• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterok

Charlotte 6

Stuff happens. Nao just seems needlessly cruel sometimes. Everyone shipping Yuu/Nao isn't working for me. Crazy girl kind of came out of nowhere. That power is definitely very dangerous if you can't control it. Especially in that sort of environment. There are several directions to go, but I don't think it'll go full on zetsubou. Not yet at least.

Shimoneta 6

This isn't satire. This is genuine education. Bless this show for enlightening the world on certain matters no other show would dare touch.

Working !!! - 06

At this rate they are going to adress every plot hole this show has.
Working%21%21%21%20-%2006.jpg
But will Otoo be able to finally going to find his wife ?

NO matter , the current pairing aren't even close to be solved and we've still have the issue of takanashi mother.

Cornbread78

Arakawa Under the Bridge ep.4-6
Ok, wtf is this show? We now have an English loli moving in that uses killer Street Fighter combos, a sadistic cutie that runs a riverside farm and a weird young chick that plants a garden. Oh, and not much else, this is a weird one.

Shimoneta 6

Well that was surprisingly educational. A bit disappointed at the lack of Goriki in this, one would expect him to at least take a larger role as the only sane man in the cast, but oh well.

Saotome is great as always.

Defuser

Shimoneta ep 6

powerstonelogoesq67.png

Well that educational for the first few minutes....

poolpartyqpj02.jpg

ITS WAS A POOL PARTY FOR THE COOL KIDS IN MAH SCHOOL. ITS SO COOL IN MAH POOL.

Michiko and Hatchin 07

I have given this show far more chances then I usually do but I think I am about done.

I wonder what I even liked about it to begin with. The style, tone, music etc are all ace but everything else is not. Feels like Zankyou no Terror 2 for me.

Andrew J.

Akame ga Kil! 01

This show's got tonal whiplash out the wazoo. Wacky shounen hijinks one moment, super-bloody violence and characters so ludicrously evil they could be in Berserk the next. Good thing tonal consistency is overrated, 'cause I'm able to enjoy the constituent parts just fine.

Akame ga Kil! 01

This show's got tonal whiplash out the wazoo. Wacky shounen hijinks one moment, super-bloody violence and characters so ludicrously evil they could be in Berserk the next. Good thing tonal consistency is overrated, 'cause I'm able to enjoy the constituent parts just fine.

If you don't care about tonal whiplash you will probably enjoy it way more.

Berserk comparisons aren't inaccurate with the hyper violence and morally ambiguous protagonists but Berserk bothers to have some legit theming and spent 9 volumes building up the characters to be horrifically slaughtered and not 2 minutes.

Andrew J.

Berserk comparisons aren't inaccurate with the hyper violence and morally ambiguous protagonists but Berserk bothers to have some legit theming and spent 9 volumes building up the characters to be horrifically slaughtered and not 2 minutes.

Oh, I agree completely

But there's also part of me that thinks maybe if Miura had went faster maybe they'd be off the goddamn boat by now

Shimoneta 6
The first half of this was really dull. The rest was better, but Kajou's schtick is starting to feel pretty stale.

Working!!! 6

What is with all of this development. I can't process a slice of life comedy actually moving towards a resolution.

Charlotte 6
WTF... I had a bad feeling shit was about to go down, but whyyyy :'(
..I actually have a sister about Aymui's age, so that actually hit me hard. I feel like I need to go take a walk now.

Mandelbo

If you don't care about tonal whiplash you will probably enjoy it way more.

I still don't get why Akame ga Kill does the whole tone whiplash thing. Bear in mind I only saw one episode of the anime, since I wanted to see if it was still there from the manga (which I read quite a bit more of,) but it was still just as bad. There's a bit in the manga fairly early on where they break the fourth wall by having a joke that directly references the magazine the manga was serialised in, but then on the very next page has a gruesome crucifixion scene. I just put it down to shoddy writing, and I'd find it a lot easier to take seriously if it knew what it wanted to be.

Okay so, as I said last week, I've been trying to get into the Monogatari series, and after reading some of your opinions on the matter I finally started watching it, starting with Bakemonogatari.

So first of all, I like it. I just watched 8 episodes and only stopped because I realized how late it was. Though, it actually took until episode 2 for it to completely get me into it.

Now for a more detailed opinion. The show differs a lot from other anime I've watched before, yet it still uses familiar elements. First of all and one of the most noticeable elements is the art. The backgrounds can be really odd at times, but not bad, just different. The animation is really special. The spontaneous transitions that don't follow a coherent line of actions really appeal to me. It charges this scenes with more meaning than just the represantation of the characters dialogue in a given context. It's a really interesting contrast. The story is interesting, and really funny at times, and the twists and surprises here and there keep you hooked
Like Mayoi being a ghost, that really blew my mind.
. The characters also are interesting, each in their own way, though it might be too soon to give a complete opinion on that subject just yet.

As for some of the things I had a hard time dealing with so far, I would primarly say that the constant flashing of words is the only thing I've had a problem with so far. At first I was trying to keep up with all of it, but I eventually gave up. Also, the fact that there is a "before" story that explains many of the things currently going on and that they don't bother too much on addressing, though I decided to just play along, as I know that this stories take place in further adaptations.

As for the closing statement I just have to say, some of the reaction faces are the best I've seen and they always give me a good laugh.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Okay so, as I said last week, I've been trying to get into the Monogatari series, and after reading some of your opinions on the matter I finally started watching it, starting with Bakemonogatari.

So first of all, I like it. I just watched 8 episodes and only stopped because I realized how late it was. Though, it actually took until episode 2 for it to completely get me into it.

Now for a more detailed opinion. The show differs a lot from other anime I've watched before, yet it still uses familiar elements. First of all and one of the most noticeable elements is the art. The backgrounds can be really odd at times, but not bad, just different. The animation is really special. The spontaneous transitions that don't follow a coherent line of actions really appeal to me. It charges this scenes with more meaning than just the represantation of the characters dialogue in a given context. It's a really interesting contrast. The story is interesting, and really funny at times, and the twists and surprises here and there keep you hooked
Like Mayoi being a ghost, that really blew my mind.
. The characters also are interesting, each in their own way, though it might be too soon to give a complete opinion on that subject just yet.

As for some of the things I had a hard time dealing with so far, I would primarly say that the constant flashing of words is the only thing I've had a problem with so far. At first I was trying to keep up with all of it, but I eventually gave up. Also, the fact that there is a "before" story that explains many of the things currently going on and that they don't bother too much on addressing, though I decided to just play along, as I know that this stories take place in further adaptations.

As for the closing statement I just have to say, some of the reaction faces are the best I've seen and they always give me a good laugh.

yesss.....yyeeeesss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom