• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Nisemonogatari 6

Man is Shinobu so splendid especially her behavior with her ha ha. I have to say though I can't be the only one who doesn't like Senjougahara that much. She isn't terrible per se but she's too much of a crazy tsundere for my taste. So she's a bit meh in my eyes.

Karen has ran away and Shinobu is helping Araragi to track her down.

I guess we have to wait till Sunday.😌

Yes. Yes she is.
StOkdsv.jpg

FutureCard Buddyfight!:100 (Hundred) Episode 16 EngDub

I dont see how Drum can resist touching those handlebars on his head. I would be tempted too lol.

Justice Will Prevail is best counterattack.
CLHSxYEWgAA3-nE.jpg

Walpurgis

Banned
Currently watching Naruto. I finally got to episode 321 and oh my god, it's amazing.
Madara Uchiha has been revived and is just DESTROYING everyone. The animation is way better and I feel like anyone can die now. I'm up to 323 right now so I saw the Five Kages Assemble. I felt like they were being wasted in this war but now....just damn. Madara bringing down that meteor was intense. I was sure that Ohnoki was done for. It was so cool to see his bro Gaara raise him up. I love the relationship that they have built and seeing the Kages work together is awesome. I kind of wish we got to see more of the history of the villages and how much they hated each other to emphasise how insane it is that they are working together.

My resolve grew weak during the first 40 episodes of the war with how useless, insignificant and contrived everything was. It started getting really good around episode 300 when Naruto
encountered Itachi and Nagato
but now....just damn. Now I remember why I watched this show in the first place. It's nice to really enjoy Naruto again.

As a side note, am I the only one that remembers that the Sharingan was originally said to have evolved from the Byakugan? It was during the preliminaries of the Chuunin exams, Neji vs Hinata. I obsessed over this as a kid. I guess Kishimoto forgot? :(

And how did Nagato have the Rinnegan without
implantation
?

Currently watching Naruto. I finally got to episode 321 and oh my god, it's amazing.
Madara Uchiha has been revived and is just DESTROYING everyone. The animation is way better and I feel like anyone can die now. I'm up to 323 right now so I saw the Five Kages Assemble. I felt like they were being wasted in this war but now....just damn. Madara bringing down that meteor was intense. I was sure that Ohnoki was done for. It was so cool to see his bro Gaara raise him up. I love the relationship that they have built and seeing the Kages work together is awesome. I kind of wish we got to see more of the history of the villages and how much they hated each other to emphasise how insane it is that they are working together.

My resolve grew weak during the first 40 episodes of the war with how useless, insignificant and contrived everything was. It started getting really good around episode 300 when Naruto
encountered Itachi and Nagato
but now....just damn. Now I remember why I watched this show in the first place. It's nice to really enjoy Naruto again.

As a side note, am I the only one that remembers that the Sharingan was originally said to have evolved from the Byakugan? It was during the preliminaries of the Chuunin exams, Neji vs Hinata. I obsessed over this as a kid. I guess Kishimoto forgot? :(

And how did Nagato have the Rinnegan without
implantation
?

Madara's dance was so good

He's a bully and to top it off he smokes in the restaurant. Back room or not, that shit wouldn't go unnoticed over here, mhm.

We're talking about sanity, not your character preferences. He's the head cook, shy, but also direct and a bit of an introvert who likes a girl that won't shut up about her girl crush but he listens intently because he cares for her.

Yamada lives in her own little yamada world where everybody loves her and she's extremely lazy yet expects praise and wants two random strangers to be her parents.

Sorry but smoking is not a quirk that makes you less sane.

edit: in fact both of the kitchen staff are the most sane members of the restaurant, random server lady who never gets screen time aside.

JulianImp

Nisemonogatari 7

He's pretty much the best thing about this episode.

I'd avatar quote myself, but yeah, based Kaiki.

Edit: By the way, do any figures of him exist? I never came across any of them while I was looking around figure shops, even though there were many static ones of the series' girls.

We're talking about sanity, not your character preferences. He's the head cook, shy, but also direct and a bit of an introvert who likes a girl that won't shut up about her girl crush but he listens intently because he cares for her.

Yamada lives in her own little yamada world where everybody loves her and she's extremely lazy yet expects praise and wants two random strangers to be her parents.

Sorry but smoking is not a quirk that makes you less sane.

edit: in fact both of the kitchen staff are the most sane members of the restaurant, random server lady who never gets screen time aside.

It was a joke lol. He's supposed to be the normal guy, quiet and timid. Now the other one I wouldn't say is normal. We are yet to know how he manages to get all the info on everyone ahaha. Plus the photos that he takes of people at "opportune" times lol. The "normal" servant isn't normal at all due to her fixation of being "normal" lol. I wish she got more screen time. She does appear more this season actually.

It was a joke lol. He's supposed to be the normal guy, quiet and timid. Now the other one I wouldn't say is normal. We are yet to know how he manages to get all the info on everyone ahaha. Plus the photos that he takes of people at "opportune" times lol. The "normal" servant isn't normal at all due to her fixation of being "normal" lol. I wish she got more screen time. She does appear more this season actually.

I just know her as Normaly

Fuckk yesss.

Now all that teasing and set up in the Space Battleship Yamato 2199: Odyssey of the Celestial Ark will actually get a chance to pay off!

I can't wait to have another awkward season of nobody
saying how they're watching the show

Ore Monogatari 17

Damn that's awesome. This show really does push guys who normally wouldn't get girls in anime getting them interested.
Now Afro friend has a girlfriend. But they already kissed. Takeo and Yamato you gotta catch up

The song that plays when she's hanging from the ceiling.

The sounds she makes when rubbing her body over Darling

Her voice that fits her perfectly.

That increase of volume for DAT ASS.

YG8iF0G.gif

Best girl getting the best treatment.

Not perfect though, since they made the error of coloring her mouth red instead of blue.

Hopefully that's fixed in the BD's.

Kudos to Lerche for playing with the censorship by making Cerea's fingernails appear as nipples.

And for making the effort to make more of those cute pictures of Miia and Cerea envisioning themselves with their daughters.

Szadek

Revolutionary Girl Utena Ep 03-06
Looks like my questions about plot got to wait,because the anime goes down a more slice of life/ comedy route for now.
At least it's ncie tom learn more about the characters.
Utena is great protganist , because she is really strong and kind.
The second most importan character,Anthy is just really weird, but still likeable.
Nanami is right now the only antagonist,but she doesn't do much outisde of being a total bitch.

Phatmac

Gintama goes back to its roots with a funny episode featuring our favorite bum MADAO. It was a pretty funny episode featuring tons of Saint Seiya references. The ED was a neat treat to cap it off. Hopefully they won't get a call from anymore copyright agencies.
tumblr_ns9glnObDB1s9aisro2_500.gif
tumblr_ns9glnObDB1s9aisro3_500.gif
tumblr_ns9glnObDB1s9aisro1_500.gif

cajunator

Banned

YG8iF0G.gif

Not perfect though, since they made the error of coloring her mouth red instead of blue.

Kudos to Lerche for playing with the censorship by making Cerea's fingernails appear as nipples.

And for making the effort to make more of those cute pictures of Miia and Cerea envisioning themselves with their daughters.

This show really is cute beyond belief (but extremely lewd)

NeonZ

The tv version of the newest Gintama episode (as opposed to the stream one) used Saint Seiya's opening and ending themes, rather than the generic ones from Crunchyroll's version.

Ascheroth

Gintama 279 - 282

Holy hell, that was amazing. I'm glad I waited and watched the whole Shinigami arc in one go, so good. Definitely one of the darkest, if not the darkest arc in Gintama so far. I also liked the different style they used sometimes, made for some great screens.

I just love it when Gintama delivers lines like these:

"When people sin and degenerate into demons, the only beings capable of turning them human again at the end are neither demons that take human heads nor Reapers that take their souls, but humans who sever their sins to save their souls."

We're also introduced to what's probably going to be the next 'major villain'. And there's some Takasugi screentime, too!

And then, right after this dark stuff there is a hilarious Madao episode that's probably breaking copyright law left and right. Never change Gintama, never change.

All in all it seems the new staff is finally getting into a good groove after the first few episodes which kinda felt somewhat off. The comedy hit all the right notes this time, even during the serious parts. It was also tense as hell, accompanied by some great music use. Looking forward to next week!

John Blade

Great episode. You see more flashback story for both Aoi and Karou when they're young which help make you realize how strong they relationship bond is even in very difficult time that they're facing. One more episode to go. How it will end this 1st season.

kewlmyc

You do not insult Yamda, she is the only sane person in that restaurant.

You know what....thats kinda true.

A certain blonde smoker would disagree.

Oh my god, you are right.

He's a bully and to top it off he smokes in the restaurant. Back room or not, that shit wouldn't go unnoticed over here, mhm.

The fact that you all forgot Maya is saddening.

mxRpJS8.jpg

Her who schick is that she's the only normal one there.

Phatmac

YG8iF0G.gif

Best girl has arrived!

JulianImp

Non Non Byori Repeat - EP4
Oh, the feels... I really like the way this show is laid-back and easygoing, since it makes for a great watch for whenever I feel like winding down. Everything in it is child-like, but in a cute and endearing way that doesn't feel like it's pandering to moe fans all the time.

Nisemonogatari 8

8308.gif

This smug bastard.

Why the fuck did a game of toothbrush turn into something so sexual? A matter of fact how the fuck can brushing your teeth be full of lust? So this is where toothbrush fetish came from. I won't ever look at brushing my teeth the same way ever again.

I feel like if it weren't for Tsukihi barging in, Araragi and Karen would of touched the forbidden boundary. Seriously holy fuck did the 7 min toothbrush scene feel too goddamn sexual and lewd! It felt like it was going on forever. All this ended up happening because Karen wanted to meet Kanbaru and Araragi wanted to show her the other side of Kanbaru.

Also what the heck happened at the end? Did they go for a second rounder with the toothbrush game or forbidden territory? If that's the case then.......

Anime is trash.
And I still continue to watch it.
😌

JulianImp

Nisemonogatari 8

And that is the reason why I tell anyone I recommend Monogatari to that Nise is particularily iffy... so lewd...

So much for Araragi telling Hanekawa that the only people who lust after little sisters are those who don't have sisters of their own (in Bakemono EP3, I think)...

cajunator

Banned
Nisemonogatari 8

Why the fuck did a game of toothbrush turn into something so sexual? A matter of fact how the fuck can brushing your teeth be full of lust? So this is where toothbrush fetish came from. I won't ever look at brushing my teeth the same way ever again.

I feel like if it weren't for Tsukihi barging in, Araragi and Karen would of touched the forbidden boundary. Seriously holy fuck did the 7 min toothbrush scene feel too goddamn sexual and lewd! It felt like it was going on forever. All this ended up happening because Karen wanted to meet Kanbaru and Araragi wanted to show her the other side of Kanbaru.

Also what the heck happened at the end? Did they go for a second rounder with the toothbrush game or forbidden territory? If that's the case then.......

Anime is trash.
And I still continue to watch it.
😌

AND THERE IS IS YESSSSSSSSSS

Nafe

Cowboy Bebop

-I'll try and mark spoilers but I might miss some, so I'll still warn that reader discretion is advised for those who haven't seen the show-

Despite being around for quite a few years now and being a rather famous anime, even among those who don't really watch anime, I had not actually seen the show until now. I also avoided discussions of it that I saw to avoid spoilers and since I wouldn't have been able to add much anyway. I suppose in retrospect not much would have been spoiled due to its episodic nature aside from the more obvious cases. I also watched the original Japanese but have heard that the English dub is one of the best in anime.

I had heard that many thought or complained about the first episode being "filler". Personally I didn't think so as not everything about a show needs to be explained in its first episode and it still introduces you to the characters, the fact they're bounty hunters and the setting of it being somewhat in the future with space travel.

In the first episode I not only liked the big fight scenes choreography and animation but also the fact that the characters made use of the space and objects within the environment.

I suppose right from the first episode the show almost has an "expect the unexpected" vibe to it how many things play out. That or perhaps it would be more accurate to say "expect the opposite of what seems to be the obvious". In that way the show almost became somewhat predictable in its trying to possibly be unpredictable,haha. It was still interesting to see the details of how things played out though.

From experience of other shows I've seen it seems that director Shinichirou Watanabe really likes different things from Western Culture be it music, film or books. The show very much comes across this way as well in how it's handled. I suppose it's obvious but it often doesn't have a lot of the trappings of a typical anime and often seems to have the direction of something more from that of film.

With the show being around as long as it has I'm sure its been studied fairly extensively already. In that sense it feels like being late to some other well regarded work like Evangelion and pretty much everything has been said. Just like that work though it feels like one really has to watch it a minimum of at least twice to get more of the different references or symbolism. Some could be more directly tied to the show and others could be more just for fun references to a film.

The show can have some interesting visual motifs at times. Again, I'm sure this has already been pointed out, but one thing I immediately noticed was episode 25 and its use of the colour red for example. Right from the first shot of Mars it carries through the episode as seen in the pictures above.

Others were maybe ones I had forgotten about. There's the image of Julia and ripping the letter to pieces.
In other episodes as part of the fallout of Spike's confrontation with Viscous there seems to be this imagery similar to that of things falling around him such as the snow here.
Another more obvious one would be the shattering glass in his first confrontation.

---

I remember madp mentioning having a figure of Faye but his parents or sister wanted him to get rid of it because they thought she dressed too skimpy. Actually seeing her character now and I can see how this maybe spurred on his love for midriffs along with Pokémon's Misty,haha. Speaking of Pokemon, I actually got a bit of a chuckle when she first appeared since her seiyuu is Megumi Hayashibara, who does the voice for Musashi/Jessie in the show. As much as people say they're annoyed sometimes by "fanservice" in anime, Faye did indeed seem to be there to add a bit with her outfits.

Anyway, on the topic of madp, I finally saw the character and episode from where his member name comes from. I can see why he likes the episode and it's really one of my favorite episodes from the show as well. The general premise has been done multiple times since long ago and even the general happenings are rather simple but its execution on the premise is just so well done.

Often an episode will start with the characters going after a bounty or coming across maybe the fallout of one but here you simply have this character that's introduced in a more foreboding manner and there is no bounty and Spike just stumbles across him. For this Mad Pierrot deems he has to die. It was simply the wrong place and the wrong time and this really helps highlight the tension of the episode. Spike is shown having trouble fighting him showing he's a threat, which goes further when suddenly he can seemingly do all these inexplicable things. It just leaves so many questions of how is he doing that? how can he be beaten? just who is this character anyway? It was just really interesting seeing how the episode played out

---

Anyway, I ended up liking the show but it's not my favorite and I don't think it's so good it puts all other anime to shame as some would say,haha.
I didn't think it was that good but an interesting enough and certainly well made show nonetheless.

Durarara!! X2 Ten Episode 4

Varona and co episodes are those that I think work much better in the english dub. I need aniplex to start this up because its so good..

Started reading v1 from yen press...will take me days based on the writing.

JulianImp

Nisemonogatari certainly has a lot of memorable moments (more so than the 1st and 2nd seasons IMO).

Monogatari Second Season was a lot more memorable for me because of the Hachikuji, Nadeko and Kaiki arcs doing interesting things I didn't expect the show to do with those characters. The bad thing about Nise is that people tend to get stuck in the toothbrush scene and avoid the show like the plague, when it's actally really good (and one of my favorites, obviously).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom