• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Blade

Aoi is basically supposed to represent a perfect anime woman/waifu. However I think she does a far better job of it than most. She is also of a suitable age for an actual partner unlike most (she is at least 18 but possibly closer to 23)

I guess so. Also, this is a teenager anime show and the age you want to hit is somewhere where they're still young but above the limit age to get marry. For the perfect woman, she basically what you want really and also have some realistic trait of feeling you expect from.

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/myedf/e/e6b2115f210fe2e5690c3c53866eb158

A new season of Yamato 2199 has officially been announced. It's not 2199 though, since it's an actual sequel this time. No title yet. 26 episodes like the first series. Theatrical screening format before TV. Story will be a remake of Farewell Yamato and Yamato 2, mixed together with original stuff. They want to make even more new Yamato stuff after this season ends, 3-4 things in the works. The series will be released later in 2016. Still early.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!

Great news.

I should probably finish up the first season one of these days.

e_i

Seriyuu's Life episode 3

So, some person named Yukari Tamura shows up...

Wow, I guess she's using her normal voice here.

*Opens the door to the Anime thread 2015. Remembers suddenly I haven't been in on of these threads since 2011. *Gulps* *

*Places used Waifu on the Weeabo alter*

Hailed Otaku-Samas! I come with questions to my problem (!)

My problem; My iteniary is too big, and I don't know where to start. As I have lttle self-will and am overstressed I need you strangers to impose your indominable opinions on me and tell me what to watch, what to skip.

Currently in my watching queue;

Movies:

When Marnie Was There (Omoide no Mânî) (I don't recognize the director?)
The tale of Princess Kaguya (is this a real anime? it looks like some artsy music video?)
The Wind Rises (I heard people said its boring?)
Spirited Away (never seen it- Only seen Mononoke, Totoro, Tales from Earthsea, Nausica. Mononoke is my favorite)
Ponyo (is this only for kids, or does it have an adult-appeal like Totoro? How close is it to the story of the little mermaid?)

Series:

Akatuski No Yona - Somebody told me that since I liked Seirei No Moribito I would like this. I haven't heard a lot of buzz about it?

Haikyuu!! - I mentioned on another forum that Hajime No Ippo was amazing to me as it made me captivated despite that I am not a boxing fan. The poster said that Haikyuu will do the same for soccer.

Kill La Kill - I saw 3 episodes of KLK and then I never got around to it anymore. I have no real memory of what I thought about it. I guess I thought the animation was amazing but I was not sure if it was going anywhere. Should I give this another try? Is it worth it?

Space Dandy - Same thing. I was in the Space Dandy thread and I and a bunch of other people bitched like little baby "QQ NO COWBOY BEBOP:'(" and others in the thread, get over it and get out- But that too has finished and I only saw 3 episodes, and the animation looks amazing. Is it worth giving a shot and investing the time to stick with it?

Zankyou No Terror - I only saw the first episode and was like; "WTF" is this. I've heard some people ended up loving it and some hated it. Should I watch this??

One Piece - I checked out once the Ballaista, or Ballasta thing happened. I think it must have been after episode 100. All the episodes were still letterbox SD so that sucked, but I didnt watch the dub. The thing is.. There are 800 episodes of this and the time it would take to watch this makes me feel guilty just thinking about it.
I liked what I saw, but sometimes the show felt sort of slow. I've heard it gets really good after a while and more people join the strawhats. I want to get into it, but I don't know if One Piece is running out into the sand like Bleach:(

Gintama - It's on top of all the anime list, so I want to get into it. I feel I am missing out. Fewer episodes. In the Gintama thread they said to at least give it 20 episodes to let me get hooked. Is it worth it?

Shingeki No Bahamut - I saw 7 episodes and I liked what I saw but unsure if I should continue.

End of Evangelion movie 2 - I saw the first movie, had never seen Evengalion before and I thought it was beautiful but I was not sure if I was emotionally invested. Some people said film 2 is better. Should I just go back and watch the series instead?

I have all these to watched and I am getting stressed thinking about what to watch first? Also when can I buy the Blu Ray for The Boy and His Beast? I need to watch this. Summer Wars and Wolf Children ruined me. THEY RUINED ME.
Also I found a DVD sale at my local import shop with Great Teacher Onizuka for 10 bucks for the entire series. Should I go for it? Is the animation to dated?

please help me. as far as first world problems go this one is annoying. Smack me across the face, set me straight and tell me where to start.

TUSR

Banned
start by watching gintama and dandy

Hailed Otaku-Samas!

szvzvim.gif

*snip*

I have all these to watched and I am getting stressed thinking about what to watch first? Also when can I buy the Blu Ray for The Boy and His Beast? I need to watch this. Summer Wars and Wolf Children ruined me. THEY RUINED ME.
Also I found a DVD sale at my local import shop with Great Teacher Onizuka for 10 bucks for the entire series. Should I go for it? Is the animation to dated?

please help me. as far as first world problems go this one is annoying. Smack me across the face, set me straight and tell me where to start.

I mean I can't stand Summer Wars either, but dayum.that's harsh!

On a more serious note, Zankyou no Terror and Shingeki no Bahamut both get worse towards the end. I think Shingeki no Bahamut is still worth watching in spite of that.

Concerning Evangelion, there's no End of Evangelion movie 2.

There's the TV Series with 26 episodes, the (one) End of Evangelion movie which is sort of an alternate/more elaborate end to the series and then the rebuild movies, of which there are 3 so far, with everyone waiting yet for 4.0. There's some other stuff to but these are the major ones. If you have never seen the TV series you definitely should as it's fantastic.

JulianImp

Replying in bold inside your quote on stuff I know about:

Movies:
Spirited Away (never seen it- Only seen Mononoke, Totoro, Tales from Earthsea, Nausica. Mononoke is my favorite) I like Japanese folklore, so it was cool to see a Ghibli movie on spirits and weird stuff going on. It's definitely up there in my rank of Ghibli movies

Series:

Akatuski No Yona - Somebody told me that since I liked Seirei No Moribito I would like this. I haven't heard a lot of buzz about it?
Is this the show with the princess where her childhood love interest ends up usurping her father by murdering him in the very first episode? While I could've watched it a bit more, I didn't feel like I was enjoying the show so I dropped it right away.

Kill La Kill - I saw 3 episodes of KLK and then I never got around to it anymore. I have no real memory of what I thought about it. I guess I thought the animation was amazing but I was not sure if it was going anywhere. Should I give this another try? Is it worth it?
It's definitely a good show that plays a lot with shounen tropes and fanservice (and not in a bad way, IMO). Definitely recommended.

Space Dandy - Same thing. I was in the Space Dandy thread and I and a bunch of other people bitched like little baby "QQ NO COWBOY BEBOP:'(" and others in the thread, get over it and get out- But that too has finished and I only saw 3 episodes, and the animation looks amazing. Is it worth giving a shot and investing the time to stick with it?
It depends on whether you like shows with no continuity. It was a show I only watched every now and then when I felt like it, but the fact that they swap directors and stuff means that you can see a wide variety of animation styles, which is always cool.

Zankyou No Terror - I only saw the first episode and was like; "WTF" is this. I've heard some people ended up loving it and some hated it. Should I watch this??
Personally I liked it, but I've heard some people weren't into it at all.

Mandelbo

Aria the Animation 01-02

This is a strange anime. It's laid-back and relaxing in a way that's quite unlike anything I've seen before it, and it's also nice to have an anime set in the far future where humanity hasn't gone to shit! Aqua's actually a nice place! Looking forward to seeing the rest of this.

Also I refuse to believe that President Aria is a cat. His head is bigger than Aika's! Cats don't go "bunyu bunyu"!

phaze

*Opens the door to the Anime thread 2015. Remembers suddenly I haven't been in on of these threads since 2011. *Gulps* *

My problem; My iteniary is too big, and I don't know where to start. As I have lttle self-will and am overstressed I need you strangers to impose your indominable opinions on me and tell me what to watch, what to skip.

Kaguya is great.

Wind Rises was good. Though yes it drags in places.

For TV shows:

Haikyuu is a volleyball centered series, not soccer. Didn't watch it but the reception was very favourable. Watch Space Dandy and finish Bahamut. Scratch long running shows because they're evil. Scratch rest of your list because its shiiiiit.

GTO is pretty dated in the looks department but it's still pretty decent. Check out few eps on Crunchroll and see if the humor suits you.

Puruzi

Banned

Movies:

The tale of Princess Kaguya (is this a real anime? it looks like some artsy music video?)
Spirited Away (never seen it- Only seen Mononoke, Totoro, Tales from Earthsea, Nausica. Mononoke is my favorite)
Ponyo (is this only for kids, or does it have an adult-appeal like Totoro? How close is it to the story of the little mermaid?)

Series:

Haikyuu!! - I mentioned on another forum that Hajime No Ippo was amazing to me as it made me captivated despite that I am not a boxing fan. The poster said that Haikyuu will do the same for soccer.

One Piece - I checked out once the Ballaista, or Ballasta thing happened. I think it must have been after episode 100. All the episodes were still letterbox SD so that sucked, but I didnt watch the dub. The thing is.. There are 800 episodes of this and the time it would take to watch this makes me feel guilty just thinking about it.
I liked what I saw, but sometimes the show felt sort of slow. I've heard it gets really good after a while and more people join the strawhats. I want to get into it, but I don't know if One Piece is running out into the sand like Bleach:(

Gintama - It's on top of all the anime list, so I want to get into it. I feel I am missing out. Fewer episodes. In the Gintama thread they said to at least give it 20 episodes to let me get hooked. Is it worth it?

Shingeki No Bahamut - I saw 7 episodes and I liked what I saw but unsure if I should continue.

End of Evangelion movie 2 - I saw the first movie, had never seen Evengalion before and I thought it was beautiful but I was not sure if I was emotionally invested. Some people said film 2 is better. Should I just go back and watch the series instead?

Haikyuu, Space Dandy, and Kill la Kill are all godlike.

Both these shows should be your priority.

Kpfha7I.gif

Spirited Away
Watch both.

Oh it's going to go to places that you could never even imagine, but yeah, watch it.

Yeah, it's good stuff

Yeah, it's pretty well liked, watch it inbetween stuff because there's a lot.

Yeah, watch the series.

Watch all those movies.

Haikyuu!! - People really like it. If you like sports shonen you should be good.

Kill La Kill - Really depends. People either love it, hate it or wish it was better (me) there are way better shows you could spend your time on, like -

Space Dandy - Watch it. It has some genuinely amazing episodes, great animation, and a good mix of comedy/drama. Some episodes are far weaker then others. If you had to choose between Kill la Kill and Space Dandy definitely watch Dandy, there are single episodes of Dandy worth more then all of KLK

Gintama - It's really, really good. Currently in the process of watching it, wholeheartedly recommend it. It does take around 25 episodes to get good imo, others liked it better before then.

Shingeki no Bahamut - If you watched 7 episodes you watched all the good ones. Only continue if you want.

Zankyou no Terror - No. Avoid.

One Piece - For the love of God man, do not watch the One Piece anime. Save yourself some goddamn time and pain and read the manga.

End of Evangelion movie 2 - I assume you mean Rebuild 2.22. Yes, go back and watch the original series.

John Blade

Look like my guess was right. Like in every romance anime when it reach to the end, they will be a situation which will challenge the lover and this is what we're seeing right now.

Look like Aoi's father doesn't like the idea of who Aoi is marry to and want Aoi to get back home. I am guessing another man will marry Aoi (which is expected for this) as this is the proper way to do as Kaoru is out of the family clan.

I am hoping Kaoru will get to Aoi home and will fight for his love of Aoi and proof to them why he is in love with her.

cajunator

Banned

Movies:

Series:

Ill comment on the ones I bolded.

Spirited Away - phenomenal movie. Gorgeous art, and I mean really gorgeous. One of Ghibli's best looking movies. Storywise the end is a little weak, but Chihiro does have character growth and stuff happens. Its a very magical feeling movie. Extremely charming. This hyperbole is not used lightly. I am thoroughly in love with Spirited Away.

Ponyo is definitely more children oriented. It doesnt insult your intelligence, but its not a very deep movie. Storywise its really not like Little Mermaid at all aside from an underwater girl becoming human. Its not romantic, just platonic. And very VERY cute. II would criticize the story a bit later on as it gets REALLY bizarre, but this show has a lot of heart in true Miyazaki fashion.

Yona is very much like Story of SAiunkoku in feel, and really explores the ways of kingdoms, corruption and politics, power struggles, and Yona's life getting caught up in all of it. Yona is pretty strong herself, and not just a pushover despite her looks. she is also a CUTIE. Love the hell out of this show.

Kill La Kill has mixed reviews. It is as frenetic as Gainax, with all the jerky animation cuts, over the top character designs, and absurd scenarios. If you want a show that eschews production quality sometimes for the sake of just going way out there and doing crazy stuff, this is your show. The characters are pretty fun, with lots of posing and a very shounen mindset towards competition for power, as well as truly insane abilities and weaponry. A whole lot of the best kind of fun.

Space Dandy is a bit more subdued. not exactly like Cowboy Bebop, but enough of a space saga to be enjoyable for most people. Some occasionally well animated scenes and memorable characters. An overabundance of the word boobies. Just watch it!

If there aren't any images, I don't really care, and I'm on mobile on a crappy phone.

I agree. Gaf mobile is pretty touchy, and editing out large parts of a post on mobile to quote it is a huge pain in the ass. When I respond to a long post that way, its 99% of the time when I am mobile.

Nisemonogatari 5

Aww man seeing Tsubasa embarrassed was so good.😎 Damn does she look so great with short hair. It seems like Karen herself is into big trouble by trying to go against that Con artist. Araragi is trying to take Karen's suffering on to himself.

Also that end, kiss lol.😐

cajunator

Banned
Nisemonogatari 5

Aww man seeing Tsubasa embarrassed was so good.😎 Damn does she look so great with short hair. It seems like Karen herself is into big trouble by trying to go against that Con artist. Araragi is trying to take Karen's suffering on to himself.

Also that end, kiss lol.😐

She looks great with any length hair.

What's up with Gansta's release schedule anyway? Funi says episodes premiere on Sunday, but they show up on Wednesday.

One could give Funimation the benefit of the doubt as the international licensor (Bandai Visual iirc) wouldn't want the show leaking due to fansubs before the Sunday Tokyo airing as it premieres every Wednesday in the Osaka/Kyoto/Nara area on Wednesdays, but it's easily likely to be the "eh fuck it, we'll get it up sometime during the week" mentality.

Cornbread78

Working S2 ep.1-6:
tumblr_nrv6rd1YMf1ta7pubo1_500.gif

This show is just so much fun to watch. All the characters are unique and they play off each other well. Yamada was a good addition, even though she is super annoying. Inami continues to impress me with her punches; the apology and explaination punch was the best one yet since it magde me burst out laughing....

Tuck

Movies:

Series:

Read one piece, don't bother with the anime. Manga is much better and you'll get through it faster.

phaze

Steins;Gate 22

I don't think I've ever seen a more tsundere character than Makise Kurisu. She might have beaten even Rin and her Unlimited Tsundere Works. At least she's the non violent kind.

Really touching episode. And what a way to twist that knife at the very end. GG Okabe,
you "literally" killed the love of your life at the precise moment of her confessing love for you.

Suzuha and her time machine have, for quite some time, seemed like a way to get out of this conundrum unscathed and given that warped ED and the last scene, it seems that might be where the things are headed. Would tie neatly into the opening scene of the first episode. Though given the scream from then, things might still not go very smoothly. The fact that still nothing is known about Makise's killer or his motivations kinda creeps me out. I hope this won't be another Moeka, Braun moment. I really don't think there is any named character left capable of pulling that stunt but hey that's also what I thought about FB's identity. Suzuha maybe ?

Still no clue what is up with Mayuri. She acts normally for 9 episodes then throws line that implies she was wholly aware of what was transpiring this whole time. Steins Gate* incarnated into a human being clearly.

* Still don't have any idea what that is either.

Will try to finish the last three episodes today.

Cornbread78

cornbread watching good anime

Working is great, have you seen the light and embrace Yamada?

NO! I hate freeloaders... However, she does play a good role on the show:
tumblr_nbb7igKxB31r4vymlo1_500.gif

Maybe I'm a masochist too... (love the hair in the background here. Popura is really good too)

tumblr_mrlupjrFb11rbmuyxo1_500.gif

e_i

Seriyuu's Life episode 4

The web radio show director looks like the most bored motherfucker ever. His face looks like a drunken doodle.

Ushio and Tora Episode 4

Needs something to show that the series has a longer plot than just the two trying to tame each other. So far, the only reason to watch is just the climax and resolution each episode.

Preferred the electric attack at the start and the spear.

cajunator

Banned
Working S2 ep.1-6:
tumblr_nrv6rd1YMf1ta7pubo1_500.gif

This show is just so much fun to watch. All the characters are unique and they play off each other well. Yamada was a good addition, even though she is super annoying. Inami continues to impress me with her punches; the apology and explaination punch was the best one yet since it magde me burst out laughing....

I cant...

Steins;Gate 22

I don't think I've ever seen a more tsundere character than Makise Kurisu. She might have beaten even Rin and her Unlimited Tsundere Works. At least she's the non violent kind.

Really touching episode. And what a way to twist that knife at the very end. GG Okabe,
you "literally" killed the love of your life at the precise moment of her confessing love for you.

Suzuha and her time machine have, for quite some time, seemed like a way to get out of this conundrum unscathed and given that warped ED and the last scene, it seems that might be where the things are headed. Would tie neatly into the opening scene of the first episode. Though given the scream from then, things might still not go very smoothly. The fact that still nothing is known about Makise's killer or his motivations kinda creeps me out. I hope this won't be another Moeka, Braun moment. I really don't think there is any named character left capable of pulling that stunt but hey that's also what I thought about FB's identity. Suzuha maybe ?

Still no clue what is up with Mayuri. She acts normally for 9 episodes then throws line that implies she was wholly aware of what was transpiring this whole time. Steins Gate* incarnated into a human being clearly.

* Still don't have any idea what that is either.

Will try to finish the last three episodes today.

Kurisu is the best kind of tsundere. she is a surpreme example of tsundereness gone absolutely right. If only all anime girls could follow her example.

New pickups. RS just shipped out Snafu S1 Bluray today. Will take some more pics of the Persona 4 Set when I open it.

Nice pick ups! I need to get Inari kon kon eventually. Concentrating on the limited edition stuff for now.

Jex

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/myedf/e/e6b2115f210fe2e5690c3c53866eb158

A new season of Yamato 2199 has officially been announced. It's not 2199 though, since it's an actual sequel this time. No title yet. 26 episodes like the first series. Theatrical screening format before TV. Story will be a remake of Farewell Yamato and Yamato 2, mixed together with original stuff. They want to make even more new Yamato stuff after this season ends, 3-4 things in the works. The series will be released later in 2016. Still early.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!

Fuckk yesss.

Now all that teasing and set up in the Space Battleship Yamato 2199: Odyssey of the Celestial Ark will actually get a chance to pay off!

Series:

Akatuski No Yona - Very good and goes against most of the annoying troupes of the damsel in distress (Happens sometimes but nowhere near other series). 3rd

Haikyuu!! - One of the better shounen sport animes out there, avoids going to far into shounen like Kuroko. 4th

Kill La Kill - It's a trigger anime, it has it's share of greatness and pain. 5th

Space Dandy - Really wacky and out there. Some weak episodes here and there but an amazing experience else wise. 2nd

Zankyou No Terror - Never Watched. No comment.

One Piece - It's a great series, but I'd say just read the manga. The anime for the last 100-200 episodes has caught to close to the manga so it has turned extremely slow. Not to mention Toei has fucked up the art to high hell the past few years. 7th

Gintama - Gintama is an amazing show, the right amount of comedy and action. The biggest flaw it has is it's weak start. The first 20-30 episodes are not bad but nothing amazing. Only by 25-30 chapters/episodes in does the manga pick up and likewise the anime follows suit. After you break through the slow grind of the early episodes you are left with one of the best anime/mangas out there. Make sure to skip the first and second episodes since they are Anime original and not good nor have any impact on the story. 1st

Shingeki No Bahamut - It's a interesting adaption of a Mobile game. Nothing amazing but nothing terrible either. 6th

Put my comments/thoughts in above. Also gave each a rank (1st being the best and 7th being the worst) in how much worth it is to watch the anime.

Nisemonogatari 6

image.jpg1_zpseegqr7qy.jpg

Shinobu is Amazing.😎

Man is Shinobu so splendid especially her behavior with her ha ha. I have to say though I can't be the only one who doesn't like Senjougahara that much. She isn't terrible per se but she's too much of a crazy tsundere for my taste. So she's a bit meh in my eyes.

Karen has ran away and Shinobu is helping Araragi to track her down.

What the heck, no Umaru OR Gangsta today? What's up with this :(

I guess we have to wait till Sunday.😌

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom