• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadius

Banned
Girls Bravo (Seasons 1 and 2)

You know how in most harems, the main guy is afraid of women or has no idea how to act around them? They’re so afraid of the boobies and close contact, right; well in Girls Bravo, our MC has a ridiculous reason for being afraid of girls! He’s been bullied by them all his life and develops a rash/hives that permeates throughout his entire body when a girl touches him, sucks, right?

Our MC is Yukinari Sasaki, he lives alone in his large home and has a really kind neighbor/childhood friend that takes care of him. The neighbor is Kojima Kirie, a really pretty girl who’s loud, slightly obnoxious and very strong, you don’t mess with her.
The main girl for Girls Bravo is Miharu, she comes from a different planet, a planet that has a population of 90% females who are all looking to get married and messed up (You know.... oh trust me... you know) to any man they can find; though Miharu isn’t like this at all. She’s kind, sweet, extra cute and is the only girl that doesn’t cause Yukinari’s hives to break out; pretty neat!

There are a few recurring support characters such as Fukuyama Kazuharu, he’s the super perverted, grope you in the middle of class type of guy. He’s aggressive and loves the girls, he’s not afraid to get a little dirty, but to make things funny, he hates guys; so he gets hives whenever a guy might touch him; really funny stuff. We also have his imouto, Fukuyama Risa (Lisa), she too is in love with Yukinari, she’s also a bad ass witch who deals with black magic and is a super gorgeous blonde girl. There is also Koyomi, Ebi and Tomoka; Ebi is some sort of creature from Seiren (The planet with a ton of horny girls) and Koyomi and Tomoka came from Seiren to help find a groom for Miharu’s sister Maharu. The cast is all really funny and because there are a good handful of characters to look out for, you never get bored or annoyed with any of them, (well maybe Kazuharu and his really perverted ways).

The story: Uuuhm, you’re not watching this show for a story, you’re watching it for the boobs, really…. A lot of boobs, I mean, there are a lot. Any story that is shown is self-contained in each episode, because the anime is very slice of life and episodic, but who cares about that, let the oppai consume you, embrace the ecchi and lewd nature that is Girls Bravo, it's for the best, after all =).

Sound: Yes, there is music and ambient sound and BGM. It’s good, but not 100% memorable really. The OP and ED for both seasons however are good and very fun for what Girls Bravo is, really enjoyed them for sure.

Animation/Art Style: Hehehe, well I liked the art style and animation, the show aired in 04, right before or during the time that anime started to change towards the extra shiny and super cute look. Girls Bravo retains a more hand drawn type of look, (as in, late 90’s type of look). It’s unique and very pretty. All the girls are drawn very well, there are no strange issues that really occur, but there also isn’t much detail in the world either. A lot of the focus is on the faces and cloths of what the characters wear, things like that.

I personally enjoyed Girls Bravo. I was feeling a little down and watching this made me quite happy. It’s a series full of laughs and fun, though I suspect the MC and his hives antic will tire people out. If it matters; it’s not until the last 2 episodes of the 2nd season that things actually progress in the story, so most of it is very very slice of life. It’s fun though and I think it looks good too. Boobs <3.

Note: It's been said that Girls Bravo has a decent dub, so if you watch dubs and want something ridiculously cute and full of delicious oppai and pantsu, Girls Bravo might be what you're looking for!

Cornbread78

Separate lists threads for top 5s sounds spammy and a bad idea. Something more relevant to your interests like a single top 10 romance voting thread might be a better choice given your interests, Cornbread.

I hear ya, but this is over a couple weeks period. The threads below aren't for me, they are to be added to the OP for newbies/everyone. The topics are either not covered with the OP links, or the OP links are really old and need to be updated:

Add topics:

- Top 10 all-time
- Top 5 Romance anime
- Top 5 “Feels and Tears” anime
- Top 5 Slice of Life anime
- Top 5 Cute/Kawaii anime
- Top 5 Bloodiest/psycho anime
- Top 5 Ecchi/Fanservice anime
- Top 5 Comedy anime

Ya know, even Stumpy's stats prove we are one of the most welcoming communities on GAF, lol.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Top 10 all-time
1. Kill Me Baby
Top 5 Romance anime
1. Kill Me Baby
Top 5 “Feels and Tears” anime
1. Kill Me Baby
Top 5 Slice of Life anime
1. Kill Me Baby
Top 5 Cute/Kawaii anime
1. Kill Me Baby
Top 5 Bloodiest/psycho anime
1. Kill Me Baby
Top 5 Ecchi/Fanservice anime
N/A - I don't watch lewd drivel.
Top 5 Comedy anime
1. Kill Me Baby

OP sorted.

Dang. I didn't crack the top 20 posters. I failed... or succeeded depending on which side of the fence you are. :p

I hear ya, but this is over a couple weeks period. The threads below aren't for me, they are to be added to the OP for newbies/everyone. The topics are either not covered with the OP links, or the OP links are really old and need to be updated:

Add topics:

- Top 10 all-time
- Top 5 Romance anime
- Top 5 “Feels and Tears” anime
- Top 5 Slice of Life anime
- Top 5 Cute/Kawaii anime
- Top 5 Bloodiest/psycho anime
- Top 5 Ecchi/Fanservice anime
- Top 5 Comedy anime

Ya know, even Stumpy's stats prove we are one of the most welcoming communities on GAF, lol.

One of us, one of us.

Also Clannad easily clinches the first five categories there. ;P

Sorry. I haven't shown my Clannad love in quite some time.

Cornbread78

Top 10 all-time
1. Kill Me Baby
Top 5 Romance anime
1. Kill Me Baby
1. Kill Me Baby
1. Kill Me Baby
Top 5 Cute/Kawaii anime
1. Kill Me Baby
1. Kill Me Baby
Top 5 Comedy anime
1. Kill Me Baby

OP sorted.

Uggh..

tumblr_nsvoq5XvAW1t33d6lo1_500.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
As Stump said, these stats are only from the threads in OT community, which excludes everything before Spring 2012.
I must have still been posting in 2012 then. I know I stopped in the last few years for the most part. Which just makes that number sadder I suppose lol.

Failed.... you must post more Ninja, all the mores!

Problem is I've been watching shows and not posting anything about them or contribute like with Prison School or Shimoneta.

Should just keep watching Jojo and Charlotte and post about those. :p

Should post more when I am on my breaks. Learn to become a master like Cajun!

Not sure I'd go quite that far, but it's an easy call for the third category.

I'd accept that. Would be cool if it got into as many categories as it could. Would be a shame to miss out on it. :)

Narag

Should just link to MAL's top anime list then as you're likely to get similar results and bad lists due to popularity of a show rather than any measurable quality.

I must have still been posting in 2012 then. I know I stopped in the last few years for the most part. Which just makes that number sadder I suppose lol.

"Stopped" is pretty relative when you're still posting several hundred times per thread.

Though I'm glad I didn't make the wall of shame.

Top 10 all-time
1. Kill Me Baby
Top 5 Romance anime
1. Kill Me Baby
1. Kill Me Baby
1. Kill Me Baby
Top 5 Cute/Kawaii anime
1. Kill Me Baby
1. Kill Me Baby
Top 5 Comedy anime
1. Kill Me Baby

OP sorted.

jxCAZ.gif

cajunator

Banned
I think the most I've ever posted in one of these threads is like ~400, and that was back when I was still in college. Don't know how some of you folks do it.

I post frequently, and also bring my phone along with me fully charged up. Ive always been a heavy forum-goer wherever I post at.

Cajun responds to pretty much anything anyone else posts, ever, plus his own episode impressions, so I'm not surprised at his spot/domination.

I'm equal parts amazed and ashamed at barely making the top 20 after trying to abandon here at the start of the year, though it does feel like the only place I posted for the first few years of having an account. All that news shitposting really added up, like some sort of hideous baggage. I'm sure someone's waiting just below that number at spot #21 to knock me out of the charts now anyway; I haven't kept up with the community but I'm sure there's some highly active fresh blood that's joined recently.

edit: yep, 7292 over 13905, so that's just over half.

Honestly Im glad that a certain person has left you alone regarding news posting. IT was REALLY pissing me off. You are always welcome here Arti.

Cornbread78

Should just link to MAL's top anime list then as you're likely to get similar results and bad lists due to popularity of a show rather than any measurable quality.

No way they come close. Taking out the movies, OVAs and other crap on their ranking lists, you get something like the below:

1) Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
2) Steins;Gate
3) Gintama'
4) Hunter x Hunter (2011)
5) Clannad: After Story
6) Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
7) Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2
8) Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
9) Mushishi Zoku Shou 2nd Season
10) Hajime no Ippo
11) Cowboy Bebop
12) Monogatari Series: Second Season
13) Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
14) Mononoke Hime
15) Fate/Zero 2nd Season

You have 295 posts in this thread alone, and it's been open for less than six weeks.

That's a very generous usage of the word "stopped".

Top 10 all-time
1. Kill Me Baby
Top 5 Romance anime
1. Kill Me Baby
1. Kill Me Baby
1. Kill Me Baby
Top 5 Cute/Kawaii anime
1. Kill Me Baby
1. Kill Me Baby
Top 5 Comedy anime
1. Kill Me Baby

OP sorted.

So...are you saying I should watch Kill Me Baby?

No way they come close. Taking out the movies, OVAs and other crap on their ranking lists, you get something like the below:

1) Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
2) Steins;Gate
3) Gintama'
4) Hunter x Hunter (2011)
5) Clannad: After Story
6) Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
7) Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2
8) Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
9) Mushishi Zoku Shou 2nd Season
10) Hajime no Ippo
11) Cowboy Bebop
12) Monogatari Series: Second Season
13) Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
14) Mononoke Hime
15) Fate/Zero 2nd Season

Really?! It went so far downhill after the mom arc resolved, unbelievable.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You have 295 posts in this thread alone, and it's been open for less than six weeks.

That's a very generous usage of the word "stopped".

Firehawk said he'd cut back on playing the Love Live School Idol Festival game. He now only plays four versions of it.

cajunator

Banned
Decided to check out Sabagebu after being away from Anime for a few months.
1st episode
capture_001_07072014_203217.jpg

You win Sabagebu, you win.

Its seriously one of the funniest shows in recent memory.
Momoka is the best kind of selfish jerk. Well timed humor and absurd situations abound! You are in for a treat hehee

Just gona leave this poll on Best Anime of Summer 2015, with almost 30k votes, to get more people to try out OVERLORD .

Its still on my list. Probably soon since I caught up with other stuff again.

This is so different from the other charts I'very seen, damn... Did we ever get a final spring ranking?

From yest..

SO Key once again has a show at the top. Amazing how loyal Key fans are. Is Charlotte good? I see lots of slapstick abuse gifs lol.

SO Key once again has a show at the top. Amazing how loyal Key fans are. Is Charlotte good? I see lots of slapstick abuse gifs lol.

It's decent, the biggest problem is that it's kinda predictable, for the rest I feel like the show is kinda hit or miss, You'll either dig the characters and the "monster of the week" style of the first 5 episodes or not.

As promised the plot has thickened with this last episode, it's actually a pretty good time to jump on the bandwagon right now.

We'll have to wait until it has finished airing before anyone could make a solid review about it though.

*deep breath*

Ahh, the fresh smell of Firehawk bullying in the early evening.

Also Utena? Just recently he mentioned dropping Shin Sekai Yori at ep4 smh.

Cornbread78

It's an oddity. Maeda warned everyone the first 5-6 episodes would be slow (very SoL/Schooltime stuff) before it picked up with plot events. Let me just say that bastard wasn't joking.... Big impact in ep. 6.. Looks promising going forward..

Arcadius

Banned
Girlfriend (Kari)/(Beta)

An anime about a large cast of high school girls living out their lives. Yes, it’s very slice of life and yes, the girls are all absolutely adorable.

It’s really hard to talk about the cast of girls, in 12 episodes we meet at least 20 different characters, heck it’s probably over 30. There are a lot of girls so it makes it incredibly hard to remember even 1/4th of them. Fortunately for the viewers, there are only a handful of girls that are focused on; such as the beautiful gymnast Kokomi Shiina, or the French transfer student Lemaire Chloe. These two girls are in most episodes and make it easy to remember who they are. We also have Sakurai Akane, Mochizuki Erena and Murakami Fumio, more girls that appear in most episodes.

The best way to describe Girlfriend (Beta) is to imagine Kiniro Mosaic, take away all the really cute scenes, make the characters look older and slow the pace down; you end up with Girlfriend (Beta) and it’s actually a lot of fun. The episodes are in an episodic form, the stories are all very much drama-free and relaxing, and the girls are adorable and very cute. There are heartwarming episodes and it’s all very much a feel good show.

One of the great things about the anime in general is how all the girls feel different and most of them are cliché free. We don’t have one girl who’s the smartest, the best at sports and is also coveted by both the purest form of love and the boys, things like that don’t exist. Every girl has some type of flaw, though things of that nature are never really explained in-depth either, you have this sense that the girls are multi-faceted, which is an absolute huge + to see in any type of anime. If you watch Girlfriend (Beta), it’s because you really want to slow down time and just enjoy the girls and their antics.

As a note: there are no ecchi scenes and no skin is unnecessarily exposed, it’s safe for kids to watch! Another note: The cast consists entirely of girls, no male exists; well they do, but they never talk and are just drawn in the background to give “life” to the school, but it’s about girls and the show is probably aimed for girls too; which makes the title for the anime weird, you assume Girlfriend (Beta) will consist of dating and things like that, but nope, the title comes from a mobile dating sim game; just using the source for the characters for the anime.

The art style, well it’s very simple, I guess bland even. The colors are cute though, and the girls are drawn in a way that makes them look extra cute, blemishes and all, so very attractive. In-fact, even with the simple backgrounds, the girls alone make up for it entirely, which I think is really important, since there are so many of them too. The animation is of decent quality too I believe; once again, because there is no focus on the background art, it’s all about the girls and as such, works really well. I can’t say I had any issues with the animation while I was watching.

Music: I’d go with average - good. I can’t say I remember much of the music that was played, aside from the OP and ED, and when the OP is used mid episode. There is BGM involved, but I think most scenes can live without it and none of the scenes required much either, it’s a really slow anime so…. music could have taken a back seat and I’d still enjoy what I watched. Though it doesn’t mean the music is bad either, just that I didn’t notice it as much as I probably should.

Overall I really enjoyed Girlfriend (Beta). It reminded me of Kiniro Mosaic, we have a student who speaks in broken Japanese (Still one of the cutest things ever) and the slow pace of the show in a high school setting was really nice and relaxing. The cast of characters are great and because they’re not full of clichés, makes it easy to appreciate them all. I also liked the variety included; there was even an android girl! How cool is that? (Very)

JulianImp

I've been thinking about what my Top 5 anime series would be for several genres, and found that sadly enough most of my highly rated shows are already pretty well known. I'd rather go for something like a list of good but underlooked anime like the one we're using for the bi-monthly "let's watch" than looking at lists containing Cowboy Bebop, FMA and other such shows ad nauseam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom