• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it might just be me, but I have a hard time viewing the Hidamari Sketch bath scenes as fanservice, given that their bodies are just undefined blobs.
I think they're charming little summaries (also Yuno is the purest thing in the universe), but some of the later season bath scenes tend to be more risque with their lewd-ass camera angles and whatnot that it's not surprising for it to be bothersome.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
You really gonna just do this to me after one episode?

Do you have so little faith?

I truly would not recommend the show if it didn't think it was great. I've practically watched the entire series in a single week and I rarely do that for any anime. If I had watched it when it was airing it would have been in my top ten shows of the year list and that was a very crowded list.

You just have to get to the point when you realise the show is kind of like Twelve Kingdoms + Spice and Wolf + .hack//SIGN + Legend of the Galactic Heroes with a dash of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

episode 1 may make up a part of a greater whole, but by itself is was bad, no apologies. that is to say, even if I end up loving the show just as much as you have, episode 1's suckiness isn't going to change.

SAO 2 episode 5

Where Sinon shows her true colors as a yantsundere. Coincidentally Kirito-kun refuses to give his true name, because he's a SECRET GOVERNMENT MISSION PEW PEW HARDCORE XXX VIN DIESEL and he must be kept For British Eyes Only.

Once again Kirito pretends to be
an asshole so hardcore uguuu to make enemies
and of course seeing how this is Sword Art Online this means all the girls will drop their panties due to this at one point.

there really hasn't been any rearranging of arcs as much as random scenes moved and
an entire arc just skipped that it's looking less and less likely they are going to go back to do it... though perhaps their plan is to just animate that 30 chapter arc as the final two episodes.

I am not only treating the anime as it's standalone thing at this point, but I am even going as far as treating it as an alternate universe telling of the story as there are so many changes to how the main character reacts and comes to conclusions that the manga and anime character feel too different to be the same character :/ (they are obviously built on the same person though, thus alternate... or if you will parallel universe versions of them with some changes.)

I mean lets just look at the most recent arc.

Anime:
told to stay away from gourmet, has absolutely no reason to get closer to gourmet, does so anyways. Thinks it's weird when he gets to the building but apparently trusts the guy enough to shower and drink random coffee alone and get drugged by the coffee and wonder why it happened. In this version he comes off as an idiot that deserves to die....

Manga:
told to stay away from gourmet, then proceeds to meet up with some people and be told that he can find out more info about the situation that resulted in him becoming a ghoul if he can find out more info about a gourmet restaurant that gourmet is linked to. He proceeds to befriend gourmet trying to eventually get invited to the restaurant, and finally gets his invite and accepted to go the the restaurant. He is told he needs to shower and look nice for it, so while a little weird accepts it. Then moves to another room to meet some people. He is offered coffee but since it smells weird he doesn't drink it. It is later revealed that not only the coffee was poisoned but that there was a gas as well. in this version he comes off as someone who tried to be careful but wasn't careful enough and is now in over his head.

There are a number of other scenes that were drastically changed as well... it's just weird to me... mostly because I don't mind the character in the manga, but I am close to hating him in the anime ><;

See when I say rearranging arcs I mean they are doing the Gourment Arc before the Dove Arc. And for evidence if you look at the PV trailers you see it contains the Dove Arc so they aren't skipping the arc. And I'm not disagreeing that they are skipping lots of details cause they are, just that they ain't skipping arcs.

Defuser

Aldnoah Zero ep 5
DAT CPR, the princess's thirst is real.

Stahp Inaho, you're getting too OP. Inaho is batman with prep time.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, guys! :D

After this episode I might take a break from Kino for the rest of the day lol, that was a bit more emotionally invested than I was planning to get on a show for the week. Guess I'll now move on to Sword Art Online 2. There's poetry to this I guess. I'm going from what is probably considered one of the masterpieces of anime, to something that is considered the microwavable corn dogs of anime.

Yeah, this was definitely the roughest episode of Kino that I remember. I haven't seen it in ages, so it's probably time for a rewatch. I'm sure it'll still hold up as one of my favorite series, though. Now I'm just hoping GSC gets around to re-releasing their Kino figure at some point.

zulux21

See when I say rearranging arcs I mean they are doing the Gourment Arc before the Dove Arc. And for evidence if you look at the PV trailers you see it contains the Dove Arc so they aren't skipping the arc. And I'm not disagreeing that they are skipping lots of details cause they are, just that they ain't skipping arcs.

ah I haven't watched any PVs for the series so I am just going off what I have seen in the anime (and I have no clue what comes after the current arc since I have only read the manga that the anime has covered)

Quasar

SAO 2 episode 5

Where Sinon shows her true colors as a yantsundere. Coincidentally Kirito-kun refuses to give his true name, because he's a SECRET GOVERNMENT MISSION PEW PEW HARDCORE XXX VIN DIESEL and he must be kept For British Eyes Only.

Once again Kirito pretends to be
an asshole so hardcore uguuu to make enemies
and of course seeing how this is Sword Art Online this means all the girls will drop their panties due to this at one point.

Dont worry oniisama wont get upset if you are watching someone else.

Dont worry oniisama wont get upset if you are watching someone else.

You think so? Thank god. Onii-sama is my only Gary Stu.

Aldnoah Zero 5

Hey! This show remembered that Slaine is supposed to be a main character and gave him plenty of scenes this time around! Even more so, everytime he was on screen the show was better for it, best character confirmed.

The show also now has confirmed that my fears that dandere-kun will
steal the princess waifu from Slaine are of naught because that opening scene with her saving his life by mouth to mouth then somewhat blushing might be confirmation enough that they are OTP
. Joyous day indeed. Episode reaffirmed my love for Slaine and has now made me keep watching.

FiggyCal

Banned
I don't know if this is the right thread for this but I have to vent my frustration about something that deeply bothered me. I was watching Monster and
am incredibly frustrated that Tenma couldn't shoot Johan. After months of preparation to just pass an opportunity to end his problems then and there really got on my nerves. It's one of those mistakes that seem unredeemable to his character.
I'm tempted to just stop watching the series at this point, so if anyone's watched it -- should I go on?

Jex

episode 1 may make up a part of a greater whole, but by itself is was bad, no apologies. that is to say, even if I end up loving the show just as much as you have, episode 1's suckiness isn't going to change.

Well that's fine and all, I never defended or praised the first episode of the show.

I will also warn you that:

- the direction is, for the most part, extremely average
- the show isn't terribly well animated.
- there's some dumb stuff concerning the protagonist and his relationship with women.
- the characters aren't particularly complicated or fleshed out due to the writers clear interest with systems as opposed to people

Just to get that all out of the way up front.

Even with all that I still recommend it!

Midonin

And Captain Earth has been delayed until tomorrow afternoon. I'll give CR credit for not having too many delays this season, but I'd rather watch CE than Mahouka at this time of day.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
SAO II 5

So much time wasting bullshit. So much time spent where nothing ever happens.

Dat reveal at the end though.

cajunator

Banned
I'm just glad no one is saying "Why are their heads so wide?" because that would force me to burn down this entire thread.

Hehee. Some just don understand the wideface!
Wideface Saber btw is one of the best things ever. (yes Ume aoki drew her)

Why are their eyes now baaaaarrrrcoooooooooodeeeesss?

I actually scanned their eyes with a barcode app. nothing hidden :(

Well, talking about Shaft.

There are rumors that Shaft will do Happy Cooking Graffiti.

Oh my god I hope so! It would be perfect!

Also Daxel will have a Prism Nana booth on the Comiket again.

But I guess the dream of another magical girl series by Shaft is dead.

Shattering dreams one pachinko at a time :(

Got confirmation that Cardcaptor Sakura has shipped. Boom.

me too! HAPPY DAYS ARE COMING.

Kino's Journey 3: City of Prophecy

Amazing episode. I wasn't sure where it was going to at first, as it was the first episode so far that took the 'collection of short stories' to heart and had Kino visit multiple 'countries'. I guess I'll have to become used to this show calling a city a country, unless they're implying that Kino is traveling huge distances to go from one country to the other, but that implies the whole country acts and thinks the same as the city she visits.

Regardless I'm not sure of what to think of this episode's message. It seems both clear and murky what the writer was trying to convey. I'm now more convinced than ever that this is Gulliver's Travel in anime form. My interpretation of the major plot point would probably be that it's a commentary on Christianity and/or other major religions who believe in prophecies, and the commentary was that one religion's prophecy may have a completely different meaning for another, and stem from yet another country's completely different history. Interpretation is key.

Yeah its kinda weird how each country is represented by a single city, but for the sake of episode and series length I can see why they did that. Perhaps Kino visits capitol cities or otherwise visits a city with a particular reputation or quirk that reflects what the country is about. This episode was definitely about the fallacies of religion and believing wholeheartedly in a written scripture no matter what. Not just Christianity but any written beliefs.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Aldnoah.Zero Episode 5

Wow, okay, this show is in real danger of getting dropped over some truly stupid writing.
Sazaku tells the Emperor of the treachery of the Orbital Knights and that is proof of the hostile intent on the part of the Terrans? Yea, no, no, no, no, no a thousand times no.
Also, I am getting tried of how bland everything and everyone comes across.

Gazoinks

Yeah its kinda weird how each country is represented by a single city, but for the sake of episode and series length I can see why they did that. Perhaps Kino visits capitol cities or otherwise visits a city with a particular reputation or quirk that reflects what the country is about. This episode was definitely about the fallacies of religion and believing wholeheartedly in a written scripture no matter what. Not just Christianity but any written beliefs.

I always assumed the "countries" in the show were basically city-states.

Aldnoah Zero - 05

LDT9c67.jpg
I sure wish I was Slaine for those first 5 minutes of the episode, lucky dog.
It is clear that the writers have shipped him and the Princess together. Good MC will not be taking her away from him. Seems this show isn't really gonna be about getting unique power to beat the Martians but Inaho using science and tactics to win the fights. I'm totally ok with this angle as well, I get tired of the whole 'unique power of mech to turn the tide of battle!" I think I see a ship in progress in as well, details in the coming episodes.

Also I gotta say fuck off with the way the story is going at currently. Somehow Slaine telling the martian leader about the plot to kill the princess is in fact a plot by the Earthlings? Whhaaaat?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Aldnoah Zero - 05

I sure wish I was Slaine for those first 5 minutes of the episode, lucky dog.
It is clear that the writers have shipped him and the Princess together. Good MC will not be taking her away from him. Seems this show isn't really gonna be about getting unique power to beat the Martians but Inaho using science and tactics to win the fights. I'm totally ok with this angle as well, I get tired of the whole 'unique power of mech to turn the tide of battle!" I think I see a ship in progress in as well, details in the coming episodes.

Also I gotta say fuck off with the way the story is going at currently. Somehow Slaine telling the martian leader about the plot to kill the princess is in fact a plot by the Earthlings? Whhaaaat?

Not really being sold on the tactical approach since it is starting to morph into shonen explanations about shit that was just done.

Not really being sold on the tactical approach since it is starting to morph into shonen explanations about shit that was just done.
I honestly do not see that in the slightest.

I genuinely believe a lot of people would see what happened to the mech and be completely confused why it exploded, hell I was. I honestly thought the mech was just gonna sink.

What is obvious to you isn't necessarily obvious to everyone else and I'm glad they explained what happened rather than it just explode when it hit the water and everyone act like that was just expected.

_hekk05

Banned
This week in onii sama simulator:

Fighting no head dragon was so clinical. Less of a fight than simple assassination.

They didn't even show much of Juumonji kicking ass. It was interlaced with boring military talk.

Oniisama such a player.

Ichijou is a dunce. Not once did he realise the siblings were actually siblings.

Juumonji asking oniisama to marry saegusa lol.

Overall: oniisama/10

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I honestly do not see that in the slightest.

I genuinely believe a lot of people would see what happened to the mech and be completely confused why it exploded, hell I was. I honestly thought the mech was just gonna sink.

What is obvious to you isn't necessarily obvious to everyone else and I'm glad they explained what happened rather than it just explode when it hit the water and everyone act like that was just expected.

Not so much being obvious as it is I liked how last episode they planned that shit out in advance before the battle started.

cajunator

Banned
Kino's Journey 4: City of Adults

Probably the most heartbreaking episode of the show so far. It isn't necessarily gut-punching go home and cry, but man it encapsulates the show's darker tones to a tee. This is a flashback episode on
how a little 11 year old girl with a name she wasn't keen of met a handsome and charming traveler named Kino
. Their relationship
as short as it was
was very a much a typical father-daughter type, and seeing the young version of her was absolutely amazing, she was so different. How this world must've changed her. I don't tend to say this much but man the death of innocence has never been so literal.

The whole
do an operation that is basically a lobotomy on children to have them smile regardless of their job
is as fucked up as it gets for me, especially since in reality finding a job that truly makes you happy is really rare for so many. It sounds good on paper in its ideology form, but the reality of how it's done and the consequences (as seen by what the adults attempt later) is as fucked up as it gets.

I truly felt sad when
Kino sacrifices himself to save the little girl
and at least it wasn't in vain since
the motorcycle he fixed comes to life and convinces her to run away.
And thus, we learn about Kino. And where she hails from. The other episodes have been amazing, but this one gets a 10/10 by itself.

After this episode I might take a break from Kino for the rest of the day lol, that was a bit more emotionally invested than I was planning to get on a show for the week. Guess I'll now move on to Sword Art Online 2. There's poetry to this I guess. I'm going from what is probably considered one of the masterpieces of anime, to something that is considered the microwavable corn dogs of anime.

Kino's journey is one of the greatest examples of how amazingly well written anime can be and what a talented studio can do on a shoestring budget. Its absolutely unforgettable and you have just scratched the surface of its eccentricieties. If you think this is the darkest point of humanity that Kino will observe, you need to keep watching..

You really gonna just do this to me after one episode?

Do you have so little faith?

I truly would not recommend the show if it didn't think it was great. I've practically watched the entire series in a single week and I rarely do that for any anime. If I had watched it when it was airing it would have been in my top ten shows of the year list and that was a very crowded list.

You just have to get to the point when you realise the show is kind of like Twelve Kingdoms + Spice and Wolf + .hack//SIGN + Legend of the Galactic Heroes with a dash of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

That is a pretty good description and really is a stellar mix of ideas. Could definitely emulate much worse shows!

I think they're charming little summaries (also Yuno is the purest thing in the universe), but some of the later season bath scenes tend to be more risque with their lewd-ass camera angles and whatnot that it's not surprising for it to be bothersome.

Yuno is purity. If Sakura didnt exist, Yuno would be the undisputed queen of purity and cuteness. As it is I can only grant a tie.

Midonin

Mahouka 18

Thank god this interminable arc is over. Even if Tatsuya did take down a group of Chinese bad guys, it had as much tension as anything else. I know from /a/ and other places why he is the way he is, but all that says to me is that he shouldn't be the main character of this series. A secondary or a mysterious, distant (emphasis on the distant) presence, maybe, but as a lead, there's barely anything there, especially because the side characters have slowly turned into an amorphous mass of "Who's this again?" I've seen brocon elements in plenty of other anime, but those at least had comedy, drama, denial, etc. keeping them from just being there.

Maybe the next arc will be more interesting, but I'm not counting on it.

The English-language song they danced to was nice, I guess.

_hekk05

Banned
Mahouka 18

Thank god this interminable arc is over. Even if Tatsuya did take down a group of Chinese bad guys, it had as much tension as anything else. I know from /a/ and other places why he is the way he is, but all that says to me is that he shouldn't be the main character of this series. A secondary or a mysterious, distant (emphasis on the distant) presence, maybe, but as a lead, there's barely anything there, especially because the side characters have slowly turned into an amorphous mass of "Who's this again?" I've seen brocon elements in plenty of other anime, but those at least had comedy, drama, denial, etc. keeping them from just being there.

Next arc is
a full on war

Don't worry, he'll still be oniisama

cajunator

Banned
I always assumed the "countries" in the show were basically city-states.

That is quite possible. Wouldnt be out of the realm of reality, but not EVERY country like it seems in the show.
Then again, Kino can only stay 3 days so it stands to reason Kino would pick the most representative city to explore.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
SAO II 5

So much time wasting bullshit. So much time spent where nothing ever happens.

Dat reveal at the end though.
Girls are literally stripping off their clothes in front of Kirito. This is as happening as SAO gets.

Mahouka 18

The English-language song they danced to was nice, I guess.

Next Arc is gonna have a lot of action. And the side characters will have a role in this arc.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Mahouka 18

That was a nice conclusion I guess.... The first half was pretty bad but I really liked the latter half with the exception of the dancing bit. What the fuck? Every girl basically wants to dance with the most uninteresting character of all time. The guy is a fucking walking warhead. Whatever.

Hilarious that Jumonji would ship off his own fiance.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kino's journey is one of the greatest examples of how amazingly well written anime can be and what a talented studio can do on a shoestring budget. Its absolutely unforgettable and you have just scratched the surface of its eccentricieties. If you think this is the darkest point of humanity that Kino will observe, you need to keep watching..

Well, Kino's Journey is a good example of why dismissing something because it a Light Novel adaptation may be a bit hazardous.

Midonin

Next Arc is gonna have a lot of action. And the side characters will have a role in this arc.
I hope that means they do things without Tatsuya helping them. And "a lot of action" isn't really a saving factor unless the show makes me somewhat invested in the people in it. It may be too late for the mass of people who are not Tatsuya and Miyuki to become distinct enough for me to enjoy this.

I'm going to finish it because I started it, but this show stumbles on everything except for looking pretty.

That's exactly what my problem is.
That's the exact problem with the show. Honestly this would all be a lot more interesting if he wasn't the lead.

I mean the tension in the show feels more like it comes from "Man how bad is Onii-sama gonna fuck these guys up?" rather than "How is Onii-sama gonna get out of this one!?"

PK Gaming

Toradora 3

BIG HIT COMIN UP, YEA-YEA-YEA &#9834;

Talk about a sweet episode! Main love interests tend to be boring, Kushieda's endlessly entertaining. Forget about being best girl, I think she's straight up the best character on this show.

Log Horizon

Sorry, I meant,...
Database, database~!!&#9835;&#9834;&#9835;&#9834;

(some light spoilers in it)

I saw this. It would have been interesting to write my impressions as I watched the episodes (we could have had some funny moments with it), but I did it mostly on the couch on the big tv not in the computer where I would have written about it in between eps, now I'm lazy to go back and check each ep or write something long or for each ep, so I will write just some general comments.

It starts with an interesting concept, humans trapped in a MMO world, but in a literal sense (unlike SAO, for example), thousands transported to another world, without idea of why or how to get out.

What world is this? Why are they trapped there? Who is behind it? Is the fantasy world a legitimate world and they were teleported to it or it's all a big virtual experience done by... aliens? Magicians? Who knows

For people who likes speculative sci-fi, it can be very interesting.
Using a fantasy/scifi concept and then looking at it through the lens of realism (as the adventurers comes from our real world). What would be happen? One imagine people going crazy and depressed, trying to find a way out, then progressive society would be re-established, as trade, laws are needed, people gravitating in groups with time, etc.

Shamefully, this is just the potential, which isn't fully realized in this anime/LN.
The first 5 episodes in particular are bad, where all the characters, main or otherwise, don't react as real people.
They aren't in SHOCK as they should be, or in denial, I don't see grow men crying, as much you see a few people abated sitting down in the background. The protagonists of course are immune to reacting like normal people. And no one seems worried of being in a fricking videogame nor show real interest or purpose on discovering what the world is and how to return to Earth. In particular, it seems no one cares for their loved ones, nor their family nor their friends. I mean, there should be people who are dad and moms in their real world and miss their children. In all the series there is only a single mention of it, Crusty says he misses his little sister (it HAD to be a little sister, this comes from a LN!).

Or we have Akatsuki that starts "roleplaying" a ninja and calling Shiroe master in the first episode. Yeah, because when you are trapped in an potentially alien world, roleplaying a ninja as if you were in a normal video game is the normal thing. Can anyone slap that idiot?
In fact we have a very weird situation where in all the series, the adventurers somehow choose to go on in their assumed roles and still be "adventurers", warrior and mages, crafters, where are their real selves? The teachers? the housewives, the IT workers, the lawyers, the construction workers, the college students, etc? Everyone seems to have conveniently forgotten their real lives, career, family, etc.

But of course we also have Naotsugu saying "panties!" and then receiving a smack each time and several other characters being animu~! rolling in the ground or being moe or squeeing when they see something cute so clearly my expectatives of the writing are wrong and I shouldn't expect anything realistic or sensible or logic. The plot isn't really "real humans trapped in a MMO world" but "LN/anime characters trapped in a MMO world", if you catch my drift.
Even Shiroe, the main character, is at this point a typical one in Light Novels, another "smart guy with glasses that fight with tactics over brawn". I suppose at this point there is a big entry in tvtropes about the trope. At least I liked when they mention he is an undergraduate engineer in some university, it ties with his analytical ways.
Once admitted that side of the story and all its weak side, it actually has interesting parts and decent writing in there, as we'll see forward.

The first fights are overloaded with infodumps, extraneous explanations that are repeated twice usually (one in the middle of the fight and another in the end as summary, because they really needed to explain what a sleep spell did), and for my tastes they border too much with real MMOs, which I find... limiting. Aggro, cooldown managements, roles in a party, crowd control, it's like seeing a twitch channel of a mmo, jeez. From what I read in other forums some people eat that shit, I suppose because they are MMO players and they like to speculate in the inner workings of this mmo but meh, You have a fight where the final twist was the leader timing well the cooldown for a spell to produce damage almost twice in a row. FFS, how it's the thrilling... it isn't.

Fourth episode has a villainous baddie they have to beat, a totally boring and evil player killer. Eww. I was about to drop the series at this point. But the next day I went on in a whim. Fifth episode is a very transitional one, not a lot happens, in fact the series has a few ones like this one, slow episodes.

Sixth episode (seventh, really) is when the series gets better. A whole lot of social manipulation, a closer examination of how the world works with a strange meld of real life factors and RPG stats, faction vs faction interaction, a smart plot, conflict of interests between various parties and examination of ethics (you can see the powerful guilds knew about what was going on but they wanted the xp pots and they were looking to the other side) and finally some consideration of the situation where they are and a beginning of a true organization as government, the possible need of laws (even if death isn't possible, kidnapping is as they've shown and there are lots of crimes still possible), etc. Here is when I can say the writing start doing interesting, worthwhile things. All mixed with some rescue action.

Next plot is also good, as the "npcs" aren't really npcs and they have their own will, their own factions and society. Diplomatic encounter ensues, with several possible outcomes, from peace to war to everything in between. But here the series show a decidedly languid pace, they are 5 or 6 full episodes in the castle in meetings, balls, and what should do, what they are thinking of us, etc. It's an interesting situation, but it could have been done a little bit faster? In other thread they present us with another party of young adventurers (funny how all the kids have kid characters and adult have adult characters, even if we know it doesn't really have that way, like Akatsuki being in a male character at first or the cat swashbuckler, who I doubt it's a cat in real life, but what did you expect of anime lol). The younglings party present us with the basics of tactics, how friendship form in them, and give us a bit of action, as the main character isn't going to have a lot of that in his narrative thread.

The final part is pretty meh, a pair of almost SoL episodes, and a final small arc where both the situation (a festival!), the problem (people complaining, provoking small attempts of fights, and making petty disputes!), the response ("guards" and clerks trying to solve the disputes) and the solution (throw more bodies to fix the problem!) are all underwhelming as final arc, the only worthwhile part is the revelation at the end, which I won't spoil, of course.

So is the writing good, as a pair of people claimed here? Overall I would say the writing is better than your average anime, but you know, it's still far away of being a really good work, it's well under and far away from a good scifi novel for example. It serves you as a reminder how bad is the average writing in anime is, in a way, lol.

But let's go to the interesting part, the...
shipping_courses.JPG

Because who cares about the writing, what about couples.

The series present us with several obvious ones that in fact there isn't a lot to discuss. Naotsugu with Marie. Crusty with the princess. Rundelhaus Code with Isuzu. Obvious.
Then we have the possible couple of Nyanta and Serara. It would be both paedophile and zoophilic. Kinky. I
'm joking with this, in case you didn't notice.
So we have only the poor lonely Shiroe.
My First candidate would be Henrietta. They go well together and she is hot, in a discreet way.
Marie was a candidate the first episodes but the author chose to ship her to Naotsugu.
My second candidate would be the leader of his previous guild, I think he had a thing for her. I expect her appearing again later in the series?
Third option would be his counterpart, Nureha.
And my negative option would be him with the chibi pet, Akatsuki.
I don't count MInori as I don't see her as a real rival in the harem.

But alas, part of this being a LN/anime is how they touch the part of love, romance and adult relationships: a mix of ignoring it, for jokes, badly, and/or in the most innocent of the ways.

Highlights of the series was their own fictional character making fun of the whole "touches up glasses" doing the gesture without having glasses and how they recruited the adventurers for the goblin battle: with 'mmo female armor' (you know what I mean) and the power of moe.

And this was funny. I started thinking I would write a pair of small paragraphs, not all this. CorvoSol has possessed me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom