• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT3| where everyone watches doremi for hito

Status
Not open for further replies.

mankoto

Zankyou no Terror 11 END
There's really a lot to say here. But to keep it short, this was one of the stronger episodes. Every part of it had a purpose and fulfilled it.

As for the series as a whole, it started strong, but the moment Five came along, the show felt sort of weak. It's fine that we got a character could outplay Nine, but with the way Five played that role, it just didn't fit. It would've been better if Shibazaki went from trying to understand the riddles to completely outsmarting them while connecting the dots in between.

Link Man

Banned
So I've been watching Korra Season 3 (up to episode 6), and the fight choreography is something else. Puts a lot of anime to shame. I can't wait to own the blurays, so I can see them without the scene freezing every couple of minutes (stupid Nickelodeon web player).

I think that them being overpowered is MUCH partof the appeal.A's went so far in that direction , they tried to pass the torch in "strikers"

On that aspect , it should be good when vivid get introduced.
Yeah, the overpowered characters is definitely one of the better things about the series! And that's exactly one of the main reasons Strikers was so disappointing, those stupid limiters ruined everything... that and "well Nanoha got hurt in the past and can't fight as much as before". No! That's taking away like the whole reason to watch the show...

Don't worry the end of 2wei has something BETTER
The end of 2wei is definitely crazy and unexpected, and leads to the fairly interesting 3rei too.

But everybody already loves shirou the only way this might change IF and only if
someone use some holy grail power to give one shirou to each heroine.
Thats...
actually possible, I guess.

Wow that makes sound like something really awesome happens. You guys had better not be getting my hopes up for nothing. D:
We aren't... so long as they make a 3rei anime too, of course.

Rin just doesn't know she's into girls.
I like this theory. They should go with that! :) It actually would fit great, at least for the Fate/Kaleid version of her character.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I like this theory. They should go with that! :) It actually would fit great, at least for the Fate/Kaleid version of her character.

....that's not a theory.

For reasons related to PLOT, in the Fate route, Saber, Rin and Shirou have a threesome in which Rin says "I didn't know I was into girls."

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's okay because it was plot-justified due to their need for prana.

Despite the fact that Rin was not actually involved in the mana transfer.

Speaking of mana transfer, I wonder if ufotable's planning on reusing the dolphin in the UBW adaptation.

Zankyou no Terror - 11 [Finale]

Well, this certainly is a climax of stupidity. The plot and characters just don't make any fucking sense. What themes was the director/studio even trying to convey with this nonsense of a story? It feels like the show's trying really hard to deliver some kind of message with this episode but everything's just so dumb under scrutiny and the narrative so muddled by now that I can't even say what kind of message they wanted to deliver (although I'm pretty sure they failed doing so whatever it is).

After last episode I was really wondering where the fuck this show would go with its final episode and as it seems, rightfully so.

What a disappointment. I wasn't even looking forward this show a lot but the early episodes started somewhat strong before it got steadily worse.

I did like the soundtrack though and it had occasionally strong direction; episode 9 in particular really stood out with its Ferris wheel scenes.

Angry Grimace

Wow, I did not notice that when I watched it. Maybe because it's such a horrible scene. I hope that it makes it into the upcoming anime. lol

My guess is they won't and they'll just stop short of the jackhammering.

....that's not a theory.

For reasons related to PLOT, in the Fate route, Saber, Rin and Shirou have a threesome in which Rin says "I didn't know I was into girls."

Oh right, that scene. I'd somehow forgotten about it... I haven't played the game (visual novels are NOT fun), but I do know of it. I somehow thought that she was only involved because Saber needed prana, though, and Shirou didn't know what to do because he's totally useless as usual.

So is she bi, or does she just think she likes Shirou?

Angry Grimace

So we can't expect any more dragons or dolphins? :(

Having read the original VN, I can tell you the original scene is about 10 billion times more awkward than the dolphins.

Oh right, that scene. I'd somehow forgotten about it... I haven't played the game (visual novels are NOT fun), but I do know of it. I somehow thought that she was only involved because Saber needed prana, though, and Shirou didn't know what to do because he's totally useless as usual.

So is she bi, or does she just think she likes Shirou?

I mean, Rin is hot for Shirou in every incarnation of Fate/stay Night including every route and all the spin-off material.

Lurky

Having read the original VN, I can tell you the original scene is about 10 billion times more awkward than the dolphins..

I don't think I ever got that far into the VNs. At some point I got really bored and just decided to google up some doujins. Plus, no Illya route made me sad. =[

Angry Grimace

I don't think I ever got that far into the VNs. At some point I got really bored and just decided to google up some doujins. Plus, no Illya route made me sad. =[

Its best to just pretend the dolphin scene is what happened.
Basically, Rin tells Shirou to be gentle with her because its her first time, but instead he just jackhammers her and ignores her tears.

:nasu:

You know I'm pretty sad that there isn't any Tokyo Ghoul today. Even if it was disappointing it was still entertaining. Man one day I sure as hell would want the Shachi fight scene in the manga animated.

Angry Grimace

I'm not sure if that's worse or better. lol

The intent of the VN scene was apparently supposed to be
"Rin is in a tsundere in bed" but the effect was more like "Shirou is a crazy rapist." The only reason you don't reach the latter conclusion is that neither party acts like this was a particularly significant event. She just tells him he's kind of a dick and that's it.

Yes, I just seriously analyzed a F/SN sex scene.

So I've been watching Korra Season 3 (up to episode 6), and the fight choreography is something else. Puts a lot of anime to shame. I can't wait to own the blurays, so I can see them without the scene freezing every couple of minutes (stupid Nickelodeon web player).

to be fair, it's based off martial arts and has strict rules, while a lot of anime is shit flying everywhere.

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun END - What a fantastic show. The relationship between Chiyo and Nozaki is hilarious even though Nozaki doesn't have any particularly redeeming qualities. Its hilarious to see Chiyo enamored over Nozaki despite the fact that Nozaki's kind of slow, dimwitted, aloof, oblivious, and generally unable to express emotion. But at the same time, he's kind of a baller. Wasn't even disappointed at the end. I think any other ending would have felt out of place.

Baby Steps 1-9 - Burned through a lot of this today while working. Enjoying it so far, though fairly predictable. Its pretty obvious that tennis is going to impact Eiichiro's school/home life and he's gonna have some crisis that he'll work through that'll end with him remembering that he's playing tennis because its fun, yadda yadda yadda. Also, I don't like his fucking rooster haircut. That bother's me. What I do like is the inevitable tension with Sasaki. She's clearly taken an interested in the rippling, tennis-built biceps of Rooster Hair-kun, and I hope she'll a exciting little love triangle.

Lurky

The intent of the VN scene was apparently supposed to be
"Rin is in a tsundere in bed" but the effect was more like "Shirou is a crazy rapist." The only reason you don't reach the latter conclusion is that neither party acts like this was a particularly significant event. She just tells him he's kind of a dick and that's it.

Yes, I just seriously analyzed a F/SN sex scene.

Well sex scenes are always very interesting to analyze. It's why I keep up with hentai more often than normal anime. That plus the fact that they only come out once a month.

Quasar

Glasslip 13 - That was definitely not the ending I expected. And thinking back to before the show started, definitely not the show I expected. It really is the seinfeld of anime. Even now so much of the visions part of the story are unexplained.

Glasslip End

Loved the previous episode for the Kakeru stuff and then this episode was a pretty good closing. Glasslip may have started off boring but by the end it was a really nice friendly story between friends and some moments of drifting apart once a new person enters. Kind of wish things had turned out differently in the end but well that would have been a bit unrealistic. Still
I imagine Kakeru will meet back up with them someday. Kind of teared up when he was like he would be leaving but didnt say it officially.

8/10.

Articalys

Glasslip

Cannot believe I wasted so much time on this show. The warning signs were all in place early on and yet I didn't listen. It wasn't even a hatewatch by the end of it, just struggling forward vainly wishing there would be a resolution to everything.

I'm going to have to be much more proactive in pulling the drop trigger on shows in the future.

Lurky

Prisma Illya 6

Well the first half was about as good as I expected. But then Illya with boobs came. =[
Pretty good end though! Now there are two Illyas for shiro to drool over (or maybe just me still). I wonder what they'll be doing for the next 4 episodes though... I get the feeling that it'll probably just be fanservice while they do all the things that Kuro wants.

jgminto

What will it take for the Gyan to warm your cold heart?

The original will always be horrible but if you removed the dumb shields off the new one it might be decent. The Gyan shield is such a stupid weapon. Storing your explosive projectiles in the thing you use to protect yourself, genius.

Narag

You can't just sneak this in at the bottom of the page! What a comprehensive and well thought out write-up.

Anyway, I basically agree with everything you've said. Even with my significant reservations about fairly lengthy section of the Chimera ant arc the series, as a whole, its a great achievement. The consistency of both the story and the production is what makes Hunter x Hunter (2011) such an unusual beast.

I still wish it was about 20 episodes shorter, but that won't stop me from recommending it to others.

It went a little long and I thought that'd be the least intrusive place to put it! You're right about the episode count though. Drop the two recap eps, tighten up the Nen exposition in the Tower arc, and do something, anything, to compress the assault somehow (and to a lesser extent the election) and you'd have a winner from start to finish.

This part almost made me drop the show. The whole Chimera Ant arc suffers from exposition-overdose, but then it goes on to teach about the horrors of war in the most Hideo Kojima-esque fashion and then I have to wonder whether they were trying to do satire or what.

I'm glad I kept up with it though. The end of that arc doesn't exculpate the awful pacing, but it's worth watching it in itself at least.

I didn't even mind it at first. Then they brought it up again. Then again. Like everything else in this arc, you were slowly beat to death with it.

Narag

The original will always be horrible but if you removed the dumb shields off the new one it might be decent. The Gyan shield is such a stupid weapon. Storing your explosive projectiles in the thing you use to protect yourself, genius.

I hope he shows up to law down the lay in a custom Gyan that's just the shield with a Gyan head on top.

Are ya'll trying to get my hopes up to crush it again?
Dunno

All i know is that i'm playing danganronpa 2 ATM.

:p

Its so upbeat and adorable. Nothing is taken too seriously and it has SO MUCH MOFUWA. Did you watch the second season yet?
One of those shows i LOVE but i can't tell why i love it in words... i just love it.

I strongly urge you to reconsider Max Heart. It is HORRIBLE. Like not just bad or poorly written, or simply boring, its HORRIBLE. If you insist on going that route its up to you but you might drink yourself into a stupor over it.

One should just skip max heart and go to splash star.
Splash star is a great season

Fireblend

Banned
Terror in Resonance 11 / End

So... that happened. I agree with pretty much everything that's been said. Tons of wasted potential here, and I'm blaming the Five side-story the most. At least they didn't spend whole episodes running around in circles with Lisa, and, as boring as she was, she didn't ruin the show like Five did with her stupid games and shitty engrish. There were way, way better ways to use the show's time than to bother with that character's existence. Ugh.

Fuck you, Five.

Lurky

Prisma Illya 7

That might be one of the best ways to wake up ever. So jealous... I hate you so much, Shirou. Just... So much. The second half of the episode is a bit cringe-worthy though. Especially the part with the hair. Ugh. Well at least it ends on a good note. I hope Illya resupplies Kuro with mana soon. hehehehe.... *drool*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom