• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sailor Moon 27

i5M7mZs.jpg

The fun of knowing the future.

That's some picture Usagi got of Ami. Also funny how Sailor Moon does her speech and then Sailor Mercury is... also there. Tuxedo Mask shows up too and does nothing at all. First episode with the changed OP and new ED.

BluWacky

Is there supposed to be anything on the Yurikuma website other than the hexagon with "8.25" above it i.e. today's date (if you're in Japan)?

Oh, even that's vanished from my screen now too.

Slammed website is slammed, I assume.

EDIT - oh, it's updated. Next update is three weeks' time -_-

I think ShindoL did that once.

lol.
I'm sure with these recent developments the orange Kataphrakt will be ditched for the titluar mech/Godly prototype soon enough.

Yeah I can smell it coming. I honestly figured they would retrofit the trainer last episode given what they found... but that would have made sense and this is a mech anime with a teenage main character so n.o.p.e.

Still... better than Captain Earth... 20 episodes in and I still don't know what the fuck is going on because for w/e reason they choose to not explain the damn plot to the viewer lol. Either that show is going to be 500 episodes at this rate or they just have no fucks to give at this point.

BluWacky

I am a bit disappointed with the Yuri Kuma Arashi announcement. Not just because it's Silver Link, but because it doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know except the studio and the character design adapter.

I was hoping we'd get the PV from the Ikuni art gallery exhibition at least :( I could just re-read the first chapter of the manga and know more than this announcement :(

Ah well, time to enjoy the inexorable slow teasing over the next few months...

Midonin

Sabagebu 08

So Momoka has some sort of goodness within her. Somewhere. I'm still not that fond of her, but it's an improvement. And Maya gets to be the heroine for once. Not bad.

http://yurikuma.jp/

TsaDGWc.png

Yuri Kuma Arashi

Director: Kunihiko Ikuhara
Character Concept: Akiko Morishima
Character Design: Etsuko Sumimoto
Animation Production: Silver Link

:(
Welp, time to start pretending Ikuhara vanished from the industry years ago.

Edit: Maybe I don't have a right to make that joke, since I'm not one of his fans (yet). (I'll watch Utena one of these days, probably before firehawk.)

duckroll

Silver Link, huh. I guess Ikuhara doing that Kokoro Connect ED led to something there.

Yeah that could have been an early indication that he was doing stuff at that studio already. What I wonder about though, is what the heck happened at Brains Base. Omori and Ikuhara not continuing to work at the studio seems to indicate something happened at one point.

Midonin

Akame ga Kill 08

I don't have a lot to say. I knew this series would have a high death count, and it only took two more episodes from the last one to kill off another major character. Tatsumi looks to be en route to having multiple Imperial Arms to master, and I'm interested in the girl calling herself Kurome who appeared at the end. So this is how things are going to be from here on out. Even so, it's still less bleak than M3.

Finished Oreimo (S1 and S2, + OVAs), didn't like the ending. Will post my thoughts later, but right now I'll talk about this one.

Bakemonogatari episode 2

I was writing this post while I was watching, and if I had posted it just a little bit earlier I would've messed it up, badly. Nice episode, and it seems that Senjougahara will get at least bearable for the time being. It was nice understanding her (
sad
) background story, and I feel sorry for her. Luckily for me I kept watching, since it seems that it will get better now.

Kinda unrealated, but I'm stuck with that dumb "Meru meru meru meru meru meru me" chorus in my head for some time now, can't get rid of it. It is driving me insane.

Sailor Moon Crystal 04

So
Jadeite isn't dead after all.

And this episode is basically the same as episode 22 of the classic show. Some differences though, like Sailor Moon getting a new tiara and Luna interrupting the kiss. Makoto will join the cast next time then.

phaze

Texhnolyze 07-08

Another wordless episode from Ichise lol. Is he going to wander around and try to punch people for the entirety of the show ?

Yoshi is wrecking havoc like the master troll he is but with how close to the chest the show keep its secrets, it's impossible to even speculate on what his endgame is.

Jiraiya reborn as some Organo bonzo. I could recognize that voice anywhere.

Invaders 7
The princess arc felt rather short. Her villain was easily dealt with. it does introduce a somewhat interesting foreshadowing in that
he is going to time travel to influence each of the girls

mankoto

HeartCatch Precure 19+20
It's nice to see the Heartseed in action for battle again. Although I guess if you use it for too long, you'll burn yourself out.

OH SNAP SON, A NEW FAIRY HAS BEEN BORN. A NEW PARTY MEMBER WILL COME SOON. GET HYPE
If it's not Itsuki I will be extremely disappointed.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Barakamon Episode 8:

This episode seemed to be more episodic then usual, a bunch of vignettes rather then, a fully connected episode. Still, the series is also its usual sweet and relaxing self. I suppose that is one of the big problems about talking about slice of life, in that there is not much to talk about. The comedy bits also hit their mark, though I do admit I never did understand the fascination with beetle collecting.

Bakemonogatari Episode 3

Fun episode, I loved their faces sometimes when they did close-ups, especially when they were chibi-like (I guess that's the term?). It appears that Senjougahara is getting better as a character after that incident, so I hope it continues like this. One of the things that she said to Araragi when she was telling him of what he could choose almost melted me (the apron thing), but I stayed strong, it is too soon to say that I might like her. The girl that appeared in the end led to some funny scenes, especially the
fight

Almost forgot: that opening, what the fuck?

Ojamajo Doremi Na-i-sho 1

Holy fuck this was so good. It's on the level of the two movies for production quality and it's also, like, filled to the brim with neat visual ideas. Not just the extremely improved funny faces, Igarashi topped himself here. I love the approach, just a laid-back summer vacation vignette full of antics with a touch of character development. Dialogue felt like a step up from the usual too, Doremi was great in this episode.

The ED is amazing stuff, instant favourite.

The production values of Na-i-sho are amazing stuff, I remember my first reaction being a remake of the series with the production values of Na-i-sho. The end is really amazing, I changed my avatar to this back then...
And in the Umakoshi artbook there's a drawing of Hana-chan in this ending version.

Ojamajo Doremi Na-i-sho 4

I'm speechless.

th_worship2.gif
Yamauchi
th_worship2.gif

This is the episode made for firehawk!
Four is awesome and Onpu-chan still gets more time to shine on episode 8.

Ojamajo Doremi Na-i-sho 5

Doremi really is a good sister. She has changed a lot since the first series.

I just noticed Na-i-sho puts the episode previews after the ED, instead of before. I was feeling something off, but this is actually better for ending an episode I think.

Ojamajo Doremi Na-i-sho 6
Another superb showing from Yamauchi, he really stepped up for this OVA. Well, so far this entire OVA feels like it stepped up, which is a ridiculous feat considering the quality of the normal Doremi seasons.

Young Baaya was moe as fuck tho

Baaya moe~

Ojamajo Doremi Na-i-sho 7-11
Continues to be excellent. 7&8 were like above average 'regular' Doremi episodes, and then the past three were stellar. Especially 9, which probably has to be given the award for most sakuga episode in the entire franchise bar the movies.

Na-i-sho really feels like delivery time though, with all these potential top5-tier episodes packed so tightly. 2 more!

Best baseball episode ever. lol

Ojamajo Doremi Na-i-sho 12
;_;

This is the kind of episode I would never expect out of a show like this, and it's also the kind of material that can easily be handled incorrectly. Not in Doremi, though. Sato pulled it off beautifully and it's one of the best single episodes of anime I've ever seen.

This episode is so good. ;______;
That Kitto ashita wa in the ending credits.

I doubt Dokka~n has anything to top it. Although it feels wrong directly comparing episodes like this one (and most of Na-i-sho) which are really self-contained to stuff like Sharp 40 which pays off on entire seasons of carefully building the characters. Both kinds are greatly done and worth experiencing, of course.

Hmm, considering the fact that Na-i-sho was made after Dokka~n I would imagine it was made to top it, but while not on the same note 24 is like 9, and episode 40(again!), 41, 49 and the END are really, really good.

Sounds like a concise summary of Doremi as a whole! Speaking of delivering...

Ojamajo Doremi Na-i-sho 13 END

Yamauchi had his landmark ep in 4, Sato had 12, of course Igarashi himself wouldn't be left out. Well, he had 9 but that was a different kind of episode.

It's amusing that both 12 and 13 boil down to the same set-up of Doremi -and only Doremi- meeting and interacting with a new character, and how different they turned out from there. It speaks to the strength of the series -and this OVA in particular- that both are fucking amazing. Na-i-sho was fucking amazing, best animu I've seen in a good long while. I don't know how I'll go back to regular Doremi now, as good as that is :p

Would you watch an
Ojamajo Fami
anime then? :p
I feel like rewatching Na-i-sho now, it's been almost one year now and it's packed full of good stuff.
And a random link to anyone else exposed to Mo~tto! Ojamajo Doremi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTcitnp2RPE&feature=youtu.be

Aaaand recently when was going to college my random playlist started one of the drama cds of Doremi, one about Aiko writing the class diary and it was awesome(again), it's fun to see how much Doremi has been integrated in my brain brain that just the sound effects and VAs are enough to send me into a laughing fit.

PK Gaming

Sabagebu! 8

iPkBNNOX3Z1la.gif

Pretty standard episode. I love how that lemon guy showed up again. He was a total bro this time around! Or...not? That ending was a little disappointing, since everything leading up to it was pretty funny. Maya finally got an episode dedicated to herself, which was nice, though her half of the episode was pretty unremarkable. I did get a chuckle of Miou just rolling into the club and saying "we're battling someone" and seeing Maya's true feelings towards Urara.

Momoka looked really cute in that outfit.

Akame ga kill - 08

And thus end this part of the story
I guess now everyone is aware that anyone can die , right ?

because now you know.

It's the same fate for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom