• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No wonder I was confused as to what happened to the mother after the doves killed her.

Thanks for the clarification!

If the anime for Tokyo Ghoul isn't doing it for you. Read the manga from the very beginning trust me. As it stands now the anime is good as a standalone but compared to the manga it's not that good.

zulux21

No wonder I was confused as to what happened to the mother after the doves killed her.

Thanks for the clarification!

the whole thing is playing out quite a bit different from the manga in general. with a number of changes making characters seem dumber than they are portrayed in the manga :/

in the manga:
the father is already dead, the mother greving decides to leave a mask at his grave which the doves track down and then link to her, and then they go to find her cornering her and her daughter.

in the anime:
we see the father get killed, see the detectives randomly searching people and then see the daughter smell the father, absentmindedly run off despite her mom freaking out and not stopping to her mother despite the fact that she has been raised to be careful and get into the situation. thus the daughter comes off way stupider in this version and the doves come off less like detectives that are intelligent and just randomly going around looking for things.

but yeah as for what you should have seen in that scene.

the dove asks for any last words.
the mother starts to say hinami live on smiling as she starts to say live, but before she can finish the word live the dove says woops and then cuts her head off.

as I mentioned in my earlier post about the ep, they also skipped over an important scene (to be fair I can't be sure it's important as I haven't read far enough in the manga to see it come up but still it felt important) but that I won't go into detail since there is a small chance it will be in the next episode... though it seems unlikely because they seem hellbent to finish the arc as fast as possible.

Link Man

Banned
School Days 1

1 minute in ad we have jiggling breasts and an upskirt shot.

Wow, they're kind of wasting that notebook by using a different page for each message.

Why are they talking over each other, quite annoying with subs.

Oh hey Akio, how are you enjoying Sanae's bread?

iblXGTFON7BlM7.gif

I'd love to go to a gas station called Nobil, as long as they honor their name.

Wait, did he just take some punches while shadow boxing?

Well, this seems pretty normal so far. Sure, the comedy is a little grating, and it's a bit boring, but I don't see anything to get upset about yet.

wat.
Give him a serious kiss, then wish him luck on his date.
Pure evil.

So is that final scene implying that this is going to be a harem? Don't really like the sentiment, but I have to admit that it was a clever scene.

Link Man

Banned
School Days 2

Ok, that was the worst date ever.

Yikes, this OP is not Duckroll-approved.

Changing his underwear is reserved for special occasions?

So this is straight-up ecchi. Glad they didn't beat around the bush regarding this fact.

Oh my god,
trying to be romantic during a sex scene
. This is great stuff.

Stationary stores must love her. How many notebooks does she go through in a week?

Scratch that, this is the worst relationship ever.

"Ever since the end of Elementary School, I've always had the largest breasts in my class."

"Ever since the end of Elementary School,

I've always had the largest breasts in my class."

Elementary School, largest breasts

why

"Makoto's always thinking with his other head"

why

And now she's...with her...

WHY?

Saionji is a terrible person.

Angelic Layer Ep. 18

Athena is overpowered as fuck.
I totally thought she has going to go Bane on that angel. Though I think the move she used effectively does the same thing, which means Athena broke that angel's spine. o_O Can't wait to see her nerfed for the inevitable duel against Hikaru. /sarc

Shergal

Ojamajo Doremi ♯ 31
ibc0corvMlFKVp.jpg

Amusing riff on the ED. I really like the ED for this season. OPs are close but the first season's definitely felt more iconic.

Plot is happening at an increasingly quicker rate, feels like another mid-season climax could be in order.

duckroll

I didn't abandon it. It's like saying I would rather see Michael Bay direct something like Bad Boys 3 or a new R-rated action movie, rather than Transformers 5, even though I like Transformers!

Damn, I really threw CE under the bus there!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
They are more current than Anime World Order (when they even do a podcast). But really for the most part they are an interview show, so I guess its understandable.
AWO watches stuff, they just don't choose to talk about it on podcasts.

Chihayafuru S2 - 02

Not quite done yet with this episode but holy fuck, how in the world am I supposed to give a fuck about this girl Sumire. Oh she's looking for a cool boyfriend! Now that's what I call an interesting, rarely seen angle. I mean she and this other new guy will have their character progression but I don't want to go through this shit again; not halfway through the series anyways. And supposedly they need 5 new members...

Maybe I actually need to skip some sections this time around.

Thoraxes

Purseowner 4 The Au - 06

Holy fuck.

That was actually a great episode. And probably the only good one there will ever be in this series. God damn.
Just everything with Adachi was so well done. More of this tone please.

Autumn

Watching

Parasyte
Fate/Stay Nigh
Mushishi S2 second part
Log Horizon S2
Ronia the robber's daughter

Maybe
Shigatsu wa kimi no uso
Orenchi no furo jijou
Shingeki no Bahamut
Ookami Shoujo to kuro ouji
Grisaia no Kajitsu ?: I'm confused, it reads like the typical harem romance but it says "drama, psychological".

Angelic Layer Ep. 19

Well, at least it took this long for the writing to dip enough to make me laugh. Angst over being tall and really forced angst at that. I don't know why they even bother wasting screentime trying to flesh out throwaway opponents in episodes like this. It always ends poorly.

jgminto

I didn't abandon it. It's like saying I would rather see Michael Bay direct something like Bad Boys 3 or a new R-rated action movie, rather than Transformers 5, even though I like Transformers!

Damn, I really threw CE under the bus there!

I hate Transformers but I'd still watch it over more Cap'n Earth.

Shergal

Ojamajo Doremi ♯ 34
Weird episode, that quarrel felt a bit forced. I mean, the actual issues beneath regarding Onpu and her place in the group do get addressed later in the episode, but it could've been done more organically and meditatively.

wonzo

Banned
tokyo 9/11 6

this felt like a downer of sorts after the last episode but i feel like the payoff next week will be more than worth it with everyone coming together on the same spot

shit gon get real as a muthafukka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom