• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe their dragonmech technology requires a direct interface between the mech and the pilot's butt. You just can't know man.

::SYSTEM ERROR::
AUTHORIZATION DENIED
BUTT SIZE HAS INCREASED IN 0.26445CM.
PREPARE FOR SHUT DOWN

let's just say its not really practical since their bust and ass grows at an impossible rate every episode.

Flowers of Evil 13

RvKpQxW.jpg

Nakamura's diary is a bit creepy...

There's a lot of flashbacks and then a look at what's going to happen in the future. And another contract gets made.

Hm... It's a very realistic show. It's probably the only anime series I've seen so far that could have been made as a live action show without being that much different.

I don't think I'm getting the correct emotional response at this though. It's supposed to be unsettling and make you uncomfortable, but I didn't really experience that.

It's still somewhat interesting to watch because of the way Kasuga falls deeper and deeper into darkness.

I'm actually fine with the rotoscoping for the most part. I thought the motion blur and held frames were weirder. With those held frames I sometimes thought the video stream had frozen up. :p

Even if the story wasn't something I felt, there's some nice, weirdly disturbing at times, music in the show, especially the ED. The OPs are rather bad IMO, even ruins the mood they set up at the start of the first episode.

I'll give it 3/5 flowers for the unconventionality of it all:
GdJk6tG.png
GdJk6tG.png
GdJk6tG.png
s8KpPiD.png
s8KpPiD.png

Argevollen 1 - 5

First impressions... animation is pretty lacking, same with character designs. All very plain for an anime. The males are literally unnamed and have 0 personality or way to distinguish between them. The females are all cut straight out of any harem scenario. If you want the show to be about a squad why the heck are there so many throw away characters. My guess is they are fodder for death scenes later on. Then I saw the mechs! Is this gonna be like Front Mission was my first thought since I did not look it up for grabbing these. The CG mechs I could let go even though I usually hate it.

.... its not like Front mission.

Turns out it is of course just another generic, hot headed teenage soldier, who never listens to anyone, thinks he is the center of the world, finds an ultra powerful robot in the middle of nowhere #fate.

Yawn. Thought it would be a bit more interesting when the character suddenly realizes he killed a few people, isn't as good as he thought, and his actions endanger everyone around him.

HA

This is generic teenage giant robot anime, fuck that shit! Literally 2 minutes after he realizes it, he goes on a speech about how hes going to use said robot to get revenge on the people who killed his sister and becomes all arrogant and crap all over again. Yeah.... could have done something interesting... of course not. Feels like this show was made just to make it and fill the genre on w/e night this airs, not because someone thought it was good.

Oh and I swear this is based off Valkyria Chronicles. Everything about it screams that games maps if you played it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They'll interweave it around an inspirational story of the young space brothers overcoming the tragedy and keeping their space dreams.
It will actually be about the direct aftermath of that accident, its impact on Hibito, etc.
So more of an "interquel" (lol) than a prequel per se, since for me prequel would imply pre-childhood stuff. I guess seeing them deal with the immediate effect of the tragedy could be interesting. Throw in some Hibito flashbacks and so on.

lol
I guess that is what happens when I don't read the thread!

Nafe

You know, you could always just join Twitter and find him there!

No thanks. For various reasons I'm not interested in and don't want to join Twitter. With that list of firehawk's posted though, I can just read his now from time to time when I think of it.

They did a bunch of games in the 90s really. There are also some regular Macross ones some Gundam Shmups and really a whole bunch. YMMV though.

Probably most of their games made I didn't even know existed really. I just kind of like scrolling shooters and those happened to look kind of fun. It's true though that games can be hit and miss in terms of their entertainment. CAVE usually makes really good ones though or are maybe the best at it.

Should have linked this instead really. Secret base should not be posted lightly.

Yeah, this is firehawk though and we know how much he likes Secret Base,haha.

Glasslip 5
These stylish transitions honestly look great and more than likely will continue to, but the placement of some were just weird. Like this one
40957.png

Yeah, the whole Dezaki style postcard kind of look to some scenes was nice. One I liked was the panning shot with Yanagi standing at the bridge with her umbrella waiting for Yukinari.

That particular shot I'll agree was a little strange. I got a bit of a chuckle how it manages to make a more mundane scene seem all dramatic.

Sword Art Online II - 4

http://i7.minus.com/iLssC72ahCelu.jpg
Oh man, those blatantly ripped-from-Star-Wars sound effects. I hope Disney sues the crap out of them.

So get this, Gun Gale Online has this minigame that NO ONE HAS EVER BEATEN BEFORE. I'm sure you all know where this is going. Kirito has magical dodge abilities and can use the light saber that no one else can, because he's just that good. Also, he's girl now too. Is there anything he can't do?

They should of had Anno do the sound effects or whoever that was again.

It's been the week since I've seen the episode so I could be mistaken but I don't recall that no one else could use the saber but Sinon saying more that no one else wanted to use a saber. It would only be more effective at close range and with the game being a shooter people didn't see much point to it. I guess they don't have games like Halo with its energy sword in the SAO world. That and they're really expensive for whatever reason.
He's also not actually a girl but still a male character who looks really feminine.

Are you watching the show because you find it's so bad it's good or are you watching it just to hate on it?

phaze

Aldnoah.Zero 5

Huh so they do have more than one mecha per castle.

Vers empire is lucky to be in care of an enlightened Emperor who cares for his people. You can just barge into his bedchamber with no invitation whatsoever and he'll still listen you.

You know you have a problem when your ruler doesn't give a shit about his subordinates starting planetary genocide without even bothering to ask for permission. I waited impatiently for some glimpse of the Vers internal politics but this was just poor.

Inahesus is slowly getting on my nerves, his back story better be worth it.

Firemind

You just know the childhood friend/outsider/hipster will pester the country folk and persuade him to go back to the city.

And Tama will have more delusions.

Midonin

Sabagebu 05

I've been trying to figure out how to voice my thoughts, but Momoka strikes me as the female version of Sterling Archer. Someone who's entertaining to watch, but I'm never going to consider her one of the "best" leading ladies or anything like that. It just makes me wonder what the Western fanbase is looking for in their anime. And a lot of that has to do with how she really has nobody to tsukkomi her or tie her down or at least say "Maybe you shouldn't do that." It wouldn't work, but that voice seems to be missing.

At the very least when she looks inside her own mind, not even she can handle herself.

Theonik

No thanks. For various reasons I'm not interested in and don't want to join Twitter. With that list of firehawk's posted though, I can just read his now from time to time when I think of it.
We'll get you yet Nafe. Just you waiiiiit.

Probably most of their games made I didn't even know existed really. I just kind of like scrolling shooters and those happened to look kind of fun. It's true though that games can be hit and miss in terms of their entertainment. CAVE usually makes really good ones though or are maybe the best at it.
The Mazinger game actual runs on Cave 1 hardware! Really I don't blame you though. They were cheap cash-in anime shmups. Nothing to really write home about. They are pretty much clones with an anime skin laid on top so only really worth it if you like the property.
That being said, you might actually be interested in their Sailor Moon Side-scrolling Beat-em-up. It is pretty much a Bare Knuckle 2/Final Fight clone.

That IS true. I just look for opportunities to post that song.

::SYSTEM ERROR::
AUTHORIZATION DENIED
BUTT SIZE HAS INCREASED IN 0.26445CM.
PREPARE FOR SHUT DOWN

let's just say its not really practical since their bust and ass grows at an impossible rate every episode.
Maybe it has butt prediction models. You never know with that sci-fi.

it's been burnt into my sub conscious, I thought of it in less than 1.6 seconds
Worse yet is when I was watching Nadia, the MC has a vehicle resembling it and I was laughing so hard. (or it could be another anime. Steamboy maybe?)

Classic Sunrise.
I was thinking Code Geass when watching this. I REALLY hope they deliver.

Pocahontas and Avatar are chump change.

It's all about Iracema.

Corvo my man, watch Michiko to Hatchin.

This year's combined 36th/37th issue of Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine is announcing on Wednesday that the Ace of Diamond television anime has been extended by another two cours or half a year. The series was initially planned to end after one year in October, but will now end in March 2015.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...iamond-anime-extended-until-march-2015/.77205

fuck yeah

Fuck yeah!
That's good! It would have stopped in a really annoying place if it ended now, but then now it'll got through
a disherteaning plot and a huge ass annoying character, how I hate that guy with his hand glued to his chin
. :)

Yeah

Ojamajo Doremi 17
The teacher is based.

Yes. She is and she'll keep being based.

Dennou Coil 12

In this episode:
An epidemic of beard-growing causes Yasako to become the god of a community of AIs living on her face. This causes the kids to experience the wonder of Civ addiction. Then their faces wage war on each other. It's all very poignant.

Yeah!

This episode is so good.

In other news, Tamayura is getting a finale in movie form. Big screen Junichi Satou.

Four movies with the first one in 2015 spring?

==============================================

Blue Blazes

Rl3pRAi.png
CvYGLw1.jpg

I want more Yano.
Yano is so based. Gallant Char theme for him and three times faster! The whole sequence in the manga club was awesome, and the end with the camera showing Yano bigger than Honoo. Good stuff.

7ROR3TL.png
VtLvnoB.png

:animegaf?
Anno and Honno explaining stuff are the best. That passion. Just...why Tonko-san needs to sound so...dumb.
But I have to love how it starts with Adachi Mitsuru and is so 80's.
37FhEnQ.jpg
k74tccM.png

A3xVM7f.jpg
whfluxJ.jpg

Hahahaha.
and the OP is very good like /XX/ said.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wait wait, but that's Rumiko Takahashi!

????

PK Gaming

Sabagebu! 5

5a was great; the temple shenanigans were fun and it's been a while since we last got see Miou be complete and utter goofball. I also enjoyed 5b, but the subject matter was hella-gross which made it kiiiiinda cringey at times. I seriously bad for Urara... talk about annihilation of the highest degree!

Wasn't feeling 5c all that much, despite the large focus on Momoka. She's a lot more entertaining when she's with fellow club members. I did laugh at a few of the jokes though
like how she transcended good and evil

Kino's Journey 6: Colosseum [part 1]

Damn, Kino went full Gladiator. There wasn't so much a message or meaning to the story this episode (that I could see) besides a story that wanted to be told about barbaric hobbies coming back in this relatively futuristic/modern setting. Cycle of time I suppose.

The animation during some scenes in the battle was pretty well done, this is the first time we get to see just how much of a badass Kino is (besides being drenched in guns that one episode). Just when I thought the story couldn't get better they introduce this badass looking tall guy wh-

oDKh1Cv.jpg

I-Is that a talking dog? A TALKING DOG?!

SA6s0mD.gif

Gonna go ahead and finish part 2, see how this all ends.

Terror In Resonance 4

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

So if I have this right, they released to the public all the info about every police officer working on the case with a "they would have died had this been a real bomb" hence all the 'lol' people had at their failure correct?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh wow, I totally forgot that Outlander was a show. Tell me if this doesn't sound like a reverse harem shoujo?

"Outlander" spans the genres of romance, science fiction, history, and adventure. It follows Claire, a married WWII combat nurse, who mistakenly steps back in time to year 1743 where she is immediately thrown into an unknown world of adventure that sends her on the run and threatens her life. When Claire is forced to marry Jamie, a chivalrous and romantic young Scottish warrior, it ignites a passionate affair that tears Claire’s heart between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives.

mankoto

Terror In Resonance 4

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

So if I have this right, they released to the public all the info about every police officer working on the case with a "they would have died had this been a real bomb" hence all the 'lol' people had at their failure correct?
That and everything they talked about in their meetings. Or at least the slides from them.

BluWacky

Oh wow, I totally forgot that Outlander was a show. Tell me if this doesn't sound like a reverse harem shoujo?

It sounds like one but it really isn't one at all unless they've tried to make it a love triangle in the TV series.
She's stuck in the past and hot for the Scot - her husband in the present doesn't reappear and is dead by the start of the second book. Unless they're making her modern day husband's sadistic gay ancestor hot for her instead in the TV show?

Note - not read the books, just read the Wiki articles a few months ago to work out what this show was about.

Midonin

Akame ga Kill 05

So we have the S&M version of Frozen and another HanaKana character. If I remember my Future Diaries, anyone who speaks of justice in a context like this is only just under a certain definition. She's cute, and she has a little puppy with her, but the next episode preview doesn't bode well. Shelle's backstory was fairly interesting, and I'm not sure who my favorite girl is yet. For me, the lighter tone and comedic moments are the one thing keeping me tethered to this series and preventing it from going into bleak M3 territory. For now.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It has become the anthem of my life!

So anime!
3D = 2D.

It sounds like one but it really isn't one at all unless they've tried to make it a love triangle in the TV series.
She's stuck in the past and hot for the Scot - her husband in the present doesn't reappear and is dead by the start of the second book. Unless they're making her modern day husband's sadistic gay ancestor hot for her instead in the TV show?

Note - not read the books, just read the Wiki articles a few months ago to work out what this show was about.
I guess that's more "realistic"? lol
That description makes it sound like she has two guys chasing after her anyway.

Flowers of Evil 13

I'll give it 3/5 flowers for the unconventionality of it all:
GdJk6tG.png
GdJk6tG.png
GdJk6tG.png
s8KpPiD.png
s8KpPiD.png

Glad you liked it? (?) It's a pretty interesting anime and very unconventional. I'm still not entirely sure what I think of it.

I've been neglecting watching anime and I haven't event started your watchbet. I'm going to see if I can juggle two at once and to catch up to you.

Kino's Journey 7: Colosseum [part 2]

Nothing much to say about this arc. It was entertaining. A story of life, death, revenge and betrayal. Very Hamlet-like feeling, but more than anything it didn't deviate much from many stories in western and eastern tales alike about protagonists being forced to fight in colosseums. This actually made me miss fighting in one in Elder Scrolls games, since Skyrim didn't have one.

Shizu and Riku were pretty awesome characters, have a lot of potential. If this were any other show they would have come along with Kino and Hermes and become part of the regular cast, shame that with 5 episodes left in the anime I doubt they'll make much of a comeback. Again, shame I really liked them. But thems the breaks with Kino. I wonder if we'll ever see how she became so good with guns.

If I had to complain about one thing, it might be how awkward this looked
that body bending

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Akame ga Kill! Episode 5:

This continues to be the perfectly adequate grim dark show of the season but nothing more or less.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
==============================================

Blue Blazes

Yano is so based. Gallant Char theme for him and three times faster! The whole sequence in the manga club was awesome, and the end with the camera showing Yano bigger than Honoo. Good stuff.

Anno and Honno explaining stuff are the best. That passion. Just...why Tonko-san needs to sound so...dumb.
But I have to love how it starts with Adachi Mitsuru and is so 80's.
and the OP is very good like /XX/ said.
I wonder if this is a counterpoint to that manga about Anno's wife and her experience being married to him.

Kino's Journey 7: Colosseum [part 2]

Nothing much to say about this arc. It was entertaining. A story of life, death, revenge and betrayal. Very Hamlet-like feeling, but more than anything it didn't deviate much from many stories in western and eastern tales alike about protagonists being forced to fight in colosseums. This actually made me miss fighting in one in Elder Scrolls games, since Skyrim didn't have one.

Shizu and Riku were pretty awesome characters, have a lot of potential. If this were any other show they would have come along with Kino and Hermes and become part of the regular cast, shame that with 5 episodes left in the anime I doubt they'll make much of a comeback. Again, shame I really liked them. But thems the breaks with Kino. I wonder if we'll ever see how she became so good with guns.

IIRC, you see how good she became with guns in one of the OVAs, it's not shown in the main series.

You probably won't have much to say about episode 8, but the episode after that one....oh man. My favourite episode in the entire show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom