• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

Dangit Branduil, your avatar is too dark. It's really bugging me. Here's a fixed version in case you want it.

lIxXrrB.png

Clov

I need to upgrade my DVDs. Don't let it be this way!

I had managed to get almost all the DVDs except 6 and the OVA. I won't have to go hunting anymore, at least!

With this, Haruhi, and Bebop, I'm gonna have a bunch of old Bandai stuff to sell. Gotta find someplace to do that...

So baller. They did great and gave me everything I wanted (Bebop in December) and more! Haruhi both seasons? Lucky Star? Fuck yeah. D-Frag? Yes.

Gonna buy all of that.

Excited for both Haruhi and Lucky Star. Do we know for sure if Disappearance was picked up? If I could only own one thing from the Haruhi franchise it would be Disappearance.

I may pick up Bebop too although I still haven't seen it. Perhaps the first time I watch it will be the Bluray release.

Ergo Proxy 19

The ones who told me this show gets weird and experimental were not lying. Ever since like episode 13 (or whenever it was when this show "changed"), I've been enjoying it a lot more. It's just so random now. This episode, in particular, is my favorite so far. It's basically a Disney show. Plus, Pino is always great. Best character on the show, though that may not be saying much.

I loved Ergo Proxy. There are so many stand out episodes that elevated it above anything I'd seen before. The direction of it seems to veer in different directions while watching one episode after the other that it made for a great ride. My favorites were 11, 15 and the one you mentioned.

Thoraxes

Excited for both Haruhi and Lucky Star. Do we know for sure if Disappearance was picked up? If I could only own one thing from the Haruhi franchise it would be Disappearance.

I may pick up Bebop too although I still haven't seen it. Perhaps the first time I watch it will be the Bluray release.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/08/09/home-video-announcements-from-otakon/

Finally, FUNimation has acquired the rights to the following titles:

- Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 1
- Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2
- Haruhi Chan and Churuya San
- Lucky Star series + OVA
- Strike Witches movie
- Steins;Gate movie
I had managed to get almost all the DVDs except 6 and the OVA. I won't have to go hunting anymore, at least!

With this, Haruhi, and Bebop, I'm gonna have a bunch of old Bandai stuff to sell. Gotta find someplace to do that...

There was a collection that also came with all the t-shirts from Rightstuf a few years back that I got. It was during one of the holiday sales. Lucky Star that is.

JoeFu

Banned
Watched Aldnoah, this episode was better. Slaine is doing stuff! The Vers mech thingy looked stupid though, all those fists looked really dumb.

On topic of Funi releases, will buy Bebop and maybe D-Frag depending on price. If they had Disappearance I would buy that no questions asked. Not sure I want to own the show.

So it's not known for sure that Disappearance was picked up? Ah well, I will be content with the series if the price is right.

EDIT: Forgot about the Steins;Gate movie. Definitely picking that up to go with the re-release of the series on Bluray in Sept.

Necrovex

So it's not known for sure that Disappearance was picked up? Ah well, I will be content with the series if the price is right.

It's hard to justify paying much for the second season of Haruhi when half of it will contain the Endless Eight arc.

I may give Bebop another go. I wasn't too hot on it five years back, but maybe as a grown ass man, I may enjoy this anime now.

Thoraxes

Purseowner 4 Golden - 05

Yes, the vibraslap is that much fun to play in real life.

Also glorious singing by the queen Rie Kugimiya, and her subordiante Kana Hanazawa. Washes away the filth of the horrible English dub that's a stain on humanity.

I loved Ergo Proxy. There are so many stand out episodes that elevated it above anything I'd seen before. The direction of it seems to veer in different directions while watching one episode after the other that it made for a great ride. My favorites were 11, 15 and the one you mentioned.

Yeah, I really like the show now. First ten or so episodes? Not so much, but the randomness has definitely made it a lot more enjoyable. I'm really glad I decided to stick it out. Can't wait to see how it ends.

Edit:
My reviews always turn out super long with a few grammar mistakes I swear I double checked. Sigh.
Nice review! Didn't read all of it as I didn't want to spoil too much of it for myself, but it sounds interesting. Gonna add it to my list of things to watch.

TUSR

Banned
Hyouka 1 - "The inexperienced draw attention by acting differently."

So i've been putting this off for so long, I honestly have been afraid to watch it because I know there is a 0% chance that there will ever be more. PshycoNinja finishing Haruhi gave me the final push to start this.

The animation in this episode is really well done, does the rest of the series look as good as the first episode?

I went through parts of the episode frame-by-frame. (Easy to guess which ones) And loved what they did with Chitanda's eyes. The eyes in general are pretty in this show.

And on that note Chitanda and Oreki are such great characters. I feel like the two draw parallelisms to certain Haruhi characters.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think Kyon simply wanted to go back to how things are because he wanted the bond he shared with Haruhi back. He wanted the bond he shared with everyone back. He saw a world where there wasn't Haruhi attending his school and wasn't in his life. He didn't like what he saw. Haruhi, despite her troublesome nature, brought color, meaning and joy to Kyon's life and he did everything he could to get it back. And his solemn swear to Yuki that he would protect everyone in the SOS Brigade and would destroy the world for them just goes to show how far he's now willing to go to protect his friends.

-PshycoNinja
Oh course, the Nagato spinoff finds a way to a) make Nagato the true main character and be the better for it and b) still manage to bring the entire cast together anyway.

I wonder if that anime is still being planned though. Seems like there hasn't been any news since that original announcement... although I'm not really F5ing for Haruhi news.

Nice review Pshyco. I also look through my final impressions at least 10 times before I post them yet after they've been posted I still find mistakes. Hell, I reread my regular posts a few times before I post them to ensure I fix any errors.

Nice job on the review. Now I recommend reading the light novels since there's pretty much no reason a season 3 is going to happen if you're wanting more.

I started going through them but I only finished the first two. I should get back to them at some point.

Clov

Oh course, the Nagato spinoff finds a way to a) make Nagato the true main character and be the better for it and b) still manage to bring the entire cast together anyway.

I wonder if that anime is still being planned though. Seems like there hasn't been any news since that original announcement... although I'm not really F5ing for Haruhi news.

I'm sure it's still in the pipeline. I wonder who's going to animate it though, since I feel that KyoAni's probably done with the franchise. Maybe Ordet, since they animated that Lucky Star spin-off.

We don't even know if it will be a full series or a short, five minutes per episode series yet. There's a lot of unknown factors. Still, I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully we'll have more info by next year.

Hyouka 1 - "The inexperienced draw attention by acting differently."

So i've been putting this off for so long, I honestly have been afraid to watch it because I know there is a 0% chance that there will ever be more. PshycoNinja finishing Haruhi gave me the final push to start this.

The animation in this episode is really well done, does the rest of the series look as good as the first episode?

I went through parts of the episode frame-by-frame. (Easy to guess which ones) And loved what they did with Chitanda's eyes. The eyes in general are pretty in this show.

And on that note Chitanda and Oreki are such great characters. I feel like the two draw parallelisms to certain Haruhi characters.

Yes. The visuals are very strong in this show.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm sure it's still in the pipeline. I wonder who's going to animate it though, since I feel that KyoAni's probably done with the franchise. Maybe Ordet, since they animated that Lucky Star spin-off.

We don't even know if it will be a full series or a short, five minutes per episode series yet. There's a lot of unknown factors. Still, I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully we'll have more info by next year.
If it's not a full series and more like that Lucky Star thing, then they might as well not bother. lol

Clov

If it's not a full series and more like that Lucky Star thing, then they might as well not bother. lol

Yeah, there wouldn't be much of a point. If it's a regular manga instead of a 4koma then it has a higher chance of being a regular series (or at least I'd like to think so). Who knows, though!

jbug617

Banned
SAO S2 6

So that's how she joins the rest of them. I thought it would of happen later on unless she is going to fight it for a little while before she gives in to Kirito.

TUSR

Banned
Hyouka 2 - "Im a bit curious."

Enough with the Sinon butt shots. Lets talk about Hyouka.

Oreki is something else isn't he? Im not too sure what to expect from the guy. I feel like there is going to be some larger-at-hand mysterious arc to the show, or eternal letdown. Probably related to what Chitanda was referencing towards the end of the episode.

This show is gorgeous, I know i've only shown close ups and eyes. The background art is really well done too.

Now everyone is
IU128Hi.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom