• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonely

Is this the first time that a parody gets an anime adaption? I was thinking how things as famous and with so much merch as NGE didn't get it, even if there was several parodies in manga.
That Haruhi spin off manga just got a series, I suppose that counts. And like I said yesterday I have the NGE Bluray on preorder from CDJapan.

javac

Is this the first time that a parody gets an anime adaption? I was thinking how things as famous and with so much merch as NGE didn't get it, even if there was several parodies in manga.
I mean they had that whole Evangelion@School thing.
You've got badass mother fucker Eva Unit
ufGYh6v.jpg

You've got Genki Rei
00Y7RWC.jpg

Sad Rei :(
CCRYZNY.jpg

Normal (but also sad) Rei
WAfANNE.jpg

Sassy Misato
EqLC554.jpg

Kawai Jet Alone
DTgnpdt.jpg

Consider the following Asuka
vybURAu.jpg

And of course Baka Shinji
ZcidoUv.jpg

YLKUa6C.gif

Cornbread78

Spice and Wolf ep.4-6
A lot more action and adventure than I imagined with the anime. That part below ground was pretty dark, not just in lighting, but in tone also. I'm really digging this one.

Overlord - 06

A team of humans lively and with hopes ..in a ruthless world like this , i wonder what could happen .

Crazy bitch is clearly being set-up as an antagonist...hopefully that fight will be great

OverLord%20-%2006.jpg

Poor girl in love, i wish i could hug you *wink, wink*

This show's still good even in the low moments.

cajunator

Banned
Overlord - 06

A team of humans lively and with hopes ..in a ruthless world like this , i wonder what could happen .

Crazy bitch is clearly being set-up as an antagonist...hopefully that fight will be great

This show's still good even in the low moments.

Is the loli goth still best?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
so if Stump is watching this thread can some of the long time posters here finally get some tags

that I assign them

Something interesting in the latest Animedia from an interview with Shinichirou Hatta, KyoAni's producer for Free!/High Speed!:

- Appropriately for a story about swimming boys, the TV series Free! and Free! Eternal Summer were both broadcast in "summer" (July-September). The movie opens on December 5th. Why was it announced to be in "winter"? Was there some relationship with the story itself?

We definitely wanted people to see it before "spring" came in. "Spring" is a season of meetings, of creating new feelings. It'd please us if people would watch the film before they experienced the new breeze.

Sounds like we should be on the lookout for something next April!

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Hello to all the amazingly pleasant members of AnimeGAF, ...also Duckroll

The romance thread calling out G Gundam got me thinking about Turn-A Gundam and specifically "Sochie Heim". To be even more specific, her voice actor, Murata Akino. I haven't seen this series in quite a few years but now that I remember it...

Is it just me or does Murata Akino's voice have really similar qualities to Omigawa Chiaki (voices Arashiyama Hotori from Soredemo... I posted about it yesterday).

You're all my heros and I love you all <3

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Hello to all the amazingly pleasant members of AnimeGAF, ...also Duckroll

The romance thread calling out G Gundam got me thinking about Turn-A Gundam and specifically "Sochie Heim". To be even more specific, her voice actor, Murata Akino. I haven't seen this series in quite a few years but now that I remember it...

Is it just me or does Murata Akino's voice have really similar qualities to Omigawa Chiaki (voices Arashiyama Hotori from Soredemo... I posted about it yesterday).

You're all my heros and I love you all <3

Not really. You had to be there the week that Soul Eater ep1 aired. It was like nothing else I've hever heard. Raspy, whiny heaven.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Not really. You had to be there the week that Soul Eater ep1 aired. It was like nothing else I've hever heard. Raspy, whiny heaven.
97234-james-franco-so-good-gif-Imgur-jKyk.gif

I honestly beleive Murata Akino's voice hits that sweet spot when her character is desperately alarmed... it cracks with enough rasp to just melt my cold dead heart. It literally made go from finding Sochie annoying to sympathizing with her which ultimately allowed me to enjoy the series.

Still, no one delivers such pleasurable rasp like Chiaki <3

Next season looks alright at first glance with Gundam, One-Punch Man and Noragami.

Will probably watch Attack on Titan High School and Young Black Jack.

Heavy Object is a really really bad name.

Articalys

Honestly Im glad that a certain person has left you alone regarding news posting. IT was REALLY pissing me off. You are always welcome here Arti.
That doesn't really have anything to do with why I left though. It's not really a matter of feeling welcome or not because I'm pretty sure the majority of the current regulars in the thread don't give a damn if I post or not and I don't care. I left because it started becoming impossible for me to keep up with the thread in my limited free time each evening and on weekends, because if you don't keep up to date and watch everything on a weekly basis (something I've stopped doing for any show with an ongoing main plot, since I've come to hate watching those kind of things on a week-to-week basis) and you still try to even just skim this thread, you are going to get spoiled on at least something from screenshots, reaction pictures, or even careless unmarked comments. Hell, even all the other times in the last half-year I kept popping in and out of here I was playing with fire and I knew it; luckily nothing else happened of any major consequence.

Arcadius

Banned
That doesn't really have anything to do with why I left though. It's not really a matter of feeling welcome or not because I'm pretty sure the majority of the current regulars in the thread don't give a damn if I post or not and I don't care. I left because it started becoming impossible for me to keep up with the thread in my limited free time each evening and on weekends, because if you don't keep up to date and watch everything on a weekly basis (something I've stopped doing for any show with an ongoing main plot, since I've come to hate watching those kind of things on a week-to-week basis) and you still try to even just skim this thread, you are going to get spoiled on at least something from screenshots, reaction pictures, or even careless unmarked comments. Hell, even all the other times in the last half-year I kept popping in and out of here I was playing with fire and I knew it; luckily nothing else happened of any major consequence.

I may have no idea who you are since I'm fresh blood, so to speak, in this community (4 months old here now), but I feel like the more people who post, about anything, is very much appreciated. The regulars may not care or they might, but I know I try my personal best to read through what everyone posts, because most people tend to post great things, be it informative or just fun reactions; especially the few who put a lot of effort into their write ups, those are always a joy to read through.

I do agree with the rest though, getting spoiled in the thread is a little far too easy to happen, most people have a hard time spoiler tagging things properly, but an image or two I feel is a oh kay.

I personally think, as a whole, it's not necessary to keep up with all the shows on a weekly basis, being late or joining in late is something that's to be totally expected, what matters is that people join in at all.

If you do ever come back, since it seems like you've stopped, I'd be more than happy to read your comments on anything related to whatever you watch, I think that's a major aspect of this community.

So after looking at the staff for Young Black Jack anime adaptation, it's looking real good.

Staff
Animation Director, Character Design: Katayama Miyuki (Chihayafuru), Miura Nana (Mahou Shoujo Madoka&#9733;Magica)
Animation Production: Tezuka Productions
Director: Kase Mitsuko (Ristorante Paradiso)
Series Composition: Ryosuke Takahashi (Soukou Kihei)

The Staff definitely looks solid, so hopefully it turns out really good.

I understand where you're coming from with this message.

I'll say that read the thread ( every post , unless it's about a serie i dislike or i haven't seen ) so i kinda liked the work you were doing.
This thread , the community does kinda live on what's airing so we're kinda forced to talk about what's hot at the time. i understand however how it can be problematic if you can't keep up.

I don't know know who fully reads the OP's for these seasonal threads. I do know, however, that there are always people new to anime who come into these threads looking for advice. There's also plenty of people in Off-Topic also looking for the same kind of advice. Therefore, it seemed logical to collate useful information into one easy to use post. Even if people don't read it in the OP they can link to it, or copy it into, those endless "Recommend me a show" threads in Off-Topic.

I suppose what it boils down to is what purpose does this thread serve?

If these threads exist solely to feature nothing but relatively disposable impressions of currently airing anime then perhaps there's not much point in trying to pitch the threads as a 'Reference Centre' for anime fans because that requires some work.

Alternatively, the NeoGAF anime community might want to look at preserving it's heritage, whether that's specific threads, or insightful posts, or whatever, in a manner that's clear and visible to newcomers. This would ensure that there's actually content in the thread that's relatively timeless.

I don't know what people want to do with, or what they are looking to get out of, the thread. I certainly don't share the same tastes, or have interesting in writing the same kind of content, as say cajunator or Cornbread79 or whoever. Which is perfectly fine. It's up to those seriously committed, very prolific commentators to set the tone and message for these threads as they see fit.

As stump showed with his stats, it seems like this community is relatively healthy, in that it features reliable older members as well as plenty of newer commenter's. As long as people with a diversity of tastes and opinions, who are able to help others, continue to post here then this thread will still have a purpose for some time to come.

I guess I can come out of semi retirement or something to provide little uninteresting things as well as some Precure shit.

I'll be like the newbie senpai because I'm not indepth with terminology and seiyuus and shit like some people are.

I even make noises.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I guess I can come out of semi retirement or something to provide little uninteresting things as well as some Precure shit.

I'll be like the newbie senpai because I'm not indepth with terminology and seiyuus and shit like some people are.

I even make noises.

you're still KirbYaoi to me~

You're on the right.

Anywho. I guess the main reason why I haven't posted as much is due to having difficulty keeping up with shows out of interest. Not to say they're bad. It's mainly I just... stop....

I mean the only new show I bothered to start watching was Ushio and Tora.

Kind of the same boat I'm in. The only show I can even keep up with is Baby Steps. Aside from that, I'm just not finding any motivation to watch anime lately. And when I do start a show, I usually just get a couple of episodes in and then stop watching until like nine months later when I decide to pick it back up.

santeesioux

You're on the right.

Anywho. I guess the main reason why I haven't posted as much is due to having difficulty keeping up with shows out of interest. Not to say they're bad. It's mainly I just... stop....

I mean the only new show I bothered to start watching was Ushio and Tora.

That show is awesome.

Kind of the same boat I'm in. The only show I can even keep up with is Baby Steps. Aside from that, I'm just not finding any motivation to watch anime lately. And when I do start a show, I usually just get a couple of episodes in and then stop watching until like nine months later when I decide to pick it back up.

It doesn't help that it's mainly me keeping up with games and such, and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is both stealing my attention from Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold (because of other people getting back into it), but even hurting my interests.

Anime wise, it seems to be shounen stuff that I just get back into because it's not something I have to... fully invest my everything into it, like with Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds. And I dropped that after Aki got her license because the shit twins were getting two episodes and because of production changes.

It's a shame, because I really need to start watching more comfy shit as work keeps ramping up what with people getting fired due to worker's incompetence.

Humanity has Declined 5

Kind of a meh episode overall. Aside from introducing Pion and learning about electromagnetic waves being deadly to fairies, this episode didn't do much for me.

Luigi87

Wanted something fun and light-hearted to watch through as... I don't watch that much anime these days outside of Gundam, Durarara!!, and Fate series.

So I picked Chuunibyou.
Four episodes in it's been hilarious thus far, but um.. it also hits kind of close to home <_<

Also the "map" to the parallel world that was given to Rikka, all I could do is stare at it and think "This is totally a method of unlocking Mew."

Instro

Snow White 1-5

Nice to see Ando working with decent material. Certainly not the most visually impressive show by any means, but it's good enough. More than makes up for it with the strength of characters and atmosphere. Oshima continues to be one of the best anime composers around, the soundtrack has been wonderful so far.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Stardust Crusade episode 35
Holy shit, after this episode, that thread about jotaro being the weakest jojo in terms of likeability is a lie now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom