• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to believe more Full Metal Panic will be adapted, but fuck I don't want to be disappointed.

Heeeeeey everyone!!! I'm back!! Good to be back with everyone once again!

So because I've been out for a month, can't give an update on being here for 4 months, boooo ~ to that. Aside from that, I have been lurking and enjoying all the updates everyone has given (Though I wish people would be more considerate about using spoiler tags, please).

I'm currently sitting on 18 write ups for anime, as in, during the month of July I've seen 18 shows + another 19 or so that are currently airing. I've thought about it for a bit and decided the best way to go about doing this is if I were to drop 3-4 reviews per day, spread out around 3-4 hours to minimize the spam. I'll start posting them tomorrow in no real order of when I watched or what I thought of them (though we all probably know how that part went =).

I'm really glad to be back though, I've really missed you all! <3

It's nice to have you back.

Narag

Daicon III/IV

huh, for whatever reason I'd always been under the impression these were actual shows :lol They're a real showcase though and it's criminal it seems stuck to the low quality ghetto.

Hidamari Sketch Specials 1-2
7ppG0pkl.png

Art shifts and some amusingly detailed animation cuts made everything feel a little more realized this time around. Is this the direction the show takes after S1?

Terraformars OVA

Terrible.

I'm loving Gintama' so much, the opening and ending are my fav so far, episode 211 had me drowning in tears : ( , All I hope is for Pirako to be completely destroyed.
Watching Otose bleeding in the ground while watching Gin lose his head because he lost another important person was so shocking.

It is still weird to watch the anime in 16:9 after 200 episodes with the old school format haha.

Best Ending.

Welcome back Arcadius! Stay safe lol.

God Eater 4

My show is back :3 Man I am loving this show and how they are adapting it to be something brand new. The scene with the survivors wasn't in the game, and it was so strong. I felt horrible for the poor girl. They live in a screwed up society, in which protection only exists if you hold the talent to wield a weapon, or if you are related to someone that does. And they say Aegis is supposed to exist for all of mankind? Calling it bullshit.

That one's good but my favorite has to be ED8

honorary mention goes to the yorinuki gintama (reruns with new OPs and EDs) ED2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWUqK8xsnH0&ab_channel=SSTV

justaway x elizabeth OTP

oh, ED11 is great too especially the explanation for why kagura is running in the sun lmao

ED 4 by Does is pretty great.

The Yorinuki Gintama reruns has to go to ED 4. Plus the person singing it is a guy.

Also ED 16 Sayonara is a favorite of mine as well.

Yeah Gintama has too many great EDs.

Maken-Ki - 11

oh my gooooddd they all started working at the maid cafe! Thank you Odin.

I bet this and the pool fight episode was the main appeal for the BDs. This show so far is no Testament in terms of pure lewdness.
It's more passive with the clothed shots. Occasionally there is the "physically impossible boobfall", but that and the full on nudity isn't really that common

fQ56MaG.jpg
UuNGa2r.jpg

Chacha girl you just sky rocketed with that milk stunt you did
worst girl inaho scrub messing up and crying, just leave already nobody likes you!
Gonna switch it up before I head into season 2, Stardust Crusaders or Shirobako. I'll let fate decide with a coin flip!

cajunator

Banned
Maken-Ki - 11

oh my gooooddd they all started working at the maid cafe! Thank you Odin.

I bet this and the pool fight episode was the main appeal for the BDs. This show so far is no Testament in terms of pure lewdness.
It's more passive with the clothed shots. Occasionally there is the "physically impossible boobfall", but that and the full on nudity isn't really that common

worst girl inaho scrub messing up and crying, just leave already nobody likes you!
Gonna switch it up before I head into season 2, Stardust Crusaders or Shirobako. I'll let fate decide with a coin flip!

This post made me laugh out loud.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Senki Zesshou Symphogear - 10

All the trio altogether! Brings tears to my eyes!

In other news, it appears that there's not a lot of
yuri doujins for this series. Sad panda you let me down! :(

Cornbread78

Arakawa Under the Bridge ep.6-9
Well, not much has changed in terms of story and tone, but I guess we finally got a kiss between the MC and his "lover."
The crazy quirkyness of everything is still alive and well, and the comedy is plentiful. I mean, the love battle for sister between the lil' English loli Stella and the tsundere/yandere river farm owner Marie was hilarious.

Narag

Is it actually worth watching the series at all? I don't have much this season so I was looking for something else.

Haven't seen the series proper but was curious about how the first volume of the manga was adapted. I wasn't a fan to begin with and they somehow made it worse so take that as you will.

Nah it really isnt. Its a curiosity for a couple episodes then just forgettable.
I'd just read the manga if you really care honestly. Anime has a few good scenes, but it's still a downgrade for the most part.

That's a shame. I remember when this first came out someone accused the series of being racist. I skipped it because it didn't seem all that interesting, but I don't have much I wanna watch this season so I'm reaching out.

Maken-Ki Specials

Fuck that coin toss for now, I found this shit.
I don't know if this is something from the manga. I can imagine the studio googling "Sexy fitness exercises" and translating them into this. This is all together roughly 60 minutes by the way.

The characters are acting like this is some serious training class and thoroughly explaining the exercise and its benefit like we actually give a fuck. This is more comical than erotic!
Like for example one girl is doing squats exercise with the camera positioned with a view up her skirt. She does this up-down movement for a good minute while counting "One! Two!" over and over, and suddenly she falls with her bum right into the camera.

Her movement from left to right is at one point only telegraphed by the position of her camel toe. Bravo Xebec. I haven't laughed this hard in a while.

That's a shame. I remember when this first came out someone accused the series of being racist. I skipped it because it didn't seem all that interesting, but I don't have much I wanna watch this season so I'm reaching out.

No, the manga is for sure racist since Its not just one or two things.It has multiple racist caricatures piled onto each other, that unless the mangaka is the most unlucky guy in the world, knew what he was doing.

Speaking of stuff worth watching, how's M3? All I need for it to be is not boring, even if it's stupid.

It has a very slow start and a certain degree of melodrama (not nearly as bad as other Okada shows, but I never found her shows as bad as other people have said), but it was kind of interesting after it got going. It's a non-standard mecha that is carried by how much suffering the protagonists have to endure, where teenage soldiers are sent on expeditions to a zone that is literally suffering incarnate.

Honestly, if you can endure the boring start, I found it more compelling than the other mecha shows released around the same time, but that isn't really much of an accomplishment when that includes stuff like Captain Earth, Aldnoah, and Cross Ange.

No, the manga is for sure racist since Its not just one or two things.It has multiple racist caricatures piled onto each other, that unless the mangaka is the most unlucky guy in the world, knew what he was doing.

Well I guess that's out then. I picked up the first season of Moyashimon since I liked the 2nd and saw they added it to crunchyroll. Let the marathon begin!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Senki Zesshou Symphogear - 13 [Season 1 END]

This was truly an incredible show that has easily made its way into my top 10 best shows of all time. Again I have to thank r_thanatos for being both so persistent and patient with me in checking this series out, this was truly a gem that I honestly should've been on top of from the start. Why this doesn't have a ton of doujinshi for it quite honestly boggles my mind.

Will most likely start on season 2 tomorrow, going to watch some Koshien in the meantime.

blurr

Three episodes into Hyouka and I must say, I really love it. Initial impression feels like it's a more polished and well narrated version of Suzumiya Haruhi TV series. Well, Chitanda and the whole club setting is very reminiscent of it :p looking forward to watching more.

The mysteries aren't very intense but they certainly leave me very intrigued. This is coming from someone who played 999, Danganronpa and Danganronpa 2 recently. Still playing Danganronpa 2 though.

It has a very slow start and a certain degree of melodrama (not nearly as bad as other Okada shows, but I never found her shows as bad as other people have said), but it was kind of interesting after it got going. It's a non-standard mecha that is carried by how much suffering the protagonists have to endure, where teenage soldiers are sent on expeditions to a zone that is literally suffering incarnate.

Honestly, if you can endure the boring start, I found it more compelling than the other mecha shows released around the same time, but that isn't really much of an accomplishment when that includes stuff like Captain Earth, Aldnoah, and Cross Ange.

The melodrama is why I watch Okada stuff!

Guess I'll give it a try despite the dissenting opinions.

This was truly an incredible show that has easily made its way into my top 10 best shows of all time. Again I have to thank r_thanatos for being both so persistent and patient with me in checking this series out, this was truly a gem that I honestly should've been on top of from the start. Why this doesn't have a ton of doujinshi for it quite honestly boggles my mind.

Will most likely start on season 2 tomorrow, going to watch some Koshien in the meantime.

I've been gushing about this since the start! >_<

cajunator

Banned

Welp. This is definitely on my list now.
What does it compare to?

VRMN

Macross Frontier - 7

Holy shit.

Holy. Shit.

Why do people hate this show, again? *blares "Infinity #7" *

The end, mostly. A problem the films fix, honestly, to the point I consider them the definitive version of the story even cutting out the level of detail you must when condensing two cour to two films.

Soundtrack is the goddamn best, though. Like, maybe one song on the entire soundtrack I don't completely love and every last vocal track is amazing.

The end, mostly. A problem the films fix, honestly, to the point I consider them the definitive version of the story even cutting out the level of detail you must when condensing two cour to two films.

Soundtrack is the goddamn best, though. Like, maybe one song on the entire soundtrack I don't completely love and every last vocal track is amazing.

So far it seems to be a combination of everything I loved from the previous Macross shows.

Epic battleship moments and character drama (Original), dogfights (Plus), and awesome music (7).

Welp. This is definitely on my list now.
What does it compare to?

Surprisingly, not much. Content-wise, it's a darker magical girl series like Madoka with a heavier focus on action over despair, but its fights borrow more from shounen with their variety, hot-blooded and over the top nature over the more focused Sentai trappings you'll usually see. There's also a ton of idol stuff and rather than a straight-up magical aesthetic, the suits and powers are far more mechanical-based with crazy stuff like buzzsaw pigtails and other stuff along those lines.

Also light yuri elements.

Edit: Black Rock Shooter might be a good comparison, but it's better and more coherent.

VRMN

So far it seems to be a combination of everything I loved from the previous Macross shows.

Epic battleship moments and character drama (Original), dogfights (Plus), and awesome music (7).

Trust me, the ending is really, really bad. It doesn't completely ruin the show for me, because a horrible 10 minutes can't ruin the 24 episodes of awesome that came beforehand, but it tried its absolute best. But again, the films fixed my issues with the plot to whatever degree they were fixable, so I don't really hold Frontier many grudges.

And regardless of those issues, it doesn't make the soundtrack any less godlike.

Trust me, the ending is really, really bad. It doesn't completely ruin the show for me, because a horrible 10 minutes can't ruin the 24 episodes of awesome that came beforehand, but it tried its absolute best. But again, the films fixed my issues with the plot to whatever degree they were fixable, so I don't really hold Frontier many grudges.

And regardless of those issues, it doesn't make the soundtrack any less godlike.

I'll go into the ending with slightly low expectations then. I do have the movies to watch immediately after the series so I should be set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom