• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irregular At Magic High 22

So what was the point of that final scene? She tries to kiss her brother, freaks out when he wakes up, he mistakes her obvious incest lust for worry and tells her he'll be alright, then we see her in her underwear wiggling in bed and blushing like crazy.

lLGKsTS.png

My incest meter broken from this series god damn

Quasar

I'm a frequent LN reader yet i haven't read blade dance but i feel something is "off" when watching the anime . Is the anime pacing too fast ? do they skip events ? It honnestly feel like a VERY bad adaptation.

Can you confirm ?

From folks I know, it does the thing where it drops more interesting stuff in favour of ecchi.

e_i

To Love Ru 1st season

Too many filler episodes. Stupid Lala.
You erase everybody's memories at the end, but your inventions don't work so you whole emotional scene at the end was for naught.

I wonder why Mikan is the most sexuallised imouto in the world?

Sekaiichi Hatsukoi: The Case of Yokozawa Takifume
BweuFkfIQAE4jVF.png
Bwe6Pc8IgAAm24V.png

Great movie and bonus valentine episode showing all our favorites from Sekaiichi Hatsukoi again. Pretty slow at times but it was highly engaging the whole time seeing Yokozawa get over his thing with Masamune and at least enjoy life somewhat with Kirishima. Yokozawa is pretty great and personally Kirishima > Masamune. He's just nicer and way calmer and I like his way of getting Yokozawa irritated and more. Fun forty minutes, and their opening kiss scene on the steps was great.

For the valentines episode for all the other main ones, enjoyed Yukina and Kisa's the most, the height difference is always pretty cute to see for couples in media and then just the rush to grab pull him down and quickly kiss was really sweet. We need more in the tv series.

I wish Yuu Yanase had some screentime. Funniest was Onodera's though
never thought he'd cook with the chocolate
How the whole clip went had me in tears laughing, lol.

Captain Erf 22

Whelp that episode had nothing happen

And next episode looks like a dream/recap budget save episode

Hopefully 24 and 25 are just 2 non stop episodes of pulse pounding 2D mecha goodness

Sabagebu! Episode 2

Man, I can't stop laughing. It is corny, it is sometimes over the top, but I really liked this anime so far. The MCs mother is just awesome, and the interaction between the girls is getting funnier with each episode.

The natto subplot made me laugh, hell, it even had a montage, how can I say no to that.

It is like everyone in the club is a troll, and I loved that.

The Jill cosplay.. loved seeing it again. And was that a Matrix reference in the end?

It's been a while since I posted on AnimeGAF it's probably because actually not enjoying most of the things that I'm actually watching! Not really, I'm just lazy to post. Well, not today!

So, what am I enjoying? JoJo 3, of course. Hunter X Hunter too. Both are my favorite long running shonen shows and manga, I can't hate them and the anime are actually good. I'm also enjoying Prisma Illya Zwei a lot and it's the kind of anime that I don't usually like. But I liked it on manga form and here I am watching the anime.

There's Persona 4 Golden which is OK. Not amazing but it does have some funny parts.

As for the other things... Beginning with Aldonoah.Zero: I just don't care about 90% of the characters and damn those martians are dumb. Why can't they just go to the ship and explode everyone on it? Besides that, Inaho sucks and Slaine = suffering. I'm only watching expecting to see some sort of amazing plot twist that I doubt that will happen.

Captain Earth greatly disappointed me, I was expecting something more like Star Driver, which is one of my favorite animes (judge me), but we barely see mechs fighting at all.

Finally, I started watching Majimoji Rurumo only because the manga was written by the same guy who did Yowamushi Pedal. I shouldn't have done that because almost nothing happens in this anime.

I usually tend to drop stuff that I don't like in the first~second episode but for reasons like concept, original author and others, I kept holding into these and now I don't want to drop them because I'm too far on them.

:(

Probably one of BONES's shows.
Their first, as far as I can tell, was Angelic Layer. I certainly hope there are better first attempts than that. :| Though it certainly looks better than Chobits which wasn't a first attempt from Madhouse. *laugh*

Edit: BONES' first television production was Karakuri Kiden Hiwou Senki, which I assume was traditionally animated for the whole run going off screenshots.

cajunator

Banned
Sabagebu! Episode 2

Man, I can't stop laughing. It is corny, it is sometimes over the top, but I really liked this anime so far. The MCs mother is just awesome, and the interaction between the girls is getting funnier with each episode.

The natto subplot made me laugh, hell, it even had a montage, how can I say no to that.

It is like everyone in the club is a troll, and I loved that.

The Jill cosplay.. loved seeing it again. And was that a Matrix reference in the end?

you might like Binbougami Ga

Their first, as far as I can tell, was Angelic Layer. I certainly hope there are better first attempts than that. :| Though it certainly looks better than Chobits which wasn't a first attempt from Madhouse. *laugh*

Edit: BONES' first television production was Karakuri Kiden Hiwou Senki, which I assume was traditionally animated for the whole run going off screenshots.

Angelic Layer looked very good for its time.

What is it about? I only read the MAL description, and it said something about a god trying to balance unhappiness and happiness.

it's about 2 girls . 1 is selfish and think only of herself because she has haxxor luck and the other is a god of poverty trying to get that abondance of luck to give them to others.
They clash , a lot , it's 200% comedy anime with plenty of references.

I honnestly think it's highly enjoyable.
Ps: God-tier ED song

Clov

My GF and I continued our Hidamari Sketch rewatch today, and found something pretty interesting about Sentai's BDs. After finishing the season one specials, I popped in the first disk of season 2. Watching the first episode, we found that for some reason, the subtitles were turned off by default. Strange mistake they made. That wasn't all though! I turned on the subtitles, only to find that they were white, instead of Sentai's normal ugly yellow ones. After the episode, I tried a different Sentai release to see if it was something with my player's settings; after trying out Flowers of Evil, I saw that it still had the usual yellow subtitles. I tried the first disk of Hidamari S2 again, and got the same result; off by default, white when turned on. Oddly enough, the second disk had them on by default, but with white once again.

I'm not sure if this is something that affects all copies, or if it's just a quirk of my BD player. Can anyone else who has the release confirm this for me? Regardless, it's a mistake I'm not too upset about.

it's about 2 girls . 1 is selfish and think only of herself because she has haxxor luck and the other is a god of poverty trying to get that abondance of luck to give them to others.
They clash , a lot , it's 200% comedy anime with plenty of references.

I honnestly think it's highly enjoyable.
Ps: God-tier ED song

Thanks, will put on my watch list, seems fun.

cajunator

Banned
I'm being a bit harsh on it, admittedly. It's probably one of the better first attempts and I don't think it's totally ugly, it even looked good at times.

I do think you were.
Angelic Layer was pretty simple but in no way was it bad. It was just a fun diversion and a cute feel good series.
Chobits is kinda ehh so you made some decent points about that one.
im pretty fond of Angelic Layer though so Im kind of defensive about it.

Thanks, will put on my watch list, seems fun.
Heres the OP.
the show is just as fun as it looks.
http://youtu.be/CfQjFgsrUVs

TUSR

Banned
I was simply curious on a Persona comic somebody posted in the P5 thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=128052173&postcount=2059

Wanted to see what the other protags were telling the new one. Looks like criticizing his looks, only to show the other two protagonists that symbolize the complaints of the other two protags.

if there is someone better at japanese here...

youre already red, 'of ??? and being used', whether the imagination is wrong?

P5 guy:eh
huh?

Yu: something
glasses
something

im sorry
help

sucker

Holy shit my kanji is bad, if no one properly translates this later ill give it a real shot.

Midonin

Cardcaptor Sakura 22

One of the themes of Doremi that's often touted around here is that magic can't solve everything (I swear I'll see the series some day), and there was a bit of that here. Sleep was more annoying than anything else, and acting in such a way that Sakura didn't really think it was a card at first, but there's no repair card for a computer. I don't think her impact would've broken the hard drive, only the monitor. Even in the 90s they had things put in place to prevent that. Also a really heartwarming family story. Sakura's got a good dad.

Sailor Moon 33-34

Fake Sailor Moon is one of those things I don't see brought up that often. She's not as impressive as Unlovely, but still an interesting one-off enemy. Playing the hero (Usagi doesn't do bank robbers. She's not Superman.) in order to draw out Minako. I like the way that PGSM revealed both Minako and Usagi and Mamoru's true identities to each other a little more, since it occurred earlier and was written a little smoother, but I still respect the classic anime for what it did. Minako didn't get a whole lot of screentime before the overplot dragged everyone else along, sadly.

Just watched episode 8 of Gurren Lagann.

Dammit.
Kamina was the best thing about this show.

The show only gets better from there.

Strike Witches - 3

So apparently the Neuroi things are occupying Europe.

...Okay? That kind of strikes to me as odd, seeing as we've only seen these things as emotionless black and red flying drones. How do these things occupy a continent? Do they possess intelligence? Are there smaller humanoid-esque units of these things? What or who is leading them?

Oh well, it's only the third episode, so I'm sure answers will come later.

if there is someone better at japanese here...

youre already red, 'of ??? and being used', whether the imagination is wrong?

P5 guy:eh
huh?

Yu: something
glasses
something

im sorry
help

sucker

Holy shit my kanji is bad, if no one properly translates this later ill give it a real shot.

RCfJPLT.gif

nah jk, appreciated man.

zulux21

One Piece 3D2Y

There were 99 problems with this special.

Best waifu, Boa Hancock (Maybe NSFW), was not one of them.

I consider her one of them too thought not a big one, while I didn't mind most of her scenes, her fight against the other female was beyond stupid and boring. (aka it reminded me of most Sanji fights against females which in general are low points for any given arc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom