• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Stump.

Stump.

I really need this information for DOTAGAF.

Please, consider this your very first request for STATSSSSSSSSSSS.

sonicmj1

I like what i'm reading ...and it's true animegaf is a welcoming community.
So if i'm undertanding this properly , this "most dedicated users" refers to those that keep being in each thread over each OT ... Yep , there is some familiars faces that keep going every day to those thread.

I think "most dedicated users" is based on how many posts an average user of the community makes.

Instro

All stats apply to Anime-GAF threads that are in OT Community (so the stats may be missing stuff from several years ago where it was not posting in the Community forum):

Anime has the 5th largest community on GAF, with 640,000 posts. It's somewhere around 1% of all GAF posts. Of course this doesn't include Manga-GAF, Toonami-GAF, or communities for shows like K-on (69,000 posts), Love Live (~30,000 posts) or others like Naruto, Kill La Kill, or One Piece.

Top 20 posters of all time:
cajunator (35796) <-- now that's dedication.
Narag (14493)
Jexhius (13345)
firehawk12 (12276)
Branduil (12265)
Dedication Through Light (11551)
wonzo (11102)
KirbYuuYuu (9862)
duckroll (9340)
madp (9266)
R_thanatos (9024)
Theonik (8925)
CorvoSol (8835)
Jarmel (8556)
Regulus Tera (8347)
Admiral Woofington (8214)
Chet Rippo (7651)
kayos90 (7582)
dakkumauji (7504)
Articalys (7292)
Stumpokapow (32)
If anyone feels uncomfortable being on this list, PM me. I'd appreciate if others don't quote the names of anyone who hasn't registered being OK. This is kind of an experiment and depending on how useful you guys find it I might consider posting similar stats in other larger general-purpose communities.

122 users have posted over 1,000 times. About 3,000 unique users have posted in AnimeGAF over the years, so the average user is posting around 200 times. This puts AnimeGAF at about 12th on the ranking of "most dedicated users", which is actually not bad relative to its size because it shows the community has core members but also is somewhat welcoming to new users.

I think the most I've ever posted in one of these threads is like ~400, and that was back when I was still in college. Don't know how some of you folks do it.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Two years of semi-retirement from animegaf still meant nothing in the face of the cumulative wall of shame. RIP

All stats apply to Anime-GAF threads that are in OT Community (so the stats may be missing stuff from several years ago where it was not posting in the Community forum):

Anime has the 5th largest community on GAF, with 640,000 posts. It's somewhere around 1% of all GAF posts. Of course this doesn't include Manga-GAF, Toonami-GAF, or communities for shows like K-on (69,000 posts), Love Live (~30,000 posts) or others like Naruto, Kill La Kill, or One Piece.

Narag (14493)
Jexhius (13345)
firehawk12 (12276)
Branduil (12265)
wonzo (11102)
KirbYuuYuu (9862)
duckroll (9340)
madp (9266)
R_thanatos (9024)
Theonik (8925)
CorvoSol (8835)
Jarmel (8556)
Regulus Tera (8347)
Chet Rippo (7651)
kayos90 (7582)
dakkumauji (7504)
Articalys (7292)
Stumpokapow (32)
If anyone feels uncomfortable being on this list, PM me. I'd appreciate if others don't quote the names of anyone who hasn't registered being OK. This is kind of an experiment and depending on how useful you guys find it I might consider posting similar stats in other larger general-purpose communities.

122 users have posted over 1,000 times. About 3,000 unique users have posted in AnimeGAF over the years, so the average user is posting around 200 times. This puts AnimeGAF at about 12th on the ranking of "most dedicated users", which is actually not bad relative to its size because it shows the community has core members but also is somewhat welcoming to new users.
Now this is some really cool stuff. AnimeGAF has been around for a long time, I remember not even being a member on GAF yet and coming around to read people's impressions on the shows that were on that season. This is a good community with good people.

Saprol

Teekyu 54
Ap1a2Ns.png
hey they changed the OP this episode for the alien girl

Syrinx

What makes that cajun number even more mind boggling is that according to him, this isn't even the only anime community he posts in.

Crocodile

Is there one place were all these states for all the big community threads are being collected & posted?

Honestly, my most surprising takeaway from Stump's stats is that there is apparently a Kill la Kill GAF.

Huh.

The OT for that show had like 11k posts. But "big" shows getting "big" OTs isn't a surprise. I think AoT S1 got near 7k posts? Stardust Crusaders OT got near 5k. Plus some of these show OT also have general franchise OTs like Jojo.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Is there one place were all these states for all the big community threads are being collected & posted?

The OT for that show had like 11k posts. But "big" shows getting "big" OTs isn't a surprise. I think AoT S1 got near 7k posts? Stardust Crusaders OT got near 5k. Plus some of these show OT also have general franchise OTs like Jojo.

11,500 posts. That's more the Hunter x Hunter 2011 which ran for 3 years!

Oh, I interpreted that as meaning that there was specifically a Community thread independent of the thread created during the broadcast.

In that case, sure, OT has several multi-thousand-post threads devoted to specific anime, of which only a few were originally founded in Community like K-On and Sailor Moon.

Syrinx

Oh, I interpreted that as meaning that there was specifically a Community thread independent of the thread created during the broadcast.

In that case, sure, OT has several multi-thousand-post threads devoted to specific anime, of which only a few were originally founded in Community like K-On and Sailor Moon.
I think KLK gaf was just the OT put in community after people continued to post some after the show ended.

Articalys

Cajun responds to pretty much anything anyone else posts, ever, plus his own episode impressions, so I'm not surprised at his spot/domination.

I'm equal parts amazed and ashamed at barely making the top 20 after trying to abandon here at the start of the year, though it does feel like the only place I posted for the first few years of having an account. All that news shitposting really added up, like some sort of hideous baggage. I'm sure someone's waiting just below that number at spot #21 to knock me out of the charts now anyway; I haven't kept up with the community but I'm sure there's some highly active fresh blood that's joined recently.

edit: yep, 7292 over 13905, so that's just over half.

Quasar

Good choice Cornbread. The anime only goes up to volume 5 out of the 17 LN novels while skipping volume 4. Once you finish watching the anime, I recommend reading the LN's to continue the story.

Yeah. Adore this anime. Still one of my alltime faves. Such great chemistry.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Cajun responds to pretty much anything anyone else posts, ever, plus his own episode impressions, so I'm not surprised at his spot/domination.

I'm equal parts amazed and ashamed at barely making the top 20 after trying to abandon here at the start of the year, though it does feel like the only place I posted for the first few years of having an account. All that news shitposting really added up, like some sort of hideous baggage. I'm sure someone's waiting just below that number at spot #21 to knock me out of the charts now anyway; I haven't kept up with the community but I'm sure there's some highly active fresh blood that's joined recently.

You can never give the anime drugs. Also, just look at the tags around here for the fresh meat.

Articalys

You can never give the anime drugs. Also, just look at the tags around here for the fresh meat.
I've been doing pretty well for the most part though! Hell, I'm not even watching anything right now, and I still haven't finished the one show I started last season. You could probably check my rapid dropoff on the thread-specific walls of shame over the last few seasons. I don't know why I keep letting myself get dragged back here on occasion though, like right now (well, right now was because I did a search to see if I was quoted or mentioned anywhere recently, and this thread lit up).

Nana - 01&02

So after these first two episodes it's already crystal clear that the writing and direction are excellent. I was expecting the latter, considering the director Morio Asaka, and it looks like the manga it's adopted from was indeed very well written.

Therefore I'm in heaven with over 40 episodes left to go, even if the anime got an ending of its own (because the manga wasn't (and maybe still isn't) finished at time of production or sth).

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Narag (14493)
Jexhius (13345)
firehawk12 (12276)
Branduil (12265)
wonzo (11102)
KirbYuuYuu (9862)
duckroll (9340)
madp (9266)
R_thanatos (9024)
Theonik (8925)
CorvoSol (8835)
Jarmel (8556)
Regulus Tera (8347)
Chet Rippo (7651)
kayos90 (7582)
dakkumauji (7504)
Articalys (7292)
Stumpokapow (32)

I'm going to assume the bulk of my posts were from the halcyon days of AnimeGAF circa 09-11 when me and Jexhius were posting a fuck ton.

Cajun is no surprise of course, but I don't even know what the hell Narag posts about.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I'm going to assume the bulk of my posts were from the halcyon days of AnimeGAF circa 09-11 when me and Jexhius were posting a fuck ton.

Cajun is no surprise of course, but I don't even know what the hell Narag posts about.
I'd assume it was just empty nags against a an non mandatory institution.

cajunator

Banned
Shimoneta 3

this is easily one of the most unique shows Ive seen, with shockingly fun writing and genuinely interesting characters. Its shameless but Im compelled to watch it, not because of raunchiness but because it has an actually interesting plot and keeps me guessing.
its leading to something and...OH SHIT

Mandelbo

I was kinda anticipating being on that list, but thankfully it was an "of all time" list while I've only been here for a few months, edging half a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom