• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

Aria the Origination - 04

Damn, I love this season theme, its build up to Akari eventual graduation isn't it? so good..

Aria the Origination - 05
Akira ponytail GET, young Akira tomboy casual look GET!

Still continue to build up the graduation to became prima, I like the focus to Aika's inferiority that shared with Akira.. this season rock.

Aria the Origination - 06

Alicia is scary lol, another ace episode.. they should switch up the senpai with the junior more often.

Btw its seem I missed up ep 5.5, sheit.

Thoraxes

Koufuku Graffiti or w/e based SHAFT

Staff/Cast reminders:

Staff:
Chief Director: Akiyuki Shinbo
Series composition:Mari Okada
Character designs: Kazuya Shiotsuki
Studio: SHAFT

(Using the second image as reference)

Cast:
Ryou Machiko - Rina Sato (middle)
Kirin Morino - Asuka Ougame (left)
Shiina - Mikako Komatsu (right)

1408098272276tfso0.jpg

14080983222533hsgf.jpg

Let's see:

Wixoss, Amagi, Trinity(I follow the manga), Cross Ange, Fate/Stay Night of course, Gundam Build Fighters because the first season was great, Gundam G(YAYA MORE GUNDAM),Tenchi(I love the character designer), Log Horizon, Joker, Psycho Pass S2, Chaika S2, World Trigger, Terra Formars.

More will be added as I get my fellow animefans impressions of other series and I'm probably forgetting a few.

Gonna be a good season.

Quasar

Chihayafuru S2 - 02

Not quite done yet with this episode but holy fuck, how in the world am I supposed to give a fuck about this girl Sumire. Oh she's looking for a cool boyfriend! Now that's what I call an interesting, rarely seen angle. I mean she and this other new guy will have their character progression but I don't want to go through this shit again; not halfway through the series anyways. And supposedly they need 5 new members...

Maybe I actually need to skip some sections this time around.

Poor Sumire :(

Sounds like your aren't enjoying it, so I question why you are continuing.

fertygo

Goddammit we getting eating-moe earlier than lewd-cooking nooooo
Ohoho, just you wait. The ending of Origination is just fantastic.

Did you watch the OVA Arietta by the by?
I also miss that, mistook it as something that I thought should watch after origination, gonna remedy that soon.

Quasar

Glasslip 7 - Everyones hating on poor Kakeru, and Sachi shows her true colours. Getting a bit aggro for a PA Works show this is.

Poor Sumire :(

Sounds like your aren't enjoying it, so I question why you are continuing.

Because I enjoyed the vast majority of season 1 and want to check out this season? The 2-3 next episodes were already much better as it was focusing on a tournament. And as it looks like there won't even be more than 2 new club members necessarily, which is a plus.

I also realized that I really like the humor in this show. It's mostly just shocked facial expressions and banter between the characters, but it's well done. Also that Retro guy...lol. Really like how often certain side characters reappear.

Quasar

People like duckroll who watch transformers and ninja turtles are the reason the turtles made more money than Guardians of the Galaxy this past weekend.

This is what's wrong with you America.

Ninjas better than pirates err outlaws?

I probably would have watched Turtles instead if it didn't have the taint of Bay.

Quasar

Because I enjoyed the vast majority of season 1 and want to check out this season? The 2-3 next episodes were already much better as it was focusing on a tournament. And as it looks like there won't even be more than 2 new club members necessarily, which is a plus.

I also realized that I really like the humor in this show. It's mostly just shocked facial expressions and banter between the characters, but it's well done. Also that Retro guy...lol. Really like how often certain side characters reappear.

Oh OK.

Yeah, Retro is pretty amusing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Aria the Origination - 04

Damn, I love this season theme, its build up to Akari eventual graduation isn't it? so good..

Aria the Origination - 05
Akira ponytail GET, young Akira tomboy casual look GET!

Still continue to build up the graduation to became prima, I like the focus to Aika's inferiority that shared with Akira.. this season rock.

Aria the Origination - 06

Alicia is scary lol, another ace episode.. they should switch up the senpai with the junior more often.

Btw its seem I missed up ep 5.5, sheit.

Try to find the Origination picture dramas if you can. Also watch 5.5!

JoeFu

Banned
Koufuku Graffiti or w/e based SHAFT

Staff/Cast reminders:

Staff:
Chief Director: Akiyuki Shinbo
Series composition:Mari Okada
Character designs: Kazuya Shiotsuki
Studio: SHAFT

(Using the second image as reference)

Cast:
Ryou Machiko - Rina Sato (middle)
Kirin Morino - Asuka Ougame (left)
Shiina - Mikako Komatsu (right)

1408098272276tfso0.jpg

14080983222533hsgf.jpg

Forgot we were getting more SHAFT awww yeah. Will watch for the SHAFT and head tilts

Rail Wars - 07

Sigh.

Glasslip - 07

Sigh.

Why am I watching these shows? Who greenlit these offensive pieces of anime? Worst of all, I'll probably watch them to completion.

StayDead

I actually want to watch Rail Wars but I don't really have the time at the minute and the backlog of shows I want to watch is huge ;;

Kiniro Mosaic, Mikakunin de Shinkoukei, finish Love Live 2, GuP OVA, Date a Live1/2 and many more I can't even think of ;;

Because you suffer a disease for watching things you aren't enjoying.

r62GJox.jpg

Have you ever considered that you might not be the target audience.

The disease is real. Every season there is two or three shows I can't stand but am forced to watch. I know I'm not the target audience but they latch on to my mind. The worst offender has to be High School DxD.... I have no idea why I watch it but I do. I regret every moment of it. Its like eating mcdonalds.

( It does help me appreciate good stuff though.)

Quasar

The disease is real. Every season there is two or three shows I can't stand but am forced to watch. I know I'm not the target audience but they latch on to my mind. The worst offender has to be High School DxD.... I have no idea why I watch it but I do. I regret every moment of it. Its like eating mcdonalds.

See that I feel is better than it has any right to, especially the light novels that I can't stop reading. Plus Akeno.

See that I feel is better than it has any right to, especially the light novels that I can't stop reading. Plus Akeno.

I've only heard good about the LN's. Are they really that much better then the anime? Might pick them up for a good read. Tend to like Manga/Ln more then their anime counterparts.

Shergal

Ojamajo Doremi ♯ 37
Hey, the ones who had to win the race were the fairies. Also how can Atarimeko-chan use magic if she's neither a witch nor an apprentice? Inconsistencies!

I told myself I would only watch stuff I like but now I'm barely watching anything.

:(

I wish I could go back to those days where I hadn't seen every trope 100 times and grown sick and tired of their complete lack of innovation.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Best girl right in front.

I'll fight the good fight with you.

They're typically always the best girls.

Not just best girl in front but the OTP as the focal point. Truly a great piece of art.

Been finishing more shows from last season cause I'm a slacker. Chaika's last arc was fantastic, such an amazing show. Easily the best thing BONES has done in years. On the opposite end Brynhildr might be one of the worst shows I've watched in years. Yeesh.

I actually want to watch Rail Wars but I don't really have the time at the minute and the backlog of shows I want to watch is huge ;;

Kiniro Mosaic, Mikakunin de Shinkoukei, finish Love Live 2, GuP OVA, Date a Live1/2 and many more I can't even think of ;;

You should move that to the top of the list. :)

Ojamajo Doremi ♯ 37
Hey, the ones who had to win the race were the fairies. Also how can Atarimeko-chan use magic if she's neither a witch nor an apprentice? Inconsistencies!

raised by witches.

BTW, there's a movie for this season, watch that movie once you finish episode 39 because it is both canon, and ties into episode 40, and it really enhances that episode as well.

Shergal

raised by witches.

BTW, there's a movie for this season, watch that movie once you finish episode 39 because it is both canon, and ties into episode 40, and it really enhances that episode as well.

I've seen the movie already. I'm guessing the connection with 40 has to do with the ending scene? I can deal, no problem.

2 things.
1) no idea why you're forced to watch things you don't like
DOES NOT COMPUTE

2) You don't like highschool dxd , it's a shame ( since i like it ) but i understand.
However.... just WATCH SHOWS you enjoy !
Dropping shows you don't like is not an option it's mandatory !!

Richard Eisenbeis strikes again!
He's pretending like he can't recommend it to anyone but it has dragons and it's a guilty pleasure. Why even give it a review then that show stopped being about dragons way before the ending the fact you kept watching, and your previous tastes in anime, means you enjoy the nudity and fan service don't try to pretend like you're above it.

He's pretending like he can't recommend it to anyone but it has dragons and it's a guilty pleasure. Why even give it a review then that show stopped being about dragons way before the ending the fact you kept watching, and your previous tastes in anime, means you enjoy the nudity and fan service don't try to pretend like you're above it.

That's why I don't even bother with this guys posts.

And it always reminds me of his Dragon's Crown comments...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom