anime with his designs. I like his modern designs very much.

Does that imply Jiro Ishii doesn't work for L5 anymore? That last mobile game didn't actually come out (actually Kozaki was on that too I recall).

Anyway, great team they have there! I'm a fan of all.

It's just the way people went on about it, it made it sound like the subject matter was going to be ultra shocking. So with a title like Prison School I expect a really dark story.

Haha really? It's just a comedy with really good art that's on the lewd side.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders 19

Well, the censoring is back but this one I can understand. Because that was pretty violent.

OST was going nuts this episode and strong horror movie vibes.

9a80ae793a.jpg

I mean Christ look at this

But what the hell does Lali-ho mean? Was that even in the manga? I don't remember.

Joseph's pilot skills never get old

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I didn't say I didn't like it, in fact I enjoyed it, however I expected something completely different with the way others talk about it. Even on this page cajun says:

Prison School will destroy animegaf from within lol.
It seems quite dangerous.

That sound not sound like a comedy.

Of course I'm unfazed my lewd stuff so if that was the big deal then no wonder I got the wrong end of the stick. I've read much much worse in regards to that.

Ergo Proxy 13

Well, decided to continue watching this show. Anyway, I like this episode. Iggy being self-aware and talking shit to Re-L/putting her in her place was great.

Noooo, Iggy! :(

Rhapsody

Banned
Prison School's just ok to me. It has it's moments where the setup all comes together. The chairman's hilarious as well.

I'm fine with stuff like TLR lewdness, but the vice prez really annoys me lol

Pooya

the kickstarter is by the same company who did the kickstarter for project phoenix game, huh. I guess they do anime now.

edit: I see it's Yura's own company, hmm.

Mr.Jeff

Producer is Hiroaki Yura
Story is by Jiro Ishii
The video does a far better job of selling it as a project than the blurb of the Kickstarter does. It struck me more that the end the video that Yura and Ando are hoping that doing this will provoke some kind of change on the restrictions of creating anime rather than everything being beholden to a production committee.

Link Man

Banned

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders 19

Well, the censoring is back but this one I can understand. Because that was pretty violent.

OST was going nuts this episode and strong horror movie vibes.

But what the hell does Lali-ho mean? Was that even in the manga? I don't remember.

Joseph's pilot skills never get old
Lali-ho is a dwarven greeting in Final Fantasy.

Phatmac

Solid horror style episode of jojo. Haven't read the manga so I'm interested in seeing how this all pans out. Don't think Kakyoin will make it out alive. :/

zulux21

The best girl was Anzu Yokoyama, second best girl was Risa Bettou, third best girl was Mitsuko Yokoyama, fourth best girl was Chiyo Kurihara, and then finally maybe Hana.

quick thoughts why.
though if I wasn't married, and they were real people the only one I would be remotely interested in dating would be Anzu so she is leagues above the rest. Risa was next because she has the most interesting scenes in the series (I like the cross of adorable effort and weird crap going on... her scenes are some of the only abuse scenes I actually enjoyed in the series). Mitsuko and chiyo are both a little to obsessed with what they like and I doubt I could keep a conversation with them but mitsuko's obsession is a lot more interesting then chiyo's. And then there is finally Hana... which of all of the violent should be thrown in prison characters in the series, she at least seems like she can somewhat be redeemed, though it will still take years of therapy as she has some very screwed up thoughts.

I do wonder how far the anime will go though, I mean I would assume it would cover the first major arc
ending when they get out.
in a 26 episode anime (it might take a bit more than that but I assume a number of scenes will be trimmed down and shortened to make the show able to air) as it's a logical stopping point but I suppose I could also see them stopping mid way with the sub arc
ending after their time is extended after he is caught going on a date.
either way there is a good chance people won't meet the better girls in the series :/

Producer is Hiroaki Yura
Story is by Jiro Ishii

heh... $10 for a trailer.
$100 for a physical version of 24 min of anime.
that's to rich for me to blind buy something I don't know if I would like or not.

Midonin

Invaders 05

You know who saved the day? The magical girl of love and justice, Rainbow Yurika! Represent! Though this isn't primarily an action anime, it looks like it can still have a climactic action scene when the plot calls for it. So Jake and Elwood there were ghost hunters. It's not surprising to think that there are factions out there who want to do away with any of the tenants. The show's pretty enjoyable, and I look forward to delving more into the character of all the girls. Especially Yurika.

Midonin

At this point, is Hanayamata worth watching? I was thinking about it before it aired, but I want to hear some opinions.
One of my favorite shows of the season. It's sentimental, it's got comedy, it's got cuteness, it's a tale of self-discovery. Wonderful show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom