• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Blade

Laughing right now at the bath scene. Man...so much big trouble if all the girls found out a Kaoru is in the same bath with the girl.

For Taeko, it's a very touching to see her change a bit from been too shy to a bit stronger when she is with everyone (and mostly to Kaoru). The love crush interest part between Taeko and Kaoru might be interesting but don't think it will go anywhere really. Also, tons of ecchi stuff in this episode mostly in the beginning if you're into those.

Still, a better episode from the previous one.

John Blade

A good episode which is mostly focus on Tina and Kaoru. It look like they is a love interested between them and I think Tina feel like the reason why she didn't manage to get Kaoru heart is her race that keeps Kaoru from wanting her as she's unaware of his relationship with Aoi. I guess this might be the one who will suffer even more in this show as her feeling toward Kaoru will be dash once she found out the full story.

Kinda feel sorry for her a bit. As for the rest of the episode, it's the typical fun stuff you except to see from Tina.

Lain

Shimoneta 4

Another good episode. Seeing Anna go that far was funny, though what made it work for me were Saotome and Tanukichi's reactions to it.
And I'm going to profess my love for Saotome's VA once again. Satomi Arai is so good.

John Blade

Man.. Kaoru somehow manage to get almost all the girl to have a crush with him somehow. I guess a guy can dream for this in real life.

This episode is more focus toward Chika when she stay with the them for finish up her school work. I guess I like the the family aspect of this episode as you can see how everyone cares about each other and toward Chika. Kinda touching.

Other than that, this episode is okay. Nothing crazy to say really.

Defuser

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/myedf/e/e6b2115f210fe2e5690c3c53866eb158

A new season of Yamato 2199 has officially been announced. It's not 2199 though, since it's an actual sequel this time. No title yet. 26 episodes like the first series. Theatrical screening format before TV. Story will be a remake of Farewell Yamato and Yamato 2, mixed together with original stuff. They want to make even more new Yamato stuff after this season ends, 3-4 things in the works. The series will be released later in 2016. Still early.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!

awwyeah8xzjq.jpg

A new season of Yamato 2199 has officially been announced. It's not 2199 though, since it's an actual sequel this time. No title yet. 26 episodes like the first series. Theatrical screening format before TV. Story will be a remake of Farewell Yamato and Yamato 2, mixed together with original stuff. They want to make even more new Yamato stuff after this season ends, 3-4 things in the works. The series will be released later in 2016. Still early.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!

YES

wonzo

Banned
GochiUsa 7-12 END

Hands down one of the very best SoL shows you could watch thanks to its perfect balance of wit, self-awareness, and just a hint of dark comedy which gives a real heart and soul to an otherwise nice and relaxing show. Highly recommended & I'm really looking forward to the next season.

sol rankings

k-on > hidasketch > gochiusa = yuyushiki > kinmoza >>> minami-ke s1

sol mascots

tippy > ume-tentei > ton-chan > mum (yuyus) >>>>>>>>>>>>>> *

Tuck

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!
HOLY SHIT.

Best fucking news ever.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!

I think we're gonna be ok animegaf

Majestic Prince 24 (End)

There is nothing really noteworthy or unique about this anime. Simple plot of humans fending off alien invaders. Ragtag bunch of academy misfits selected as pilots of prototype mech and lead the charge to fight them off. A few twists, but nothing mindblowing or shocking.

But I'd honestly take that over the numerous unique and special trainwreck of mech shows over the past few years (Valvrave, Aldnoah, Cross Ange). The squad camaraderie was good and developed without pointless drama, each member had relevant contributions to the fights because of mech specializations, the quirky personalities and overall humor kept things from being too serious and melodramatic. Instead of trying to do something outrageous and shocking, things were kept mostly simple. And the CG animation was great, probably one of the better or best I've seen in a TV mech anime, although that's not a hard title to claim.

Was thinking of doing Fafner next, but I'll probably hold off. I can only handle so much of Hirai's character designs at once.
Majestic Prince was kind weird to get rolling, but it was surprisingly easy to digest.
Something that i finished, unlike cross ange, aldnoah and valvrave.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!
Excellent , but same budget OR BUST.
I want the same degree of animation or there is no point.

Steins;Gate 19-21

Took you fucking long enough.

Yet again, certain reveal took me by surprise.
Not you too Mr Braun. At this rate, his daughter will turn out to be Sern's boss and mastermind.

I'm really enjoying your reactions.

Isendurl

Not you too Mr Braun. At this rate, his daughter will turn out to be Sern's boss and mastermind.

You don't even know man, you don't even know.

Edit: image removed, sorry.

I will just say that there are some things in the VN that would blow your mind. :p

• Image spoilers don't work on the mobile version of the site.
  • That's some bad art.

Yeah get rid of it ASAP, on mobile there's no way of avoiding this. Seriously I called it when the feature for introduced, this is the worst. Boggles the mind how they introduce something like this that only half-works and could ruin someone's experience of a show, game, movie, etc.

I come on GAF mostly through my phone, as I am sure many others do too. Good programming practices dictate parity between both web and mobile versions of your site. And don't tell me "you can browse GAF through web-mode" because I mean, if the mobile exists it's to be used :p

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!

AOTY 2016

Acosta

Steins;Gate 19-21

Took you fucking long enough.

You are lucky you didn't play the VN, you would have nightmares.

John Blade

A good filler episode I have to say. You have 2 scene where Kaoru and Aoi are together alone. 1st is when Kaoru have a flashback of his past because the dress he have to wear and the pain he have to go through and Aoi is with him to help him spread his pain to her as a faithful wife. 2nd is when they're alone at the end of the episode together and we got another kiss scene from them. I do hope Kaoru will face up of his sad past and move on as it will be better if he do that.

Also, all the girls are back in this episode which mean more comedy slack stick stuff happened (even Chika come back for a bit which is weird timing).

Fun filler episode and some time to see the love relationship grow a bit. Also, I sense Tina start to feel something is up with Aoi and Kaoru at the end of the episode. Foreshadowing?

phaze

You don't even know man, you don't even know.

Edit: image removed, sorry.

I will just say that there are some things in the VN that would blow your mind. :p

Caught that pic. lulz

Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 4
I've honestly forgotten most of the names in this deranged harem but the above pictured member remains the very best. SZS unfortunately too remains, hmmm formulaic, repetitive and predictable. As someone who loved the first season, it pains me to not be able to derive the same kind of enjoyment from the subsequent outings of the franchise. Zan so far doesn't even have the few golden nuggets that 2nd season still possessed.

Blade and Soul 11-13 END

The last "bonus" episode of this kinda rendered me incapable of writing something more substantial so:

+ The last fight warranted the return of an actual animation. It was pretty good. Watch and learn Arslan Senki.
+ ????
+ ......
+ As trite, corny and predictable Alka's character arc is. It .... well exists. Which is more than you can usually say for shows like these. And it was fairly competently outlined and executed from the very beginning.
+ Some parts were "so bad so good" kind of bad.

- Very little resolution to multiple plotpoints, Jin Varrel or even reasons for assassination for Alka's master are left vague as fuck. The Emperor and the mastermind behind Jin are too left with no closure or explanation.
-Non existent world building
-Loads of poor episodic content.
-Loads of quality.
-Dumb ass, irrelevant characters. What was even the point of the gunslinger girl and the gang leader ?
-Alka's character arc took itself way too seriously.

Awful show, don't watch it.

Still way better than Omega though !

Gintama - 282
Gintama%20-%20282_01.jpg
Gintama%20-%20282_02.jpg

KEEP DOING IT !!!
List of things gintama made fun of in 1 episode
-endless eight
-lucky star
-saint seya
-saint seya
-saint seya

MORE SAINT SEYA

OMG that episode was fantastic.

So much copyright abuse, but gintama doesn't care.
Gintama%20-%20282_03.jpg

copy-what ? bring it the ED !

Gintama doing a better sain seya episode than toei ...

Thoraxes

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BASED XEBEC

Cornbread78

Heaven's Lost Property ep.7-END:
Holy crap this one was funny as hell. Like I said before, it hit's all the ridiculas otaku check boxes, but manages to still be funny throughout! Yes, it is ecchi and childish, and uses a bunch of sophmoric humor, but it is just so damn entertaining, lol. Between the tingling nips song at cultural festival, then the whole sex change magic and bathhouse scene were hilarious ans so over the top. Also, the anime does a great job at switching between chibli characters at times during comedic moments for fun as well. Also, no girl is chosen in his mini harem; so lame, lol. If you want an anime that holds no punches back and is just good ecchi fun, then give this one a watch.

phaze

Gintama - 282

List of things gintama made fun of in 1 episode
-endless eight
-lucky star
-saint seya
-saint seya
-saint seya

MORE SAINT SEYA

OMG that episode was fantastic.

So much copyright abuse, but gintama doesn't care.

Gintama doing a better sain seya episode than toei ...

I might need to watch this. Maybe it will give me motivation to go beyond episode 4 or 5 of the series.

'Overpowered' leads are boring unless done in some interesting fashion and they still have real restrictions to them.

Well obviously. There's no character archetype that you can just slot in with no work. The Death Note is retardedly powerful, not only can you kill anyone from anywhere, you can choose the time, location and circumstances of their death. You only need 2 pieces of information that are typically freely given out without any alarm. So it's not really the amount of "power" that a character has, but how the story and characterisation focuses the way the power is managed and used. Similarly, It's not necessary that the antagonist be equally OP but they have to be compelling, and try to use as few plot contrivances as possible to make the battle interesting. It'll be very interesting to see if Batman vs Superman can achieve this.

cajunator

Banned
Heaven's Lost Property ep.7-END:

Holy crap this one was funny as hell. Like I said before, it hit's all the ridiculas otaku check boxes, but manages to still be funny throughout! Yes, it is ecchi and childish, and uses a bunch of sophmoric humor, but it is just so damn entertaining, lol. Between the tingling nips song at cultural festival, then the whole sex change magic and bathhouse scene were hilarious ans so over the top. Also, the anime does a great job at switching between chibli characters at times during comedic moments for fun as well. Also, no girl is chosen in his mini harem; so lame, lol. If you want an anime that holds no punches back and is just good ecchi fun, then give this one a watch.

Told you this show is one of the greatest harems lol. SnO is incredibly fun to watch. Some great characters, the MC has a lot of his own personality, and the situation is utterly ridiculous. Also, flying pantsu. Its genius. And there is more of it! Watch Forte!

Alright, wanted to try a different (and updated) webmconverter branch.

You know, plenty people say Shin Sekai Yori has a pretty slow start and while that isn't necessarily wrong, the very first minute of it is anything but. Shin Sekai Yori - 1min (18MB)

SSY doesnt actually start off slow, just that, like Steins Gate, it is building up to something very important and we dont recognize the pieces that play a part until much later. Shows like this thus stand up to repeat viewings.

Short hair is amazing and one of the best things this world has to offer.

Honestly I prefer short hair than long hair, but that doesn't mean I hate long hair. I like it as well. However in this case Tsubasa looks amazing in short hair than she did with long hair. The difference is like night and day.

Properly executed, I 100% agree with this statement!

Symphogear GX - 03

Should you watch Symphogear?

I think so

Yes I should.

I can't wait for the valkyrie drive anime in september....

those designs... trully the minds behind sengan kagura know what they want.

Green haired girl is a cutie. The others...ehh.

Cornbread78

Told you this show is one of the greatest harems lol. SnO is incredibly fun to watch. Some great characters, the MC has a lot of his own personality, and the situation is utterly ridiculous. Also, flying pantsu. Its genius. And there is more of it! Watch Forte!

Nice, I'll have to look that up. The show is good for mindless fun. I mean, it does try to take itself seriously at times, but two frames later it's back to comedic perverted madness.

cajunator

Banned
A good episode which is mostly focus on Tina and Kaoru. It look like they is a love interested between them and I think Tina feel like the reason why she didn't manage to get Kaoru heart is her race that keeps Kaoru from wanting her as she's unaware of his relationship with Aoi. I guess this might be the one who will suffer even more in this show as her feeling toward Kaoru will be dash once she found out the full story.

Kinda feel sorry for her a bit. As for the rest of the episode, it's the typical fun stuff you except to see from Tina.

Tina is interesting. she has genuine feelings for Kaoru. I actually feel the worst for her situation of all the side girls.

GochiUsa 7-12 END

Hands down one of the very best SoL shows you could watch thanks to its perfect balance of wit, self-awareness, and just a hint of dark comedy which gives a real heart and soul to an otherwise nice and relaxing show. Highly recommended & I'm really looking forward to the next season.

sol rankings

k-on > hidasketch > gochiusa = yuyushiki > kinmoza >>> minami-ke s1

sol mascots

tippy > ume-tentei > ton-chan > mum (yuyus) >>>>>>>>>>>>>> *

Well at least you have good taste in slice of life animu.

Z0cuy.jpg

Praise Yamada.

*SPOILS YAMADA FOREVER

John Blade

It's nice to see Kaoru realize how special Aoi is to him. I guess Aoi getting sick proof how special she was to everyone. Decent episode to watch as all the major character start Aoi ability to get everything done without complain or make a mess. Guess this is the perfect woman and how they look.

Also, like in every romance show, you need something to break this calm of this story and we see it at the very end of the episode where Miyabi pick up the phone. My guess, this whole marriage will be challenge once more time and might be where we see if the relationship between Aoi and Kaoru is strong enough or will it break from it.

cajunator

Banned
It's nice to see Kaoru realize how special Aoi is to him. I guess Aoi getting sick proof how special she was to everyone. Decent episode to watch as all the major character start Aoi ability to get everything done without complain or make a mess. Guess this is the perfect woman and how they look.

Also, like in every romance show, you need something to break this calm of this story and we see it at the very end of the episode where Miyabi pick up the phone. My guess, this whole marriage will be challenge once more time and might be where we see if the relationship between Aoi and Kaoru is strong enough or will it break from it.

Aoi is basically supposed to represent a perfect anime woman/waifu. However I think she does a far better job of it than most. She is also of a suitable age for an actual partner unlike most (she is at least 18 but possibly closer to 23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom