• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 5:

Well, they got out of the mall, which is more then some other groups can claim.
I wonder where the zombiefeid body of Kei existed, I do not recall seeing it among the crowds.

UberTag

School Live 05

Woah what was that that Yuki saw while she had a fever,
a whole room full of zombies and her being among them? A memory? Or just reality colliding with her delusions? I could see the former being true, since the room is all wrecked up and full of blood in reality. Maybe she went berserk and killed them all, part of what made her the way she is now. Or it could be the latter, in which she is simply seeing how her friends most likely look like outside of her dream world.
That was a memory... but it wasn't her in it among the zombies.
It was... someone else.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 6:

I have no words for this show, it continues to defy logic and rationality at every turn.

fertygo

It's an adaptation of an ongoing manga, so doubtful. Though you never know since it's already deviated a bit.

I will not be able to forgive an open ended ending.

For oce i'd rather have :
-An original ending ( since the manga writer is supervising )
-A season 2 annonced

Yeah, I take an original ending for this one, so far the writing is pretty decent anyway.. and the top notch directing gonna helping

jonjonaug

I will not be able to forgive an open ended ending.

For oce i'd rather have :
-An original ending ( since the manga writer is supervising )
-A season 2 annonced

Without going into spoilers: The most likely stopping point for the manga, chapter 30, is an incredibly good stopping point and any sort of "original ending" they could come up with would likely be worse. There likely won't be enough material for a season 2 for at least another 18 months.

Stuart444

That was a memory... but it wasn't her in it among the zombies.
It was... someone else.

Do you mean the one that you see just before they save Miki? Because if so, I think the one being talked about in that quote is the one with Yuki in the classroom which is definitely Yuki. (since the quote mentions her friends which are the ones in the classroom and all)

Unless I'm mistaken?

Articalys

So can someone help explain to me why Crunchyroll has been able to, for the longest time (with a few exceptional instances), managed to keep their videos from leaking before their designated launch times, while Adult Swim does dumb shit like uploading entire episodes weeks before their airdates to a public-facing CDN?

Grexeno

So can someone help explain to me why Crunchyroll has been able to, for the longest time (with a few exceptional instances), managed to keep their videos from leaking before their designated launch times, while Adult Swim does dumb shit like uploading entire episodes weeks before their airdates to a public-facing CDN?
As a channel for stoners, it is naturally run and operated by stoners

Yamato 14

The entire episode was one trip and a half. Goddamn illusions and mixed events. It was pretty well done, it all felt like a weird dream which is what they were obviously going for.

Dang, could you guys at least post some sort of warning when Gakkou Gurashi anime spoilers suddenly change into straight up manga spoilers?

Like, I won't even get into the fact whether discussing manga spoilers in an anime thread is something one should do in the first place (as it effectively kills of all potential theorycrafting) but at least mention it when you do it.

UberTag

Without going into spoilers: The most likely stopping point for the manga, chapter 30, is an incredibly good stopping point and any sort of "original ending" they could come up with would likely be worse. There likely won't be enough material for a season 2 for at least another 18 months.
That's my preferred outcome as well. Doesn't close the door on adapting the material being covered in the manga post-Chapter 30. That being said, the one wrinkle that has me thinking the anime WON'T go this route is... <manga spoiler warning... although this should be obvious>
Megu-nee's trashed car in the closing credits. It was never destroyed in the manga and was merely replaced by the borrowed RV in Chapter 32

Do you mean the one that you see just before they save Miki? Because if so, I think the one being talked about in that quote is the one with Yuki in the classroom which is definitely Yuki. (since the quote mentions her friends which are the ones in the classroom and all)

Unless I'm mistaken?
Nope, you're right.
I got confused between the fever hallucination scene and the second one later on immediately before Yuki bolted off to rescue Miki from where she was stranded on the piano. Yuki has too many visions. Poor crazed girl.

So yeah, fever scene was a hallucination. The other scene was a recalled memory.

Articalys

As a channel for stoners, it is naturally run and operated by stoners
This is better than whatever the actual "laziness and incompetence" truth would probably be, so I'm gonna go with it.
As someone who appreciates computer security, though, it's a bit infuriating.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This is better than whatever the actual "laziness and incompetence" truth would probably be, so I'm gonna go with it.
As someone who appreciates computer security, though, it's a bit infuriating.
Did something new got leaked or something?

Nothing can be worse than Funimation half-leaking an episode by having episode 4 audio on an episode 3 release a few weeks ago. lol

School Live - 05

Incredible..i expected the events to unfold differently but i'm ok with this result.
I swear this promise is going to be a key point later ...i can feel it.

there was that leak of an oreimo episode when it was airing years ago

There was also a giant leek of a popular shonen anime

knhPGBb.png

Articalys

Did something new got leaked or something?

Nothing can be worse than Funimation half-leaking an episode by having episode 4 audio on an episode 3 release a few weeks ago. lol
Yeah, I heard about what happened with Akagami. I'm somewhat amazed they didn't face any real repercussions for that, like getting an extra week's delay or something.

It just seems to be an ongoing thing that some Toonami shows have a few week's worth of upcoming episodes accessible on Adult Swim's servers for their streaming site well ahead of their broadcast dates. Apparently the same thing happened with one of Adult Swim's own shows, but that actually got fixed. Who knows why they haven't done the same thing here though.

Granted even the new broadcasts for most shows are still older stuff that already had a home release, but the SAO II dub won't be on BD for another several months, so if Aniplex found out (and actually cared themselves) they might take some kind of action.

e_i

School Live episode 5

"If I'm bitten, don't hesitate." Oh FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

the more i try to watch sky wizard academy , the morei think : " is this the new magical warfare ?"

i mean seriously , a concept that soound ok on paer totally destroyed by a terrible execution in terms of animation AND characters ?

s*sigh*s

firehawk12

Subete no aware
there was that leak of an oreimo episode when it was airing years ago
Yeah, that was when ANN was trying to do streaming before they gave up entirely.

Yeah, I heard about what happened with Akagami. I'm somewhat amazed they didn't face any real repercussions for that, like getting an extra week's delay or something.

It just seems to be an ongoing thing that some Toonami shows have a few week's worth of upcoming episodes accessible on Adult Swim's servers for their streaming site well ahead of their broadcast dates. Apparently the same thing happened with one of Adult Swim's own shows, but that actually got fixed. Who knows why they haven't done the same thing here though.

Granted even the new broadcasts for most shows are still older stuff that already had a home release, but the SAO II dub won't be on BD for another several months, so if Aniplex found out (and actually cared themselves) they might take some kind of action.
Oh, an SAO dub got leaked? Yeah, I don't know if anyone cares is the thing. lol

Given the previous fuck ups, you'd almost expect some kind of penalties to be paid if a leak like that happens. But then again, even Netflix has fucked up and put House of Cards up a week early.

Netgame no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Anime Announced

Synopsis said:
Our naive protagonist proposed to a female character in an online game, only to find out that this player is actually a guy. Traumatized by that, he decided to never trust a girl online, but now, two years later, a female player is proposing to him. What will happen?

Before anyone asks why they should bother having this on their radar.

It's because the main girl and the main love interest on the cover is
a yandere.

Who already considers herself to be the wife of the protagonist.

Articalys

Oh, an SAO dub got leaked? Yeah, I don't know if anyone cares is the thing. lol
To be fair, it's less of an outright "leak" and more of just "you can access the episode if you know where to look" sort of thing. But yeah... probably not super high on Aniplex's priority list.

Cornbread78

Mirai Nikki ep.2
Oh man, explosions, destruction, dead students all over the place, tears, another kiss and a
dart right in the eyeball
Goodness, this is some crazy stuff. With #9's excape ability you can se how this is 24 episodes. This show is some messed up shit and Yuna is a crazy Yandere pshchopath. That orgasmic face she makes at the end when she sees her future diary update was amazing. I watched that on break, hopefully nobody bothers me over my last hour of work.

WTF is Murmer anyhow? Is the abomination of a sentient being just there to break down all the mystery?

This show is actually crazier than I pictured it in my head.

Sky wizards academy 01- 03
I get it , i know what this anime is trying to achieve, but the delivery is far from being spotless.

First , the animation is quite faulty ..it's a shame sinice most of the effects are well done , but the body animation , especially with the 3D objects DOESN'T LOOK GOOD.

Second, the reason why the MC is a traitor are "ridiculous" , ridiculous... The guy , stayed behind, saved the city , saved his teammates only to have an illness and he get mocked upon by others ? GIVE ME A BREAK

Third, the 3 misfits are ok ... their problems could be solved by teamwork and such , but goddamit some parts are totally not ok.
I mean most of it is fine , at this point i'm ready for the moment where the plot will make everything turn to shit.

So yeah , Sky wizards is alright , but it could be a false alarm since the show is quite tame considering the numrous opportunities it could have gone full fanservice but didn't.
I'm just ... worried it could be a magical warfare done right , or something worse.

2 more episodes to find out.

Ps: poor ice-cream, what a waste...

An anime adaptation of the short story collection Joker Game by Koji Yanagi has been announced.

A fictitious spy-training organization established within the Japanese army on the eve of World War II is the centerpiece of this set of linked short stories. The D Agency comes into being in autumn 1937 as an independent army unit formed under the private initiative of Lieutenant Colonel Yuki. As rumor has it, Yuki was once a brilliant agent himself who ferreted out multiple secrets in enemy territory until he was betrayed by an ally; he was caught and tortured before he managed to escape, which explains why he has no left hand and always walks holding a cane with his left foot dragging behind him. Dubbed "the Lord of Darkness," Yuki teaches according to principles that flatly challenge established army wisdom. He bans military dress and behavior and instead drills his protégés to become unseen apparitions; according to him, the unwritten army code that a captured soldier should kill either the enemy or himself is the epitome of stupidity and the worst possible choice a spy can make. For his training course Yuki rejects Army Academy graduates and instead picks candidates from far and wide, producing a dozen crack spies expert not only in multiple languages but also in such skills as disguise and lockpicking. Under false identities, these agents go their solitary ways to fulfill daring missions in Tokyo, Yokohama, Shanghai and elsewhere, all the while remembering Yuki's teachings.

Director: Kazuya Nomura (Sengoku Basara S2/Movie, Robotics;Notes)
Original Character Design: Shirow Miwa (Dogs manga)
Animation Production: Production I.G.

kewlmyc

Gangsta-5

So I guess the show finally decided to have a well animated fight.

If you look closely, you can see that the dreads kid has 2 machetes at the beginning shot despite his second one breaking in the previous episode. In the 2nd shot, he goes back to having one. :D

Sky wizards academy - 04,05

Damn That's a LONG PROLOGUE

5 episodes and not even a match ! just a mock battle in episode 2 .. what's this ? nanoha strikers pacing ?

I understand that some things need more time but still WHAT A LONG TIME IT TOOK!
And next episode the fight i was looking forward too won't even happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom