• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly the only Opening I completely skipped was Code Geass's Second Opening. That Opening was completely terrible. The singer's voice was cracking and I just couldn't stand it especially when I came from the first opening Colors by Flow which was amazing.

It's shit.

To be honest I can't stand the first OP either. Whatever people see in that...

John Blade

A decent filler episode which have a small part to push the story a bit here. Love Taeko's driving arch story which is funny to watch. The scene of the King game when Aoi have to tell the people her 1st crush was sad to see as you know she can't tell them the name as the person is in the same room with her. A decent episode to watch and did smile a bit as I am watching.

I guess this is where the show story is starting to move on a bit now as you can see the issue of not sharing their love is causing this big issue in the home.

Hammerhead [Animator Expo]

This was pretty badass, It was also really fucked up. Too bad that it's so short, Maybe we'll see more Hammerhead someday, I sure hope so.

Speaking of openings, I take it nobody here skips them? I've never skipped one and never will, same goes for the ED and even the "Next Time!" stinger at the end, I just can't. They probably rack up a lot of hours of screen-time over the course of many series but still it's integral to the experience damn it! A lot of people skip em, those people disgust me.

Some OP's and ED's are pretty bad so if they aren't worth my time I'll just skip them, not going to waste my time on some mediocre song.

For endings it also depends on the bit after the credits, shows like Lucky Star and Working use the "next episode" bit as a joke so I'm more inclined to watch it all the way through.

Endings that are pretty creative, the Love Live! Endings for example are the best though, I'll never skip those.

phaze

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 2

Man I can't be the only one who's in love with the OST. It has that old school vibe to it. This anime is definitely a keeper. So far the Yamato plan has succeeded and is headed for Iscandar. Gotta save Earth.

So far the characters are pretty enjoyable.

Remember when Gintama always provided a introduction to the Amanto plotline and showed flying vehicles, yeah I don't remember either.

"Sir, our planet is in ruins, we are constantly bombarded by meteorites and we are at war with some massive galactic empire that thrashes our fleet at their convenience."

"I know ! We should send our best, super secret and super powerfull ship on a rabbit chase deep into into the fringes of space to acquire a device that would let us restore Earth to its former glory !"

"But sir. We are still at war and in constant meteor rain. Shouldn't we maybe attempt to deal with that before trying to heal earth ?"

" ... Are you insane ?!"

Spoilers for 5-6/7
I know they dealt with the Pluto base but that wasn't in the original plan.

Also Platinum Disco sucks.

Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan 1-4

I've been enjoying this show much more than I expected. I went in expecting harem of girls fighting to open their legs for the MC, but it hasn't degraded to that...yet. So far I've been enjoying the whole 'teacher has quirky ways of helping his students" angle they're been going with.

You used to be cool.

cajunator

Banned
Some of the best faces/expressions of any anime character ever.
b176f92e085bfafa0c5d5f9818108633_zpsxhyjd8yp.jpg

The manga used to just be a sort of guilty pleasure of mine, but the anime has seriously won me over. Great stuff, loving every second of it... And now kind of dreading Kii's introduction later down the line...

Suu/Papi combo is some POWERFUL moe~

Man...another filler episode but this time the story is targeting to Mayu and her date with Kaoru. Maybe a quick tip for people who have no clue of dating someone or doing it for the 1st time. Maybe start your date either going to a restaurant for a meal or go to a nice park for a walk as Mayu is dress in her new clothes and this is a good time to show it off a bit.

I will admit a bit did got a chuckle when she try to bowl for the 1st time but the entire date with Kaoru is boring I have to say. Guess the part where Mayu playing the piano sound good enough. Also, I guess Mayu isn't annoying if she is with Kaoru which help her character a bit here. Wish she act like this with other people.....

Enishi means friends and this season is definitely about friendships. Some feelings get mightily hurt too.

Monmusu 04

Suu is adorable until you realize that she could digest pretty much anything that is inside her.

Classic fridge horror.

"Sir, our planet is in ruins, we are constantly bombarded by meteorites and we are at war with some massive galactic empire that thrashes our fleet at their convenience."

"I know ! We should send our best, super secret and super powerfull ship on a rabbit chase deep into into the fringes of space to acquire a device that would let us restore Earth to its former glory !"

"But sir. We are still at war and in constant meteor rain. Shouldn't we maybe attempt to deal with that before trying to heal earth ?"

" ... Are you insane ?!"

Spoilers for 5-6/7
I know they dealt with the Pluto base but that wasn't in the original plan.

Aw HELL NO

phaze

Texhnolyze 1-8 thoughts

Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention, but the lead really isn't grabbing me. He either screams or punches at things, or stumbles around a city. Mustache bro and sword mobster are better characters. I mean he's supposed to be like an underground MMA fighter or some shit, but has yet to show any skill in fighting lol.

Besides that though I'm enjoying the show. The first episode makes you think it's going to be something completely different with its tone and direction, but it has settled down to Serial Experiment Lain feeling.

I can see why I didn't watch the show when I tried to back in the days. Back then I wanted more straightforward harem/rom com/action shonen anime. So Deus Ex Machina: Human Revolution the anime wasn't going to grab me. Now I'm enjoying it.

yoshaluz7.png

Yoshii and Onishi do certainly carry the show. Ichise gets better in time. You blasted through the slowest parts without seemingly suffering much, so you should be alright with rest too.

It's pretty sweet

I'LL BE YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL

WUB WUB WUB WUB

Tsuki no Uta > Guardian Angel.

ngower

Hey Anime-GAF.

I'm nowhere near as big a fan of the medium as most of y'all, but still like it better than your average Joe. I've worked through most of Sailor Moon Crystal, seen all of Attack on Titan and dabbled in a bunch of the series on Adult Swim/Toonami years ago. Looking for something to sink my teeth into now, but don't know where to start. I looked at the best of 2014 results and of those, but don't really know where to start. What's big/hot right now? What's something that might be a worthwhile investment? I know this is all vague, but it's because I have no idea what sub-genres I'm into. Thanks in advance for your help, please don't berate me because I am asking such an open-ended question haha.

Hey Anime-GAF.

I'm nowhere near as big a fan of the medium as most of y'all, but still like it better than your average Joe. I've worked through most of Sailor Moon Crystal, seen all of Attack on Titan and dabbled in a bunch of the series on Adult Swim/Toonami years ago. Looking for something to sink my teeth into now, but don't know where to start. I looked at the best of 2014 results and of those, but don't really know where to start. What's big/hot right now? What's something that might be a worthwhile investment? I know this is all vague, but it's because I have no idea what sub-genres I'm into. Thanks in advance for your help, please don't berate me because I am asking such an open-ended question haha.

Check the second post in the thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=170542205&postcount=2

Especially the 'Recommendations for people new to anime / getting back into anime' part

Hey Anime-GAF.

If you want to watch something new that would appeal to you as a fan of Toonami stuff check out Ushio & Tora subbed on crunchyroll.

If you're looking for something a bit older you could check out either seraph of the end or assassination classroom both are fully dubbed and subbed on funimations website

You can also join toonami gaf saturday nights from 12-3:30 the block currently contains

Dbz kai
Kill la kill
Michiko and hatchin
Sword art online 2
Naruto shippuden
One piece
Attack on titan

And next week kill la kill is finishing and getting replaced by akame ga kill a show you'd probably like if you've enjoyed toonami shows in the past.

ngower

If you want to watch something new that would appeal to you as a fan of Toonami stuff check out Ushio & Tora subbed on crunchyroll.

If you're looking for something a bit older you could check out either seraph of the end or assassination classroom both are fully dubbed and subbed on funimations website

You can also join toonami gaf saturday nights from 12-3:30 the block currently contains

Dbz kai
Kill la kill
Michiko and hatchin
Sword art online 2
Naruto shippuden
One piece
Attack on titan

And next week kill la kill is finishing and getting replaced by akame ga kill a show you'd probably like if you've enjoyed toonami shows in the past.

Maybe I overstated my interest in the Toonami stuff haha. I'm definitely more akin to the Animal Crossing/Studio Ghibli/warm and fuzzy side of anime than the XXXTREME side.

phaze

Didn't see it posted here

Attack on Titan Jr High Spinoff PV

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wm3WBqihF-A

Just what you've all been asking for

God is real.
Hey Anime-GAF.

It's hard to really pick anything in particular but Fate/Zero is very well regarded in general and seems like a good fit for most new people. Just bear in mind that it's grim, depressing and quite disturbing in places. More so than AoT. Don't let the corny premise or the first, over long and talky episode discourage you. It also takes a while to build up. Second half of the show is much superior to the first.

There isn't anything really worthwhile airing at the moment.

Maybe I overstated my interest in the Toonami stuff haha. I'm definitely more akin to the Animal Crossing/Studio Ghibli/warm and fuzzy side of anime than the XXXTREME side.

Perhaps Kyousougiga then ? Skip ep 0 should you decide to give it a try.

Watch Non Non Biyori then, maybe you missed it. There's also a second season currently airing!

TheRancor

Animator Expo 25 - Hammerhead

Wow, that was really well produced, the animation was a blast to watch, really gory and cool looking, loads of well realized detail, superb effects etc. It's narrative focus on a nihilistic hero is stunted due to it's short length and the constant narration serves as a thematic crutch while said narrator almost feels inserted halfheartedly for the main purpose of explaining things, though director Mahiro Maeda does his best to make you feel emotionally invested with slick use of editing, juxtaposing past and future scenes in a smooth manner. It's an understandable decision when working in the length of a short but ripe for a longer treatment (like a few other Animator Expo shorts). The pseudo superhero music was also entertaining to listen to and well used. Despite a bunch of limitations, it's still a creative use of superhero ideas with it's own twist and just fun to watch.

Cornbread78

Hey Anime-GAF.

Welcome brotha. Well, what do you feel like watching? You want some action/violance, do you want to be taken on an adventure, do want to laugh you ass off, do you want to watch a comfy romance, a romcom, a sophomoric humor comedy even some ecchi shit that'll give you a nosebleed, lol.

We got ya.

Whoops, I was late to the party

Non Non Biyori is great, then watch Barakamon for another chill show.

Pooya

shirayuki 4

This is just too sappy, Zen posioned cry me a river, they embrace. so drama. oh the kid teacher has issues whatever. This show is like, I don't know. I don't get any of it.

dropped maybe, I don't know.

oh and the kid has same voice of Nakiami from Xam'd, that brought back a lot of horrible memories.

TheRancor

shirayuki 4

This is just too sappy, Zen posioned cry me a river, they embrace. so drama. oh the kid teacher has issues whatever. This show is like, I don't know. I don't get any of it.

dropped maybe, I don't know.

oh and the kid has same voice of Nakiami from Xam'd, that brought back a lot of horrible memories.
Dat soundtrack by Oshima tho. Same composer for Xam'd! :p

Speaking of openings, I take it nobody here skips them? I've never skipped one and never will, same goes for the ED and even the "Next Time!" stinger at the end, I just can't. They probably rack up a lot of hours of screen-time over the course of many series but still it's integral to the experience damn it! A lot of people skip em, those people disgust me.

Also those girls have eggs on their heads.

I only skip OPs if the song and visuals don't appeal to me over time. This doesn't happen very often though. They usually end up growing on me.

Same goes for EDs, though it happens more often than it does for OPs. It's usually when I'm marathoning shows and want to see what happens next. Or when I want to see the preview of the next episode right away for ongoing shows.

If I had to list some of my favourite OPs it would be:

TTGL's Sorario Days
Jojo's Bloody Stream
Code Geass' Colours
Shin Mazinger Z's Kanjite Knight and The Guardian
GaoGaiGar's Yuusha oh Tanjou
Getter Robo Armageddon's HEATS.

Just to name a few.

JulianImp

Edit: To whoever asked for anime to watch, I'd advise avoiding Sword Art Online like the plague, since it's a downright stupid power fantasy about a randomly Chosen One protagonist that builds a harem while being the best at everything, partly thanks to a neverending list of deus ex machinas that save the day at the end of every season.

If you're into milder and more relaxed stuff, I'd recommend (in descending order of how much I liked them):
  • Non Non Byori
  • Shirobako
  • Bartender
  • Mushishi
  • Hibike! Euphonium
  • Sakamichi no Apollon (Kids on the Slope)
  • Hanayamata (not all that good, but okay-ish)

School Live episode 4

What the fuck are wearing Miki? Moonlighting as a underaged prostitute or something?

笑... Those were my exact sentiments when that scene showed up. It's perfect for having someone walk in and think you're just watching something lewd.

To whoever asked for anime to watch, I'd advise avoiding Sword Art Online like the plague, since it's a downright stupid power fantasy about a randomly Chosen One protagonist that builds a harem while being the best at everything, partly thanks to a neverending list of deus ex machinas that save the day at the end of every season..

SAO ALO deserves to be watched. Its one of the best fantasty faerie experiences in anime.

I think one ought to also watch Mahouka Koukou as well.

God Eater Episode 3

That Lenka scene, litrally the reason why I love this anime so much. The above plane action was so good and then the shivers generated from watching that giant Aragami over the gorgeous sunrise happening. How can they beat that.

The scientists need more time too. I wanted to know more about what comes next. I cant wait for next week.

God Eater Episode 3

That Lenka scene, litrally the reason why I love this anime so much. The above plane action was so good and then the shivers generated from watching that giant Aragami over the gorgeous sunrise happening. How can they beat that.

The scientists need more time too. I wanted to know more about what comes next. I cant wait for next week.

This scene right here:

tumblr_ns64pxzYXb1qj5jqso1_500.gif

#mint

JulianImp

SAO ALO deserves to be watched. Its one of the best fantasty faerie experiences in anime.

I think one ought to also watch Mahouka Koukou as well.

I tend to disagree because there's zero world-building. ALO opens with lots of races with unique skills, but then nobody ever uses any of those (Kirito uses his race's unique magic in a whole two episodes). All the ALO arc does is:
  • Kirito's sister
    (who is not blood related, rejoice!) and falls in love with his ALO character without knowing it's him (but she also kind of likes him in RL)
  • Asuna, the strong girl from season 1 that gets imprisoned by a guy bent on "making her his", and is reduced nothing but a damsel in distress for Kirito to rescue
  • Kirigod being perfect
  • That AI girl Kirito and Asuna befriended
    offering them a dungeon bypass in the finale, basically allowing Kirito to get to Asuna in a matter of minutes after they get through some stupid place
  • Deus ex machina near the end
    that allows Kirito to beat Mr Rapist Admin

I tend to disagree because there's zero world-building. ALO opens with lots of races with unique skills, but then nobody ever uses any of those (Kirito uses his race's unique magic in a whole two episodes). All the ALO arc does is:
  • Kirito's sister
    (who is not blood related, rejoice!) and falls in love with his ALO character without knowing it's him (but she also kind of likes him in RL)
  • Asuna, the strong girl from season 1 that gets imprisoned by a guy bent on "making her his", and is reduced nothing but a damsel in distress for Kirito to rescue
  • Kirigod being perfect
  • That AI girl Kirito and Asuna befriended
    offering them a dungeon bypass in the finale, basically allowing Kirito to get to Asuna in a matter of minutes after they get through some stupid place
  • Deus ex machina near the end
    that allows Kirito to beat Mr Rapist Admin

There was world building. Did you skip the huge in game event with Tonkii & Jötunheimr.

Great news, Kentaro Yabuki(one of To Love author) going to marry again.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/dilemmanichijyo/archives/45762926.html
&#23478;&#26063;&#12420;&#21451;&#20154;&#12289;&#30342;&#12364;&#31069;&#31119;&#12375;&#12390;&#12367;&#12428;&#12427;&#32032;&#25973;&#12394;&#20154;&#12392;&#24033;&#12426;&#20250;&#12356;&#12289; &#20837;&#31821;&#12375;&#12414;&#12375;&#12383;!!&#25163;&#26009;&#29702;&#12387;&#12390;&#12356;&#12356;&#12394;&#12290;<&#30690;&#21561;>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom