• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
My friend insisted on giving me a free 1 month of crunchyroll the other day. Any other shows I should be checking out?

I was already watching Tokyo Ghoul, Zankyou no Terror, Tokyo ESP, Rail Wars & Akame ga Kill! before this.

The other shows that I thought of maybe watching are Jinsei, Glasslip & Locodol. I just haven't got around to them yet.

Gekkan shoujo nozaki.

sonicmj1

My friend insisted on giving me a free 1 month of crunchyroll the other day. Any other shows I should be checking out?

I was already watching Tokyo Ghoul, Zankyou no Terror, Tokyo ESP, Rail Wars & Akame ga Kill! before this.

The other shows that I thought of maybe watching are Jinsei, Glasslip & Locodol. I just haven't got around to them yet.

In terms of currently airing stuff, Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun is a must. The other shows that I'm watching on Crunchyroll are Aldnoah Zero and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and I'd definitely recommend catching up on the latter if you have the chance.

Moaradin

Hunter x Hunter.

Hugstable

Banned

Check out Nozaki-kun! It's my favorite show of the season, such a great and funny cast of characters!

I would say Barakamon but that's on Funimation/Hulu. It's really the best show of the season too.

Kvik

Would you guys recommend watching Mahouka Ep. 3+ onwards? These rabu-rabu Oniisama are getting more and more excruciating.

Hunter x Hunter Episode 144

Man Parison is the ultimate troll, like he's really unpredictable. Yeah this election is really getting heated up and also seeing Leorio getting an applause was nice. Can't wait till Alluka's done her magic.

Madhouse has done a splendid job with this arc. I applaud them.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Those delayed episodes of Mushi-shi not only look super nice, but they also form one of the better stories that fit into the larger narrative of Mushi-shi. All of the characters here just fell perfectly into the tone of the series. The mushi themselves all animate with some spectacular life, and there's actually some of the best layered work between the characters and the background on this episode that melded both together really well. It got me super excited for the new season.

I got a thing!

ib26dfQvyDU0Xm.jpg

Man, I didn't remember this hit around this time. Unfortunately I have no money right now.

BUT I ALSO GOT THING

Ojamajo Doremi 28-33

How has this show stayed so consistently good? Most shows I watch that hit the 50 episode range always tend to have a point I feel like I could sleep through but not so with this series.

The only compliant I possibly have is that I wish there were more Pop episodes.

Unfortunately, magic doesn't grant every wish. That's the hard lesson Doremi tries to teach you.

Gosick
Fortune Arterial
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 1 & 2
The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya
Nyoron Churuya-san
Good Luck! Ninomiya-kun
Kiddy GiRL-AND
Lucky Star
Maburaho
Venus to Mamoru!
Seitokai No Ichizon - Student Councils Discretion
My Ordinary Life
Omamori Himari
Uraboku
The Mystic Archives of Dantalian
Otogi-Soushi (Manga 2.5)

Had some trouble loading CR. Anything worth watching?

Quasar

Depends on your tastes. There's things on that like that I enjoyed. I do have a liking for romantic comedies though.

Sad to see any titles expiring, esp if they are only on CR.

Sad that its the fansubbing community that we can rely on for continuity.

Midonin

Nichijou (My Ordinary Life) is one of KyoAni's best, and I'm personally a fan of Dantalian. Watched Gosick not too long ago and liked it.

Almost everything else on there I also enjoyed to some degree, but I've never been very discriminating.

Gosick
Fortune Arterial
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 1 & 2
The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya
Nyoron Churuya-san

Good Luck! Ninomiya-kun
Kiddy GiRL-AND
Lucky Star
Maburaho
Venus to Mamoru!
Seitokai No Ichizon - Student Councils Discretion
My Ordinary Life
Omamori Himari
Uraboku
The Mystic Archives of Dantalian
Otogi-Soushi (Manga 2.5)

Of the ones I bolded. Are definitely worth watching.

zulux21

Nichijou (My Ordinary Life) is one of KyoAni's best, and I'm personally a fan of Dantalian. Watched Gosick not too long ago and liked it.

Almost everything else on there I also enjoyed to some degree, but I've never been very discriminating.

did not realize my ordinary life was nichijou :p
I still need to sit down and give it another try since I have heard a lot of good... wasn't impressed when I checked out the first ep years ago though.

zulux21

Guess I'll start Haruhi S2 and try to finish it this week. Though I'm assuming that expiring has to do with Funi getting the license.

want a serious recommendation that is a very very slight spoiler
skip episodes 4,5,6,7 and 8... you can thank me later >.>;

I finished watching Eureka Seven and was curious if AO was worth checking out?

Also is there less crying? There was too much crying in that series.

zulux21

AO is about as good as the new Star Trek films.

man... now I have to go watch AO as the new star trek films are vastly superior to the original star trek tv series :/

I was planning on watching AO sometime anyways... well continuing it as I dropped it while it was a japanese release on the account of being boring through the first few eps lol.

Guess I'll give Seitokai No Ichizon another whirl then before Sunday.

I hope you find it more enjoyable than I did....
which shouldn't be hard as I consider it one of the worst shows on crunchyroll at this time lol.

Quasar

I hope you find it more enjoyable than I did....
which shouldn't be hard as I consider it one of the worst shows on crunchyroll at this time lol.

Well I liked it the first time.

But then I also liked Fortune Arterial, Maburaho, and Omamori Himari to some degree :)

Quasar

>.> I get those two confused all the time...
I think in the other one then I just disliked the cast lol.
doesn't help that they are both seitokai and came out less than a year apart lol.

Yeah. It is confusing.

They are both 'wacky' Student Councils mostly featuring girls. Only one is really lewd though. The other I just remember having lots of 4th wall breakage.

zulux21

http://i.imgur.com/vAMdeRR.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
I don't really enjoy the original star trek tv shows or movies, I quite enjoyed both new star trek movies though.
[quote="CorvoSol, post: 127242446"]You should also just light your head on fire and swallow rusty nails, both of which would hurt you less.[/QUOTE]

I've seen some pretty horrible stuff in my days... I can handle it :P

[quote="AquaWateria, post: 127242713"]Hmmm I legitimately really liked Seitokai Yakuindomo. That Engrish it had was amazing.[/QUOTE]

it's all good if you liked it, everyone is entitled to their own preferences... I mean I legitimately enjoy Sword Art Online :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom