• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Child actors ruin 95% of the shows they're in.
They're not all Jake Lloyd though!

Well it really depends on what the show is. Like if it were a comedy type of show then it has a better chance of being good as opposed to one that's serious and dramatic.
Roseanne and The Cosby Show did fine with having the children be an big part of the family at least. I guess people like the kids on Modern Family, to use a more contemporary example.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So what's good this season.

Give it to me.
Prison School
Gatchaman Crowds Insight
Himouto Umaru-chan
Shokugeki no Soma

These shows are worth checking out if you find the concept interesting:
Ushio to Tora
Rokka no Yuusha
Gangsta
Robot Girls Z
Akagami no Shirayukihime

There are lots of bad shows that are hyped up this season. Be careful. 8)

Prison School
Gatchaman Crowds Insight
Himouto Umaru-chan
Shokugeki no Soma

These shows are worth checking out if you find the concept interesting:
Ushio to Tora
Rokka no Yuusha
Gangsta
Robot Girls Z
Akagami no Shirayukihime

There are lots of bad shows that are hyped up this season. Be careful. 8)

The lack of Working!!!, Shimoneta and God Eater hurts my heart.

Also, School Live. That show is quite something.

Gintama 228

So the episode was really good but howcome Gintoki has a Harem in the new OP??? And why is Kyubei there?

CLNQb_9VAAAvKr1.png:large

The ED is good too

duckroll

Animator Expo 25 - Hammerhead

That was pretty cool. Really fluid animation, great flow, fantastic effects, and a really effect and focused theme for a short narrative. It plays around with a lot of dark hero tropes, and while it doesn't really subvert them so much as use them as flavoring to build an interesting setting, it's creative enough that I can say it's not really the sort of thing we see enough with superhero stuff. I would say this is tied with Power Plant No.33 among the shorts for the sort of setting I would love to see expanded for a longer series or film. One thing I really liked about the script in this one is how it essentially works as both an ending to an assumed longer running story, and also as an origin story for a new beginning for this character. The way it uses familiar hero concepts is really cool.

Now that it's back, I should probably catch up on the few shorts from last season which I haven't watched yet...

Saudades

How can you not love it?

Motherfucker it's anime Batman Beyond OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVdTbiLku48
Holy shit that's an OP for a kid's show?
Heh, I gave up on the first episode since I thought it was very boring. But I plan on going back since my taste have evolved since then and I didn't give the show time to convince me.
Hah I loved the first episode. I remember sitting there in the dark at 4am as the credits rolled and I just had some existential crisis. It just really pulled me in and immersed me in this world, man they don't make series like that anymore do they? Texhnolyze is amazing, everyone should watch it.
I love Texh's first ep - it's prob my favorite ep of the show and one of my favorite openers ever. It's pretty amazing how
they went half the episode before the first lines of dialogue show up (the rest of the ep is pretty light on dialogues too)

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 2

secRYzY.jpg

The background art looks really great.

Man I can't be the only one who's in love with the OST. It has that old school vibe to it. This anime is definitely a keeper. So far the Yamato plan has succeeded and is headed for Iscandar. Gotta save Earth.

So far the characters are pretty enjoyable.

Except for when Tsukamoto is in every OP despite never showing up and they give him shit for it everytime he does show up

Remember when Gintama always provided a introduction to the Amanto plotline and showed flying vehicles, yeah I don't remember either.

Kaichou wa Maid Sama:
tumblr_njgzj9oigX1rcufwuo1_500.gif

Watched the first 6 episodes of this one so far and it's been enjoyable. It's focused mostly on her backstory and her development, mostly in a comedic way) but the MC isn't bad I guess. She is more of the over-acheiving insufforable type that hates men, lol.

Oh man, I feel like this show is really easy to skip over at a glance, but I'm glad I watched it.

Great characters, such a fun show.

Just replace it with a gundam and you've got the full story.

just remind yourself to watch the 2nd movie after you finish episode 265 before watching the new season

yep

Be Forever Yorozuya can be watched at any time, but it's more effective before the new season because they've done that shit so many times

javac

I love Texh's first ep - it's prob my favorite ep of the show and one of my favorite openers ever. It's pretty amazing how
they went half the episode before the first lines of dialogue show up (the rest of the ep is pretty light on dialogues too)

Yeah its great, I really got pulled into the show, sometimes I even forgot that I was actually watching something because I was just in a meditative state. It was an amazing experience watching Texhnolyze. I also have a habit for loving episodes with little to no dialogue. I'm looking at you Aku no Hana you glorious show. I wish more creators had that much faith in their series and in their audience, not to hold their hand all the way and let them figure shit out for themselves, it's good shit.

Texhnolyze 1-8 thoughts

Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention, but the lead really isn't grabbing me. He either screams or punches at things, or stumbles around a city. Mustache bro and sword mobster are better characters. I mean he's supposed to be like an underground MMA fighter or some shit, but has yet to show any skill in fighting lol.

Besides that though I'm enjoying the show. The first episode makes you think it's going to be something completely different with its tone and direction, but it has settled down to Serial Experiment Lain feeling.

I can see why I didn't watch the show when I tried to back in the days. Back then I wanted more straightforward harem/rom com/action shonen anime. So Deus Ex Machina: Human Revolution the anime wasn't going to grab me. Now I'm enjoying it.

Phatmac

I can tolerate some fan service but jeez who the fuck let the ecchi director out of his prison cause Nisemontagari makes me feel way more creepy than Bakemongatari ever did. That toothbrush scene alone has left me questioning why I watch this smut but the goddess appears to make it all worth it.
giphy.gif

cajunator

Banned
I can tolerate some fan service but jeez who the fuck let the ecchi director out of his prison cause Nisemontagari makes me feel way more creepy than Bakemongatari ever did. That toothbrush scene alone has left me question why I watch this smut but the goddess appears to make it all worth it.
giphy.gif

Crab lady is best lady

I can tolerate some fan service but jeez who the fuck let the ecchi director out of his prison cause Nisemontagari makes me feel way more creepy than Bakemongatari ever did. That toothbrush scene alone has left me question why I watch this smut but the goddess appears to make it all worth it.
giphy.gif

Honestly to me Senjougahara is probably the worst out of all the girls. I just can't stand her that much.

Shinobu, Tsubasa (short hair), and Kanbaru are truly the goddesses.

Sweet Jesus is short hair Tsubasa absolutely amazing.

Phatmac

Honestly to me Senjougahara is probably the worst out of all the girls. I just can't stand her that much.

The best thing about the show is that all the girls are mostly great. I'd be fine with it being a harem type show since they're all so good. I need more Shinobu damnit. Flame me all you want but I hate Araragi's sisters. It honestly felt like Fate Stay Night with all their being a hero and fakes crap. Toothbrush scene is irredeemable in my eyes to the little big sister.

The best thing about the show is that all the girls are mostly great. I'd be fine with it being a harem type show since they're all so good. I need more Shinobu damnit.

Honestly even though Araragi is dating Senjougahara it still feels like a full blown harem considering the way Araragi interacts with all the other girls. At times I question whether or not he's actually dating Senjougahara.

Then again I guess Monogatari is a harem whether you accept it or not.

Jarmel

Banned
Honestly even though Araragi is dating Senjougahara it still feels like a full blown harem considering the way Araragi interacts with all the other girls. At times I question whether or not he's actually dating Senjougahara.

It's a hierarchy. Crab is bottom bitch.

Phatmac

She said she's fine with flings but she'll probably kill them all if he actually cheats on her. I do agree with you that it's already passed that line with every character getting on his dick for fan service. Bake is so much better than Nise so far. I'm shocked at how much I dislike Nise at the moment.

It's a hierarchy. Crab is bottom bitch.

Crab is Cat's bitch though.😎 I mean she calls Tsubasa with sama/master.

She said she's fine with flings but she'll probably kill them all if he actually cheats on her. I do agree with you that it's already passed that line with every character getting on his dick for fan service. Bake is so much better than Nise so far. I'm shocked at how much I dislike Nise at the moment.

She wouldn't kill Tsubasa since she's scared of her. Tsubasa is basically Senjougahara's master.

Phatmac

Sweet Jesus is short hair Tsubasa absolutely amazing.
....you may have a point here. I hope Senjo doesn't get short hair by the end of the show. Seems like everyone else is.

cajunator

Banned

Then again I guess Monogatari is a harem whether you accept it or not.

its a harem cleverly disguised under substance. There is really nothing like Monogatari that Ive ever seen.

A lot of people thought Nise was a step back.
Aside from Platinum Disco which is the greatest thing.

Jarmel

Banned
Arararararagi has a system on how he interacts with each girl. This system is dependent on where the girl places on the hierarchy and who is with him at the time.

Crab and Bat are obviously at the top of this hierarchy. Now separate from him, the girls have their own system and knowledge as to where they rank.

All of that said, he will molest anyone at any time he deems fit.

javac

Speaking of openings, I take it nobody here skips them? I've never skipped one and never will, same goes for the ED and even the "Next Time!" stinger at the end, I just can't. They probably rack up a lot of hours of screen-time over the course of many series but still it's integral to the experience damn it! A lot of people skip em, those people disgust me.

Also those girls have eggs on their heads.

Directly after that video was this one...

Also, Akame ga Kill is excellent. In my top 5 levels of excellent.
Well... unless this last episode changes my opinion of it drastically.
Speaking of openings, I take it nobody here skips them? I've never skipped one and never will, same goes for the ED and even the "Next Time!" stinger at the end, I just can't. They probably rack up a lot of hours of screen-time over the course of many series but still it's integral to the experience damn it! A lot of people skip em, those people disgust me.

You have never decided to rewatch the entirety of One Piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom