• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brighter than the Dawning Blue - 3

m0f8yx3.png

This is the last anime I expected to hear those two words together.

Still pretty cute and funny. I liked what they did with Tatsuya not answering Feena's question after she asked him whether he was treating her nicely just because she was a princess. I was expecting him to be all confrontational and say things like "I like you for who you are as a person!" only three episodes in.

Mr.Jeff

Dog Days - 02-07
Cinque is more conniving than Narag. Within days of being in the country, he's already ingratiated himself well enough that he's allowed to go gallivanting around with the ruler of the country and touch her up. Truly the power of Miyano.

(Top place is a dead heat between Yukikaze and Leo)

Thoraxes

But it has Elena Peoples in it Corvy. I loved Elena.
Thoraxes understands my conflict.

Yep.

I look forward to reading the impressions. Shinbo and Okada, what could go wrong?

I don't think it's possible to make cute girls eating food despair.

Especially after looking up the faces they make when they eat food.

Yet again, anime constantly surprises me, so who knows.

Not just best girl in front but the OTP as the focal point. Truly a great piece of art.
Impeccable taste.

mankoto

79835.jpg

Looks like he made a few more tweets since the initial one. Someone needs to get him a dictionary because those are some big words he's using.

His statements shouldn't really be taken to heart. Either the guy needs help, or he just wants to mess with people. Either way, it's worth keeping your distance.

It's likely both. IIRC, he's severely bipolar and has a few other issues. Don't quote me on that though since I could be thinking of someone else.

Phatmac

God lord was that a great episode and good stand. Kakyoin proves that he's probably the smartest from the group with his plan. I just love the world and concept of stands a week style show with the continued hilarity that jojo does so well. I'm sad the show will go on hiatus but it'll be fine if it continues to be great. Also can't eat now thanks to it, yuck....

Frog-fu

Banned
I challenge you all to find a worse dub voice actor that this amateur, Darrel Guilbeau.
7657.jpg

I've never heard a worse dubbing of a character than what he did for Gainer Sanga.
73419.jpg

I'm not a sub purist. Sometimes I just prefer dubs. But man, this guy, Guilbeau, is just legitimately awful. Just so terrible I can't comprehend why they kept him onboard.

Not since Johnny Yong Bosch as Renton Thurston have I found a voice actor so damn grating. The only reason I put him with the dubs for both Eureka 7 and Overman King Gainer is because the rest of the cast were excellent.

Necrovex

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 53

The long war is finally over.
Yang was so bloody close to victory. A few minutes more, and Reinhard would have died! Oh well, that's why we love Yang. His way of life is quirky. Reinhard will probably suffer for a bit due to being *given* a victory rather than achieving it.

cajunator

Banned
Yep.

Impeccable taste.

I need to see pics of this (if its NSFW just Pm me)

God I love KyoAni's style.

I love it too but honestly, its wearing thin. K-On played it out heavily and I just want Kyo-Ani to move on from that style.

It's an adaptation, so maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up. Then again, the manga is a 4koma which gives them more freedom.

Looks like he made a few more tweets since the initial one. Someone needs to get him a dictionary because those are some big words he's using.

To be fair, there are some things that some anime fans promote/defend that are pretty skin crawling. even worse if you include the content of a lot of hentai shows out there.

StayDead

Dog Days - 02-07
Cinque is more conniving than Narag. Within days of being in the country, he's already ingratiated himself well enough that he's allowed to go gallivanting around with the ruler of the country and touch her up. Truly the power of Miyano.

(Top place is a dead heat between Yukikaze and Leo)

Jeff I can't help but feel either your tastes have changed since I watched it when it came out on GR or you hid what you liked more there because I'm fairly certain I tried to suggest it and you said it was bad :p

Noir, Eclair, Milli and Rebecca supremacy <3

mankoto

So he begins by insulting anime fans, but then backtracks a ton to 'clarify' his meaning. God, I don't like people treating him like shit, but when he does idiotic actions like this, it's hard to defend him.
Considering his last few tweets he certainly has a heart. But it's just when you see what he's known for social media wise, it's just hard to be neutral regarding him.

To be fair, there are some things that some anime fans promote/defend that are pretty skin crawling. even worse if you include the content of a lot of hentai shows out there.
That's true. The whole "it's okay because it isn't real," can really mess up someone's moral compass if they aren't careful. I've met too many people like that.

Link Man

Banned
School Days 3

...that's a waitress outfit?

What exactly is this teacher teaching them?

This show really likes to zoom in on girls staring at others. Is this supposed to be parody?

Was that a Super Mario 64 sound effect in the flashback?

Wow, the little sister is really riding his butt.

You little shit.

Superflat

Considering his last few tweets he certainly has a heart. But it's just when you see what he's known for social media wise, it's just hard to be neutral regarding him.

Heh. I just can't take anything he says on twitter seriously. He constantly jumps between sitting atop an ivory tower being condescending as fuck, and being hopelessly depressed with almost no in-between. Add in some pettiness and lack of tact and I just don't follow that guy at all.

Made a stellar game tho.

79835.jpg

For me he was always an idiot ..and every times he tweets i'm more convinced that he is an idiot.

He is an idiot that made one "ok" game... but damn what an idiot.

Rail Wars! 07

Bro, bro. Are you just realizing you are a harem protagonist? Come'on man! All praise to Aoi though she is perfect, Koumi confirmed for terrible person.

mankoto

School Days

Is this supposed to be parody?
Tell yourself it's a deconstruction on the harem genre and it'll go down easier.

Heh. I just can't take anything he says on twitter seriously. He constantly jumps between sitting atop an ivory tower being condescending as fuck, and being hopelessly depressed with almost no in-between. Add in some pettiness and lack of tact and I just don't follow that guy at all.

Made a stellar game tho.
Maybe he does it to gain attention. If so, that's pretty sad. I really can't get myself to buy Fez because he can't keep his mouth shut.

Such as what?
Probably referring to the whole incest and pedophilia thing.

Taruranto

It's Daxel (the pachinko game maker) advertising their pachinko game. They're likely the ones who control the copyright and any additional advertising (including any possible animation adaptation). Shaft was likely just contracted to do the animation like most pachinko games.

In other news, Amagi Brilliant Park's PV from the TBS and Kadokawa booths at Comiket was uploaded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puhgIUber9s

(Remember, it's not Bonta-kun, but Moffuru!)

I'm hoping Ishida re-unites with Takemoto for this as the color design for Hyouka was amazing and this seems to be close. Might be Miyata though (Kyoukai color design). Otherwise standard PV with cuts from episode 1 (and maybe 2/3) (finished for the TBS Anime Festa earlier this month).

Looks like another LN garbage that people will hype for no reason and will "disappoint" everyone around episode 4 or so.

Also didn't know Gatou Shouji was 45, bloody hell.

cute girls making anime.

i think we've reached the bottom of the rabbit hole, folks.

Cute girls can drive tanks, compared to it I'm pretty sure making anime is totally normal.

Rail Wars 7
So additional training program. Let's see how stupid it gets.
* watches episode
Not as bad as the past three episodes, but it's not better than the rest of the show. It looks like the show is actually acknowledging he has a harem. Had me laugh for a few moments there.
And the ending scene has made a ridiculous setup again with the terrible MC somehow going on 3 different dates without really asking to go on dates.

Mr.Jeff

Jeff I can't help but feel either your tastes have changed since I watched it when it came out on GR or you hid what you liked more there because I'm fairly certain I tried to suggest it and you said it was bad :p

Noir, Eclair, Milli and Rebecca supremacy <3
I said it looked bad and still think the same. It's a pretty vapid empty show. However, it's still enjoyable despite that. It just won't ever rank highly on any list I would make.

I think I'll probably end up enjoying this more than idolm@ster though. Xenoglossia has forever tainted the franchise for me and I really dislike idol based stuff.

Besides, if it gets somebody else watch a good show, I'll gladly sit though terrible shows. Like watching Infinite Stratos in exchange for Hyouka. I'll still bitch about them afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom