• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Dog Days? Baaaaaaaaaarf.
I didn't know
i9fxkVfJ94bzu.jpg

was in that show.

Ah fuck, just realized Parasyte is going to be censored as fuck. Can't image them showing something as gory as this on tv.

Gonna be black screens everywhere :(

Since it's airing on NTV, it may not be as censored as if it was airing on, say, Tokyo MX.

Why did they give the main character glasses? Weird addition.

Just read the first chapter of the manga and I think he looks better with glasses. Makes him look nerdier and more of a physical weakling.

Droplet

Check the BD version since it's the Director's Cut version

You know I never understood how they didn't seem to have time to include the actual ending in the show, but they apparently were able to spend half an episode entirely on Hajime praise while advancing nothing in the plot.

Why did they give the main character glasses? Weird addition.

As a man who wears glasses, we need more characters who wear glasses and aren't the sexy cocky smart guy. Log Horizon already helps, so many glasses yo. I feel the love.

Guy from KnK almost ruined glasses for me, I was considering contacts after that.

THIS SOUNDS AMAZING
You have to remember that it's anime, and it seems like an anime original with not much hype behind it (correct me if wrong). It'll probably have a crazy first couple of episodes then completely jump the shark.

Mature

That's pretty odd considering how much fewer in number we are. Duckroll with that 1K pledge.
Even with fewer number active participants, perhaps just being NeoGAF gets links out to a lot of eyes anyway? That or AnimeGAF are the 1% of anime fans.

Locodol 7
Everybody watching TV, Uogoroku kun getting popularity and another teamate acquired. The fruits of Yukari and Nanyako's work are finally showing.

Gazoinks

Get a job you bums.

Look, I'll have you know that entering people's ears and turning them into cannibalistic hellbeasts is part of my culture and I'll thank you not to demean it like that. Why should I have to get one of your so-called "jobs" when tradition dictates I eat your brain and turn you into a flesh-puppet? That's oppression! I won't let you suppress my cultural identity like that!

Since you've read the manga. Is Parasyte a lot more gory than Terra Formars or is it about the same.

I would say in most situations they're about the same, but there are a few scenes that push Parasyte above Terra Formars on the gore scale IMO, the image I linked being one of them.

I'm more likely to forgive the censorship in Terra Formars seeing as the main draw for me is the battle choreography and characters just being badasses.

Since it's airing on NTV, it may not be as censored as if it was airing on, say, Tokyo MX.

You're right, but even then I'm skeptical on how much they can get away with. Does NTV air stuff with entrails and whatnot strewn all about?

Just read the first chapter of the manga and I think he looks better with glasses. Makes him look nerdier and more of a physical weakling.

I agree, he does look better. Just thought it was an odd change.

Mizushima is doing a series about anime production?! Nanase Ohkawa better be writing it.
http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/2014/08/cast-and-staff-revealed-for-shiro-bako-anime/ said:
Original Character design will be done by Ponkan8 with Animation Character Design assigned to Kanami Sekiguchi, Sekiguchi has worked on various projects including Fullmetal Alchemist and Ghost in the Shell. Series Compositor for No-Rin, Michiko Yokote, will be Shiro Bakos Series Supervisor and director Mizushima will also be in charge of Sound Direction.
God damn it. So much potential wasted.

Link Man

Banned
Are you going to watch the OVA's?

And I love that gif. LOL!!!!

Great story. It's wonderful to hear that this show affected someone's life in a positive way. (I think I have heard this story before but it makes me happy to know what a positive and profound affect it has had on my and other peoples lives)

Maybe later. Now that I'm free to watch a show of my own choosing, I think I'd like to check out School Days.

I think last time I asked what the fascination with Japanese and upskirts/pantsu is somebody responded that the underwear is western and came into Japan relatively much later, so they're obsessed with it now.

Isn't it time the industry grew up from its fascination though? I hope somebody doesn't say it's part of culture now. Because if so ugh.

cajunator

Banned
IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH LIKING TWIN TAILS

Hell no there isnt!

More Parasyte cast revealed:

Kimishima Kana: Sawashiro Miyuki
Tachikawa Yuko: Anno Kisei Ayano
Suzuki Akiho: Maeda Reina
Tamiya Ryoko: Atsuko Tanaka (Oh hell yes, best girl voiced by best seiyuu)
Urakami: Hiroyuki Yoshino

More Miyukichi!

Love Lab 1

hmmm does this image sum up my thoughts?

I suppose it doesn't... but at the same time I didn't find the first episode funny.... that being said I at least don't mind Riko, and I liked that her hairband kept changing... maki on the other hand I am unsure if she will grown on me or if I will end up wishing she went through with it

either way I found her in general annoying... but with less time focused on her and more characters to play off of (since it seems like the student console is going to get back together) she could end up being ok.

The glimpse of the shy first year we got wasn't very positive for me, but on the other side the glimpse of the treasurer we got has me having some hopes for that character.

My final thoughts though, at least through a single episode, Nozaki-kun is way more amusing. But love lab was alright and at the very least you wouldn't have to twist my arm to make me watch episode 2.

Pretty soon the ex school council president shows up and the show really gets fun.

Aren't used pantsu vending machines an actual thing over there?

I've heard of that as well. But only in red light districts and such.

I've heard those used to be a thing until recently, but always seemed like more of a stereotype/rumor thing for me never bothered to research it. But if they're still a thing I hope all of them are actually worn by sweaty fat guys before placing them for sale.

fertygo

You're right, but even then I'm skeptical on how much they can get away with. Does NTV air stuff with entrails and whatnot strewn all about?

I agree, he does look better. Just thought it was an odd change.

NTV are station that airing Hunter X Hunter. You can probably gouge the censorship level from that.

This isn't a CLAMP series, so I don't know why you think she'd be involved.
Because it would have led to the misanthropic, postmodern series the industry deserves. :(

Looking at Michiko Yokote's resume, she has actually worked with Nanase Ohkawa before. *hope rises sightly*

Edit: Mizushima is certainly capable of going into such territory by himself it just wouldn't be the same.

I've heard those used to be a thing until recently, but always seemed like more of a stereotype/rumor thing for me never bothered to research it. But if they're still a thing I hope all of them are actually worn by sweaty fat guys before placing them for sale.

I found a gashapon one in Nakano Broadway and posted a picture of it here in AnimeGAF back in April.

The stuff in Tokyo Ghoul isn't even that bad.

I mean in episode 7
the mom got her head chopped off
and they censored that. But the thing is they haven't reached to the real gory parts yet. And they are definitely gonna censor the shit out of that if they do reach those parts.

zulux21

I mean in episode 7
the mom got her head chopped off
and they censored that. But the thing is they haven't reached to the real gory parts yet. And they are definitely gonna censor the shit out of that.

they didn't censor it they outright removed it and removed any horror from the scene lol

they didn't censor it they outright removed it and removed any horror from the scene lol

They are probably gonna fix that in the BD but damn was that really stupid of them. The censorship really does ruin the adaption in making you feel nothing for those scenes. All those feelings of horror from the manga is lost in the anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom