• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Shimoneta 6
The first half of this was really dull. The rest was better, but Kajou's schtick is starting to feel pretty stale.

Yeah I feel similarly, though for me it's Anna shtick especially that felt weak in this ep.

Ushio to Tora 03-06
008436afsd8.png
008437x3smf.png

Dull and uninteresting. The occasional funny face or line from Tora isn't enough to save it.

Oops maybe no Kancolle TV season 2.
Kancolle movie coming 2016.

http://otakomu.jp/archives/287445.html

Oh wait, TV s2 also officially announced
https://twitter.com/anime_KanColle/status/630349070867959808
今年3月のTV放送最終回に発表させて頂きました、TVシリーズの続編も並行して制作を進めて参りますので、何卒よろしくお願いいたします。#艦これ

Still done by diomedia.

I hope the S1 post-production meeting improved the situation for S2 and the movie.

They didn't announce S2 and movie's staff yet, but i'm afraid it will be same.
But i think diomedea is okay actually, main problem is the plot(writer).

I see there are people in twitter hope Mizushima Tsutomu can come to direct and save the anime series lol.

The Heroic Legend of Arslan Episode 18 Once Again Across the River

I hope we get an s2 since I want to see if Arslan truly ever does retake the Royal Capitol.

CL-B1JlW8AAWsiq.png

I thought he was only good with arrors, good for Elam to get a offscreen powerup.

Baby Steps 2 19:
A good cool down episode in between matches, with some nice character moments dropped in. Ei-chan's next opponent seems like a real piece of work, so I'm hoping he can get that smug expression off his face really quickly. I want to see him crush this guy.

Gatchaman Crowds: Insighto [06]

I'm digging this season, I feel like the conflict of the show is handled pretty well this time, it doesn't change into some chaotic mess that other shows have when they try to discuss more difficult/ethical problems, both the pros and cons of CROWDS and Gelsadra being the president are clear and both sides have some good arguments which makes for an interesting story that I'd like to see unfold.

I'm curious to see what they're going to do with the original cast, it seems that almost all of them are demoted to just having one thing going on (except Joe for some reason). OD is in the talkshow, the panda and Utsutsu do some comedic things and Sugane has got himself a harem. I wonder if any of the original characters are going to do something later on.

iT was really a no brainer ...

BUt i'm glad it happenned anyway !

The Heroic Legend of Arslan Episode 18 Once Again Across the River

I hope we get an s2 since I want to see if Arslan truly ever does retake the Royal Capitol.

CL-B1JlW8AAWsiq.png

I thought he was only good with arrors, good for Elam to get a offscreen powerup.

Wait, did you forget how elam infiltrated the capital , that guy is an all rounder whose speciality is traps.
He's good with :
-sword
-bow and arrows
-daggers
-cooking
-tracking
-traps
-disguises

He's the whole package

Rokka [06]

First of all, I noticed that Flamie's flower makes an appearance at the end of the OP, pretty strange if you ask me...

Anyhow, I felt like the start of this episode was a little weird, Adlet suddenly freaked out and then took a hostage... Seems a little out of character if you ask me, I'll chalk it up to bad writing though, not because he is the 7th.

The flashback was cool, especially with Adlet being famished when he was talking to the older man, I guess something happened to his village.

I felt like the most important scene was the fact that Maura pointed out how the tattoo works, looks like that could have a bigger impact later on, it seemed kinda useless to bring up right now outside of foreshadowing.

[Traitor Discussion]
Oh, why would Maura ask for Hans to show his brand? She has one herself doesn't she, maybe it's because hers is fake and doesn't work.

I still feel like either Maura or Bunny girl did it, I'm getting a lot more suspicious of Maura though.

It will probably end up like this:

1) Flamie gets killed to protect Adlet since she's Tsun as fuck.
2) Adlet looks at Bunny girl's brand ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(or Maura's, her brand is more hidden though) and notices that a petal hasn't dissapeared.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Rokka [06]
Anyhow, I felt like the start of this episode was a little weird, Adlet suddenly freaked out and then took a hostage... Seems a little out of character if you ask me, I'll chalk it up to bad writing though, not because he is the 7th.
Adlet will use anything to come out ahead, even if it seems like a dirty trick. I don't feel that his actions were particularly out of character. More than that, he was cornered and attacked. He did not have many options.

Sonicbug

Rokka [06]
I felt like the most important scene was the fact that Maura pointed out how the tattoo works, looks like that could have a bigger impact later on, it seemed kinda useless to bring up right now outside of foreshadowing.

[Traitor Discussion]
Oh, why would Maura ask for Hans to show his brand? She has one herself doesn't she, maybe it's because hers is fake and doesn't work.

Not a spoiler, Maura is shown with her brand in the center of her back in the opening. Kinda hard for her to look at it herself.

Adlet will use anything to come out ahead, even if it seems like a dirty trick. I don't feel that his actions were particularly out of character. More than that, he was cornered and attacked. He did not have many options.

I guess, it's just that he saved her a few episodes ago, seems kinda weird to take her as a hostage.

What was stopping Adlet from just running out of the temple after he threw the first smoke bomb? Maybe I missed something.

It's just that the whole scene felt kinda forced, like the writer needed Adlet and Flamie to be together without the others and this was the best he could come up with.

Not a spoiler, Maura is shown with her brand in the center of her back in the opening. Kinda hard for her to look at it herself.

Yeah, you're right. I still have the feeling that it's going to be important later on.

God Eater Episode 4

Wow I loved the vocal song when Kota and Lenka are looking at the Aegis Project in the distance. But kind of sad how that would hold everyone on Earth, though how would it stand against that huge Aragami. I cant imagine living in a world with that.

Kota and Lenka tried, but hopefully next time. Seemed all the older folkers got the accomplishments.

Kota better not die though.
CL-2JPVWwAAG3lq.png

God Eater 04

The big problem with God Eater is that the source material doesn't seem like anything special to me, I'm mostly talking about the plot, conflict, protagonist, setting, weapons, the way combat works and character designs (Tsubaki probably has the worst design I've seen in a while), all are a bit dull in my opinion.
Fortunately the producers of the adaptation are trying their hardest to elevate the source material into something cool, which is done exeptionally well. I think that this show would be considered as a perfect adaptation by a fan of the franchise.

For example, it was fun to see that they made a joke about Lenka's shounen character type at the start of the episode when he said that he'd rather train than to go out with his friend, followed by a long silence.

There is also the obvious eye candy, especially:

gUvQqDG.png

This Scene

I also really liked this bit:

Shame that all of this effort is wasted in a way.

Gboro-Gboro is the stupidest name for a monster I've ever heard.

God Eater 4

This world is so dark and edgy. Also the lead
completely forgot everything he learned while on the plane and once again fights like a total newbie
. You can make an argument that adrenaline or some shit, it's still silly.

So next episode when? 2 weeks from now?

Mandelbo

Recently got the LE set. I really liked Kotoura and the show really wasnt like that first episode. That was a blindside by a bus.

Moritani stumbling upon and getting traumatised by a bloody corpse in a back alley and Kotoura almost suffering the same fate by the culprit, as well as the section in the second episode where Moritani bullies Kotoura to the point of physical illness, causing the entire school to mock her
beg to differ!

Kenstar

This weeks Gangsta has lot's of flashbacks and world building
The first time we see the flashback with Worrick
standing in the room of dead bodies with no one alive but nicholas, you might think nicholas did all of that, being a twilight sent to kill him

Then you find he was his bodyguard and think he might have tried to stop an attack on his family in that room

Now I'm back to thinking he did that due to his abusive father having plans to kill him
Insight as to why Alex is always freaking the fuck out, the crazy riots back in the day, and Merc that's like a father to Nicholas

cajunator

Banned
Moritani stumbling upon and getting traumatised by a bloody corpse in a back alley and Kotoura almost suffering the same fate by the culprit, as well as the section in the second episode where Moritani bullies Kotoura to the point of physical illness, causing the entire school to mock her
beg to differ!

Kotoura got bullied a lot but that first episode was massive whiplash.
it never really got to that extreme again, although the show was pretty unsettling at times throughout.

Shimoneta Episode 6

This episode was funny lolol. What's even better is that they put the actual recipe in the credits. I wonder how many people will actually make it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom