• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news and bad news of God Eater anime today:

Good news is episode aired.
Bad news is next week will be another extra, episode 4 will be 2 weeks later lol.
Come on Ufotable.

John Blade

The Macross Plus movie is bad. The re-editing turns the plot and character arcs into an incoherent muddle.

I think both the OVA and movie have it's strength and weakness. I think the OVA is good at introduce the character in the show and develop them much better while at the same time develop the story a bit better than the movie. For the movie, it did well in fixing some issue I have in the show while add additional stuff to make some of the scene even more beautiful or help develop it. Also, it fix the ending of the show which I feel like it's missing something there.

I guess it might be better to watch both but if you stick with one, I guess the movie will a bit better as it streamline the story but you loose the development of the character. The OVA if you want to see the character to develop much better.

Articalys

Prisma Illya - 07

And just think, these weren't even the screens that I wanted to post.
cHUhaQS.png
Seriously, how the hell were you not watching this show up until now?

(And how was Mikagura, anyway? One of those things I had some interest in but kept on the backburner for my new "marathon everything" policy)

duckroll

Bad news is next week will be another extra, episode 4 will be 2 weeks later lol.
Come on Ufotable.

Not sure why you're surprised. Before the series started they already announced that there would be multiple God Eater Extra segments throughout the broadcast, because of production delays. They warned everyone! :p

Not sure why you're surprised. Before the series started they already announced that there would be multiple God Eater Extra segments throughout the broadcast, because of production delays. They warned everyone! :p

Didn't expect that fast, so 1(the one before episode 1 air)+3 extra i guess lol.

God Eater 03
Dem Alisa's underboob.
And...what is this scene trying to do?
3jFqWJm.jpg

Cornbread78

Firehawk and Jarmel bringin' the hardcore analysis of Shimoneta this morning. Good stuff guys. It's amazing how much you can pull out from that episode with all the little details and ideals they put into the show. I started watching it because the premise of the show itself sounded good, but the show has exceeded expectations. It's been a really original and fun/funny watch so far.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
You ain't seen shit yet, brother.

That's great news!

The way they gave illya that maid fetish and how they justified it , was glorious..
I'm still laughing.

It was so good! I need a gif of that switch scene so bad!

It's glorious, isn't it?

It really is. :D

(And how was Mikagura, anyway? One of those things I had some interest in but kept on the backburner for my new "marathon everything" policy)

Was on a semi-hiatus for a bit and it caused me to miss out on a lot of stuff. Mikagura was very enjoyable and Eruna is without a doubt one of my most beloved characters of all time. I'd definitely recommend checking it out.

cajunator

Banned

I was kinda wondering the same. Maybe he didnt realize how :SDBurton it gets?

Saudades

Come on Ufotable.
Damn, Ufo still hasn't recovered? How are they gonna fit the story in the remaining amount of episodes? Hope it doesn't go 'wait for BD for conclusion' like, well, Kekkai Sensen.
The only time I remember Ufo having some notable production problem off the top of my head is that King's Banquet episode in FZ season1, which has some pretty bad quality drop.

Jarmel

Banned
Well an erection has just about nothing to do with consenting though. I don't think you want to imply otherwise but the wording is a bit shoddy imo.

"If the genders had been reversed, this would be a very different scene."

Similarly, I'm not quite sure what you're implying. Do you mean people would feel it were wrong the other way around when switching the roles doesn't matter in actuality. Or are you saying that it would be wrong and should (potentially) be considered rape only the other way round. I'd assume and hope it's the former.

It's obviously not consent but he's also not that unwilling either. He's more in a state of shock than anything else. Many harem leads, think Ichika in IS, act like they literally are eunuchs so I found this slightly refreshing in regards to his reaction.

I'm saying the scene was sexual assault and if a male had done it, it would have been past the point of creepy. It's done in a slightly humorous fashion but things like the music and lighting do remind you how serious it is at the same time.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
S
*snip
tl;dr
Shimoneta has interesting sexual politics and I don't feel bad about liking the show. lol

Shimoneta-4 redux
*snip
So thinking about this show, I feel it's a wonderful satire not only for Japan but also some minor stuff in the US as well.

She leaking down the street. She broke.

Excellent posts,
Also, lol at Ayame being the girl who keep shouting cock, but shock when seeing Tanukichi "seal".

Shimoneta episode 4

Umm, when Anna is walking home at the end,
what's the trail of stuff she's leaving behind?

Ewewewewewewewew!

"Pure love" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Which remind me, she also put it in the envelope...Girl crazy.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
That's great news!

It was so good! I need a gif of that switch scene so bad!

It really is. :D

Was on a semi-hiatus for a bit and it caused me to miss out on a lot of stuff. Mikagura was very enjoyable and Eruna is without a doubt one of my most beloved characters of all time. I'd definitely recommend checking it out.

This explains how you missed out on Re-Kan!

Come on Ufotable.

getting some weird vibes from the production, lol , even with the warnings !

It's obviously not consent but he's also not that unwilling either. He's more in a state of shock than anything else. Many harem leads, think Ichika in IS, act like they literally are eunuchs so I found this slightly refreshing in regards to his reaction.

Ah yeh, that I understand.

I'm saying the scene was sexual assault and if a male had done it, it would have been past the point of creepy. It's done in a slightly humorous fashion but things like the music and lighting do remind you how serious it is at the same time.

This sounds like a pretty clear double standard though.

Steins;Gate 12

I know, I'm probably not supposed to bothered by this, given that this whole time, they've been using
a magical microwave to send things to the past but transferring memories by a phone ? Really ? They were also awfully unconcerned by the sudden inexplicable connection to the SERN.

I did pick up on some more obvious things but boy did that ending came out of nowhere.
Moeka was about the last person I suspected of pulling something like this.
Great episode.

Steins;Gate 13

Am I supposed to believe that during
his first retry, Okabe managed to shake off a band of professional thugs and run back to his apartment that remained unsacked or unsupervised ? That's a big stretch of plausibility.

lol at the result of the second retry. Still no clue who or maybe what Mayuri is. And wtf is up with that clock.

Oh man I remember how I felt while watching these episodes, my reaction to the ending of episode 12 and I think what I typed on here for this episode was
Moeka, you bitch.

Keep watching Phaze, it just gets better from here.

Bojack S2
Better than anything I've watched here since like Ping Pong or around that time. Can't recall when the last truly good show was. Barakamon was good too I guess, but Bojack man. Damn.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Steins;Gate 12

I know, I'm probably not supposed to bothered by this, given that this whole time, they've been using
a magical microwave to send things to the past but transferring memories by a phone ? Really ? They were also awfully unconcerned by the sudden inexplicable connection to the SERN.

I did pick up on some more obvious things but boy did that ending came out of nowhere.
Moeka was about the last person I suspected of pulling something like this.
Great episode.

Steins;Gate 13

Am I supposed to believe that during
his first retry, Okabe managed to shake off a band of professional thugs and run back to his apartment that remained unsacked or unsupervised ? That's a big stretch of plausibility.

lol at the result of the second retry. Still no clue who or maybe what Mayuri is. And wtf is up with that clock.
I take it you didn't think these episodes were anything to tuturu about.

Cornbread78

"If the genders had been reversed, this would be a very different scene.".

Yes, definitely. Welcome to the world of gender rules contradiction. However, in this circumstance, I wouldn't even consider this sexual "rape" because they have no idea what sex truly is. We won't even get into the psychology of rapists, especially serial rapists where it's about power, dominance and violence, not "sex."

In short, Anna is innocent! "Free Anna, Free Anna!"

Oh yea, plus the MC didn't fight back, he loved every second of it... He was just surprised it was happening.

Next level Mysterious Girlfriend X.

LMFAO. So true, lol.

Makikou

So i started and finished Akagi in less than a week. I should probably read the manga..

Also, new avatar acquired.

Any Durarara recommendations here, seeing as Season 2 is going on now?

Arslan Senki 16
I lost it when that horse flew onto the elephant. There was a lot of QUALITY in this episode, including CG soldiers standing completely still in the middle of a battle for several seconds.

It's non-consensual assault, but the thing that excuses Anna is that she is literally not of sound mind because she can't process the hormones rushing through her body. The fact that she doesn't even know what a penis is makes her seem like a child who is playing doctor than a person with a premeditated plan.

It's not like, say, the Louis CK episode where Melissa Leo's character basically rapes Louis in her car.

I think the question is how would the scene be portrayed in the context of the same world if the genders were reversed? A purity-obsessed male character that isn't aware of how to deal with his feelings assaults a somewhat perverted girl (but still relatively pure) that lusts after said male character.

That being said, the scene was NOT portrayed as okay, which I'd say is at least a bit progressive. Still, I can't imagine there would be the same comedic undertones had they been gender-swapped.

Though it's not like male on female almost rape can't have comedic undertones in anime, or even overtones (hell, look at NGNL).

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Prisma Illya - 10 [Season 1 END]

i3BNHFi.png
m7nytL1.png

mj1lWAB.png
ZzqdEZd.png

YURI END ACHEIVED

pPaNuQi.gif

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

This show delivered on all fronts exceptionally. I am so glad I took the time to give this a look. Onwards to the specials, then season two!

kewlmyc

Such a high budget and production values for a monster hunting story. I don't understand....

cajunator

Banned

pPaNuQi.gif

This show delivered on all fronts exceptionally. I am so glad I took the time to give this a look. Onwards to the specials, then season two!

Lol. Still cant believe you havent watched this yet.

Puruzi

Banned

pPaNuQi.gif

You legit are not ready for multiple events in season 2.

Hellraider

Arslan Senki 16
I lost it when that horse flew onto the elephant. There was a lot of QUALITY in this episode, including CG soldiers standing completely still in the middle of a battle for several seconds.

Animation and CG has been a clusterfuck since episode 1. It's a good thing we don't watch it for the action...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom