• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck you and your pancakes! They will never taste the same again!

vCvXQb8.jpg

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Alright, so here's what I finished tonight.

Acchi Kocchi 12 END

Valentine's Day. This is it. Show don't fail me now.

THIS IS NOT THE ENDING I WANTED YOU FAILED ME ;_;

Anyways, this show was a pretty sweet little treat. Rock solid cast, adorable-ness to an unfathomable level, incredibly fluid animation and really high production values, and an absolutely gorgeous soundtrack. Being a cute little slice of life, there's not much of a plot, which is hard for me to watch, but this show is just so utterly cute and well made that it's still worth a watch. Is Acchi Kocchi a good show?

THANK YOU BASED CAJUN

Oh? You were expecting the end of my List Double Dose, right? OKAY FINE HERE WE GO

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 13 END

THE PANCAKES

PANCAKES ARE LOVE PANCAKES ARE LIFE

oh here's the explanation for this shit?

FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD

Did you know there's a world where I didn't watch yami? That's what I learned today

the ecchi is fucking out of control

PANCAKES PANCAKES PANCAKES

RENOWN THROUGHOUT THE UNIVERSE

wait we've been through this shit

THIS IS THE
FIRST FUCKING EPISODE AGAIN
ARE YOU KIDDING ME

THE MOMENT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR

DAS PFANNKUCHEN

So is it considered
defiling the garden if one girl magically impregnates the other? lol

I don't even know what to do with this show. It's such a mess with it's themes, tone, direction, and story. It's a huge pu pu platter of nonsense and trite wackiness.

It's like I've been given a series of random inputs and I have no idea what to do with them.

School Days 12 END

YOU'VE MADE YOUR BED NOW LIE IN IT

FUCK YOU KID FUCK YOU AND ALL YOUR SHIT

THE JAWS THEME IS PLAYING IN MY HEAD

IT'S ALL FALLING DOWN BABY

lolololololololololololololololololol

DO IT

FUCKING DO IT RIGHT NOW

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

OMG WHAT A GLORIOUS FUCKING ENDING HOLY FUCKING SHIT

That was a nice fucking boat.

This show went places few dare travel. It was glorious, hair pulling, teeth grinding, insanity inducing experience. A+ would loose my marbles again.

---

And thus ends my ride...for now. Thanks for playing along, you've been a good audience.

fertygo

Kill la Kill OVA

Sigh.. if just the whole show can be more like this.. man this actually really awesome, sharp writing that made something simple into some layer, and satisfying sakuga.. mother of god that last act, this what the show could have been,

I Feel like watching Gundam 00 S2's finale again, the finale that so fantastic that can almost made sense for the bad stuff lol

jman2050

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibto 13

Fuck this anime. Fuck the writer, the director, the animators, everyone involved. This is a fucking travesty and I think this may be the most offensive anime I have ever witnessed.

For the final episode almost 50% of it as reused footage from previous episodes. The much anticipated yuri kiss between the protagonists somehow impregnates the non witch character, we cry over our pancakes and it abruptly ends with no payoff. Most of these episodes put me to sleep now I'm just angry pondering how such a travesty was spawned from a human with a brain. Full series impressions later, I can't deal with his right now.

I told you there would be pancakes

You didn't listen.

Recently, My Sister Has Been Unusual 01

The other half of the watchbet with Mike for SAO... This is not a fair trade at all.

Main dude has a new step sister. Upon arriving at class, the guy behind him expresses his love of imoutos. Next we have class where the teacher talks about how all female members of the family used to be called imouto in ancient Japan and it was common place for sisters to marry brothers. I can see where this is going...

The rest of the episode is imouto fighting with a ghost girl over a chastity belt put on her after she collapsed walking home from school. Who put it on her? I have no idea. Ghost girl possesses imouto, cue lewd masturbation with black bars and hilarious heart locks to censor the action. The rest of the episode is spent in the bathroom fighting the urge to pee herself as the chastity belt will only come off for three minutes ever hour.

What the fuck am I watching and why am I doing this to myself?

Soma

So one person had to watch SAO and the other had to watch the weird Sister anime?

Man watch-bets have really gone downhill lately.

TUSR

Banned

The other half of the watchbet with Mike for SAO... This is not a fair trade at all.

Main dude has a new step sister. Upon arriving at class, the guy behind him expresses his love of imoutos. Next we have class where the teacher talks about how all female members of the family used to be called imouto in ancient Japan and it was common place for sisters to marry brothers. I can see where this is going...

The rest of the episode is imouto fighting with a ghost girl over a chastity belt put on her after she collapsed walking home from school. Who put it on her? I have no idea. Ghost girl posses imouto, queue lewd masturbation with black bars and hilarious heart locks to censor the action. The rest of the episode is spent in the bathroom fighting the urge to pee herself as the chastity belt will only come off for three minutes ever hour.

I gave that show a shot today and dropped it, its not worth it. Abort.

So one person had to watch SAO and the other had to watch the weird Sister anime?

Man watch-bets have really gone downhill lately.

This is only one half, I also had to watch Yami to Boushi. I hate life right now.

I gave that show a shot today and dropped it, its not worth it. Abort.

I am bound to finish this so says Mike. Just know that he is the most wretched human being on animegaf.
Not really, but why you do this to me?!?!

Space Dandy 23

You know I feel that if this had been any other show, it would have been just another episode of Dandy being a jackass the whole time. But it wasn't. And that's the beauty of Dandy, baby. Just when you think you've got him all figured out you are hit with character development, and god damn was it good. I was always curious when Scarlet was going to get her proper episode, especially after the episode where they meet up in the singles retreat.

The amount of chemistry they had was incredible, and the sweetness of
both of them having a shared passion and being utterly geeky about it
was actually damn adorable. I find myself sad with the ending, because as much as I love jokester Dandy I find myself loving serious Dandy even more at points.

God damn. That stung. Especially at the end
they were so close in meeting up and cementing a relationship, yet missed each other
. And now it seems like it's back to the status quo, but with
a bit of lingering feelings towards each other, which makes me hope that maybe they do end up together
. But knowing the format of the show this show as largely a comedy and free-roam experiment, it won't happen. Which again is a shame, but thems the deals with Dandy baby. A sweet and sour experience.

Next episode looks like
another romantic themed one
and a very sci-fi one at that, the preview made it seem like it might be another one to join the ranks of the best of dandy episodes which is a lot to say based on a preview alone. I'm pretty sure this might be where Dandy shedding a tear in the opening comes from.
Tragic romances
are among the best topics to do in sci-fi, it somewhat happened here and now seems like it'll go full throttle next episode. Cannot wait.

This show is not the same miss and hit we got in the first season. Which leads me to believe that they chose what they saw as the weaker episodes and put them largely in the first half to get them over with and end amazingly.

I shit you not, Space Dandy might be my AOTS. Those of you who dropped it or aren't watching it are doing yourselves a HUGE disservice as the show has been amazing this season with the last 3 episodes being brilliant, and the next one seems to be the same.

TUSR

Banned
I am bound to finish this so says Mike. Just know that he is the most wretched human being on animegaf.
Not really, but why you do this to me?!?!

When I started to compile a list of shows to watch a few months back, I was told to never watch Recently, My Sister Has Been Unusual.

Honestly, I wish I listened.

The rest of the episode is imouto fighting with a ghost girl over a chastity belt put on her after she collapsed walking home from school. Who put it on her? I have no idea. Ghost girl possesses imouto, cue lewd masturbation with black bars and hilarious heart locks to censor the action. The rest of the episode is spent in the bathroom fighting the urge to pee herself as the chastity belt will only come off for three minutes ever hour.

Somehow this actually sounds a lot worse than what I was initially led to believe. That's shocking.

jgminto

Starting my penalty show for Linkman.

Watamote 1

A Death note reference? A WcDonalds? A mix between The World God Only Knows and Welcome to the NHK? Made by Silver Link? Linkman.... you just get me. Silver Link, those brilliant bastards. This was a really strong first episode. I hope the whole season is like this episode. Main girl kind of freaks me out though.

Also OP is awesome.
Great show as long as you have a sense of humour about yourself. Not saying you're like Tomoko, but I definitely saw a little of myself in her and it added to the humour for me.

This is my single favourite image from Jojolion. I wish I could find the Kirby edit too.

Mike is actually the villain of AnimeGAF, but don't lie to yourself phoenix. If you continue to make watch bets with him is because somehow you're getting some form of amusement out of these shows, all of these 'woe is me' watch bet complaints from GAF in general are a bit hard to take seriously. When I made a watch bet I specifically told the one who made me the bet that I was hating the show, and he gave me another one. We weren't in it in some form of twisted amusement to see the other person suffer I guess.

Maybe my tolerance for shit anime has gone down since I decided to start watching western shows and play games regularly again.

TUSR

Banned
Mike is actually the villain of AnimeGAF, but don't lie to yourself phoenix. If you continue to make watch bets with him is because somehow you're getting some form of amusement out of these shows, all of these 'woe is me' watch bet complaints from GAF in general are a bit hard to take seriously. When I made a watch bet I specifically told the one who made me the bet that I was hating the show, and he gave me another one. We weren't in it in some form of twisted amusement to see the other person suffer I guess.

Maybe my tolerance for shit anime has gone down since I decided to start watching western shows and play games regularly again.

RIP tuesday

wonzo

Banned
Ai-Mai-Mi - Mousou Catastrophie 9

aimaimis29.jpg

the greatest take on momotaro in the history of folktales series

Barakamon 9

barakamon9.jpg

rip in piss naru and the fun times :(

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Kill la Kill OVA

I wish the final episode end like this. A decent closure i to kill la kill i guess

Also, i wonder who request for my tag. This is embarassing <_<

Fate/Zero Episodes 1-3

Pretty good production value. Story seems interesting. Kind of...serious though. Not too much comic relief, if any. Coming from Gurren Lagann I guess that's a good thing. Out of the shows I've seen so far I think FMA Brotherhood and Samurai Champloo have struck the perfect balance of serious and comic relief. Just a thought.

Mr.Jeff

Restore honor to the watchbet.
I'm getting Theonik to watch Mushishi! Granted it's at the cost of me watching the idolm@ster but still.

I'd watchbet Corvo into watching some good stuff but he seems to have developed a phobia from them now and ignores the suggestion.

cajunator

Banned
Sword Art Online II Episode 10 - Cringe of Death

Holy fuck why am I watching this show? I was literally cringing the entire time as I watch Sinon falling into a blubbering, whimpering mess. But what ho, Kirito dick was there to save the day. And of course she must beg him to stay with her forever and protect her because the power of Kirito's d to fix any and all of his harem's problem is absolute. I also still have a massive problem with the actual crying and the laying down on his lap and such.

Oh Sinon you used to be a good character. Guess I'll just be watching this for the fights now instead of the fights AND Sinon.

I was prepared for them to try to ruin Shinon so it doesnt hurt as much.

I felt they effectively already accomplished that without they the need for the reporters. I can appreciate what they were going for but it felt unnecessary for me. Just didn't work for me I guess.

Thats fair. I think it was the best part and the most "Satoshi Kon'esque " element of the film.

Mmm, yes.

These Mahouka cards are all I need after watching an average episode.

These. These are good.

cajunator

Banned
Let's have a bunch of faceless kids in a circle mocking her for dramatic effect.

Good fucking god. Are Japanese kids that fucked up?

Kids in general are that cruel sometimes.

Starting my penalty show for Linkman.

Watamote 1

A Death note reference? A WcDonalds? A mix between The World God Only Knows and Welcome to the NHK? Made by Silver Link? Linkman.... you just get me. Silver Link, those brilliant bastards. This was a really strong first episode. I hope the whole season is like this episode. Main girl kind of freaks me out though.

Also OP is awesome.

Watamote isnt a penalty show! The whole show is like that yes.

Eh we'll see. So far I like the reversal of roles and seeing a girl act like a loner instead of some dude.

Tomoko is adorable. Shes just a bit maladjusted. Its not a cringeworthy show really.

Earth Maiden Arjuna 6

"Isn't it because you say things like that that your wife left you?"

I'm trying to think of whatever the fuck is the reason Tokio said this. Was he trying to tell off the teacher (who didn't do anything to him), or was he just being an oblivious dolt (well, he is an oblivious dolt, but this instance)?

Though his statement isn't entirely wrong; this is a teacher who couldn't be arsed to put down his fucking textbook even after one of his students started screaming and jumped out the goddamn window.

Pay close attention to what the mountain tells you. It has more to teach and you'd better listen!

Thanks!

And to anyone who's seen it, is Air Gear any good?

Well, do you like the 90's and rollerblading?

cajunator

Banned
Microsoft has a new Azure-tan.

Bw1RvvQCQAAWSS4.png

Squeeeee

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibto 12

I can't wait for this to finally be over...

Gargantua makes amends with busty underwear witch and they vow to be together forever in their storybook world. Hatsumi reveals her true form which is a naked magical girl with a force field which repels yuri love. Hazuki determines the only way to settle their love affair is to kill Hatsumi before taking her own life. Horny fox girl finds some elf dude who may have been in a previous episode and proceeds to rape him(!?!). This whole episode makes me wonder how I got this far without losing my fucking mind.

The complete and utter ridiculousness of it all makes me wonder how this anime was conceived let alone how it got approved to be created. Everyone involved must have been higher than a kite during the whole production. I feel like I've destroyed more braincells with the sheer stupidity of this one episode than I have throughout this entire series.

Oh yes. Elephant oatmeal/10 score right? Perhaps something different?
Is this show capable of being rated?
Could it be done justice?

DEATH™;128806976 said:
Guys, did crunchyroll deleted golden time in their lineup? Was gonna recommend it with a friend and noticed its gone...

Please dont let friends watch Golden Time. Unless its for Koko. But...just look at pictures of Koko instead!

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibto 13

Fuck this anime. Fuck the writer, the director, the animators, everyone involved. This is a fucking travesty and I think this may be the most offensive anime I have ever witnessed.

For the final episode almost 50% of it as reused footage from previous episodes. The much anticipated yuri kiss between the protagonists somehow impregnates the non witch character, we cry over our pancakes and it abruptly ends with no payoff. Most of these episodes put me to sleep now I'm just angry pondering how such a travesty was spawned from a human with a brain. Full series impressions later, I can't deal with his right now.

Yessssss
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
*hugs

hating on the purest form of love smh

RHC0lUO.gif

It made such an impact on your life you named your twitter account after it. Truly impressive work.

Why is Hime so adorable?

Alright, so here's what I finished tonight.

Acchi Kocchi 12 END

Valentine's Day. This is it. Show don't fail me now.

THIS IS NOT THE ENDING I WANTED YOU FAILED ME ;_;

Anyways, this show was a pretty sweet little treat. Rock solid cast, adorable-ness to an unfathomable level, incredibly fluid animation and really high production values, and an absolutely gorgeous soundtrack. Being a cute little slice of life, there's not much of a plot, which is hard for me to watch, but this show is just so utterly cute and well made that it's still worth a watch. Is Acchi Kocchi a good show?

THANK YOU BASED CAJUN

Oh? You were expecting the end of my List Double Dose, right? OKAY FINE HERE WE GO

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 13 END

THE PANCAKES

PANCAKES ARE LOVE PANCAKES ARE LIFE

oh here's the explanation for this shit?

FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD FOREHEAD

Did you know there's a world where I didn't watch yami? That's what I learned today

the ecchi is fucking out of control

PANCAKES PANCAKES PANCAKES

RENOWN THROUGHOUT THE UNIVERSE

wait we've been through this shit

THIS IS THE
FIRST FUCKING EPISODE AGAIN
ARE YOU KIDDING ME

THE MOMENT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR

DAS PFANNKUCHEN

So is it considered
defiling the garden if one girl magically impregnates the other? lol

I don't even know what to do with this show. It's such a mess with it's themes, tone, direction, and story. It's a huge pu pu platter of nonsense and trite wackiness.

It's like I've been given a series of random inputs and I have no idea what to do with them.

School Days 12 END

YOU'VE MADE YOUR BED NOW LIE IN IT

FUCK YOU KID FUCK YOU AND ALL YOUR SHIT

THE JAWS THEME IS PLAYING IN MY HEAD

IT'S ALL FALLING DOWN BABY

lolololololololololololololololololol

DO IT

FUCKING DO IT RIGHT NOW

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

OMG WHAT A GLORIOUS FUCKING ENDING HOLY FUCKING SHIT

That was a nice fucking boat.

This show went places few dare travel. It was glorious, hair pulling, teeth grinding, insanity inducing experience. A+ would loose my marbles again.

---

And thus ends my ride...for now. Thanks for playing along, you've been a good audience.

Wow. This is absolutely glorious. This is why these two shows keep getting recommended folks!

This on the other hand I wouldnt wish on anyone. You might need alcohol.

Jarmel

Banned
You derided Miyazaki as a mere maker of children's movies, something akin to how the French auteur theorists would criticise some American directors as merely being Metteur en scène. I thought you were crazy then and you're still crazy now, Miyazaki wrote and directed movies of such quality that they moved the world and made Ghibli a recognised name not just in Japan but around the world. While he weakened somewhat in his later years his craftsmen ship is truly legendary.

There's nothing wrong with making children films. The problem is how Miyazaki tells them, or at least certain ones. Pixar only makes children films yet the work they encompass has themes that fit all age groups but not only that, they sometimes tell their stories in really interesting ways such as the first 1/2 of Wall-E. I don't think Miyazaki is inherently guilty of that but rather I feel at times he isn't really able to transcend at times and tell a deeper story. This aside also has nothing to do with my criticique of the actual ending btw.

Your critique is off the mark. You can't really critique for failing to adhere to your pre-defined notion of 'realism' in a story when Miyazaki was never, and has never, written that kind of narrative. Miyazaki wrote and directed movie stories, big and broad tales with larger than life people who could be better and stronger then anyone you knew. These people face situations and perform acts that to move the audience, to excite them, to entertain them. He writes big stories with bold characters to inspire an audience. Whether it's Lupin outsmarting the Count with cleverness, Nausicaa standing between the Earth and Manking, or Sheeta standing up to Muska inside the heart of Laputa these are meant to be big, exciting stories starring amazing, wonderful (but relatable) characters. Based on the success of his works I imagine others feel the same way.

Not that I have a problem with quainter, more realistic and retained storytelling. Miyazaki certainly doesn't because he worked with Takahata for decades and Takahata tells far more restrained and realistic stories with far more flawed characters, none so flawed as Seita from Grave of the Fireflies. But Miyazaki isn't trying to be Takahata and Takahata isn't trying to be Miyakai. There exist many different, completely legitimate approaches to telling a story. There's nothing wrong with how Miyazaki does it in his earlier films, even though later on his plots become more muddled.

I never said it needed to be 'realistic', but I certainly feel a work has to be realistic or natural to itself. That's the problem I had with Whisper of the Heart in that the ending event doesn't feel natural to the rest of the work. There isn't any sort of natural escalation. I haven't seen Cagliostro but Nausicaa and Laputa, especially Laputa, were more adventure oriented from the getgo.

I don't feel this way about every Miyazaki movie but I would probably classify a decent body of his work as infantile and underdeveloped. I watched Totoro for the first time this week and it was a movie short on words with even less to say as a piece.
I definitely would describe Totoro as underdeveloped.

Perhaps I should get around to watching Yami soon...

Ah, what am I talking about. I'm watching G Gundam!

The watchbet has seemingly become just a way for two people to inflict mutual punishment on each other.

The only shows I'll recommend people on a watchbet are:

TTGL, Madoka, Baccano, Eureka Seven, Code Geass, Samurai Flamenco, Gunbuster, Nozaki-kun, (and potentially) Nanoha or GaoGaiGar.

Those or any other great shows I tend to find.

EDIT: Oh, and add Kino to that list as well, lol.

I mean I got Nintendoman to watch Baccano, and I watched Kino's Journey.

If only such good watchbets could happen more often in this thread.

phaze

At this point Akame Ga Kill is a better anime series, think about that, and despair.

Impossibru.

So much School Days talk. I've to finally get on it.

Monster 9-20

This is some glacial pacing. I see now how they got to 74 episodes. Loads and loads of fat with only superficial connection to main plot. They spend a few episodes on the neonazi subplot, only to make them completely irrelevant to the larger story at the end. Their plan to make Johan the second Hitler was dumb as hell too. -_-

I don't see how they're going to explain the formers exploits without going supernatural so I'm bracing for it already.

I hope Tenma's fiancee will turn to be the final villain. She's hilariously evil.

cajunator

Banned

TTGL, Madoka, Baccano, Eureka Seven, Code Geass, Samurai Flamenco, Gunbuster, Nozaki-kun, (and potentially) Nanoha or GaoGaiGar.

Yami to Boshi is an experience youll never forget!

Hugstable

Banned
Lucky Star Episode 12

Watching episode 12 of Lucky Star and this is some hilarious stuff! I did not expect much of the jokes I'm seeing to come in a show like this, especially with all the references. Alot of them are great since I just finished watching Haruhi not that long ago, plus I've caught many others like the Initial D spoof and what not. This whole episode at Comiket though has just been amazingly funny so far. "HOW CAN YOU BE OUT OF HARUHI GOODS! I NEED MY NAGATO PHONE CARD!!!" #DEAD

lVpSCFf.png

EDIT: Oh, and add Kino to that list as well, lol.

haha I've actually been planning to give someone Code Geass as a watchbet soon. I saw Code Geass on some "list" alongside stuff like Yami to and School Days and now I'm a bit confused about it. I know the writing was kinda crappy, but I really enjoyed especially the first season, and the second season was fun to watch the mother of all train wrecks! Also CG has some kind of fascination with Pizza Hut haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom