• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saudades

The hell, Terra Formars season 2 announced
Fuck everything.
Oh well, I'll wait for the general hilarity when they adapt the ubermensch part (kinda spoiler, but who cares about this manga anyway).
And then there's this part:

WL5SozA.jpg

Cornbread78

Spice and Wolf is really, really awesome. Too bad we'll never get a third season of the show. One of the many shows on my list that will forever torment me with cliffhanger endings...

Edit: "Cliffhanger" is a strong word. But all the same.

Uggh, I've heard. did they ever give a reason they skipped out on animating the final 8-10 chapters of the story?

So far from all of these fall leaks/announcements, there will be nothing I'm interested in... bummer.

It kinda does though... I mean, if you can Falcon Punch you're either Captain Falcon or Kirby, both are upstanding guys.
Darling definitely fits in that list of nice dudes, here are some of his defining charateristics:
- Best cook in the world (Soma get out)
- Always defends his girls
- Never loses his cool
- Positive attidute
- Iron will

I just read this one and had to laugh. That is two great punches he has thrown so far, although I will admit, he should have punched that guy in the face after the first "interview." Looks like spida chick is gonna mess him up next week too.

I mean, look at this shot...

tumblr_nsxwww2nBL1uoves2o1_500.gif

I guess it was all just set up so we could hear Suu being so cute and cunning....

So far from all of these fall leaks/announcements, there will be nothing I'm interested in... bummer.

Didn't you mention Monogatari a while back? You know there's a new season coming out right? Anyway, next season is going to be pretty stacked for me with all that's coming.

Also, keep in mind that hype for most "unknown" shows only starts building after the first episode, when the Shimoneta and Gakkou PV's came out there wasn't a big fuzz or anything, now look at the popularity of those shows!

If there's anything that I learned of following seasonal anime is that you'll always end up with more shows than you were originally planning to watch...

Better animation than most combat anime Kappa

javac

Angel's Egg

I did quite like what I saw. And there was even more dialogue than I expected. There is this small problem though, I've no clue what I just saw.
04qzmxlvjy0j.gif
Demian's quote about the egg and the world is about the only thing this movie's symbolism reminds me of. Gonna search for some peasant friendly interpretation ...

Amazing film. I did a little review for it here Link where I basically talk about my interpretation and my feelings on it all. Hope it is of some use :)

Cornbread78

Didn't you mention Monogatari a while back? You know there's a new season coming out right? Anyway, next season is going to be pretty stacked for me with all that's coming.

Also, keep in mind that hype for most "unknown" shows only starts building after the first episode, when the Shimoneta and Gakkou PV's came out there wasn't a big fuzz or anything, now look at the popularity of those shows.

If there's anything that I learned of following seasonal anime is that you'll always end up with more shows than you were originally planning to watch...

Better animation than most combat anime

YES! How could I forget. That should cover the
the time imediately after the snake god incident and Araragi and Senjohara's graduation
that will be worth it at least...

True, there is a LOT more than I anticipated on watching out right now. It's been a busy season.

I love the way the guys face explodes back when he lands the punch... hilarious...

YES! How could I forget. That should cover the
the time imediately after the snake god incident and Araragi and Senjohara's graduation
that will be worth it at least...

True, there is a LOT more than I anticipated on watching out right now. It's been a busy season.

I've heard somewhere that Owarimonogatari is going to be mostly Arararagi backstory, not 100% sure though, I'm not even fully caught up with it yet.

Anyhow, I always like to look at the charts of next season and read some of the descriptions.

This looks kinda promising.

This short as well

Man, I really should catch up to all the shows that are going to have second seasons, so much cartoons to watch.

Is this good guys? It looks fucking amazing.

Cornbread78

I've heard somewhere that Owarimonogatari is going to be mostly Arararagi backstory, not 100% sure though, I'm not even fully caught up with it yet.

Anyhow, I always like to look at the charts of next season and read some of the descriptions.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/31318/

Well, I'm hoping for more Araragi x Senjougahara. Those who have already read it would know, but hopefully, we get a good dose of those two.

Also, that Comet Lucifer anime does sound interesting.

you see a pink haired loli holding guns and you think "Fucking amazing"?

It probably is by those standards haha.

Giant twin tails also!

I watch a lot of trash anime, KenjiGlove, but even I couldn't stand to watch all of Aria. It just takes the worst elements of anime, violent tsunderes, harems and romantic comedies and tries them together.

And I would be okay with all of this if it wasn't for the fact it simply is not entertaining.

javac

Art work looks nice, I still need to watch this. This isn't my pic unfortunately, its from the twitter account. I don't have Part 2 ordered, although I own part one...and still haven't seen it...

Saudades

The one who came up with the idea of giving anime girls firearms should get a nobel prize.

Real talk though, is it so bad that it's entertaining or is it just mediocre?
The 'moe gurl with guns' thing only works for me if it's a comedy like Sabagebu, where the girls can shoot the fuck out of each other (realistically!) without consequences.
Hidan no Aria seems like the kind of LN drivel that takes itself way too seriously even when it's marred by awful anime tropes.

Art work looks nice, I still need to watch this. This isn't my pic unfortunately, its from the twitter account. I don't have Part 2 ordered, although I own part one...and still haven't seen it...

I'm still waiting for a version that comes with soundtrack, or at the very least has both parts for cheap in a collector's edition.

javac

Little girls with guns has always looked silly to me, now a lady with a gun...Misato...please shoot me. I'd like that. Why even live if I can't at least be shot by her, not even once...fuck.

lonely

Little girls with guns has always looked silly to me, now a lady with a gun...Misato...please shoot me. I'd like that. Why even live if I can't at least be shot by her, not even once...fuck.

"That was a grown up kiss. We'll do the rest when you get back." HNNG

cajunator

Banned
I'm at this sick robot restaurant in kabukicho and I've never felt more like a tourist. I guess it makes up for napping in the park for like four hours

Lucky. Living so close to Japan, visiting there is cheap!

Damn I totally forgot about the Snow White show. I missed a few episodes of that lol.

I havent forgotten but I really should start watching it. At least Ive made some headway into other shows.

It will come out on Bluray later on.

Yeah. Best to wait about a year. It sucks but otherwise youll get burned by an HD release later after getting DVD>

cajunator

Banned
The hell, Terra Formars season 2 announced

WHY

I do hope so. ;)

Angel's Egg

I did quite like what I saw. And there was even more dialogue than I expected. There is this small problem though, I've no clue what I just saw.
04qzmxlvjy0j.gif
Demian's quote about the egg and the world is about the only thing this movie's symbolism reminds me of. Gonna search for some peasant friendly interpretation ...

Angels Egg is a surprisingly good movie. Im sure it has meaning on a deeper level than I can see, but the general idea is pretty apparent. Angel is cute too.
Fish on the walls.

Shimoneta 1-2

It certainly delivered from what I watched. Very lewd, no question (which I have no complaints about) but it's also quite witty and surprisingly compelling in its "Orwellian" setting.

Oh man, it gets way better!

cajunator

Banned
monster girls don't even have the decency to go to the monster mash smh they truly are the worst.

smh doggie.
But youve lost this battle!

This short as well

Man, I really should catch up to all the shows that are going to have second seasons, so much cartoons to watch.

AVOID BAD ARIA
Watch good Aria instead!

Senjougahara sucks

I cant..

The 'moe gurl with guns' thing only works for me if it's a comedy like Sabagebu, where the girls can shoot the fuck out of each other (realistically!) without consequences.
Hidan no Aria seems like the kind of LN drivel that takes itself way too seriously even when it's marred by awful anime tropes.

I watch a lot of trash anime, KenjiGlove, but even I couldn't stand to watch all of Aria. It just takes the worst elements of anime, violent tsunderes, harems and romantic comedies and tries them together.

And I would be okay with all of this if it wasn't for the fact it simply is not entertaining.

Woops, if it takes itself serious it's not my cup of tea, I thought that it was selfaware or something, Thanks!

Hey, what are the other shows with a new season that are coming out this fall? Can anyone vouch for Noragami? It looks pretty interesting but you never know.

Any other shows that I missed outside of Yuru Yuri and Monogatari?

Kanbaru, Hachikuji, Shinobu, and Hanekawa>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That seems about right, people need to differentiate beteen short-haired Hanakawa and longer-haired Hanakawa though.

javac

I'm still waiting for a version that comes with soundtrack, or at the very least has both parts for cheap in a collector's edition.

Is the soundtrack good? Okay look, when Space Dandy was announced I was hyped, but I don't simulcast (because fuck watching one episode a week am I right?) so I put it on hold. Then I saw bits of it here and there and this whole Boobies thing and the fan service and such, and at a time when I guess I wanted it to be the next Bebop, and being busy...it dropped off my radar. Even so when the time came, I still picked up season 1 on Blu-ray because I still wanted to give it a try and Jexhius recommended it to me personally. As always I like going into a show as blind as I can but at the same time I can usually get a 'read' on a show just by looking at it, but Dandy is tripping me up.

I take it the show is episodic and each episode has a distinct art style? You know what actually made my ears perk and got my attention again after all this time? A while back I came across these screens in-explicitly which I obviously recognized as works from the fantastic Seizo Watase.
It got my attention and made me respect the series more and I felt a sudden urge to watch it with the hopes of seeing more nods to artists and styles. So I guess I should watch Dandy? Sorry for the strange comment.

Fuuuckk I think I need to change my pants.

Puruzi

Banned
Woops, if it takes itself serious it's not my cup of tea, I thought that it was selfaware or something, Thanks!

Hey, what are the other shows with a new season that are coming out this fall? Can anyone vouch for Noragami? It looks pretty interesting but you never know.

Any other shows that I missed outside of Yuru Yuri and Monogatari?

That seems about right, people need to differentiate beteen short-haired Hanakawa and longer-haired Hanakawa though.

Haikyuu S2

cajunator

Banned

There are two sides to this. Gunslinger girls took the subject matter very seriously, but most shows go the slapstick direction. Upotte did it the best of all but Sabagebu is funnier.

Misato is great but she's my waifu sorry.
you can have Ginrei though as a consolation.

ah hell no..

tumblr_nhgwh2Yre81qjmcfmo1_500.gif

tumblr_neg84eYqRF1timq39o3_500.gif

Agreed. I cant deal with all this goddess Senjou blasphemy.

Is the soundtrack good? Okay look, when Space Dandy was announced I was hyped, but I don't simulcast (because fuck watching one episode a week am I right?) so I put it on hold. Then I saw bits of it here and there and this whole Boobies thing and the fan service and such, and at a time when I guess I wanted it to be the next Bebop, and being busy...it dropped off my radar. Even so when the time came, I still picked up season 1 on Blu-ray because I still wanted to give it a try and Jexhius recommended it to me personally. As always I like going into a show as blind as I can but at the same time I can usually get a 'read' on a show just by looking at it, but Dandy is tripping me up.

I take it the show is episodic and each episode has a distinct art style? You know what actually made my ears perk and got my attention again after all this time? A while back I came across these screens in-explicitly which I obviously recognized as works from the fantastic Seizo Watase.

It got my attention and made me respect the series more and I felt a sudden urge to watch it with the hopes of seeing more nods to artists and styles. So I guess I should watch Dandy? Sorry for the strange comment.

Fuuuckk I think I need to change my pants.

The show is great, but due to its episodic nature where the individual director had many liberties due to being able to do whatever the fuck they wanted really, the quality varies episode to episode. S1 has some gems, but S2 is where the show really had the biggest concentration of better episodes. Particularly my favorite episode which has my favorite scene in the whole series

javac

The show is great, but due to its episodic nature where the individual director had many liberties due to being able to do whatever the fuck they wanted really, the quality varies episode to episode. S1 has some gems, but S2 is where the show really had the biggest concentration of better episodes. Particularly my favorite episode which has my favorite scene in the whole series

Thank you very much for your reply, I always appreciate some wisdom from the Big Dog himself. I hear that a lot (S2 being stronger) but I guess it depends what you're looking for. I'm really hoping for it to be a hodgepodge of different styles both visually and narratively. I look forward to watching it when I get time. Thanks again.

kewlmyc

Do you like Shana? If so, it's the same damn thing but with guns instead of swords and terrorists instead monsters. The girl is a reincarnation of Sherlock or something. All the girls are reincarnations of historic figures. Male MC becomes James Bond when he gets turned on too.

javac

Misato is great but she's my waifu sorry.
you can have Ginrei though as a consolation.

I love Misato, I just want to hug her :( Unlike most people who seem fascinated with Asuka and Rei I've always been more interested in the older cast, I like Ritsuko a lot, also Kaji is the man. Having said that, yes, Ginrei and Giant Robo <3

cajunator

Banned
Do you like Shana? If so, it's the same damn thing but with guns instead of swords and terrorists instead monsters. The girl is a reincarnation of Sherlock or something. All the girls are reincarnations of historic figures. Male MC becomes James Bond when he gets turned on too.

Oh god Shana is the worst. Maybe thats why I detest Aria. Too much tsun.

I love Misato, I just want to hug her :( Unlike most people who seem fascinated with Asuka and Rei I've always been more interested in the older cast, I like Ritsuko a lot, also Kaji is the man. Having said that, yes, Ginrei and Giant Robo <3

Misato is fucking amazing. I dont care about Rei or Asuka.

Humanity has Declined 09

Really liked this episode. I feel like the show is at its best when its about the Faeries and Watashi trying to deal with their bullshit

Theonik

I kinda regret getting the normal version. The LE looks really lame but I hate waiting. Maybe I'll pick both up again in London MCM come October.

Hurray for paedophilia huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom