• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Blade

AiYoriAoshi_feature.jpg

Man....am I disappointed by this ending. The amount of work they set it up for the audience from the last two episode to get here was great and get you pump to see how it will end. Unfortunately, when you get there and see the climax, it wasn't as you hope of how it will end. Yea, both Aoi and Kaoru are now official couple from they parent point of view and both can live happy without any fear. Still, very disappointed and kinda a small let down. I still have season 2 to watch so....might put it on hold a bit to let it all out and then start season 2.

So, now I finish the 1st season, I guess I will put my final though of the later half of this show. Also, cajunator, we can discuss a bit more about season 1 with spoiler as I am now done. Might be interesting of your input of this old show now.

I will say this. The 2nd half of this show is actually a bit better than the 1st half as they're more decent written episode about Aoi and Kaoru and also their friend. They're still filler here but you do have more special time with Aoi and Kaoru by themselves. Also, they few episode that is almost on par of the beginning episode quality.

Also, the build up at the ending of the show was done quite well and make you wish both will be together at last even with the issue they have to face with Aoi's father. Unfortunately, the ending isn't much to say really.

Still, I don't know if I would recommend this anime to tell the truth. Like what cajunator say about this show, it doesn't know if it want to be a comedy or a romance show and he/she was right. Most of this show is pushing the comedy part a bit too much. Like you got 5 support female characters in this show minus Aoi and Kaoru. Almost of them are literally one dimensional personality. Yes, they push each character it's own arch episode which explain their past history but even with those, you wonder if you really need those female characters in the show at all. I guess the the only female character that is worth to be in the show is maybe Tina, Miyabi, and maybe Taeko?

The strength of this show is mostly going to be when it direct toward Aoi and Kaoru. It's kinda funny as this is where the show shine well when we see their relationship grow. It's also sad as you realize if the show follow the romance drama route and don't push into comedy, it might get more interesting. Unfortunately, we never get there and we can only dream if it did.

Overall, I will say the show is okay. I guess if I see this show when it 1st air in Japan (2002), and I was a high school teen, I might like the show a bit more. You can say the same thing for me for Love Hina as I have a rose tint glasses for this show. Now, as I am older, I start to realize the show isn't as great as I believe it to be. It might be I have a much mature taste in story now than I was 13 years ago. I guess I could say the same with Ai Yori Aoshi. When it was release, the show might be very good and people might love it at that time but it didn't age as well now. I do hope the manga is much better than the anime as you can see the potential of this show but never have the chance to shrine because of this.

Well.....I am off to finish the special for this season and maybe go watch Season 2 of You're Under Arrest TV show.

Cornbread78

Nisemonogatari 8
Why the fuck did a game of toothbrush turn into something so sexual? A matter of fact how the fuck can brushing your teeth be full of lust? So this is where toothbrush fetish came from. I won't ever look at brushing my teeth the same way ever again.

Welcome to the club, lol.

The beginning of the episode when she jumped on him lewd lyrics them he punted her across the room was hilarious. The odd part of this is up to this point (events from prior episodes) the two of them didn't get along at all, lol. Now he uses his sup we pervo powers on little sis; interesting change....

John Blade

This is 4 minutes short and yea.....I guess it's interesting to see all the characters dreams. Other than that......you're not really missing much here.

Welcome to the club, lol.

The beginning of the episode when she jumped on him lewd lyrics them he punted her across the room was hilarious. The odd part of this is up to this point (events from prior episodes) the two of them didn't get along at all, lol. Now he uses his sup we pervo powers on little sis; interesting change....

Yeah they pretty much didn't get along in the beginning, but then suddenly this happened. Then again they did have that fight which helped their relationship.

Sore ga Seiyuu - 01

Hmm ED was fantastic but otherwise, eh. I enjoy the educational aspect and will continue for that right now. Main character was annoying to listen to and the strong sense of moe was a turnoff. I feel a bit hypocritical because Shirobako has some of that, too, but it's more extreme here. All this puppet exposition was also too on the nose for my taste and reminded me of the one Shirobako episode where they used that too often and to a fault.

varkuriru

I am dead with Phoenix clinging on my back and reviving forever. My stomach hurts. Amazing episode. The Jabu joke got a little repetitive but the whole ending destroyed me.

Listening to Risa Taneda singing in Erina's character song makes me sad they didn't use one of her songs as the new Shokugeki no Soma ED.

Especially the second one with how incredibly upbeat it is.

We need an episode about her , 100 % from her POV where we discover that this working place is actually the normal part of her live and that her life outside the restaurant is crazy.

That would be perfect

That would actually be a really good episode. It wouldn't even have to be a whole full length thing, but about half of the episode just showing us how abnormal her life is lol

Lovely Complex 12-END

Oh boy am I glad I finished this. There was waaaaaay too much drama in this for me. Drama, idiocy, everything that I don't like in shows like this. You see episode 1-12 had plenty of funny moments. But after that? Drama, drama, drama. In the end everything ended up alright for all of the characters though. They should have shown what happened to all of them after the graduation, if their plans worked out or not but I guess they left it up in the air.

Cornbread78

Lovely Complex 12-END

Oh boy am I glad I finished this. There was waaaaaay too much drama in this for me. Drama, idiocy, everything that I don't like in shows like this. You see episode 1-12 had plenty of funny moments. But after that? Drama, drama, drama. In the end everything ended up alright for all of the characters though. They should have shown what happened to all of them after the graduation, if their plans worked out or not but I guess they left it up in the air.

The drama didn't bother me as much, I guess, however, I would have preferred they continued the tone from the first half throughout. Luckily, they still added little sections of humor in there for us to laugh at/with them. It also made the closing sequence well worth it though with the direction and tone they took with it.

The drama didn't bother me as much, I guess, however, I would have preferred they continued the tone from the first half throughout. Luckily, they still added little sections of humor in there for us to laugh at/with them. It also made the closing sequence well worth it though with the direction and tone they took with it.

One little thing I noticed, maybe it's just me, but her fixation for the guy was weird. I mean there was nothing outstanding about him, and he was kind of an ass and an idiot to her for quite a while. His idiocy was what pissed me off the most though. Like her first confession for example, the way he reacted to it? I mean what the fuck was that! How could you misinterpret that? But oh well. I liked 1-12. I found the drama with the boy with the red highlights totally unnecessary. The last few episodes were good, specially the very last one.

VRMN

Charlotte Episode 4

Good baseball, but why no recruitment?

I wish the answer to if he could possess ability users was addressed.

This isn't a question. They have him do it all the time. Several of the plans have included him doing it so the super speed guy can ram into him and incapacitate the suspect.

She was having him do that for some other reason.

MY Love Story!!! 17

Kurihara is the cringest dude ever.
Dont just random grab a girls hand then let it go. And then do it again another time. I get he has confidence issues but his whole interaction with Nanako this episode made me cringe so fucking hard.

I also hated the whole thing about doing something dangerous in order to get some wish to come true.
What if Nanako didnt have feelings for him after he presented the star to her? She would basically have been pressured to say yes. If she said no, everyone would be calling her a bitch, ungrateful, etc.
Do girls even find this stuff romantic?

As I get older, I get less tolerant about this crap in rom coms. Its not just exclusive to anime either. I also didnt really care for this random friend of Takeo so I'm a little more critical about this stuff.

I need to see Suna with a girl before the end of the season.

Sterok

Aikatsu 66

Wait, doesn't Kaede also have Magical Toy? I hope Kii getting its new dress doesn't mean Kaede (and the other secondaries) doesn't get her own constellation stuff. I think the thing I like most about the new CG is how it better distinguishes the dances in a particular style. Kii's dance here was very toy-like, and Sora's earlier (which was very good) was extremely distinct. Mizuki reveals herself and bails again. So unreliable.

Still, I don't know if I would recommend this anime to tell the truth. Like what cajunator say about this show, it doesn't know if it want to be a comedy or a romance show and he/she was right. Most of this show is pushing the comedy part a bit too much. Like you got 5 support female characters in this show minus Aoi and Kaoru. Almost of them are literally one dimensional personality. Yes, they push each character it's own arch episode which explain their past history but even with those, you wonder if you really need those female characters in the show at all. I guess the the only female character that is worth to be in the show is maybe Tina, Miyabi, and maybe Taeko?
It's a harem show, for some stupid reason, so the other girls have to have moments and the main couple can't make much progress in their relationship or else it'd end or something! Or something like that. Yeah, the other characters were mostly not great. It's a show about the main couple, but... it's also a harem series about the various girls that like the MC. That's far from the worst thing about Aoi Yori Aoshi, but it is one bad thing about this bad show.

Overall, I will say the show is okay. I guess if I see this show when it 1st air in Japan (2002), and I was a high school teen, I might like the show a bit more. You can say the same thing for me for Love Hina as I have a rose tint glasses for this show. Now, as I am older, I start to realize the show isn't as great as I believe it to be. It might be I have a much mature taste in story now than I was 13 years ago. I guess I could say the same with Ai Yori Aoshi. When it was release, the show might be very good and people might love it at that time but it didn't age as well now. I do hope the manga is much better than the anime as you can see the potential of this show but never have the chance to shrine because of this.
I watched the show when I was in college in the mid '00s and hated it, so just watching it back then doesn't necessarily help... :p (Yes, I watched the whole first season despite thinking it was pretty bad. At least I never watched Enishi too!)

Probably the thing I hated most about it is that it seemed so sexist. I mean, to mention one of the things I most disliked about it, the main female character, Aoi... her idea of "being her own person" is to be suuper rebellious against her parents... by refusing to not give up on marrying the boy who they set her up with as a child for a future arranged marriage. What, you don't want me to marry the boy I've dedicated my entire life towards (even though he forgot about me), the person I shaped my personality to match the tastes of, etc? Crazy talk! I'm leaving to live with him, because arranged marriages are AWESOME!

UGHHHH....

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 1

Now this seems like a really good Sci-fi anime. The animation looks great and OST is really good. The first episode really hooked me on the series. Man I should of followed AnimeGaf's words about this series. Everyone is living underground in order to survive. However does it explain how people get their supplies of food considering Earth has dried up?

Damn it sucks that Earth turned into Mars. Bye bye blue beauty.

javac

So I just watched the first five episodes of Kaiba, a 2008 animated series directed by Masaaki Yuasa, the man behind fan favorites Ping Pong, The Tatami Galaxy and Mind Game among many other striking series and films. Like the aforementioned two series, Kaiba is a short series capping off at 12 episodes. Right off of the bat I will admit to the dismay of many here in this thread that I have never seen any of his other series but I’m nevertheless well aware of his talents. I have to say that the series if pretty weird, and that's not directed at the striking visuals but at the fact that I don’t know how to feel about the series so far. What I expected to be a knockout has instead left me neither here nor there. I guess that's a bit of a lie because my viewing experience so far has been very positive, but at the same time it's striking me in the manner that I didn't expected it to. First things first, the OP is great and makes for an apt introduction to each and every episode, with a catchy song and beautiful visuals that represent the quality of the series perfectly. It’s a fantastic looking show with inspired character designs by Nobutake Ito who also did the character designs for The Tatami Galaxy and that much is obvious at first glance. The visuals pop and come to life with each and every frame and really in a series like this, one that is so reliant on its characters it’s great that the designs are as vibrant and varied and interesting as they are. The music is also nice but is what it is, a few tracks get my mind racing and blood pumping and it’s all appropriately arranged. Voice acting is perfect and I have no qualms here. Each line is delivered with conviction and the voice actors really sell each and every line and deliver the emotional punches in quick succession.

The show itself has an overarching theme, one about memories and our physical being and the marriage between the two and the importance of identity. The stories are great and it’s clear that a lot of thought and consideration has gone into the research and preparation for Kaiba. Each episode although strung together is of an episodic nature, and each episode nestled with its own tragedies. It’s a sad show, and emotional one and a really well made one, however I must admit that the flamboyance of some scenes and the comedy can get in the way of it all, and sometimes it’s hard to know if I’m supposed to cry at a scene as a sad scene goes into a funny one that hits you with its punchy visuals.

So far I can say without a doubt that I’m enjoying this series and know that it’s a special one that I should savour, and although it’s the visuals that attracted me to the series in the first place, I’ve never been one for theatrics and the mishmash of scenes and emotions might be too much for me. I wanted to be unanimously positive for this series, but unfortunately something hasn’t truly clicked for me yet, which is a shame. Some episodes are phenomenal and others are great with things littered here and there that take me out of my otherwise meditative state that the show has me in. In the end I’m still enjoying it a lot and I'm fully immersed in the series, I just find that a few moments pull me out and sour my feelings.

Sterok

Aikatsu 68

Seira is evil Ichigo. Kii is evil Aoi. Sora is evil Ran. Which means Maria is evil...Sakura? Interesting choice. Was sort of expecting Otome. She does the ojousama role much better than Sakura. Both rich girls have excellent naming conventions though. I shall name my pets Dog 1, Dog 2, etc.

jgminto

Ore Monogatari!! 17
I don't know if they really earned that resolution this episode, Takeo's friend deserved the rejection. It would have been more reasonable if she gave him another chance at a later date, if at all. Still a fun episode though.

Sterok

Aikatsu 71

Of the 7 primary characters this season, Aoi is the last to get her Constellation Dress. And it was well worth it. Wow at all that arc welding. That letter that apparently disappeared and is still unopened. Ran's mascot. Orihime's expectations of her at the beginning of the season. Being able to shine alone from all the way back to the formation of Tristar. The Starlight Queen selection. It's like they built half the season up to this. As usual, she's considered the best. While Otome won the fame, it seems Aoi has more respect from the school overall. Being the smart one helps. Everyone is constantly relying on her information network. The water analogy was nice too. I'm interested in what was meant by her being the pillar of Starlight and the future. Though I do have a theory. Either way, Ichigo may shine the brightest, but Aoi truly is the top idol.

Quasar

Lovely Complex 12-END

They do in the manga IIRC.

fertygo

Aikatsu 71

Of the 7 primary characters this season, Aoi is the last to get her Constellation Dress. And it was well worth it. Wow at all that arc welding. That letter that apparently disappeared and is still unopened. Ran's mascot. Orihime's expectations of her at the beginning of the season. Being able to shine alone from all the way back to the formation of Tristar. The Starlight Queen selection. It's like they built half the season up to this. As usual, she's considered the best. While Otome won the fame, it seems Aoi has more respect from the school overall. Being the smart one helps. Everyone is constantly relying on her information network. The water analogy was nice too. I'm interested in what was meant by her being the pillar of Starlight and the future. Though I do have a theory. Either way, Ichigo may shine the brightest, but Aoi truly is the top idol.

I love your take.

Btw the brief flashback is great, like the one with Yurika's. Aikatsu is generally angst free and its great decision, but I almost always liked when the show tell snippet of struggle from the girls.

John Blade

It's a harem show, for some stupid reason, so the other girls have to have moments and the main couple can't make much progress in their relationship or else it'd end or something! Or something like that. Yeah, the other characters were mostly not great. It's a show about the main couple, but... it's also a harem series about the various girls that like the MC. That's far from the worst thing about Aoi Yori Aoshi, but it is one bad thing about this bad show.

I watched the show when I was in college in the mid '00s and hated it, so just watching it back then doesn't necessarily help... :p (Yes, I watched the whole first season despite thinking it was pretty bad. At least I never watched Enishi too!)

Probably the thing I hated most about it is that it seemed so sexist. I mean, to mention one of the things I most disliked about it, the main female character, Aoi... her idea of "being her own person" is to be suuper rebellious against her parents... by refusing to not give up on marrying the boy who they set her up with as a child for a future arranged marriage. What, you don't want me to marry the boy I've dedicated my entire life towards (even though he forgot about me), the person I shaped my personality to match the tastes of, etc? Crazy talk! I'm leaving to live with him, because arranged marriages are AWESOME!

UGHHHH....

For Aoi issue you have, it's what they think a perfect woman suppose to be in a man life. Like I say in my previous post (in one of the quick impression of the show), it feel weird at the time they're in. Like everyone is in college or university or her caretaker is working but for Aoi, she didn't go to school and just stay at home, taking care of the place. I might understand if she is much older (like over 30 years old) but at around 16 years old, it feel weird for me. Also, the idea of the perfect woman will always be sexist for most people as it feel like the woman (Aoi) have limited freedom of what they do in life and have to please everyone else and also her husband. It feel like the reason she was born in this world is to please her future husband.

On the other hand, you can stay been a perfect woman isn't sexist and also show how strong the woman is to the audience. I won't say this for Aoi but one that kinda push this button is Belldandy from Ah My Goddess. She you can say is someone who try to be a perfect woman but at the same time have a strong personalities of what is good and bad and want to help people who she meet.

Still, it won't make this show even better and I have season 2 to watch after this. Man...

BluWacky

It’s a sad show, and emotional one and a really well made one, however I must admit that the flamboyance of some scenes and the comedy can get in the way of it all, and sometimes it’s hard to know if I’m supposed to cry at a scene as a sad scene goes into a funny one that hits you with its punchy visuals.

This is, for better or for worse, a very "Yuasa" thing to do. His work as an adaptor (i.e. Tatami Galaxy and Ping Pong) tends to be more widely accepted because it removes the opportunity for him to display his somewhat bizarre and juvenile sense of humour, which he also juxtaposes with stuff that's supposed to be fairly serious.

There's one bit in an early episode of Kaiba where (you'll have seen this) someone explodes in slightly odd circumstances. I remember thinking I had no idea how to really process that; was it a joke, was it horrifying? Wasn't sure.

So far I can say without a doubt that I’m enjoying this series and know that it’s a special one that I should savour, and although it’s the visuals that attracted me to the series in the first place, I’ve never been one for theatrics and the mishmash of scenes and emotions might be too much for me. I wanted to be unanimously positive for this series, but unfortunately something hasn’t truly clicked for me yet, which is a shame. Some episodes are phenomenal and others are great with things littered here and there that take me out of my otherwise meditative state that the show has me in. In the end I’m still enjoying it a lot and I'm fully immersed in the series, I just find that a few moments pull me out and sour my feelings.

Which episodes in particular have you enjoyed? The sadder ones or the slightly more frivolous?

It's worth noting that the show becomes much more heavily serialised in its second half and cuts back on the wackiness. I'll be interested to see what you think of it then.

phaze

Currently watching Naruto. I finally got to episode 321 and oh my god, it's amazing.
Madara Uchiha has been revived and is just DESTROYING everyone. The animation is way better and I feel like anyone can die now. I'm up to 323 right now so I saw the Five Kages Assemble. I felt like they were being wasted in this war but now....just damn. Madara bringing down that meteor was intense. I was sure that Ohnoki was done for. It was so cool to see his bro Gaara raise him up. I love the relationship that they have built and seeing the Kages work together is awesome. I kind of wish we got to see more of the history of the villages and how much they hated each other to emphasise how insane it is that they are working together.

My resolve grew weak during the first 40 episodes of the war with how useless, insignificant and contrived everything was. It started getting really good around episode 300 when Naruto
encountered Itachi and Nagato
but now....just damn. Now I remember why I watched this show in the first place. It's nice to really enjoy Naruto again.

As a side note, am I the only one that remembers that the Sharingan was originally said to have evolved from the Byakugan? It was during the preliminaries of the Chuunin exams, Neji vs Hinata. I obsessed over this as a kid. I guess Kishimoto forgot? :(

And how did Nagato have the Rinnegan without
implantation
?

Glad you enjoyed it. Too bad it's pretty much the last "full 20 minutes of animated insanity" Naruto episode so far.

re: Sharingan. I think that was just a vague remark about what is more of a rumor or supposition than a stated fact. Don't worry Kishi forgets plenty of other things !

As for Nagato. Assuming you mean his raised from the grave form. For your own sanity it's better to just accept that Edo Tensei don't give a flying f about the state their original bodies were in.

This is, for better or for worse, a very "Yuasa" thing to do. His work as an adaptor (i.e. Tatami Galaxy and Ping Pong) tends to be more widely accepted because it removes the opportunity for him to display his somewhat bizarre and juvenile sense of humour, which he also juxtaposes with stuff that's supposed to be fairly serious.

Haha, ain't that the truth. Some Kemonozume scenes ... From soul crushing depression, to just disgusting and repulsive to weird ass slapstick humour.

So I just watched the first five episodes of Kaiba, a 2008 animated series directed by Masaaki Yuasa, the man behind fan favorites Ping Pong, The Tatami Galaxy and Mind Game among many other striking series and films. Like the aforementioned two series, Kaiba is a short series capping off at 12 episodes. Right off of the bat I will admit to the dismay of many here in this thread that I have never seen any of his other series but I’m nevertheless well aware of his talents. I have to say that the series if pretty weird, and that's not directed at the striking visuals but at the fact that I don’t know how to feel about the series so far. What I expected to be a knockout has instead left me neither here nor there. I guess that's a bit of a lie because my viewing experience so far has been very positive, but at the same time it's striking me in the manner that I didn't expected it to.

I enjoyed the second, more continuous half much more but as you don't seem to share my disdain for most of episodic stuff. I can't promise you'll feel the same.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Now this seems like a really good Sci-fi anime. The animation looks great and OST is really good. The first episode really hooked me on the series. Man I should of followed AnimeGaf's words about this series. Everyone is living underground in order to survive. However does it explain how people get their supplies of food considering Earth has dried up?

The movie reveals a tiny bit of life on Earth during the Yamato's mission, but you just assume they prepared these underground bunkers when they realized that the planet was going to die.

Thoraxes

Don't be tricked by Japanese girls into buying more volumes of the show!

They told me to watch out for people that talk like you!
Fuck Voyager Entertainment.

I still check the site every day in hopes of an update.

Then I cry myself to sleep.
Based Production IG, Bandai Visual, Xebec, Bandai, Bandai Namco Games, Voyager Entertainment, Tohokushinsha, Shochiku, OLM, and Lantis.
Yep!
New pickups. RS just shipped out Snafu S1 Bluray today. Will take some more pics of the Persona 4 Set when I open it.

Holy shit, nice. My SNAFU has not shipped yet, but I also bundled that shipment with K-ON, and since that releases on the same day, it should be soon-ish.
Lol it came in. Greatest thing ever.
Nice!

Holy shit, nice. My SNAFU has not shipped yet, but I also bundled that shipment with K-ON, and since that releases on the same day, it should be soon-ish.

In stock and available. (IE, shipping today)

Personally, I just won a couple of Yahoo Auctions for filling in the old side of my KyoAni JP BD collection. The FMP All Stories BD-Box (only about 6k more than the TSR + Fumoffu sets individually) and AIR BD-Box (original packaging; the "New Packaging ver" doesn't match the Kanon/Clannad/After Story sets as well) should arrive to my middleman next week. I dread the shipping costs, but these should be a nice re-watch.

I kind of rediscovered my passion for KyoAni shows while working on my 30 years presentation. Right now I'm only missing Kanon, Lucky Star, Nichijou, Free! (both seasons), Kyoukai (and movies, which pt2 gets solicited today), Chunibyou Ren, and Amagi. Munto doesn't really count as the OVAs, TV series, and movie were only on DVD, despite being edited into HD for the TV broadcast/film screenings.

Thoraxes

In stock and available. (IE, shipping today)

Personally, I just won a couple of Yahoo Auctions for filling in the old side of my KyoAni JP BD collection. The FMP All Stories BD-Box (only about 6k more than the TSR + Fumoffu sets individually) and AIR BD-Box (original packaging; the "New Packaging ver" doesn't match the Kanon/Clannad/After Story sets as well) should arrive to my middleman next week. I dread the shipping costs, but these should be a nice re-watch.

I kind of rediscovered my passion for KyoAni shows while working on my 30 years presentation. Right now I'm only missing Kanon, Lucky Star, Nichijou, Free! (both seasons), Kyoukai (and movies, which pt2 gets solicited today), Chunibyou Ren, and Amagi. Munto doesn't really count as the OVAs, TV series, and movie were only on DVD, despite being edited into HD for the TV broadcast/film screenings.

That is quite the collection. It's funny because while that list looks long-ish, you've really got a lot of it down, for real. You'll have to share your presentation sometime; i'd be interested in seeing/reading materials from it.

That is quite the collection. It's funny because while that list looks long-ish, you've really got a lot of it down, for real. You'll have to share your presentation sometime; i'd be interested in seeing/reading materials from it.

Once I get closer to completing it, I'll start taking pictures. Right now it's a bit too fractured to justify any pictures as I have only a few pieces from each time period (Kadokawa/TBS/self-producer).

As for the presentation, it was a more in-depth piece of this post along with some looks into various people of the studio (Hideaki/Yoko Hatta, Kigami, Takemoto, Ishihara, Yamada). I'll probably update that post once I finish creating my Neuroscience of SAO video, which has been much more demanded.

duckroll

http://animatorexpo.com

Heads up. Tomorrow Animator Expo Season 3 starts up again. The first episode they're putting up is Mahiro Maeda's Hammerhead.

OcT2WkF.jpg

They're also continuing the theatrical screenings for the first season, along with more third season goodies. From Aug 1, they're adding Akitoshi Yokoyama's The Ultraman and Yasuhiro Yoshiura's Bureau of Proto Society to the lineup. The Ultraman is based on the late Mamoru Uchiyama's The Ultraman manga.

KLLKfhN.jpg

xYEAHEg.jpg

Tuck

I actually thought the first few episodes were kind of weak. It gets so much better.

Cornbread78

Okusama ga Seito Kaichou! 5
The ride never ends.

Well, I guess she forgave him after he was in the love love motel withteh VP playing with vibrators last week.

So I've just heard about Nana being pretty good and what do I see, it's directed by Morio Asaka. Quite looking forward to that now.

Synopsis:
Komatsu Nana moves to Tokyo, following after her boyfriend Shouji to gain a life she has always dreamed of. On a train bound for Tokyo, she meets Osaki Nana, the vocalist for the punk rock band "Blast," also moving to Tokyo to achieve her dreams of becoming a professional. Sharing the same name, the two of them perhaps through a twist of fate, ended up becoming flat mates in Tokyo, where together they support each other through each of their love lives and careers.

Are you referring this this one? It's been on my MAL for awhile now, sounds interesting, but maybe seeing it's Shoujo, it could have a little Kelly Clarkson type tone to it...No?

John Blade

Just a small note: the intro of this show foreshadow quite a few things which will happened during this season. One of the big one is Tina founding out the big news between Aoi and Kaoru. Kinda ruin a bit for me and make you wonder why try the audience of what will happened in the show as that kinda ruin the fun of founding it out. Oh well.....

For this episode, it's a good starting point of the show. Kinda disappointed that nothing have happened with Aoi and Kaoru in their relationship for 2 years. You think it have developed even more during those 2 years but nope....feel like it's they didn't go anywhere during those 2 years. Also, their friends didn't know they're engaged and still hide them about their relationship. Sigh....

Still, need to start from somewhere. At least we did have one scene where Aoi and Kaoru have special time together again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom