• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stayed up all night watching Symphogear (S1).

2Hslk6o.gif

you think you're ready for season 2 ? you're not :)

Start with season 1 and work your way toward us in season 3 ...

So I decided to jump on the Shimoneta bandwagon and it's fairly enjoyable. Phaze said it well when he mentioned s.th. akin to this outdoing Prison School in being this sort of crazy, smutty show this season. It may not feel as unique but at least Shimoneta has an actual solid narrative going for it, one that's paced quite well.

I certainly could do without the audio censoring, though; fuck me sideways is that annoying.

Mandelbo

Working! S3 04

My God... Yamada was actually correct for once
(she clocked that Takanashi has developed feelings for Inami)
? Not only that, but she actually tried to help
Inami
? Stuff is actually happening and it's weird!

Oh hey, I remember that part.

That's when she pretty much stops caring about seeing the beast to the point when later on, she willing goes in to take a bath with Rito and doesn't even mind when she maybe
get's slapped in the face with it when he stands up

Fun times.

More importantly though, is that first 10 ten minutes were easily the best of the season.

All because best girl finally got her screentime.

cajunator

Banned

That's when she pretty much stops caring about seeing the beast to the point when later on, she willing goes in to take a bath with Rito and doesn't even mind when she maybe

Fun times.

More importantly though, is that first 10 ten minutes were easily the best of the season.

It would be a fun reality show just watching you react to anime. Then again it could be pretty nsfw too.

Ushio to Tora 6

iqpgh6i.jpg

What happened to his nose?

It was a great episode, I found it enjoyable once again. Loved the teamwork between Tora and Ushio when they defeated that huge Youkai. It seems a plot point is brought up with Ushio's mother being alive. I wonder why she's feared hmmm.

Theonik

Fun times.

image.php

Gatchaman Crowds Insight 6

Looks like we're mostly setting up when things inevitably go wrong for Gel-chan and the Gatchaman have to step in to save the day and deal with the aftermath of what Gel has done. It's very brilliant about what Gel-chan is doing is so similar to what the idea behind the Crowds was but public perception has made one good and the other evil.

Charlotte - 06

OMG OMG

This is going to be something else from now own

after the episode ended that was some lonely music

Where is episode 7 ???

Where is episode 7 ???

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Lol, he saw the bat symbol, err, I mean yuri symbol...

Lily time!

The cosmonaut Boldly goes to search for good Yuri shows in the anime Slock.

Start with season 1 and work your way toward us in season 3 ...

Senki Zesshou Symphogear - 01

Yuri, Magical Girls, and a unique mix of combat using music? WHERE WAS I IN 2012?!

I am SO in! Thank you R_thanatos! You're always looking out for me! :D

This weeks Gangsta has lot's of flashbacks and world building
The first time we see the flashback with Worrick
standing in the room of dead bodies with no one alive but nicholas, you might think nicholas did all of that, being a twilight sent to kill him

Then you find he was his bodyguard and think he might have tried to stop an attack on his family in that room

Now I'm back to thinking he did that due to his abusive father having plans to kill him
Insight as to why Alex is always freaking the fuck out, the crazy riots back in the day, and Merc that's like a father to Nicholas

So who's the guy that's getting rid of all the tags?

Senki Zesshou Symphogear - 01

Yuri, Magical Girls, and a unique mix of combat using music? WHERE WAS I IN 2012?!

I am SO in! Thank you R_thanatos! You're always looking out for me! :D

You know you can count on me and i can count on you.

This is nothing , do enjoy it !

Jarmel

Banned
Rokka-6

Conceptually this is the most interesting a fantasy show has been in a long time. At this point the core aspect of the show is resolving a 'locked room' type of mystery. My major two complaints I have with the show has been the semi-poor character designs and the camerawork/animation. The camerawork with the moving cameras has been executed semi-badly so far.

I love the notion of a team of heroes constantly suspecting one another and having serious infighting.

Rokka-6

Conceptually this is the most interesting fantasy show in a long time. At this point the core aspect of the show is resolving a 'locked room' type of mystery. My major two complaints I have with the show has been the semi-poor character designs and the camerawork/animation. The camerawork with the moving cameras has been executed semi-badly so far.

I love the notion of a team of heroes constantly suspecting one another and having serious infighting.

Yeah, the fact that Rokka is supposed to be a fantasy adventure series but spends more time on being a who dun it mystery is a lot of fun.

Arslan senki - 18

"don't worry father, i won't kill him, i'll send him to a temple"

2 days later :
behead him

TO be fair, i believe that was the right call in that situation , but he pushed him just in that direction.

As for the second part, that betrayal was forced, it manages a convenient purpose of tying things up for their new recruit and their old allies but still.

Anyway this arc's over, time to go back to pars to enjoy how messed up the pars capital became after the long winter.

Jarmel

Banned
Yeah, the fact that Rokka is supposed to be a fantasy adventure series but spends more time on being a who dun it mystery is a lot of fun.

It's so unlike anything we get nowadays that while I have serious issues with the execution at times, it does prove to be enjoyable. The Braves themselves are all such a shitty shady lot that it makes the mystery actually compelling.

Flemie has killed potential Braves and is a half-fiend. One is an assassin for hire, another is kill happy, the knight guy is obviously in love with the princess and is jealous, the princess had some fucked up childhood, and Adlet is obsessed with avenging his hometown(to the point he'll use any tactic). The only one who seems like a traditional hero is the Saint of Mountains, Ms. Chest.

Cornbread78

So how are these for finalists for the next "Let's Watch:"

Titles:
Uchoten Kazoku
English
The Eccentric Family

Titles:
SoreMachi
English
And Yet The Town Moves

Titles:
Sakamichi no Aporon; Apollo on the Slope
English
Kids on the Slope

Which is the best and should have the most impact and would be a good watch for everyone?

We'll go with a more action/psycho/adventure oriented anime after this one, then go back to one of these that doesn't get selected.

So how are these for finalists for the next "Let's Watch:"

Titles:
Uchoten Kazoku
English
The Eccentric Family

Titles:
SoreMachi
English
And Yet The Town Moves

Titles:
Sakamichi no Aporon; Apollo on the Slope
English
Kids on the Slope

Which is the best and should have the most impact and would be a good watch for everyone?

We'll go with a more action/psycho/adventure oriented anime after this one, then go back to one of these that doesn't get selected.

The Eccentric Family.

It's so unlike anything we get nowadays that while I have serious issues with the execution at times, it does prove to be enjoyable. The Braves themselves are all such a shitty shady lot that it makes the mystery actually compelling.

Flemie has killed potential Braves and is a half-fiend. One is an assassin for hire, another is kill happy, the knight guy is obviously in love with the princess and is jealous, the princess had some fucked up childhood, and Adlet is obsessed with avenging his hometown(to the point he'll use any tactic). The only one who seems like a traditional hero is the Saint of Mountains, Ms. Chest.

She's the most fucked up of all of them probably. Plus she's has the stupidest name ever.

if only the show didn't find the need to have used anime tropes characters

in design i mean. The bunny outfit and the tiny girl with the godzilla outfit. And the guy who says NYAAAA all the time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Working!!! S3, E1

deinAZ5.png

I'm confused by these strange globes under Yachiyo's eyelids

Maken-Ki - 04

I could be watching good anime, but with bath episodes like the previous one, shopping in this episode, xebec designs and pretty much everyone being best girl:

Do7JhHl.gif

that said though;
Chacha > Himegami > Nurse > Azuki > rest

God Eater - 04

This was a damn fine episode .

I was a little concerned by the fact that they were distributing food to everyone , but at the end of this episode i quickly understood why they could.

What a shitty world.

I'm calling bogus on the aegis project , i'm sure that the goal of sheltering "everyone" is bogus. How is core gathering related to create a safer home anyway ?

e_i

God Eater episode 4

For a military (paramilitary?) organization, they are pretty loose with there dress code.

Mhm, I'm still 99% sure it's
princess
but there is for the most part reasonable doubt for every other character in the series including our pov protagonist. I imagine Mora will probably also end up having some sketchy origin revealed before this season is over.

Jarmel

Banned
I'll just post this here as trying to fit complex ideas/arguments into Twitter is super fucking frustrating. I was tweeting to ultimatemegax about the Full Metal Panic event on October 24th and wanted to express my ideas about it.

So Full Metal Panic is having a special half an hour section dedicated to it at Fantasia Bunko Festival. Many of the other franchises in this event have upcoming anime or recently released anime like High School DxD. Now there is a distinct possibility that this could be an anime announcement however there is no direct evidence at this point. So I'll lay out my feelings on both sides.

Why this isn't an anime announcement:
-The original novels are done and so therefore there isn't much incentive to finish adapting the original series. In terms of advertising, it might make more sense to adapt FMP Another, which is currently ongoing and has enough material for multiple cours.
-KyoAni also wouldn't be inclined to do future seasons due to their shift towards becoming a publisher and so this would be a bit of a regression after their own works.
-In addition to that, the series is an action heavy mecha work which tends to be expensive.
-Takemoto has also mentioned that he doesn't ever want to work on another mecha series.
-Not to mention a recent BD release was titled, "All Stories" which is pretty conclusive. It's worth noting that FMP BD sales were relatively mediocre.

Why this could be an anime announcement:
-Gatoh has made it clear for like the past decade that he has been trying to get the rest of the series adapted. He's openly stated that if he felt it was dead in the water that he would tell his fans and so far he hasn't said anything to that note.
-In fact Shikidouji (the original LN artist) last year sorta implied that there might be an announcement coming.
-The FMP franchise as a whole certainly isn't dead as there are the Zero light novels, Another light novels, the tabletop releases, and mecha figurine releases. From an advertising standpoint there is certainly many things that can be pushed in order to bolster the reasoning for future cours. BD sales aren't the sole determinant from a production standpoint.
-Another is an almost direct sequel from the original series and so it would be awkward to adapt that first before finishing the original series, especially when the original series was much more popular. In addition to that, I could see an adaptation of OG FMP could boost sales of Another.
-KyoAni has recently adapted AmaBri Park and so shown the willingness to adapt properies that they don't own the IP for.
-The IP also seems to be relatively well-liked inside the studio itself. KyoAni also doesn't have anything lined up after the Free movie.
-At the event itself, there is a full half an hour dedicated to FMP unlike DxD which shares a timeslot. This event is done in front of a live audience so I imagine either there is a major announcement or a slew of minor ones.

I want to believe but I've had blue balls in the heart so much...

Edit:ultimatemegax corrected me in that Takemoto did mention he wanted to adapt more FMP.

I'll just post this here as trying to fit complex ideas/arguments into Twitter is super fucking frustrating. I was tweeting to ultimatemegax about the Full Metal Panic event on October 24th and wanted to express my ideas about it.

So Full Metal Panic is having a special half an hour section dedicated to it at Fantasia Bunko Festival. Many of the other franchises in this event have upcoming anime or recently released anime like High School DxD. Now there is a distinct possibility that this could be an anime announcement however there is no direct evidence at this point. So I'll lay out my feelings on both sides.

Why this isn't an anime announcement:
-The original novels are done and so therefore there isn't much incentive to finish adapting the original series. In terms of advertising, it might make more sense to adapt FMP Another, which is currently ongoing and has enough material for multiple cours.
-KyoAni also wouldn't be inclined to do future seasons due to their shift towards becoming a publisher and so this would be a bit of a regression after their own works.
-In addition to that, the series is an action heavy mecha work which tends to be expensive.
-Takemoto has also mentioned that he doesn't ever want to work on another mecha series.
-Not to mention a recent BD release was titled, "All Stories" which is pretty conclusive. It's worth noting that FMP BD sales were relatively mediocre.

Why this could be an anime announcement:
-Gatoh has made it clear for like the past decade that he has been trying to get the rest of the series adapted. He's openly stated that if he felt it was dead in the water that he would tell his fans and so far he hasn't said anything to that note.
-In fact Shikidouji (the original LN artist) last year sorta implied that there might be an announcement coming.
-The FMP franchise as a whole certainly isn't dead as there are the Zero light novels, Another light novels, the tabletop releases, and mecha figurine releases. From an advertising standpoint there is certainly many things that can be pushed in order to bolster the reasoning for future cours. BD sales aren't the sole determinant from a production standpoint.
-Another is an almost direct sequel from the original series and so it would be awkward to adapt that first before finishing the original series, especially when the original series was much more popular. In addition to that, I could see an adaptation of OG FMP could boost sales of Another.
-KyoAni has recently adapted AmaBri Park and so shown the willingness to adapt properies that they don't own the IP for. --The IP also seems to be relatively well-liked inside the studio itself. KyoAni also doesn't have anything lined up after the Free movie.
-At the event itself, there is a full half an hour dedicated to FMP unlike DxD which shares a timeslot. This event is done in front of a live audience so I imagine either there is a major announcement or a slew of minor ones.

I want to believe but I've had blue balls in the heart so much...

52qV6WC.png

Kenstar

So who's the guy that's getting rid of all the tags?

From what I can gleam, a rival family member who's after the Monroe Family.

Gangsta ep 6 spoilers:

He's been targeting tags, and in the ep Danny Monroe is said to be 'savior to you twilights' by Worrick, judging by the fact he's taken in multiple twilights over the years he seems to treat them as equals. The other guy is killing off the weaker ones while coming after Monroe's head as well, seems he has those 2 kids (the ones who actually killed the dude worrick had chained up for information) that my or may not be tags. Prob safe to say the dude is anti-twilight? (like those rioters shown)

Kenstar

if only the show didn't find the need to have used anime tropes characters

in design i mean. The bunny outfit and the tiny girl with the godzilla outfit. And the guy who says NYAAAA all the time.

so quirky and unique *Holds up spork*

At least they set precedence with flamies boob strap by having princess bodyguard guy also have a pec strap

Syrinx

So chumps, after having finished Sabagebu and Minami-ke, I need another comedy series to watch at night before I go to sleep. Am taking recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom