• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sentai needs to answer my tweets, already. I'm asking very important stuff, like when they're going to pick up Nichijou and Hyouka.

Looks like the Q&A is done now. I only asked one question, about more OSTs being added to releases, but that wasn't answered either.

Mahouka Episode 19

Those action scenes were great, we got to see a guy float on a board. And that Engrish was amazing, made me love this episode. Though the meat of the episode is seeing that the China Alliance is trying to get that relic. Which Tatsuya has. So things are gonna start getting interesting and more action is gonna come too.

I really do hope Aniplex releases a BD for Mahouka, but it's probably gonna be expensive. Oh well I'm still gonna buy it.

TUSR

Banned
I love you guys. I really really love you a lot.

<3

Mahouka Episode 19

Those action scenes were great, we got to see a guy float on a board. And that Engrish was amazing, made me love this episode. Though the meat of the episode is seeing that the China Alliance is trying to get that relic. Which Tatsuya has. So things are gonna start getting interesting and more action is gonna come too.

I really do hope Aniplex releases a BD for Mahouka, but it's probably gonna be expensive. Oh well I'm still gonna buy it.

Tatsuya vs. China Alliance

Does he even need backup?

mankoto

Aldnoah.Zero 6
Inaho is still the only one that can think on his feet and Slaine must have a tracking device on the princess because the odds of this are almost impossible. If anything
he'll probably be held prisoner until the princess shows the crew that she's actually alive.

/XX/

Oh, and on the topic of budgets we have been talking these past days; I was reminded of the breakdown of different aspects information about the economics of productions on the Japanese animation business (with examples and a general vision of the situation at the time) our very own Mandoric compiled:

Shade of Yggdrasil(&#20206;) » Blog Archive » Heaven, Hell, Reality: Three Looks at the Business of Animation Production: Part 1.
http://bakudon.net/news/2008/02/27/...mation-industrys-circumstances-and-challenges

Shade of Yggdrasil(&#20206;) » Blog Archive » Heaven, Hell, Reality: Three Looks at the Business of Animation Production: Part 2.
http://bakudon.net/news/2008/02/27/...imation-production-part-2-gundam-00-dvd-sales

Shade of Yggdrasil(&#20206;) » Blog Archive » Heaven, Hell, Reality: Three Looks at the Business of Animation Production: Part 3.
http://bakudon.net/news/2008/02/27/...ation-of-the-production-costs-of-bamboo-blade

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The group of friends I normally watch anime with have decided Rail Wars is shit, so now I have to watch it on my own. :(

Onii-Sama the anime 19

That action scene after the break came out of nowhere, and damn little sister was especially thirsty this episode

oKPOnfA.png

Uh oh...

mankoto

The group of friends I normally watch anime with have decided Rail Wars is shit, so now I have to watch it on my own. :(
Even if it is bad, it is truly something worth watching for the experience.

Who do you trust more, your own prior experience or some guy who reads books!?!?
Well admittingly, I'm pretty gullible. He was also pretty critical of SAO which led me to believe he knew what he was talking about.

Hattori

Banned
Doremi 24
Majo Ruka arc finally wraps up, what a cliff hanger of an ending though.
I'm guessing Pop will be an Ojamajo now since she found out. Hopefully she does end up being one, it'll be a nice change up to the formula.Plus, Pop is awesome so more screen time will be very welcomed :)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's pretty likely that they'll get BD releases, since they'll want people who bought the old Bandai sets to double-dip. Hell, I'll double-dip on Haruhi now.

That being said, both titles are upscales. Well, more specifically, Lucky Star and S1 of Haruhi are upscales. Haruhi's upscale in particular isn't supposed to be very good at all. Lucky Star's upscale seems to be better.
I just remember Bandai fucking up S2 and releasing it with a mono track. I hope Funimation doesn't have something special happen to their release. :p

Fireblend

Banned
Barakamon 6

Anime of the season? More like anime of the year. The humor is just unmatched (I rewatched the episodes with my gf the other day, and we were both laughing out loud at some scenes - even watching them for the second time in my case), and the cast is so well developed it reminds me of stuff like Planetes in terms of how consistently written each of the characters is. And I love the OP. The after credits scene still got a chuckle out of me, but I think Tamako is the only character whose quirk is starting to feel forced.

Clov

I feel like Sentai just want nothing to do with Hyouka.

KyoAni stuff has done well for Sentai, but Hyouka's international rights are owned by a different company than the KyoAni titles Sentai has. I think Hyouka might be owned by Kadokawa.

No idea what's going on with it really; I'm not even certain if anyone's actively trying to get it. I do think someone will get it eventually, but I've no idea who or when.

I just remember Bandai fucking up S2 and releasing it with a mono track. I hope Funimation doesn't have something special happen to their release. :p

Audio wise I think Funi's release will be fine. Most of Funimation's release issues have to do with video; having a brighter picture for no reason, banding, broadcast versions, etc. Hopefully they handle these releases well.

cajunator

Banned
KyoAni stuff has done well for Sentai, but Hyouka's international rights are owned by a different company than the KyoAni titles Sentai has. I think Hyouka might be owned by Kadokawa.

No idea what's going on with it really; I'm not even certain if anyone's actively trying to get it. I do think someone will get it eventually, but I've no idea who or when.

Audio wise I think Funi's release will be fine. Most of Funimation's release issues have to do with video; having a brighter picture for no reason, banding, broadcast versions, etc. Hopefully they handle these releases well.

if companies were able to license rescue stuff like CCS , Sailor Moon, and Yakitate Japan, then Hyouka should be a piece of cake.
Negotiations for Sailor Moon must have been an epic bloodbath. I would have loved to be a fly on THAT wall.

Clov

if companies were able to license rescue stuff like CCS , Sailor Moon, and Yakitate Japan, then Hyouka should be a piece of cake.
Negotiations for Sailor Moon must have been an epic bloodbath. I would have loved to be a fly on THAT wall.

I'm sure Hyouka is comparatively easier compared to bigger properties like Sailor Moon and CCS, but there's no telling what's happening with the license. Dealing with companies like Kadokawa can be tricky.

Thoraxes

It sounded like it was one of those out there, just cheap for the taking but nobody wants it. Based on their last couple panels anyways.

Barakamon 6

Anime of the season? More like anime of the year. The humor is just unmatched (I rewatched the episodes with my gf the other day, and we were both laughing out loud at some scenes - even watching them for the second time in my case), and the cast is so well developed it reminds me of stuff like Planetes in terms of how consistently written each of the characters is. And I love the OP. The after credits scene still got a chuckle out of me, but I think Tamako is the only character whose quirk is starting to feel forced.

Well at least Tamako is a true Fujoshi even if she denies it.

Jarmel

Banned
Not particularly since it covers the storyboard process which is concrete. Unless that is not what you meant.

Edit: I'm not entirely uninterested in the animation, just I'd rather see stuff concerning the cinematography and such rather than key animators doing their thing. Post-production too.

Well sometimes I've seen preproduction include the planning phase and others, right before production.

Phatmac

Based on all these responses about SAO it seems like you have to keep watching it once you start. Kinda want to watch it now in order to share in the misery but I'll probably regret it. D:

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'd hope so, although at this point, I don't even know if it's worth putting in the effort.

Based on all these responses about SAO it seems like you have to keep watching it once you start. Kinda want to watch it now in order to share in the misery but I'll probably regret it. D:
If you haven't seen it, you probably never should.

mankoto

Mahouka 19
So Onii-sama just has to copy the properties of the Philosopher's Stone meanwhile writing a thesis one of magics greatest mysteries? Come on now.

97302.png

Articalys

Just watch it if you're interested. If you like it you like it, if you hate it you can always pick up something like Log Horizon instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom