• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life and Hometown Wars 05

Her not wearing any panties is an important plot point apparently. MC still attracting all da ladies for no apparently reason as well.

Locodol - 05

Holy shit Yukari just confess to Nanako already.

fertygo

Surely frigging Aniplex have another go-to composer to pick other than Sawano for their flagship title? Oh right I guess they had Kajiura, zzzzzz.

Dynedom

Terror in Resonance - 04

This may have the best music direction I've seen in years. The end sequence of this episode is almost too good for a TV show.

I have to admit that I got done in by the "swerve". I was honestly expecting
a real bomb instead of an infobomb
. Didn't help that the
music at that scene was incredible

Now I'm intrigued to see how the dynamics change with
Lisa "joining" the Numbers
. I also wonder if part of Shibazaki's role in this will be to become less detached/distant and become more aggressive.

Cwarrior

The Seven Deadly Sins staff:

Director: Tensai Okamura(director of Blue exorcist who did a bad job)
Series Composition Shôtarô Suga
Character design: Keigo Sasaki(character designer of blue exorcist who did a good job)
Music: Hiroyuki Sawano(Blue excorcist composer)
Production: A-1 Pictures(from the studio that killed magi & Blue excorcist)

Cast:

Meliodas: Yuuki Kaji(the voice kurito,cartman-kun,guilty crowd and eren yagerbomb fuck this guy his voice is like getting an ice pick through your ear)
Elizabeth: Sora Amamiya
Hawk: Misaki Kuno

Source: http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-25834.html

Like bones before them A1 building up quite the reputation for ruining some pretty good action shounens, I actually quite like 7 deadly sins so it's sad to see it might suffer the sad fate of flying off rails into shitty written anime original second half.

where is Deen when you need them I would of taken those guys over A1 for 7 deadly sins or even magi.

Shergal

Pupipo
j4SIm91NfIIRF.jpg

Holy shit... I mean, erm... yeah holy shit. I watched the first episode of this show back when it aired because the blob was cute as hell, but it didn't generate any interest beyond that. Suffice to say, the show is nothing like what you'd expect from any first impression.

The premise deals with a girl whose ability to see ghosts torments her daily life, as said ghosts bother her around and cause trouble for other people, making classmates see her as a witch. That is, until she meets Pupipo, the Kirby-esque blob who protects her from the creatures and starts changing her life for the better.
From the first episode it might seem like a simple show with a twist, but in reality you're missing out! Bonding! Bullying! Life & Death situations! Neat set-pieces! Adventure! Emotional arc with climax and resolution! Like holy shit it was so unexpected yet so good.

It's definitely the most successful 5-minute show I've seen when it comes to serious storytelling. One would think that the run-time limits the emotional reach and the possibilities of the story, but the directing courtesy of industry veteran Kaori Suzuki is so efficient and slick that you get into it and even feel like it had to be a 5-minute show. I don't even know how this show came about, but now I'm glad it did.

Special thanks to Hosanna who recommended it, and wonzo too for being the original proponent even if nobody listened!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Locodol 4

Today we learn about the Billiken. I've actually seen the Billiken of Osaka and rubbed its feet. Even got some biscuits.

That's all I have to say.

I wonder if the black haired one is a delinquent-type character who plays tough to get but she's actually crying for help on the inside. Poor girl should go get a size bigger in shirts.

cajunator

Banned
Hell yeah!

You aren't alone. I'm someone not familiar with any of the material outside of the anime, so i've been enjoying how much there is. Every week is a new smile on my face with each new episode.

BEAR. 4 MORE DAYS.

Copy paste fail: Nanatsu no Taizai music is by Hiroyuki Sawano, lol

Whats wrong with Sawano?

Momo best

So the Gundam channel just uploaded the Char's Counterattack movie in several languages and here is the English Sub version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4TDGDKhy6s

Yeah another reason to watch it !
"The uploader has not made this video available in your country. "

OH well ....

Tenchi Muyo! OVA 3

https://i.imgur.com/2nK1w22.gif

(will write detailed thoughts tomorrow, but good god this is bad. like, borderline nonsense. still not as bad as GXP, but damn.)

Awaiting your impression i do think it was worse than the first 2 , but it wasn't that bad.

wonzo

Banned
yasuda
emot-barf.gif

Pupipo
j4SIm91NfIIRF.jpg

Holy shit... I mean, erm... yeah holy shit. I watched the first episode of this show back when it aired because the blob was cute as hell, but it didn't generate any interest beyond that. Suffice to say, the show is nothing like what you'd expect from any first impression.

The premise deals with a girl whose ability to see ghosts torments her daily life, as said ghosts bother her around and cause trouble for other people, making classmates see her as a witch. That is, until she meets Pupipo, the Kirby-esque blob who protects her from the creatures and starts changing her life for the better.
From the first episode it might seem like a simple show with a twist, but in reality you're missing out! Bonding! Bullying! Life & Death situations! Neat set-pieces! Adventure! Emotional arc with climax and resolution! Like holy shit it was so unexpected yet so good.

It's definitely the most successful 5-minute show I've seen when it comes to serious storytelling. One would think that the run-time limits the emotional reach and the possibilities of the story, but the directing courtesy of industry veteran Kaori Suzuki is so efficient and slick that you get into it and even feel like it had to be a 5-minute show. I don't even know how this show came about, but now I'm glad it did.

Special thanks to Hosanna who recommended it, and wonzo too for being the original proponent even if nobody listened!
More people finally watching this classic.…
tocry.png

You know here in the US we have the Sopranos and modern mobsters aren't even that big of a topic. Japan has the yakuza. I wouldn't mind a really serious grounded in reality drama about them in anime. Something like that vikings manga I need to get to eventually which is apparently very good.

Dynedom

You know here in the US we have the Sopranos and modern mobsters aren't even that big of a topic. Japan has the yakuza. I wouldn't mind a really serious grounded in reality drama about them in anime. Something like that vikings manga I need to get to eventually which is apparently very good.

If not for the sci-fi elements, the mafia storyline in the Gungrave anime was pretty great I thought. It's neither grounded nor yakuza though. :(

BluWacky

New Digimon Adventure in 2015. Tai and crew are in high school, bro is 17.

i'm 11 again and jo x mimi 4 lyfe and agsafdgfhsndbvvfdsfsdbg

It's a continuation? Good lord, how many years has it been since season 2?

I suspect I'm not the only one with a soft spot for Digimon in its various incarnations (particularly the first three series). I loved how heavily serialised it was in particular. While it's trendy to say Digimon Tamers is the best because Chiaki Konaka wrote it, I never really saw enough of it - Adventure 2 was my favourite, probably.

Necrovex

Time to watch the original cuts of season one and two then. Though I'll be a pretentious dick and compare them to the radness of Tamers.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, I kinda want to rewatch digimon with the news, but I'm afraid that like pokemon it won't hold up with me now compared to my childhood.

Digimon Tamers spoiled me way too hard and have been disappointed by every digimon series since that one.

I'll give this one a chance though.

It really rustled my jimmies as a kid.
It still rustles my jimmies. I wake up on the middle of the night screaming, sweat glistening over my body hugging the covers. Never forget. Fuck that guy. First person to say "fuck that guy" meant it for this guy specifically. I guess my only relief is that
in digimon 2 during the flash forward ending they show what every character is doing in the future. And they show nobody still together as adults. And Tai as this sweet digimon lawyer with agumon as his partner
Sora and Tai will be canon soon with this new anime :)
She doesn't deserve my tai-bro anymore. She wanted bologna instead of filet mignon. She can keep having that shit. MA bro deserves better.

Edit: Never fucking mind just read soras wiki entry. I hope they retcon that 2027 future glimpse and have a truck hit her.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Zankyou no Terror Episode 4:

I will be blunt Shibuzaki and the police procedural side of this show has downright saved things. I am really enjoying the cat and mouse game he and Nine are playing and in turn I feel much more investing in what is driving Nine to commit these acts of terror. On the other side of the coin, Twelve really does comes across as just some little shit who is along for the ride and is thus less interesting to me. Still better then Lisa who is he worst part of this show hands down. There is nothing about here I find compelling and her endless moping has gone beyond mere tedium. Moreover, her story is so far removed from the other proceedings
that the show even calls itself out on it and has to resort to crow-baring her in as Twleve's love interest. I have nothing but contempt for the budding romance here, so much so, that I actively fast forwarded through the motorcycle sequence.
Overall, this has been a good show that can't escape some of its own shackles to become a great show in the four episodes watched.

just wanted to comment on this..
so far I'm going with that I don't see it as love interest at all. More like kindred spirits. And I think you did yourself a further disservice by fast forwarding through the motorcycle ride because that's where you saw it most IMHO. She asked "are you going to destroy the entire world" and when he laughed she just smiled. One of us is clearly missing the intent here.. only time will tell which one it is.. Lisa actually drastically moved up a few notches here as interesting. She's a girl so out of place and so lost that she will latch onto anything that doesn't drive her away, even if they are terrorists.

I also was ecstatic that I was thrown for the curve and suckered like everyone else.

and that music.. the music when they were going to the apartment, and on the motorcycle ride.. we'll see where the show ends up at the end of its run... I won't predict anything now... but damn... this is one of the strongest episodes of ANY series I have seen in... well maybe one of the single strongest episodes of any series ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom