• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Yep, really it is:
end of humanity, the series. And it doesn't mean that they kill off the entire humanity in the story, it's that at the start of the story humanity was already reduced to a rest of a rest, but we didn't know until it was too late.

That sounds very...Saikano

ibyea

Banned
Mononoke (not Princess Mononoke, mind you) is fairly obscure, I would think. If your goal is to get good and lesser known shows it's a solid pick. I haven't watched it full disclosure

Yes, Kaiji actually ends. When I say Akagi sticks to one game it has a double meaning, the Kaiji anime ends solid enough but the Akagi anime is like UHHHH, THIS MATCH DIDN'T END AND IT HAS NO STOPPING POINT SO READ THE MANGA WAIT IT'S A DECADE LATER AND THE MATCH IS STILL GOING?

Oh yeah, I liked Kaiji's end. It probably didn't finish the actual story from the manga but it was a great stopping point.

Also I read some of Akagi's manga and man that Akagi trolling in the 5th match was something! Anime at least should have ended after that! ^_^

fertygo

N0ZXtaR.jpg

Shokugeki no Bomba

finger crossed S2 still happening with those gazillion listed production committee been somehow happy and all that jazz :(

javac

Random ramble: You know, looking at the discussion about Mononoke, I was thinking, anime series and gauging their popularity in particular is really hard, and their obscurity in general. I think the fact that a vast majority of its (anime) audience is young and always online/proactive with discussions often skews the actual data. I guess its a case of being in an echo-chamber and subconsciously going into communities that mesh with your tastes because a series like Patlabor is synonymous with anime for me, I can't remember a time that I didn't know of its existence (although of course there was such a time when I didn't know it existed), and whenever I hear about the series I hear nothing but praises. But then you realize that, maybe its obscure in the west and not that well known and bombs sales wise outside of Japan where the series is huge.

I never thought of a series like Mononoke as being obscure, just like most other auteur series of a similar nature, but I guess that's just partly due to it being something interesting to me and thus something that I'd find out about, where most causal people don't investigate further than "recommend me some anime" with the response being Bebop, Death Note and FMA, so part me being a bit more savvy with a vested interest and part existing in a loud echo-chamber.

Okay, so is a series like Tatamai Galaxy considered obscure? Because as far as I'm aware, its pretty mainstream, which I guess shows my perspective on things being fucked up.

phaze

Mushishi Movie - Suzu no Shizuku

Well, there it is. The very last of Mushishi. Fortunately the series goes out with a strong two parter. The basic set up is typical Mushishi: A girl gets chosen as the new lord of a mountain and has to give up her human life in order to serve the mountain. However she is still tied by her human side and the caring of her family.

Ginko stumbles upon the scene when things start to get sour: The girl gets taken back to her family and the mountain falls into disarray.

The atmosphere of the first half is mostly subdued and the characters and their emotions are handled with a lot of care. The outcome of the conflict seems inevitable and the first half ends with the characters accepting their unfortunate fates.

Normally this could be the melancholy end of a regular Mushishi episode. But then the second half comes around and offers something that I didn't expect to get: An end to the series that feels like a proper finale instead of just a regular episode.
Things start to go awry and ultimately Ginko is forced to directly engage with the law of the nature.

Seeing this actual conversation take place felt very climactic and forced Ginko and the law reaffirm the positions of nature, mushi and humanity and how they have to live with one another.
The conclusion itself is very in line with the rest of the series and leaves a bittersweet taste.

It was a joy to experience one last story of Mushishi and I fear it will be a long time before we get something as good and ethereal. With that said

Glad to hear it doesn't disappoint.

Awesome, thanks for this! It makes sense.But where does episode 2 come into place?

My bad, my finger slipped. Should be: 3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,9,10.

Also, does the 2015 movie a standalone to the rest of the series other than episode 9 and 10 being a prequel set up for it? Meaning will I be able to watch Arise Alternative Architecture, and then the 2015 movie, and then the other Ghost in the Shell movies like 2.0 then the Stand Alone Complex 1 and 2?

I'm not sure if I'm following you so to start from the beginning, GitS has pretty much 3 continuities, independent from each other:

1. The two Oshii movies: Ghost in the Shell (1995) and Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence (2004)

2. The SAC continuity: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (first season), Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG (2nd season) and the movie Ghost in the Shell:SAC - Solid State Society

3. Arise continuity.

All three are separate and you can jump into either without watching the other one. Arise, being a prequel that shows the beginnings of the main protagonist, doesn't run very contrary to the other continuities but it still changes some things: Kusanagi's backstory is different in SAC for example IIRC.

Do the movie versions for SAC 1 and 2 (The Laughing Man and Individual Eleven) do the series justice or do you recommend against them? Sorry for all the questions, but any answers are appreciated.

Didn't see those so I can't comment.

Hope that helped and isn't too confusing. Ask away if I omitted something or you have more questions.

Texhnolyze 19-22 thoughts

Kus2z9V.png

Jesus Christ. You did it. You destroyed it. You bastards.

Ugh. Well I mean I guess there's a beauty to it. The Mist the anime.

Don't be salty just cause your favoured ship didn't come to fruition.
ytg2pzc1zjdh.png

Okay, so is a series like Tatamai Galaxy considered obscure? Because as far as I'm aware, its pretty mainstream, which I guess shows my perspective on things being fucked up.

How obscure something is always depends on the group you're talking about.
Anyway, Tatami Galaxy is something I'd consider obscure for the larger audience, it doesn't fit in the same row as something like FMA, Death Note and Bepob.

It's not super niche though, if you go to a group of people who watched a bunch of anime and ask for a show with, for example, an interesting artstyle or college setting somebody will probably mention it.

javac

How obscure something is always depends on the group you're talking about.
Anyway, Tatami Galaxy is something I'd consider obscure for the larger audience, it doesn't fit in the same row as something like FMA, Death Note and Bepob.

It's not super niche though, if you go to a group of people who watched a bunch of anime and ask for a show with, for example, an interesting artstyle or college setting somebody will probably mention it.

I guess so. I mean I've posted sales data from Japan and UK in the past in this thread extensively I'd like to think, but for some reason I'm still bewildered at what fits where.

I guess so. I mean I've posted sales data from Japan and UK in the past in this thread extensively I'd like to think, but for some reason I'm still bewildered at what fits where.

At the end of the day obscurity doesn't really matter that much, especially in a small time place like AnimeGAF where if someone asks for recommendations only a handful of people will answer him, it's not that hard to represent your favorite, niche show as long as you give some good reasons to watch it.

This reminds me, all of you, watch the Black Lion Dub. I consider in the perfect example of how a dub can add extra entertainment value, watch it blind though.

javac

At the end of the day obscurity doesn't really matter that much, especially in a small time place like AnimeGAF where if someone asks for recommendations only a handful of people will answer him, it's not that hard to represent your favorite, niche show as long as you give some good reasons to watch it.

This reminds me, all of you, watch the Black Lion Dub. I consider in the perfect example of how a dub can add extra entertainment value, watch it blind though.

Yeah that's what I was thinking half way through writing my comment. Its not important. As long as you watched something and liked it, that's all that matters. Of course the more popular a show you like is, the better it is as more people get to appreciate it and further spread the word into other communities, but at the same time I guess that's our jobs too, to sow the seeds and help propagate the series and get them out there. A show like Ping Pong has a niche here, but you'd be surprised, a lot of circles haven't even heard of it. I guess that's not actually too surprising! :p I guess it's why I do reviews for some shows people might not have otherwise heard of or care for. I doubt most people care of my opinion on x,y and z, as they shouldn't, but at the same time if I get at least one person to so much as to look up or search Takrajima, Metropolis or Romeo and Cat Soup or whatever, that's awesome. The community here is pretty closely knit together so most of our tastes crossover and like you said, when somebody asks for recommendations, you'll get one or two Texhnolyze' for every FMA.

Risette

A Good Citizen
mononoke is obscure to the western animeverse I guess, but in japan it's like the second or third most successful (disc sales) show to air on noitaminA.

/XX/

Does anyone know what Studio Kinema Citrus is up too?
Under the Dog.

¡Ja, ja, ja, ja, ja!

No, really... the are still working at it, I suppose.

OP said:
This has been happening frequently enough lately that I just wanted to throw out a friendly reminder: solicitation, discussion, and linking of pirated material is prohibited. This includes illegal streams, torrents, aggregators, fansub & sub group discussion, links to websites containing entire anime soundtrack albums magically for free, etc. Use common sense here. Discussion of legal, ethical, and economic implications of piracy is okay..
Why this hasn't ever applied to magazine scans (except for gaming-related ones), I still don't know...

Gotta say I'll be rather surprised if the Shokugeki no Soma anime sells badly. Not only is the show executing incredible well on what it wants to be...isn't it all the kind of stuff you'd expect to sell rather well? Food+light ecchi+battle shonen-ish aspects.

JOukamachi no Dandelion - 01

It's enjoyable ?

I didn't know what to expect since the description was so vague ..but the end result is surprisingly fun to watch.

Some of those powers in the famailly are Really useless lol.

BUt so far so good. i'm really liking how the premise of the show is somewhat unique.

That guy with the predictability power seems quite useless compared to the others familly members .. and does this means that dad and mother got powers too ?

fertygo

It's all about manga sales with Souma. Disc sales don't really tell that much about the succes of manga adaptions.
yeah bout that its not doing something noteworthy for boost manga sales either, altho obviously we don't know their expectation.

But we not seeing Tokyo Ghoul type of success here.
Gotta say I'll be rather surprised if the Shokugeki no Soma anime sells badly. Not only is the show executing incredible well on what it wants to be...isn't it all the kind of stuff you'd expect to sell rather well? Food+light ecchi+battle shonen-ish aspects.

Yeah.. I'm surprised either, the early success of the manga seem setting up to being big hits but in the middle its kinda settled as middle hitter and the show not giving it much more boost.

javac

Since we were talking about obscurity above, I thought that I'd post some sales data from the UK. I've posted this data in the past but I thought that I'd collate it all together and add more info and make it hopefully easier to read. A lot of this data is old, but hopefully its still of use. Sorry in advance in regards to formatting, I'm so tired I'm struggling to keep my eyes open.

Sales figures from the end of 2012, these are the top 10 sales for the whole of 2012 in the UK:
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
#|	TITLE |		 UNITS|		DISTRIBUTOR|
1|	 ARRIETTY |				>40,000 |	CANAL UK
2|	 ORIGIN – SPIRITS OF THE PAST	|	>25,000 |	MANGA UK
3|	 THE GIRL WHO LEAPT |			>15,000 |	MANGA UK
4|	 MY NEIGHBOUR TOTORO  |		        >10,000 |	CANAL UK
5|	 SPIRITED AWAY |			>10,000 |	CANAL UK
6|	 HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE  |		>10,000 |	CANAL UK
7|	 PONYO	 |				>5,000 |	CANAL UK
8|	 DEVIL MAY CRY	 |			>5,000 |	MANGA UK
9|	 GHOST IN THE SHELL 2.0 |		>5,000 |	MANGA UK
10|	 AKIRA |				>5,000 |	MANGA UK
As for Blu-ray/DVDs that were released during 2012:
Code:
#|	TITLE |	                         UNITS |	DISTRIBUTOR
1|	ARRIETTY| 	                 >40,000|	CANAL UK
2|	POKEMON – DESTINY DEOXYS| 	 >5,000|	CANAL UK
3|	TEKKEN – BLOOD VENGEANGE|	 >5,000|	KAZE
4|	DRAGON BALL Z – SEASON 1|	 >2,500|	MANGA
5|	NARUTO SHIPPUDEN – BOX SET 8| 	 >2,500|	MANGA
6|	DRAGON BALL Z – SEASON 2|	 >2,500|	MANGA
7|	NARUTO SHIPPUDEN – BOX SET 9|	 >2,500|	MANGA
8|	DRAGON BALL Z – SEASON 3|	 >2,500|	MANGA
9|	NARUTO SHIPPUDEN – BOX SET 10| 	 >2,500|	MANGA
10	BLEACH THE MOVIE 3|	         >2,000|	KAZE
If you look at monthly 2013 sales:
Sales for all products in January 2013:
Code:
#|	TITLE|
1|	ORIGIN – SPIRITS OF THE PAST
2|	DRAGONBALL Z – COMPLETE SEASON 5
3|	THE GIRL WHO LEAPT THROUGH TIME
4|	MY NEIGHBOUR TOTORO
5|	GHOST IN THE SHELL 2.0
6|	ARRIETTY
7|	AKIRA
8|	BLEACH COMPLETE – SERIES 9
9|	HIGH SCHOOL OF THE DEAD
10|	SPIRITED AWAY
Code:
[B]Top 10 New Releases (January):[/B]
#|	TITLE|	                                        LABEL|
1|	DRAGONBALL Z – COMPLETE SEASON 5 	        MANGA UK
2|	BLEACH COMPLETE – SERIES 9	                KAZE
3|	BLEACH – SERIES 10 – PT 1	                KAZE
4|	JOURNEY TO AGARTHA	                        KAZE
5|	CODE GEASS- LELOUCH OF THE REBELLION- S1	KAZE
6|	PERSONA 4 – THE ANIMATION – BOX 1	        KAZE
7|	BERSERK – FILM 1 EGG OF THE KING	        KAZE
8|	SHIKI PT 2	                                MANGA UK 
9|	THE WORLD GOD ONLY KNOWS – SERIES TWO	        MANGA UK
10|	CANAAN – COMPLETE SERIES – EPISODES 1-13	MVM
Also just some additional info on the numbers above:
To make it in to the top 10 for new releases, you only need to sell more than 100 copies.
Sales for all products in February 2013:
Code:
#|	TITLE|
1|	SPIRITED AWAY
2|	BLEACH THE MOVIE – 4 HELL VERSE	
3|	THE GIRL WHO LEAPT THROUGH TIME
4|	MY NEIGHBOUR TOTORO
5|	ARRIETTY
6|	ORIGIN – SPIRITS OF THE PAST
7|	HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE
8|	DRAGONBALL Z – COMPLETE SEASON 5	
9|	NINJA SCROLL
10|	TIGER & BUNNY – VOL 1 – EPISODES 1-7
Code:
[B]Top 6 New Releases (February):[/B]
#|	TITLE|
1|	BLEACH THE MOVIE – 4 HELL VERSE
2|	TIGER & BUNNY – VOL 1 – EPISODES 1-7
3|	BAKA & TEST – SUMMON THE BEASTS 2	
4|	BODACIOUS SPACE PIRATES – PT 1 – EPS 1-8
5|	EDEN OF THE EAST COMPLETE COLLECTION
6|	NEEDLESS – PT 2
Sales for all products in March 2013:
Code:
#|	TITLE|
1|	DRAGONBALL Z – COMPLETE SEASON 6
2|	NARUTO SHIPPUDEN – BOX SET 12
3|	SPIRITED AWAY
4|	CODE GEASS – LELOUCH OF THE REBELLION- 2
5|	ARRIETTY
6|	MY NEIGHBOUR TOTORO	
7|	THE GIRL WHO LEAPT THROUGH TIME
8|	BLEACH THE MOVIE – 4 HELL VERSE
9|	HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE
10|	NINJA SCROLL
Code:
[B]Top 6 New Releases (March):[/B]
#|	TITLE|
1|	DRAGONBALL Z – COMPLETE SEASON 6	
2|	NARUTO SHIPPUDEN – BOX SET 12
3|	CODE GEASS – LELOUCH OF THE REBELLION- 2
4|	MARDOCK SCRAMBLE – THE SECOND COMBUSTION
5|	SHANA – SERIES 2 PT 1
6|	DREAM EATER MERRY – COLLECTION
[B](Code Geass is a re-release.)[/B]
Sales for all products in April 2013:
Code:
#|	TITLE|
1|	POKEMON 4EVER
2|	PERSONA 4 – THE ANIMATION – BOX 2
3|	SPIRITED AWAY
4|	MY NEIGHBOUR TOTORO	
5|	THE GIRL WHO LEAPT THROUGH TIME
6|	HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE
7|	ARRIETTY
8|	OKAMI-SAN & HER 7 COMPANIONS – COMPLETE
9|	REDAKAI SEASON CONQUER THE KAIRU
10|	NARUTO SHIPPUDEN – BOX SET 12
  • To enter the chart you had to sell over 300 units.
  • The top seller sold under 1,050 units.
  • This range between top and bottom seller is par for the course for a regular month.
  • HMV returned,some titles may shift a few hundred units more from June onwards.
Code:
[B]Top 10 New Releases (April):[/B]
#|	TITLE|
1|	PERSONA 4 – THE ANIMATION – BOX 2
2|	OKAMI-SAN & HER 7 COMPANIONS – COMPLETE
3|	KING OF THORN
4|	NURA – RISE OF THE YOKAI CLAN – S1 PT 1
5|	FRACTALE – THE COMPLETE SERIES
6|	TIGER & BUNNY – VOL 2 – EPS 8-17
7|	OBLIVION ISLAND
8|	LOUPS GAROUS
9|	SHANA SERIES 2 PT 2
10|	GA-REI-ZERO – COLLECTION
  • To reach the top of the new releases, you had to sell under 800 copies.
  • The difference between #10 and #11 Vampire Princess Miyu was very small.
    Bonus: Perfect Blue Sold 55,000 copies on DVD in the UK under MANGA, which puts it in Manga's top 10 of all time.
Sales for all products in May 2013:
Code:
#|	TITLE|
1|	DRAGON BALL Z – SEASON SEVEN
2|	POKEMON 4EVER
3|	MY NEIGHBOUR TOTORO
4|	HELLSING – ULTIMATE – VOL 5-8
6|	BLEACH – COMPLETE SERIES 10
7|	BLACK ROCK SHOOTER – COMPLETE SERIES
8|	SPIRITED AWAY
9|	PENGUIN DRUM – BOX SET 1
10|	AKIRA
Code:
[B]Top 10 New Releases (May):[/B]
#|	TITLE|
1|	DRAGON BALL Z – SEASON SEVEN
2|	HELLSING – ULTIMATE – VOL 5-8
3|	BLEACH – COMPLETE SERIES 10
4|	BLACK ROCK SHOOTER – COMPLETE SERIES
5|	PENGUIN DRUM – BOX SET 1
6|	K-ON – SEASON 2 – PT 1
7|	BODACIOUS SPACE PIRATES – PT 2
8|	MAYO CHIKI – COLLECTION
9|	MAJIKOI-OH SAMURAI GIRLS COLLECTION
10|	HIGH SCHOOL OF THE DEAD – COMPLETE
  • Top seller for may sold just over 1,000 units
  • The lowest seller for May overall sales sold just over just over 350 copies
  • The lowest seller that was released during May sold around 144 copies
  • High School of the Dead might have actually been the top seller with an estimate of 1,400 units but a lot of the sales might not have been counted since a lot of the sales were not processed into the system due to a glitch.
Sales for all products in June 2013:
Code:
#|       Title|
1|	HIGH SCHOOL OF THE DEAD – COMPLETE
2|	ONE PIECE – COLLECTION 1
3|	MY NEIGHBOUR TOTORO	
4|	NARUTO SHIPPUDEN – BOX SET 13
6|	POKEMON 4EVER
7|	HELLSING – ULTIMATE – VOL 5-8
8|	NINJA SCROLL
9|	SPIRITED AWAY
10|	HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE
Code:
[B]Top 10 New Releases (June):[/B]
#|	Title|
1|	HIGH SCHOOL OF THE DEAD – COMPLETE
2|	ONE PIECE – COLLECTION 1
3|	NARUTO SHIPPUDEN – BOX SET 13
4|	BLOOD C – THE COMPLETE SERIES
5|	NARUTO SHIPPUDEN – COMPLETE SEASON 3
6|	KIDS ON THE SLOPE – COMPLETE COLLECTION
7|	KENICHI – THE MIGHTIEST DISCIPLE – PT 1
8|	WAITING IN THE SUMMER: SERIES COLLECTION
9|	FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST – BROTHERHOOD – 1	
10|	LAST EXILE – COMPLETE SEASON 1
  • To be the top seller for June overall, you had to sell over 2,000 units
  • Last Exile sold just under 200 units.
  • Bakemonogatari sold just under Last Exile, this is most likely due to the disc recalls.
  • Shiki sold less than Bakemonogatari.
  • There’s a massive gap between the top 3 sellers for new releases and the fourth – almost 600 units!
  • One Piece Box 1’s sales for its first month are better than the latest iterations of Bleach – however it is only around 60% of what Dragonball Z Box 1 shifted for month 1 and is comparable to box 13 of Naruto Shippuden/
Sales for all products in July 2013:
Code:
#|	TITLE|
1|	DRAGON BALL Z – SEASON 8
2|	ONE PIECE – COLLECTION 2
3|	KIKI’S DELIVERY SERVICE
4|	MY NEIGHBOUR TOTORO	
5|	GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES
6|	PERSONA 4 – BOX 3	
7|	STEINS GATE – PT 1	
8|	POKEMON 4EVER
9|	CAT PLANET CUTIES
10|	THE GIRL WHO LEAPT THROUGH TIME
Code:
[B]Top 10 New Releases (July):[/B]
#|	TITLE|
1|	DRAGON BALL Z – SEASON 8
2|	ONE PIECE – COLLECTION 2
3|	PERSONA 4 – BOX 3
4|	STEINS GATE – PT 1
5|	CAT PLANET CUTIES
6|	ARIA THE SCARLET AMMO
7|	FAIRY TAIL – COLLECTION 1
8|	K-ON – SEASON 2 – PT 2
9|	UN-GO – COMPLETE SERIES
10|	IS THIS A ZOMBIE – BOX SET
  • Top seller for both overall and released in July was over 1,200 units.
  • Lowest seller for Overall this month sold over 550 units, while for July the lowest in the top 10 was over 250 units.
  • Out of chart due to lower numbers was Tiger & Bunny Part 3 (not by much), Iria Collection, Bakemonogatari Pt 1 and the Nightwalker Collection.
  • There’s a solid 400 unit difference between #2 and #3 for the new releases!
Sales for all products in August 2013:
Code:
#|	TITLE|
1|	COWBOY BEBOP – BOX 1
2|	MY NEIGHBOUR TOTORO	
3|	POKEMON 4EVER
4|	AKIRA
5|	NARUTO SHIPPUDEN – THE WILL OF FIRE
6|	THE GIRL WHO LEAPT THROUGH TIME
7|	SPIRITED AWAY
8|	SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO
9|	HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE
10|	FAIRY TAIL – COLLECTION 1
Code:
[B]Top 10 New Releases (August):[/B]
#|	TITLE|
1|	COWBOY BEBOP – BOX 1
2|	NARUTO SHIPPUDEN – WILL OF FIRE
3|	SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO
4|	HORIZON ON THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE – S1
5|	HELLSING ULTIMATE PT 1-4 COLLECTION
6|	KENICHI – THE MIGHTIEST DISCIPLE – 2
7|	CLANNAD – COMPLETE SERIES COLLECTION
8|	INU X BOKU COLLECTION
9|	BAKEMONOGATARI PT 2
10|	HELLSING – THE COMPLETE ORIGINAL SERIES
  • In order to be at the top of the Overall and released in August list, you had to sell just over 1,500 units.
  • The bottom of the top sellers list sold just over 520 units.
  • In order to be at the bottom of the new titles list, you just had to sell over 135 units.
  • Between #1 and #2 in the new titles for this month list, there’s over 500 units difference,
  • Meanwhile there’s only just over 200 units difference between #1 and #2 in the overall sales for this month.
Sales for all products in September 2013:
Code:
#|	TITLE|
1|	FROM UP ON POPPY HILL
2|	BLEACH – COMPLETE SERIES 11
3|	SPIRITED AWAY
4|	NARUTO SHIPPUDEN – BOX SET 14
5|	HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE
6|	MY NEIGHBOUR TOTORO
7|	AKIRA
8|	THE GIRL WHO LEAPT THROUGH TIME
9|	PONYO
10|	FAIRY TAIL – COLLECTION TWO
Code:
[B]Top 10 New Releases (September):[/B]
#|	Title|
1|	FROM UP ON POPPY HILL
2|	BLEACH – COMPLETE SERIES 11
3|	NARUTO SHIPPUDEN – BOX SET 14
4|	FAIRY TAIL – COLLECTION TWO
5|	ONE PIECE – COLLECTION 3
6|	DEADMAN WONDERLAND – THE COMPLETE SERIES
7|	BERSERK MOVIE 2 – BATTLE FOR DOLDREY
8|	LUPIN THE THIRD 3RD – THE WOMEN CALLED
9|	TIGER & BUNNY – PT 4
10|	CLANNAD AFTER STORY – COMPLETE SERIES
  • In order to be in the overall top 10 sellers for this month you had to sell over 400 units and over 200 in the new releases list.
  • To be at #1 in both lists you had to sell over 7,500 units
  • Poppy Hill sold around half of the week 1 sales of Spirited Away.
  • One Piece Collection 3 sold under half of what the latest Bleach set sold.
Sales for all products in October 2013:
Code:
#|	TITLE|
1|	FROM UP ON POPPY HILL
2|	MY NEIGHBOUR TOTORO
3|	SPIRITED AWAY
4|	HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE
5|	PONYO
6|	ARRIETTY
7|	COWBOY BEBOP - BOX 2
8|	DRAGON BALL Z - SEASON 9
9|	KIKI'S DELIVERY SERVICE
10|	STEINS;GATE – PART 2
Code:
[B]Top 10 New Releases (October):[/B]
#|	TITLE|
1|	COWBOY BEBOP – BOX 2 (EPISODES 14-26)
2|	DRAGON BALL Z – SEASON 9 
3|	STEINS;GATE – PART 2
4|	APPLESEED XIII – COMPLETE SERIES
5|	FATE/STAY NIGHT – UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS (THE MOVIE)
6|	PENGUINDRUM – BOX SET 2
7|	C FOR CONTROL – COLLECTION
8|	INU X BOKU COLLECTION
9|	BAKEMONOGATARI PT 2
10|	LINBARRELS OF IRON – COLLECTION
Sales for all products in November 2013:
Code:
#|	TITLE|
1|	FROM UP ON POPPY HILL
2|	MY NEIGHBOUR TOTORO
3|	SPIRITED AWAY
4|	HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE
5|	PONYO
6|	KIKI’S DELIVERY SERVICE
7|	ARRIETTY
8|	AKIRA
9|	ONE PIECE – COLLECTION 4
10|	LAPUTA – CASTLE IN THE SKY
Code:
[B]Top 10 New Releases (November):[/B]
#|	TITLE|
1|	ONE PIECE – COLLECTION 4
2|	K-ON – THE MOVIE
3|	DRAGON BALL Z – SEASON NINE
4|	PERFECT BLUE
5|	BLEACH – SERIES 12 PART 1
6|	COWBOY BEBOP – COMPLETE COLLECTION 
7|	GUILTY CROWN – SERIES 1 PT 1
8|	HEAVENS MEMO PAD
9|	PATLABOR MOBILE POLICE – SERIES 1
10|	PENGUINDRUM – BOX SET 2
Sales for all products in December 2013:
Code:
#|	TITLE|
1|	FROM UP ON POPPY HILL
2|	MY NEIGHBOUR TOTORO
3|	HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE
4|	SPIRITED AWAY
5|	PONYO
6|	WOLF CHILDREN
7|	ARRIETTY
8|	KIKI’S DELIVERY SERVICE
9|	NAUSICAA OF THE VALLEY OF WIND
10|	PRINCESS MONONOKE
Code:
[B]Top 10 New Releases (December):[/B]
#|	TITLE|
1|	WOLF CHILDREN
2|	NARUTO SHIPPUDEN – BOX SET 15
3|	SWORD ART ONLINE – PART 1
4|	BLACK LAGOON – ROBERTA’S BLOOD TRAIL
5|	FAIRY TAIL – COLLECTION 5
6|	BLEACH – SERIES 12 PT 2
7|	LAST EXILE – FAM THE SILVER WING – PT 1
8|	NISEMONOGATARI – PT 1
9|	SHANGRI-LA – PT 2
10|	ARAKAWA UNDER THE BRIDGE X BRIDGE – 2

Sales for all products in February 2015:
Code:
#|	TITLE|
1|	THE WIND RISES
2|	SPIRITED AWAY
3|	MY NEIGHBOUR TOTORO
4|	HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE
5|	NARUTO SHIPPUDEN – VOL 20
6|	PRINCESS MONONOKE
7|	POKEMON 4EVER
8|	AKIRA
9|	KIKI’S DELIVERY SERVICE
10|	NAUSICAA OF THE VALLEY OF WIND
Code:
[B]Top 7 New Releases (February 15):[/B]
#|	TITLE|
1|	NARUTO SHIPPUDEN – VOL 20	
2|	BLOOD LAD – COMPLETE SERIES
3|	BATTLE GIRLS TIME – PARADOX COLLECTION
4|	KAMISAMA DOLLS – SERIES COLLECTION
5|	CHROME SHELLED REGIOS – COLLECTION
6|	SHANGRI-LA – SERIES COLLECTION
7|	FAIRY TAIL – PT 9
  • Naruto Shippuden Box Set 20 topped the new release chart in February with just over 1000 units sold.
  • The Wind Rises topped the overall sales chart with over 3,700 units sold, with Spirited Away over 2000 units behind that.
  • It was a close battle between Howl’s Moving Castle and Naruto Shippuden Box Set 20 for fourth spot in the overall rankings. There weren’t many units difference between them.
  • To make into the overall top 10 over 600 units needed to be sold.
  • In order to make number #2 in the new release charts you had to sell over 300 and less than 400.

Joukamichi no dandelion - 02

Joukamachi%20no%20Dandelion%20-%2002.jpg

can you say no to this face ?

^^^purest girl has apperead^^
Purest girl use "confession"

It's SUPER EFFECTIVE !

Ahem .good episode fearing different sides of the familly.

This show is really , really well done en enjoyable.

I guess i needed a show about a familly getting along

Suprise hit of this summer in only 2 eps for me.

Cornbread78

Kaicho wa Maid-sama! ep. 21-END
tumblr_m1exlmubZT1qderswo1_500.gif

I finally wrapped up watching this series and actually enjoyed it for the RomCom it was. However, I must say I was a little disappointed in the ending though since it really didn't wrap anything up and felt abrupt and useless. I'm sick of all these "manga/promo" endings... Even in the end, we don't there is only one confession and zero backstory for our MC... Oh well, the series was funny and entertaining enough as it was, but R_thanatos was right, it was just another lame "come read the Manga if you want to see what really happens" ending... IT is a good rec for anyone looking for a comfy and fun romcom though with no fanservice, or gross crap etc..

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 43

I always wonder if Yeager actually went to interview for the position dressed like he is. Would be a good one. Love his laugh and finally to see him duel, but Crow, really?
CLkOqT3UwAAaqHp.jpg
CLkRb_9UMAAl0DB.jpg

Kingcrabshipping moment was the best, both punching each other and everything. I was hoping we wouldnt keep a depressed Yusei around for a long stretch of episodes (ARC V made it seem like theirs lasted so long with Yuuya oniichans).

Lol those Classroom Crisis posters, what a joke.

So how do these posters actually work, like who commisions these? Is it a good way to gauge the popularity of a show?

Lol those Classroom Crisis posters, what a joke.

So how do these posters actually work, like who commisions these? Is it a good way to gauge the popularity of a show?

The magazines commission them, and generally stipulate to the animation team what kind of posters they want. Nearly every show gets them.

Kaicho wa Maid-sama! ep. 21-END
tumblr_m1exlmubZT1qderswo1_500.gif

I finally wrapped up watching this series and actually enjoyed it for the RomCom it was. However, I must say I was a little disappointed in the ending though since it really didn't wrap anything up and felt abrupt and useless. I'm sick of all these "manga/promo" endings... Even in the end, we don't there is only one confession and zero backstory for our MC... Oh well, the series was funny and entertaining enough as it was, but R_thanatos was right, it was just another lame "come read the Manga if you want to see what really happens" ending... IT is a good rec for anyone looking for a comfy and fun romcom though with no fanservice, or gross crap etc..
Kaicho wa maid-sama is a good show , but it wasn't over when the anime ended , so don't think i would have liked an "ending" because no one knew at the time was the ending was.

So, I saw people talking about Kokoro Connect a few pages back. Season 2 is never happening right? :(

No season 2. don't ever hope.
Also the 3 book left aren't that great , really.

Lain

Laplace 5

I totally support Kagami in what he did.
Also I already knew where the episode was going from the start but it still made me feel like shit.

Cornbread78

Rec ep. 1-END:
tumblr_lem8sbwUBh1qcircgo1_500.jpg

I really liked this one for a few reasons, first and formost, the adult setting, then the story was actually well written. It is a short anime series of 9 episodes, (about 14 mins each) and it basically goes through a couples day to day (SoL) after a 1 night stand and circustances that has her move in with the MC. It does have some confusing drama mixed in, but I really appreaciated the way it was written and especially, how they played out the story. It's rated M, but there really is no fanservice in the show, and it keeps a good tone throughout. Not a bad way to spend a couple hours watching a SoL/romance series.

BluWacky

Code:
[B]Top 7 New Releases (February 15):[/B]
#|	TITLE|
1|	NARUTO SHIPPUDEN – VOL 20	
2|	BLOOD LAD – COMPLETE SERIES
3|	BATTLE GIRLS TIME – PARADOX COLLECTION
4|	KAMISAMA DOLLS – SERIES COLLECTION
5|	CHROME SHELLED REGIOS – COLLECTION
6|	SHANGRI-LA – SERIES COLLECTION
7|	FAIRY TAIL – PT 9
  • In order to make number #2 in the new release charts you had to sell over 300 and less than 400.

Jesus, I'm surprised you'd even sell THAT many units.

I really wonder how UK anime can make any money for anyone, parent company or employees alike. Releasing uninteresting mediocrities for what can be pretty much zero profit...I know each of these shows will have their fans, but Regios is, like, six years old now, it's not a catalogue title that anyone's going to feel gutted they didn't own on disc before...

Monster Musume 05

Woah, weird episode! Darling hardly got hurt at all it was mostly monster on monster violence! Including NTR!

Centorea's size and Mia's tail length are about as consistent as Evangelion 01's height

Manga sells very well.

Cornbread78

Looks like Mononoke (Crunchyroll) http://www.crunchyroll.com/mononoke
will win for our first community watch.

Second is a big toss-up:
Another (CR)
Glasslip (CR-Worst rating I've ever seen on CR and MAL, LOL)
11 Eyes (CR)
Black Bullet (CR)
Humanity Has Declined (CR)

After Mononoke, which of the above would give a group great discussion?

Overlord - 05
Deep and thought-provoking dialogue, I love it.
This episode was smug galore with that woman at the end. The redhead seems cool, hope we'll see more of her.

The pace feels to me like the show wants to be a 24 or more episode show. Skeletor just started exploring the world in detail disguised as an adventurer, with plenty of new characters getting introduced.
Speaking of which, not a fan of yet again hiding beautiful skull face behind a helmet, and on top of that a human face illusion. Absolutely disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom