• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Working Season 3 makes me want another season of Soredemo Machi wa Mawatte Iru so bad. I'm not really a voice actor groupie but I want to hear Omigawa Chiaki's voice so bad <3

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
i would die if shimoneta's anime was leading japan to becoming a dystopian nation like the one in shimoneta

although shimoneta's world doesn't have a birth crisis so maybe it'd be for the better, real weird how babies keep popping out despite the lewdness ban

Its actually not a far off idea.

Shimoneta 6

Well if nothing else, you can't say the show isn't educational? Dat ED

The episode itself had a rather dull first half followed by a second half where
Anna discovers what a viberator feels like when placed between her chest.

So are most of us in agreement that Anna has become the main reason to watch this show? It's not just me right?

Shimoneta 6

Well if nothing else, you can't say the show isn't educational? Dat ED

The episode itself had a rather dull first half followed by a second half where
Anna discovers what a viberator feels like when placed between her chest.

So are most of us in agreement that Anna has become the main reason to watch this show? It's not just me right?

Anna is the show. Before she went nuts, I thought the anime was boring. I am a believer now because of Anna.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hi. Recently I calculated a bunch of statistics about communities on GAF. I'm not really sure who would be interested or might want to know, so I thought I'd just pick a large-ish community, come in, and ask.

Would anyone here have a problem with me posting stats like the following:
- Total number of posts in anime community threads across GAF's history
- Top 10-20 posters <-- just want to make sure the people who might be on this list wouldn't be self-conscious
- Total unique posters
- Average number of posts someone makes
(Note: I don't have time to take requests for people outside the top 10)

Let me know, and if no one has any objections I'll post the stats in a few hours or tomorrow or something.

cajunator

Banned
Hi. Recently I calculated a bunch of statistics about communities on GAF. I'm not really sure who would be interested or might want to know, so I thought I'd just pick a large-ish community, come in, and ask.

- Top 10-20 posters <-- just want to make sure the people who might be on this list wouldn't be self-conscious
- Total unique posters

Let me know, and if no one has any objections I'll post the stats in a few hours or tomorrow or something.

This could be interesting.

- Total unique posters

Sounds cool but we already know Cajunator will be #1!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

- Total unique posters

sounds cool

- Total unique posters

I for one have no problem letting people know how much I love anime
There's no way I'm on a top 10-20 poster list LOL

- Total unique posters

Seems all right.

Narag

- Total unique posters

This sounds great.

Castle Town dandelion - 06

If you can't find the answer yourself , just ask your clones !!

The second part was much more grounded but still good. AT least that explain plenty of things.. that familly is as intresting to watch as ever... can't wait for the next episode.

Celcius

°Temp. member
After all these years I finally got around to watching Tales of Vesperia: First Strike. It was better than I thought it would be and explained some things that I never even knew. I was kinda hoping
Judith, Karol, and Patty would make an appearance since everyone else did
. Great show. It was kinda messed up about
Repede's dad going out the way he did and the captain dying
though.

- Total unique posters

I'm interested. I'd like to see who will after Cajun for the most posts on Anime-Gaf.

- Total unique posters

I think i have a good idea who might be #1 or #2

i'm intrested in the other stats actually

Instro

- Total unique posters

Wall of shame hitting the big time.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
All stats apply to Anime-GAF threads that are in OT Community (so the stats may be missing stuff from several years ago where it was not posting in the Community forum):

Anime has the 5th largest community on GAF, with 640,000 posts. It's somewhere around 1% of all GAF posts. Of course this doesn't include Manga-GAF, Toonami-GAF, or communities for shows like K-on (69,000 posts), Love Live (~30,000 posts) or others like Naruto, Kill La Kill, or One Piece.

Top 20 posters of all time:
cajunator (35796) <-- now that's dedication.
Narag (14493)
Jexhius (13345)
firehawk12 (12276)
Branduil (12265)
Dedication Through Light (11551)
wonzo (11102)
KirbYuuYuu (9862)
duckroll (9340)
madp (9266)
R_thanatos (9024)
Theonik (8925)
CorvoSol (8835)
Jarmel (8556)
Regulus Tera (8347)
Admiral Woofington (8214)
Chet Rippo (7651)
kayos90 (7582)
dakkumauji (7504)
Articalys (7292)
Stumpokapow (32)
If anyone feels uncomfortable being on this list, PM me. I'd appreciate if others don't quote the names of anyone who hasn't registered being OK. This is kind of an experiment and depending on how useful you guys find it I might consider posting similar stats in other larger general-purpose communities.

122 users have posted over 1,000 times. About 3,000 unique users have posted in AnimeGAF over the years, so the average user is posting around 200 times. This puts AnimeGAF at about 12th on the ranking of "most dedicated users", which is actually not bad relative to its size because it shows the community has core members but also is somewhat welcoming to new users.

Cornbread78

I think i have a good idea who might be #1 or #2

i'm intrested in the other stats actually

Uggh, hopefully, I stepped down a notch from #2... maybe? I need to spend more time on the gaming side again, it's been 8 months now, lol.

Edit: phew, all-time stats...

Oh, I started another one tonight:

Spice and Wolf ep.1-3
Man, at times, the text really flies out there, especially with all the currency talk. It's going to be fun watching Horo give Lawrence a hard time constantly, lol. Those apples really did taste good.

jediyoshi

Non Non Biyori Repeat 06

DdwWRDl.png

9jT454x.png

my heart can't

All stats apply to Anime-GAF threads that are in OT Community (so the stats may be missing stuff from several years ago where it was not posting in the Community forum):

Anime has the 5th largest community on GAF, with 640,000 posts. It's somewhere around 1% of all GAF posts. Of course this doesn't include Manga-GAF, Toonami-GAF, or communities for shows like K-on (69,000 posts), Love Live (~30,000 posts) or others like Naruto, Kill La Kill, or One Piece.

Narag (14493)
Jexhius (13345)
firehawk12 (12276)
Branduil (12265)
wonzo (11102)
KirbYuuYuu (9862)
duckroll (9340)
madp (9266)
R_thanatos (9024)
Theonik (8925)
CorvoSol (8835)
Jarmel (8556)
Regulus Tera (8347)
Chet Rippo (7651)
kayos90 (7582)
dakkumauji (7504)
Articalys (7292)
Stumpokapow (32)
If anyone feels uncomfortable being on this list, PM me. I'd appreciate if others don't quote the names of anyone who hasn't registered being OK. This is kind of an experiment and depending on how useful you guys find it I might consider posting similar stats in other larger general-purpose communities.

122 users have posted over 1,000 times. About 3,000 unique users have posted in AnimeGAF over the years, so the average user is posting around 200 times. This puts AnimeGAF at about 12th on the ranking of "most dedicated users", which is actually not bad relative to its size because it shows the community has core members but also is somewhat welcoming to new users.

Wow I didn't expect Cajun to be well over double the #2. This is pretty cool though, remember a thread on gaming side about a week ago for biggest community, would be cool to get some solid stats on that.

ibyea

Banned

Narag (14493)
Jexhius (13345)
firehawk12 (12276)
Branduil (12265)
wonzo (11102)
KirbYuuYuu (9862)
duckroll (9340)
madp (9266)
R_thanatos (9024)
Theonik (8925)
CorvoSol (8835)
Jarmel (8556)
Regulus Tera (8347)
Chet Rippo (7651)
kayos90 (7582)
dakkumauji (7504)
Articalys (7292)
Stumpokapow (32)

cool!

5th largest community on GAF, didn't expect that. The top 5 is mostly what I expected though (So many Cajun posts). Out of curiosity how many posts have I made on Anime-GAF?

Droplet

Wow, that's awesome. I don't post in here very often but Anime-GAF is pretty welcoming. Being able to post on a series by series, episode by episode basis definitely helps being able to go in and out.

sonicmj1

Stumpokapow (32)

Cool stats. I'll be interested to see what other communities look like.

While you're here, when are you going to finish Eden of the East? You stopped posting impressions at the second-to-last episode!

Cornbread78

Love those all-time stats. It's good stuff ya bunch of anime, otaku, wannabe freaks.

Luv ya'll. Waaaay past my bedtime now, uuggh, see ya'll in 5 hours.

Oh, I started another one tonight:

Spice and Wolf ep.1-3
Man, at times, the text really flies out there, especially with all the currency talk. It's going to be fun watching Horo give Lawrence a hard time constantly, lol. Those apples really did taste good.

Good choice Cornbread. The anime only goes up to volume 5 out of the 17 LN novels while skipping volume 4. Once you finish watching the anime, I recommend reading the LN's to continue the story.

I like what i'm reading ...and it's true animegaf is a welcoming community.
So if i'm undertanding this properly , this "most dedicated users" refers to those that keep being in each thread over each OT ... Yep , there is some familiars faces that keep going every day to those thread.

and i'm part of it .. This community is quite relaxing , without you guys i would have probably skipped plenty of shows that i genuinely enjoy now. Thanks again guys !

Cute .... has no limits ....

Ps: i should have made a Bet because i totally called out #1 AND #2

Syrinx

Narag (14493)
Jexhius (13345)
firehawk12 (12276)
Branduil (12265)
wonzo (11102)
KirbYuuYuu (9862)
duckroll (9340)
madp (9266)
R_thanatos (9024)
Theonik (8925)
CorvoSol (8835)
Jarmel (8556)
Regulus Tera (8347)
Chet Rippo (7651)
kayos90 (7582)
dakkumauji (7504)
Articalys (7292)
Stumpokapow (32)

Just curious; I can think of footyGAF, NFL-GAF, and NBA-GAF as probably being ahead of this one. What's the other one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom