• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Working!!! 04

Thus continues the Working tradition of everyone being a bumbling idiot when it comes to anything romance.

Rokka of the 6 Flowers or whatever it's called:

Wish I wasn't spoiled on this series and didn't know who the fake was. Ugh. At least we finally have our full main cast now. The CG fiends continue to be hard to look at.

Shimoneta 4

image.jpg1_zpspovoovvo.jpg

image.jpg2_zps3uqiv2m0.jpg

This fucking anime, Sweet Jesus! Holy shit Anna had a complete 180 change in character. She's acting lewd but the best part is she doesn't even know what lewd is because of how strict society is with sexuality. She's pretty much an innocent child at this point. Truly best girl.

To think this anime would even top Prison School in lewdness lol.

Charlotte 4

I actually liked this episode a lot. I can kinda see how some other people wouldn't be into it, but I thought it was good. Still, can't wait to see this twist that we were promised.

Rokka no Yuusha 4

I have this feeling like I know who the traitor is but I could be wrong. Hmmmmm.

Prison School 3

Still great seeing this animated, but the fast pacing really kind of screwed this up. The deliberate pacing and buildup in the manga really helped make
Gakuto's shit scene
far more shocking and tense and the first real "HOLY SHIT" moment in the series. Here, it just doesn't have the same effect.

Cornbread78

I'm not going to marathon 9 episodes at a time. It's not how I tend to watch shows.

Understandable; ever one is different. This show is a little different though. The effect you get from watching them all at once is incredible. For me, I couldn't stop, there was no way I was gonna pull out once I was into it. The feels were too high at that point. Granted, everyone has their own emotional responses to what they watch, but some if those episodes in that final run are just incredible, incredible, incredible. Well, some will still pass it off because it is Key, but, but, but... man.

Prison School 3

Still great seeing this animated, but the fast pacing really kind of screwed this up. The deliberate pacing and buildup in the manga really helped make
Gakuto's shit scene
far more shocking and tense and the first real "HOLY SHIT" moment in the series. Here, it just doesn't have the same effect.

I guess this is one of those cases where I'm glad I didn't read the manga, so I don't notice that stuff.

I love sophomoric humor, so that shower scene and splat sound scene had me rolling. Sooo funny.

fertygo

Its kinda hard to not skim-read Prison School with its lack of dialogue and big-ass panel, so the fast pacing didn't bother me either and I can understand the staff decision..

Squishy3

prepare for some QUALITY since you're not watching the BD versions that are on crunchyroll even for free users and just not in HD

unless you pulled that screenshot off of google

prepare for some QUALITY since you're not watching the BD versions that are on crunchyroll even for free users and just not in HD

unless you pulled that screenshot off of google

Watching the series on Crunchyroll. (I have a subscription)

Image was pulled off Google. :p

Sterok

Aikatsu 33

Mizuki makes sure her buddies are hardcore. Though I guess idols are used to life threatening stunts. That's one way to introduce red girl. By parachute in the middle of a competition. I knew she was going to be good.

Michiko and Hatchin 05

Yeah I can kind of see why this never got super popular, even in the west. It's still mostly running on the uniqueness of the settings, designs and characters for right now. The stories aren't doing much for me, either. It's alright, I like Hatchin.

Game of Laplace 3

Oh what the fuck, are all of Ranpo's works this twisted? And the way this is presented is damn surreal, and I'm not sure if it's in a good way or not. I won't say the characters are nonchalant about some of these incredibly fucked up scenarios (outside of the protagonist who is very clearly a sociopath), but it definitely doesn't feel like they're giving them the correct amount of weight, and that's damn jarring to me.

Jintor

SHIROBAKO 01

when you bastards said this was good I didn't think it'd be this good

genericcharacter designs aside the direction and background art are a real treat, as is the sensation of working in a japanese office environment (albiet with more initial d rushing to get keyframes)

cajunator

Banned
Good VA for him.

Gonna fit nicely when all the
suffering
happens later.

Can't really say nobody when she's the second most popular character in the entire series behind only Soma himself.

I suppose I just dont understand why. Shes not cute, hot, fun, a good person, nice to Soma or anyone, her hair sucks, and Alice outdoes her. I mean like what redeeming qualities does she even have?

Saudades

SHIROBAKO 01

when you bastards said this was good I didn't think it'd be this good

genericcharacter designs aside the direction and background art are a real treat, as is the sensation of working in a japanese office environment (albiet with more initial d rushing to get keyframes)

I just finished watching this series and yeah, it gets really good.
The Japanese office environment aside, getting to know the process of making an anime is educational for for me. Watching Shirobako gives me some new respect for anime creators, especially the people working behind the scenes to make it happen (also how the failures and disasters in anime all have stories behind them that we may not know).
Wish I was watching it while it aired so I could see someone point out all the VA/staff references (I'm sure I missed most).

though at my standard rate of anime watching that will be in about six months or so i guess. i mean it's been a year or two and i still haven't finished jojos s1 lol

You can do what I did and just spend an hour of lunch to watch an ep or 2. Got through the series in only 2 weeks!

Quasar

I suppose I just dont understand why. Shes not cute, hot, fun, a good person, nice to Soma or anyone, her hair sucks, and Alice outdoes her. I mean like what redeeming qualities does she even have?

Her ojou-sama nature (but I have a thing for that archetype) was endearing to me from the start. Add to that her tsundereness. Really like her character design too. Aside from I guess Hinako, she's probably my favouite.

Shimoneta 4

Wow Anna broke sooner than I expected. Goodness me.

One thing I don't understand was what was the original plan Kajo had that involved sticking that piece of paper on Okuma's door?

I can't believe I never noticed that silhouette in the ED is Anna. In retrospect that hairband made it really obvious.

Saprol

Shimoneta 4

Wow Anna broke sooner than I expected. Goodness me.

One thing I don't understand was what was the original plan Kajo had that involved sticking that piece of paper on Okuma's door?
I thought it was the same plan but she wasn't expecting it to happen before arriving.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Prisma Illya - 06

aYlyg74.png

HOLY SHIT

Archer should've been a female from the start. Don't care about how that would complicate Shirou's nonsense as that's irrelevant. ( --- 3 -- )

Don't blame you. Even when author tries to mellow Erina out in the manga, she's still terrible. The damage is already done. I mean some say she has a great character design but all I see is a crab.

Then again Tsunderes are really popular even though most to me are shit with some exceptions. Yeah pretty much Alice is the better Nakiri.

Rokka No Yuusha 4

Oh god that rotating camera scene was nauseating. It's the worst thing for my stomach since the opening of Girls und Panzer.

cajunator

Banned
Don't blame you. Even when author tries to mellow Erina out in the manga, she's still terrible. The damage is already done. I mean some say she has a great character design but all I see is a crab.

Then again Tsunderes are really popular even though most to me are shit with some exceptions. Yeah pretty much Alice is the better Nakiri.

ALice is definitely better. SO many of the girls are. I guess if somebody REALLY likes tsunderes they can tolerate Erina but damn tsunderes are so played out.
If someone really acted like a tsundere it would be the most aggravating shit ever.

There you go. My lily sense is tingling! *cue Spider-Man theme*

I'll get on that. Thanks for the heads up.

Best sense!

ALice is definitely better. SO many of the girls are. I guess if somebody REALLY likes tsunderes they can tolerate Erina but damn tsunderes are so played out.
If someone really acted like a tsundere it would be the most aggravating shit ever.

Best sense!

I know I wouldn't want a tsundere especially if they are extreme in my life.

Rainy

Banned
Bikini Warriors 3

lmao thank god this show is only 4 minutes.

And to add to the current discussion, I love tsunderes. That's all.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Ninja Slayer 15
Amnesia-san tragic love story. With that kind of BAZONGA, i don't think she could use bow, but here it is. Also, origami letter with ninja speed.
Ending song by TK from Ling Toshite Shigure

Shokugeki no Soma 16

Soma dad is the boss. Ah, they're going to do karaage arc after all.
Forgot to mention that the ending make this anime look like a yuri anime with Erina and Hisoko as the main characters

Prison School 3

Gakuto is the most chivalrous bro of all time. I laugh so much during "that" scene.
Tears were shed for chairman booty collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom