• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT3| where everyone watches doremi for hito

Status
Not open for further replies.
.. episodes running around in circles with Lisa, and, as boring as she was, she didn't ruin the show like Five did with her stupid games and shitty engrish.

Wow have people here really not embraced the glorious beautiful light of engrish? Smh, not appreciating it should call for the death penalty.

Narag

I hope he shows up to law down the lay in a custom Gyan that's just the shield with a Gyan head on top.

law down the lay

TdNYRT6.gif

Principate

Saint Titanfall
You guy ready for a second round of "I am the bone of my sword". I wonder if they'll have Shirou's voice actor do more engrish too.

The golden age of engrish has come the time is now!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You guy ready for a second round of "I am the bone of my sword". I wonder if they'll have Shirou's voice actor do more engrish too.

The golden age of engrish has come the time is now!

Shirou doesn't deliver the lines in English, only Archer.

Banner of the Stars II 8

Lobnas prison planet evac operation. Probably the most intense battle in a space opera show ever.

This show has great characters, especially the eccentric admirals of the Abh empire (disappointing we only see their side of the story, would love to get something from the perspective of the United Mankind alliance too). Grand Duchess Letopanyu Beneej Spoor is the awesomest, she could beat most of the admirals in LoGH.

Abh_Admiral_Spoor_%28Sleep%29.jpg

CorvoSol

The original will always be horrible but if you removed the dumb shields off the new one it might be decent. The Gyan shield is such a stupid weapon. Storing your explosive projectiles in the thing you use to protect yourself, genius.

WELCOME TO SPACENOID MECHA DESIGN ONE OH ONE, I WILL BE YOUR PROFESSOR.

THE OBJECT OF BUILDING A MECH FOR A SPACENOID REVOLUTIONARY GROUP IS TO MAKE SOMETHING LIABLE TO EXPLODE ON ITS FIRST DEPLOYMENT.

REMEMBER, NOTHING WILL FRIGHTEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN LIKE BUBBLETAPE!

Branduil

The other characters sound like native speakers. Just makes Kaji sound even worse when you have them together like that. Did they seriously have nobody that could help him pronounce the words correctly?

By now it should be clear that the answer is always "no."

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
WELCOME TO SPACENOID MECHA DESIGN ONE OH ONE, I WILL BE YOUR PROFESSOR.

THE OBJECT OF BUILDING A MECH FOR A SPACENOID REVOLUTIONARY GROUP IS TO MAKE SOMETHING LIABLE TO EXPLODE ON ITS FIRST DEPLOYMENT.

REMEMBER, NOTHING WILL FRIGHTEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN LIKE BUBBLETAPE!

bubble tape, lol

Pooya

If the character is going to speak English at some point, choose actors that can, it's not that hard. They exist.

Or just get rid of those lines. We can have alien language in Japanese but somehow there is no way around English...

sonicmj1

If the character is going to speak English at some point, choose actors that can, it's not that hard. They exist.

Or just get rid of those lines. We can have alien language in Japanese but somehow there is no way around English...

Maybe they think they're doing a good job.

Lurky

Prisma Illya 8

It started off pretty slow but then got really good. Hopefully the next episode has a lot of fighting in it. I wonder why that guy is looking for the cards though. I mean I know that somehow the cards are supposedly rare and powerful but I just wonder if he has some other motive behind it. Also, I've been noticing much less fanservice in the last few episodes. That might be good or bad depending on whoever is watching. I personally wouldn't mind more fanservice from Illya or her friends. Not the one that always has her eyes closed though. She creeps me out.

mankoto

Re:Hamatora 8

Nice glimpse of the past here. As I thought, she only exists as a plot device which is kind if annoying. She had her five minutes of fame in season one, and that was it. Throughout the series, she seemingly just didn't exist. So throwing her in the spotlight like this just feels like a bad excuse to keep the plot moving forward because they couldn't find another way to do it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Remember when they hired actors who could actually speak Chinese to speak Chinese in Ping Pong?

Yeah, good times.

santeesioux

Speaking of Ping Pong, has anyone seen the live action movie from about 12 years ago? I watched that like a month back not knowing it was based on the same thing as the anime, and later tried to watch the anime and couldn't get into it since i knew everything that happened :(

Captain Earth - 24

This episode was full of "WHAT"

What happenned , captain earth ? did you realise you had plot for 5 episodes and only 2 left ?

Things that should have taken a full episode
-The whole charge for another jump , in the meantime they could have the battle against the champion. I mean it was an intresting premise, the jump didn't get them in the location they wanted, "HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER" and the whole deal with being powerfull , powerless. It was , it would have been much more intresting if they used that moment to showcase a real clash of ideals between the 2 . in the state it was in ep 24 , it was clearly weak.

Something that should have been better forshadowed earlier
Captain%20Earth%20-%2024_01.jpg

Sudden explanation out of nowhere to explain some deus ex machina
I'm not supposed to go " so that's why "when this happenned out of nowhere with no forshadowing except something that could have been "anything".
We're at ep 24 , we still don't know sh*t about livelasters ... and it's kinda bad considering it's the main reason why the team is together , it's the main reason why those 4 characters are travelling in space in order to protect earth. Some explanations should have been given. They gave some but it wasn't nearly enough ,all they did was to give me more justification for the mess they are in , not why the entire earth part of the plot was so full of plot holes.

Things that should have taken a full episode -part 2
Captain%20Earth%20-%2024_02.jpg

Panzer vor !!! wait wrong anime !
The assault on the cocoon was way too short I mean it's the base of operations and it's guarded by only generic drones ? NOt only it's unnattural ( especially after the previous fight ) but it could have been the way to showcase a cool moment. you had 2 mechas + 1 ship , what's so hard to put another ennemy in front of the base . it would have given more tension , more mecha scenes ..heck it would have been cool , especially since...

Things that was kinda unnecessary
Well since seiren - sama had phoenix down in her inventory !
2 people lost their ego block and that was the 2 people with the most conflicted mindset of the kiltgangs. Another wasted opportunity to do something with the character by ressurecting it so fast ...how many minutes had passed since his death and revival ? Makes the entire setup- nonsensical.

Things that was kinda unnecessary - part 2
Negociations ? they travelled across the galaxy to kill you and you want to negociate ? After you tried to lock him in his dream ? Loool EVEN the true bad guy agree that this was a waste of time.

Things that EVERYONE SAW COMING
Captain%20Earth%20-%2016_01.jpg

It was obvious...since episode 6
Puck does -------- lie.
>Seriously , puck betrayal was seen miles away . and look i CAN KILL you !!
WTF ... at least that clusterfuck of a fight is over..
As for puck i can only hope that he dies by the hand of that OL that he left behind in that office building.. it would be funny ..but i bet the writter forgot about her too , since that serie was trully full of missed opportunities ( like teppei human dad ? Did youforgot about him ? seems like the writters have forgotten too )

Off to see episode 25 .. i expect to be disapointed.

mankoto

Re:Hamatora 9
Ironically after I make the complaint that Hajime isn't involved in the show, she involves herself in the play the crew decides to do, go figure.

Meanwhile on the flip side, Art and his gang are just about ready to start a revolution.

Glasslip 12

This show is fucking dumb. The direction is crap and so is the script. I shake my head at this.

True Tears was a million times better and it was an average show. Now I don't even want to see the final episode. What a dumb show.

Lurky

Prisma Illya 9

It looks like this is the climax of the show. The episode was one long fight and we even got to see more Illya fanservice. I really liked it except for the shitty CG parts. I really thought that
the card Illya picked up would be berserker.
I guess that they're saving that for later though. :\ I hope the finale is awesome too.

Crocodile

Maybe they think they're doing a good job.

5 seconds on the internet should tell them they are not :p

I have no idea why they seem to give no shits more often than not about getting foreign languages right. Even just as a matter of personal pride I think they would want to do as good a job as possible :/

Syrinx

Ranma 1/2 46

Officially skipping every single Happosai episode. They're all awful. Why did I even continue to give them a chance? And the show trolls all the time with teasing him leaving and then having him come back to everyone's dismay.

Captain Earth - 25

One thing to note is that this episode didn't feel rushed like the previous one.

Now , between
the deus ex machina telepatic kisses , the sudden reversal of amarok and hana-puck
i feel like it's over ... and i say "finally"

Captain%20Earth%20-%2025_01.jpg

Someone has finally said it
Someone finally told everyone that puck lies !!! That could be a earth shaterring moment if that wasn't a giant robot shattering moment already. Puck plan with all those schemes certainly had way too much unknows. I mean , if you're so sure of your plan and EVEN if you take care of the boosted gear. why again weren't at least trying to take care of the livlasters the source of the infinite energy ?You might answer : "so he can try to use that energy for himself with hana body " but that's something you can do with hana alone.
For all this talk of "libido" and "desire" he sure missed the "human emotion " part.

Captain%20Earth%20-%2025_02.jpg

Obviously refers to direction the story took with the forced drama that was used.

The episode itself was ok , the rush animation was great but considering just HOW MUCH they saved on animation already in the previous episodes that was expected.
Everything is by the books , predictable ... Not boring , but not entertaining.
Captain earth saved the day , alone ... what of teppei and akari ? what of the orbit bases ? what of the other factions ? Pfffffffffttttt

Captain earth was not bad but it certainly wasn't great.
There was some themes that were nicely used but they didn't go all the way they could have used with some characters. The kilt gangs , despite having seen their POV several times felt unevenly devellopped to the point that the reversal in the final episode doesn't work in my eyes. ( even if they keep the more capable for this )

There are still sooo many questions unanswered it's not even funny. not to mention the sheer amount of characters that weren't used to their full capacity.
Captain%20Earth%20-%2025_03.jpg

There is a proper time and place to ask those questions you know

I'm still writing this and i feel like captain earth dropped the ball on some many things.
After being in awe at the super EXTRA long transformation scene for the mecha it was really a bummer to see it used so many times.In the end they started building many of the cast but here i am at ep 25 and not even half of it is properly devellopped. The only thing that i expected was puck betrayal but that was because it was SO obvious that if it didn't happen it would have been a total letdown. Aside from the transformation and that ep 25 final rush toward the blume, most of captain earth was average on the mecha side. The human side of the show was actually more consistent.

Going back to the characters , the machine goodfellow part of the plot could have been much improved.

The music was alright, the sound effects were fine.

-Graphics : 6/10
-Music : 8/10
-Story : 4/10
-Characters : 8/10
Overall : 6.5/10 AVERAGE

R_thanatos does not lie

fertygo

I don't get why Japanese is so bad with english.

- They had history with english speaking country.
- they're not poor and teaching the language in education.

And yet compared to country like Thailand or Indonesia they had big trouble with the language. At least when they use english in TV/Movie they not embarrassing.

Steins;Gate - 3

YisaBhp.png

Why'd you name her that? So you could give her your love, your anger, and all of your sorrow?

Plot is beginning to thicken quite a bit. Now we're delving in the topics of mini-black holes and particle accelerators.

I do hope these chatroom sequences get some explanation sooner or later. If anything has confused me so far, it's these. Though I'm probably sure I'll meet this John Titor guy at one point or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom