• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

I was looking at some random openings for some old shows earlier today and I just went into spiral of watching more and more, man they don't make em like they used to.

Tenumi

Banned
You know, I watched completely through Season 1 recently and there was absolutely no Mana Sharing. Guess that starts in Season 2.

Anybody remembers AOTY of 2011 8th ranker [B]Hanasaku Iroha[/B] ? I recall noticing it long, long time ago and just remembered I wanted to give it a try though I do not fare well with SoL. But I see that while Ando is directing, Okada is the script writer. Still worth a shot ?[/QUOTE]

It's a really darn good looking anime with lacking characters and some melodrama. It's not terrible, it's just not really doing anything particularly well other than the visuals.

If you want to stomach some Okada writing I'd rather suggest to give Nagi no Asukara a try. That one has some more interesting concepts, is equally visually impressive and has one heck of an OST.

javac

Watch JoJo openings and you'll think otherwise.

I've seen 'the' JoJo opening (no idea how many there are or which one it is :p) and I have to say, I really like it. It's pretty great. Not seen the show myself. Even still, my tastes in shows is probably off-kilter around these parts, I'm into weird stuff and the OP's I like probably won't be all that popular here,
and no I'm not a hipster! :p

I was looking at some random openings for some old shows earlier today and I just went into spiral of watching more and more, man they don't make em like they used to.

I actually think OPs are better now then they were in the 80s/90s, but there are plenty of good ones from then. Most of my favorites are from 2000+

I mean, these are the best OPs ever obviously. I can't find them all in good HD quality though RIP

Monogatari has some great ones too, really pretty much every Shaft OP is A+

Squishy3

So if David Production does animate Diamond is Unbreakable this would be the best song for the Opening.

This song completely fits the atmosphere of Part 4 Diamond is Unbreakable. It has that fun comfy atmosphere that makes you want to dance.
Nah, they'll make a song specifically for the OP just like all the other Jojo OPs. None of the anthology stuff will be used for the show in any way shape or form.

Hapiness charge precure - 37

OMG i HATE this DRAMA

MY GOD the love triangle , the parallels to the other duo/trio all of this s's so OBVIOUS i want to fast forward EVEN FASTER

The only freaking aspect bringing down an otherwise fine show

phaze

It's a really darn good looking anime with lacking characters and some melodrama. It's not terrible, it's just not really doing anything particularly well other than the visuals.

If you want to stomach some Okada writing I'd rather suggest to give Nagi no Asukara a try. That one has some more interesting concepts, is equally visually impressive and has one heck of an OST.

But I would have to get accustomed to those chara designs ;_; And some ridiculous love pentagrams too from what I remember from reading your impressions.

----

There is literally only one version of Goku SZS OP2 on the net and it's in ~200p ...

phaze

Yeah, it was a mind blower for sure.

Nisekoi

I don't even know what episode I've gotten to but this anime just keeps getting dumber. It started off decent but slowly and surely turned into a harem. I mean it is enjoyable for what it is. So I guess there's no room to complain if it's enjoyable. I just know the season 2 ending will have no resolution whatsoever.

Well you're not wrong on that. The manga only just now entered what might very well be the beginning of the end. Should they continue with the anime, it will still be long time before they get there.

kewlmyc

Gatchaman Crowds Insight 06

Doctors for everyone and they're free. Taxes down to 2%. Majority vote for everything. There's no way in hell society can function like that, and I wonder what's going to happen to everyone who disagrees with the majority. Gel's an excellent "villain in the making". The best and most complex villains are those who actually have good intentions.

javac

I actually think OPs are better now then they were in the 80s/90s, but there are plenty of good ones from then. Most of my favorites are from 2000+

I mean, these are the best OPs ever obviously. I can't find them all in good HD quality though RIP

Those are pretty interesting, really grab my attention I'll say that much and the show itself looks interesting to boot. Thanks for posting them! I guess I'll post some of my favorites then, hopefully its a fun topic and detracts from all of the, *ahem* interesting gifs :p Sorry in advance to people who hate lists!

Takarajima
Patlabor Opening 2 - Condition Green
City Hunter OP 2 - Go Go Heaven
Ranpou (Warp Boy)
The Irresponsible Captain Tylor
SDF Macross
Sakigake!! Otokojuku - Yogorechimatta Kanashimi ni...
Dragon Ball - Makafushigi Adventure
The Super Dimension Century Orguss- Hyouryuu: Sky Hurricane
Zettai Muteki Raijin-Oh
Space Adventure Cobra - Cobra
Aim for the Ace!
Giant Gorg - Bright Eyes

Just a few that I like :p Some are less known as others, some belong to series that aren't amazing but the OP's are fantastic regardless. And yes, Makafushigi Adventure is better than Cha-La Head-Cha-La :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom