• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadius

Banned
FANTASISTA DOOOLL…….. =)

Welcome to Fantasista Doll, it’s about a young high school girl named Uzume Uno. When she was really young, she was a professional card game player and had won a renowned tournament; though upon entering high school, she has given up playing cards. Uzume is our main protagonist, she’s sweet, kind, absolutely sincere and will protect her dolls no matter what.

So what the heck are dolls? Oh that’s easy, imagine a card game, now imagine the cutest, prettiest, most beautiful girls you can, good good, now every time you decided to play this card game, you would summon your girls and you can battle with them, they can have different outfits and all sorts of things. Yeah, Dolls live inside of cards and can be summoned at will. A large portion (all of it), has the Dolls saying “master” a lot, if you hate that stuff, this isn’t for you.

So what the heck is Fantasista Doll really about? Uzume is gifted cards from a stranger and a device to use said cards. These cards contain her 5 dolls, Katia, the super cute, super little blue girl, Shimeji, the eccentric pink haired girl, Akari, our gothic lolita (sorta) who is expressionless, Madeleine, the large breasted, level headed/tactician girl with purple hair and lastly Sasara, the “leader” of sorts with golden hair. They all fight with different weapons, Akari: Yo-yo’s, Katia: Colored Dango (I think: Think Honey Lemon from Big Hero 6), Sasara: Fencing Sword, Madeleine: Polearm and Shimeji: CQC. The plot makes little sense; there are two organizations, one you can consider very good and the other very gray. Uzume is somehow in the center of it all, and this gray organization wants her cards (dolls). The over arcing plot may be a little cliché, the way all the fights are handled are most definitely cliché, if you hate seeing “friendship rules all” types of resolutions, Fantasista Doll is not for you; I on the other hand love seeing “friendship rules all” in anime so this was fantastic for me. Expect to see Uzune stand up for her dolls, expect to see a lot of tears, expect to see some really good combat and expect to fall in love with Fantasista Doll (seriously).

The cast of characters is thankfully limited. Each “Master” has 5 dolls and in the anime, we witness around 3-4 “Masters” that Uzume fights. The other “Masters” are taken care of by a support character named Kagami. We also have Komachi, Uzumes friend who is always ready to give Uzume advice, Manai, Uzume’s friend and creator of the Card Club and of course, Kagami. The plot of Fantasista Doll intertwines all the girls stories with Uzume in a well thought out manner. I honestly wasn’t really expecting twists in the story to happen, but once I hit episode 7-8, I was like, “Oh crap, that’s that and she’s that and oh my gao, what just happened?”. It may seem simple in comparison to other anime, but I still found it very gripping.

I’m also too sensitive and got a little too emotional for Fantasista Doll, but “friendships rule all” is so touching and Uzume is great. (I don’t expect others to get a little teary eyed watching this)

The Art: As you would expect, it’s very cute. The entire art style is super, I’m talking, super adorable; though a little on the “bloomy” side. The girls and Dolls are all drawn well, the lines are smooooooth and the quality of the art doesn’t take a dip the closer we get to the last episodes, so it’s a good mark from me. Animation is a little different. The first couple episodes have the flashiest animation in battles/fights. Near the end of the series, certain attacks are just cut/quickly shown, either to reduce time or just not draw out the intricate details; it’s a noticeable change from the earlier episodes too, unfortunately. That’s probably the “biggest” issue with Fantasista Doll, though it’s only an issue if something like that matters; I didn’t care so it didn’t affect me, I was way too busy squeeing and being too happy.

Music: FANTASISTA DOOOOLL, yes, that’s the OP and yes, it’s very addicting. OP is beautiful, both the song and the animation that goes along with it, super gorgeous art work is involved and you would/should feel bad for skipping it if you do, because hearing FANASISTA DOOOOLL is too much fun. The ED is just as good, being pretty. The music that accompanies both OP/ED is also really nice to listen to, happy, cheerful and beautiful vocalists. About the BGM: just like the anime, most sounds/music is very cute, very happy, very cheerful, and very magical; yes, magical, perfect word to describe it. Though there are some sad moments and things like that, not much, so a lot of happy involved with Fantasista Doll.

Overall, Fantasista Doll is amazing, I love the concept of the card battle (even if it’s been to death before), I really liked Uzume and her Dolls (even if Sasara is a bit hidoi), I liked the twist(s) that occurred and I most definitely liked the entire package that Fantasista Doll brought, would watch again if a new season was in the works without a doubt. Will probably watch again just because it’s super fun.

phaze

So what is everyone going to watch during Fall Anime Season?

IncestGatari is about the only thing I have high hopes for. With promo poster featuring Ougi and story seemingly shifting to end gears, I've high hopes it can be as good or surpass the Tsuki.

Will watch Noragami but I can't say I'm particularly thrilled about it. First season was just okay.
Will check out Onepunchman, I didn't give the manga a proper chance, will do so with anime.

Do we have any pv for this Kowabon thing ? Rotoscoped horror anime sounds intruguing.

I always pick up a few more things when each season rolls in so I imagine there will be a few more.

FANTASISTA DOOOLL…….. =)

Welcome to Fantasista Doll, it’s about a young high school girl named Uzume Uno. When she was really young, she was a professional card game player and had won a renowned tournament; though upon entering high school, she has given up playing cards. Uzume is our main protagonist, she’s sweet, kind, absolutely sincere and will protect her dolls no matter what.

So what the heck are dolls? Oh that’s easy, imagine a card game, now imagine the cutest, prettiest, most beautiful girls you can, good good, now every time you decided to play this card game, you would summon your girls and you can battle with them, they can have different outfits and all sorts of things. Yeah, Dolls live inside of cards and can be summoned at will. A large portion (all of it), has the Dolls saying “master” a lot, if you hate that stuff, this isn’t for you.

So what the heck is Fantasista Doll really about? Uzume is gifted cards from a stranger and a device to use said cards. These cards contain her 5 dolls, Katia, the super cute, super little blue girl, Shimeji, the eccentric pink haired girl, Akari, our gothic lolita (sorta) who is expressionless, Madeleine, the large breasted, level headed/tactician girl with purple hair and lastly Sasara, the “leader” of sorts with golden hair. They all fight with different weapons, Akari: Yo-yo’s, Katia: Colored Dango (I think: Think Honey Lemon from Big Hero 6), Sasara: Fencing Sword, Madeleine: Polearm and Shimeji: CQC. The plot makes little sense; there are two organizations, one you can consider very good and the other very gray. Uzume is somehow in the center of it all, and this gray organization wants her cards (dolls). The over arcing plot may be a little cliché, the way all the fights are handled are most definitely cliché, if you hate seeing “friendship rules all” types of resolutions, Fantasista Doll is not for you; I on the other hand love seeing “friendship rules all” in anime so this was fantastic for me. Expect to see Uzune stand up for her dolls, expect to see a lot of tears, expect to see some really good combat and expect to fall in love with Fantasista Doll (seriously).

The cast of characters is thankfully limited. Each “Master” has 5 dolls and in the anime, we witness around 3-4 “Masters” that Uzume fights. The other “Masters” are taken care of by a support character named Kagami. We also have Komachi, Uzumes friend who is always ready to give Uzume advice, Manai, Uzume’s friend and creator of the Card Club and of course, Kagami. The plot of Fantasista Doll intertwines all the girls stories with Uzume in a well thought out manner. I honestly wasn’t really expecting twists in the story to happen, but once I hit episode 7-8, I was like, “Oh crap, that’s that and she’s that and oh my gao, what just happened?”. It may seem simple in comparison to other anime, but I still found it very gripping.

I’m also too sensitive and got a little too emotional for Fantasista Doll, but “friendships rule all” is so touching and Uzume is great. (I don’t expect others to get a little teary eyed watching this)

The Art: As you would expect, it’s very cute. The entire art style is super, I’m talking, super adorable; though a little on the “bloomy” side. The girls and Dolls are all drawn well, the lines are smooooooth and the quality of the art doesn’t take a dip the closer we get to the last episodes, so it’s a good mark from me. Animation is a little different. The first couple episodes have the flashiest animation in battles/fights. Near the end of the series, certain attacks are just cut/quickly shown, either to reduce time or just not draw out the intricate details; it’s a noticeable change from the earlier episodes too, unfortunately. That’s probably the “biggest” issue with Fantasista Doll, though it’s only an issue if something like that matters; I didn’t care so it didn’t affect me, I was way too busy squeeing and being too happy.

Music: FANTASISTA DOOOOLL, yes, that’s the OP and yes, it’s very addicting. OP is beautiful, both the song and the animation that goes along with it, super gorgeous art work is involved and you would/should feel bad for skipping it if you do, because hearing FANASISTA DOOOOLL is too much fun. The ED is just as good, being pretty. The music that accompanies both OP/ED is also really nice to listen to, happy, cheerful and beautiful vocalists. About the BGM: just like the anime, most sounds/music is very cute, very happy, very cheerful, and very magical; yes, magical, perfect word to describe it. Though there are some sad moments and things like that, not much, so a lot of happy involved with Fantasista Doll.

Overall, Fantasista Doll is amazing, I love the concept of the card battle (even if it’s been to death before), I really liked Uzume and her Dolls (even if Sasara is a bit hidoi), I liked the twist(s) that occurred and I most definitely liked the entire package that Fantasista Doll brought, would watch again if a new season was in the works without a doubt. Will probably watch again just because it’s super fun.

I really enjoyed fantasista doll , but i wish it choose whenever it wanted to be a card game anime or a fantasy one. i the end , despite all the good points the show has ( and the fun characters ) it became forgatable because i could not have fun with the concept of the show.
A shame.

a mistake wixoss didn't make fortunately.

Gakkou Gurashi 06

I don't really know how I feel about this show anymore, at first I was pleasantly suprised with the way the main premise was handled but as time went on the show kinda dropped off for me.

The fun thing about a
zombie story are the encounters, the life and dead situations, never knowing what will happen next
but since we've spent a good part of this show on flashbacks there isn't any tension to the story, at the end of the day we all knew from the get-go what the outcome off all these flashbacks was going to be.

I also don't like the fact that they've bothered to give attention to
Megu-nee's situation and Yuki's crazyness
, I didn't feel like they needed to explain it, just leaving it in as a thing that "assumed" by the viewers and the non-yuki cast would've been fine, It's not that the "reveal" had any impact on me at this point, this is kind of a minor point though. The only real complaint I have with it is that It would've been nicer if the show came up with some other ways to showcase Yuki's genuinely interesting character, after the first episode it has all been just this one obvious gag.

Since we've finished the flashbacks of our main cast I think that we'll get some actual story progression in the next few episodes which is nice, I hope we'll get some actual tense scenes now, the part in the library was my favorite scene just for that reason.

Unfortunately, the fact that this is only happening at the halfway point is something that will always drag the entirety of the show down with it, why did we need three full episodes about Miki-san anyway?

Heysoos

I kind of love the Himouto Umaru-chan opening.

OQ7y1fp.gif

Cornbread78

Owarimonogatari

and, maybe that Comet Lucifer show. That's about it as of right now...

Himouto! Umaru-chan ep.6
Umm, this episode was pretty boring on the whole, but parts were cute like the curtain scenes as well as the ending with big bro being bestest.. Well, another week, more cute to watch..

IncestGatari is about the only thing I have high hopes for. With promo poster featuring Ougi and story seemingly shifting to end gears, I've high hopes it can be as good or surpass the Tsuki.

Will watch Noragami but I can't say I'm particularly thrilled about it. First season was just okay.
Will check out Onepunchman, I didn't give the manga a proper chance, will do so with anime.

Do we have any pv for this Kowabon thing ? Rotoscoped horror anime sounds intruguing.

I always pick up a few more things when each season rolls in so I imagine there will be a few more.

I'd say you should give Young Black Jack and the anime original Concrete Revolutio by Studio Bones a try. The former is about Black Jack a medical surgeon and his younger days which is the prequel to Black Jack. The latter is about superheroes and politics considering the scriptwriter of FMA not brotherhood anime is on it.

Arcadius

Banned
I really enjoyed fantasista doll , but i wish it choose whenever it wanted to be a card game anime or a fantasy one. i the end , despite all the good points the show has ( and the fun characters ) it became forgatable because i could not have fun with the concept of the show.
A shame.

a mistake wixoss didn't make fortunately.

Looked Wixoss up, is it similar to cute girls doing things with a Madoka type of twist? (Only ask because Madoka is a recommendation). I can understand the complaint you had though, Fantasista has the issue of not knowing what it wanted to "be" exactly, but I guess I just didn't mind that as much as you did, loved it a lot.

Also here's the seasonal chart https://www.livechart.me/fall-2015/tv.

Seraph of the End 2
Haikyuu 2
DiaLover More Blood
World Trigger s2
High School Star Musical
Fafner s2 s2
One-Punch Man
K return of Kings
Dance with Devils
Gundam Orphans
Rainy Cocoa 2
Tantei Team KZ: Jiken Note
Cardfight!! Vanguard: G Gears Crisis
Lance N' Masques
Comet Lucifer
Concrete Revolution
Asterisk
Noragami 2
Attack on Junior High

Humanity Has Declined 5

Watashi's met a new character named Pion who is a cat girl. She seems straightforward I guess. The faries have fled due to EM waves being harmful to them. Watashi and Assistant are lost in a huge maze and have been attacked by slimey creatures. Pion comes and saves the day.

Good episode.

Cornbread78

I'll revise my earlier list:

Maybe:
-Comet Lucifer
-Gakusen Toshi Asterisk
-Dance with Devils
-Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka- Cajun said the first season was really comfy and cute, so I'll have to watch season 1 first.
-Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan
-Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Gets♥Sareta Ken
I heard this one was probably going to be horrible, but hey...
-Owarimonogatari
-Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry
-Shin Atashin'chi- maybe a Working replacement..
-Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai
-Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen

Wel, maybe some of these can show some promise, but we'll see as more information comes out..

Here's mine
Young Black Jack (prequel to the original Black Jack by Osamu Tezuka)
Noragami season 2
OnePunch Man
Concrete Revolutio (Bones anime original)
Haikyuu season 2
Owarimonogatari (once I finish watching the others)
Bones
The Perfect Insider (Inio Asano designs)
Osomatsu-san

Hmm so far I got my eye on these:

- Concrete Revolution
- Gakusen Toshi
- Heavy Object
- Noragami Aragoto
- Owarimonogatari
- Subete ga
- Taimadou Gakuen
- Utawarerumono

I could totally see myself dropping 2 or 3 here. People were saying the Summer looked weak, but to me the Fall looks weaker. But who knows, I wasn't expecting to watch Shimoneta, Umaru or School-Live, and here I am now.

Hmm so far I got my eye on these:

- Concrete Revolution
- Gakusen Toshi
- Heavy Object
- Noragami Aragoto
- Owarimonogatari
- Subete ga
- Taimadou Gakuen
- Utawarerumono

I could totally see myself dropping 2 or 3 here. People were saying the Summer looked weak, but to me the Fall looks weaker. But who knows, I wasn't expecting to watch Shimoneta, Umaru or School-Live, and here I am now.

Try Young Black Jack and OnePunch Man, they're definitely worth considering a try.

I would also recommend that Gundam anime that's airing in the Fall but it's being written by Okada so.....😌

Mandelbo

Here's mine
Noragami season 2
OnePunch Man
Haikyuu season 2
Bones
Osomatsu-san

Right now I have my eyes on...
Yuru Yuri S3
Comet Lucifer ('cause the poster looks cool)
Concrete Revolution ('cause the title sounds silly)
Fushigi na Somera-chan
One Punch Man
Noragami (if I can ever get off my ass and actually finish the first season)
The Perfect Insider

Here's mine
Noragami season 2
OnePunch Man
Haikyuu season 2
Bones
Osomatsu-san

Sakurako-san looks interesting.
We watch Okada Gundam for crazy plot lol.
And
Concrete Revolutio
Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen

All others will give 1-3 episode rule.

JulianImp

Gakkou Gurashi 06

I don't really know how I feel about this show anymore, at first I was pleasantly suprised with the way the main premise was handled but as time went on the show kinda dropped off for me.

The fun thing about a
zombie story are the encounters, the life and dead situations, never knowing what will happen next
but since we've spent a good part of this show on flashbacks there isn't any tension to the story, at the end of the day we all knew from the get-go what the outcome off all these flashbacks was going to be.

I also don't like the fact that they've bothered to give attention to
Megu-nee's situation and Yuki's crazyness
, I didn't feel like they needed to explain it, just leaving it in as a thing that "assumed" by the viewers and the non-yuki cast would've been fine, It's not that the "reveal" had any impact on me at this point, this is kind of a minor point though. The only real complaint I have with it is that It would've been nicer if the show came up with some other ways to showcase Yuki's genuinely interesting character, after the first episode it has all been just this one obvious gag.

Since we've finished the flashbacks of our main cast I think that we'll get some actual story progression in the next few episodes which is nice, I hope we'll get some actual tense scenes now, the part in the library was my favorite scene just for that reason.

Unfortunately, the fact that this is only happening at the halfway point is something that will always drag the entirety of the show down with it, why did we need three full episodes about Miki-san anyway?

I feel the same. The show looked like it had amazing potential, but having so many flashbacks removes any feeling of dread and/or tension, as the outcome of Miki's orderal was a foregone conclusion and it felt like they didn't even have to bother revealing anything about
Megu-nee
after having bombarded the audience with obvious signs of what was actually going on. It feels like using up half a season to ease us into such a small cast was a bit of a waste, and the execution wasn't particularily good, either.

The way Miki goes from opposing Yuki to accepting her and wanting to know more about her in a single episode was also really weird, since it felt out-of-character for her and how she'd always be wary about Yuki's well-being and whether what she and the other girls were doing to Yuki was right or not. I guess she couldn't resist all that moe moe kyun.

As it is right now, I don't particularily hate that the show focuses mostly on Yuki to the detriment of the rest of the cast, but I feel like they could've done a lot more with her rather than giving us
six episodes of everybody pretending that things were still alright and that Megu-nee was still there for Yuki.

I would've loved it if the two other girls hadn't barged in just as Miki was confronting Yuki about a particularily delicate matter... but no, they had to interrupt the tense moment and later give Miki an expository infodump.

Like I said in the Gakkou Gurashi thread, I also honestly don't get why the show appears to enjoy giving us Miki fanservice. This show never felt like the kind that would want to include fanservice to me, so seeing the repeated flashbacks to that EP4 scene that had her standing around in lingerie, and now throwing in a shower scene for good measure was something that felt awkward and forced.

Mandelbo

Like I said in the Gakkou Gurashi thread, I also honestly don't get why the show appears to enjoy giving us Miki fanservice. This show never felt like the kind that would want to include fanservice to me, so seeing the repeated flashbacks to that EP4 scene that had her standing around in lingerie, and now throwing in a shower scene for good measure was something that felt awkward and forced.

I haven't watched episode six yet, but this was something that bothered me in the previous episodes. As you say it feels really out of place and unnecessary given the tone and presentation of the rest of the show. In the show's defense it's not unreasonable for her to be wearing lingerie given the context (just gotten out of bed, no other clothing available except her school outfit,) but even so it's still kinda weird.

Busaiku

I was wondering why Funimation started Gangsta. when Blood Blockade Battlefront isn't finished, but apparently the last episode hadn't even aired?
Really hope they do that last episode too.

More detail of new Legend of the Galactic Heroes anime:
Coming 2017
Studio: Production IG

BLPyGO9.jpg

Well, guess I don't have to worry about watch 140 episodes +tons of movies anytime soon.

It feels like I'm walking into a whole new world of lewd between those and the uncensored Prison School screenshots.

The best part is the uncensored edition is called the Freedom Edition.

I was wondering why Funimation started Gangsta. when Blood Blockade Battlefront isn't finished, but apparently the last episode hadn't even aired?
Really hope they do that last episode too.

The last episode of BBB is longer then usual so they are struggling to find someone to air it.

Really, really disappointed this had nothing to do with Yuri Kuma Arashi

My phone browser keeps crashing when I attempt to type up my thoughts on the fall TV season so I'll have to do that later, but I do want to caution Yuru Yuri fans to be wary of the upcoming third season as it has completely different staff from the first two seasons. People should watch the most recent OVA, which was done by the new team who will be handling the third season at TYO Animations, to get a sense of how it will likely turn out.

javac

Zavvi announced that they're going to release Steelbooks in the UK for Princess Mononoke and Kiki's Delivery Service. As any sane person I already own them in multiple formats including Blu-ray but I will double dip, again as an sane individual should :p

Cornbread78

My Wife is the Student Council Pres. ep.7
Wow, grinding like no tomorrow. That is a tough one for all. By the end of the season, they are going to have to stop the foreplay and go for it... I mean, the series is pretty trashy overall, but at least you can get a laugh out of it...

Arcadius

Banned
My Wife is the Student Council Pres. ep.7
Wow, grinding like no tomorrow. That is a tough one for all. By the end of the season, they are going to hav to stop the foreplay and go for it... I mean, the series os pretty trashy overall, btu at least you can get a laugh out of it...

Go for it... GOOOOOOOO!!! Ahahaha, if only, if only..... Grinding is hot though.... gau gao.

My phone browser keeps crashing when I attempt to type up my thoughts on the fall TV season so I'll have to do that later, but I do want to caution Yuru Yuri fans to be wary of the upcoming third season as it has completely different staff from the first two seasons. People should watch the most recent OVA, which was done by the new team who will be handling the third season at TYO Animations, to get a sense of how it will likely turn out.

The second season was already a step down from the first, but that OVA was downright bad. So yeah, that's not encouraging.

Gintama 284

Wr7UFv0.jpg

Shogun is the leader we need but don't deserve.

Shogun centered episodes are always great and since it had Katsura it was even better. I was laughing so hard when Katsura was getting outshined by Shogun in being a leader. I mean even Elizabeth left him.

Also that black hole at the end created by Kagura lol.😆

The big problem with Gakkou Gurashi is that the main premise was only handled well for one episode, The premiere was really good in my opinion, one of the strongest shows right out of the gate.
There was foreshadowing and a bunch of hidden things in the background which all made for a solid reveal at the end.

As the show went on the charm faded away somewhere along the road, maybe it's because the novelty wore off but I also like to think that the writer just came up with the "idea" of the show, made a solid first few chapters and then kinda started winging it.

Like really, what's actually there at this point?
It's just a generic zombie show but the survivors happen to be little girls,
obviously Yuki is still a thing but then again, what does she really do besides talking to Megu-nee and forcing the cast to do things? lots of lost potential with this character.

There are also some SoL moments, I personally don't feel like they're handled well. First of all, I'm not super into the characters at this point in time (I always prefer straight up character interaction in my Slice of Life over a long introductory backstory), and secondly they're mostly filler, if there was any sort of tension or danger they could've made it like playing together was the only way to reduce their stress and that they really needed the time off because they're always under the constant threat of a
zombie attack,
right now they just do it because Yuki wants to.

One could also consider whether a show with the premise
"Zombies but some of the survivors have a mental illness"
actually fits with the kind of artstyle that's going on, besides the fake out of the first episode.

Yeah, disgusting that it's a thing, really doesn't want to make me recommend it to others.

I don't know about any bullying. Maybe you were set straight when duckroll sent his adventurers to pincer you.

Now it's correct.

phaze

I'd say you should give Young Black Jack and the anime original Concrete Revolutio by Studio Bones a try. The former is about Black Jack a medical surgeon and his younger days which is the prequel to Black Jack. The latter is about superheroes and politics considering the scriptwriter of FMA not brotherhood anime is on it.
Don't know a thing about Black Jack franchise, will wait for impressions. As for the second, neither the premise nor character desings or artstyle do anything for me. Won't pick it up unless it gets rave reviews.

Naruto Shippuden 424

Good pace with (miraculously) little to no padding but the usual execution with plenty of quality. Not liking how they made Naruto's new form look. That pink face and that ugly aura. ;[

Jarmel

Banned
Not sure how I feel about Comet Lucifer. The scriptwriter is from Xam'd, the director is of Infinite Stratos/Macross Frontier fame, and the series director's only major directorial credit is Absolute Duo.

Actually nevermind, I think I do know how I feel about it.

Arcadius

Banned
Not sure how I feel about Comet Lucifer. The scriptwriter is from Xam'd, the director is of Infinite Stratos/Macross Frontier fame, and the series director's only major directorial credit is Absolute Duo.

I loved Xam'd, haven't seen the others, but hopefully you feel "good" about it!

Cornbread78

Oh man, don't destroy my hope here. The synopsis sounded pretty good.

Infinite Stratos was actually pretty entertaining and fun for a harem with no forward movement with anyone, lol.

I have Absolute Duo on my list to watch in the future as well.

Sterok

Aikatsu 109

Looks like Juri will fare better than the last character that debuted in a drama audition. Yes I am still bitter about Shion. Wasn't sure about her at first, but her desire to stand out by herself without her mom's influence was good. In a sense Ichigo lucked out that her mom retired and went into hiding. Normally I'd think Juri was getting an Otome size role, but according to the op/ed she's the only one. I'm curious as to how she'll be handled.

JulianImp

Yeah, disgusting that it's a thing, really doesn't want to make me recommend it to others.

I think going that far is blowing the thing completely out of proportion. They're weird, forced and make no sense in a moe SoL show
guest-starring zombies
, but they aren't the kind of scenes that'd make me shy away from recommending the show to others. Rather, they're the kind of scenes that I feel would be horribly awkward for somebody to walk in to, since they don't represent the show at all.

Still agree on the fact that the first episode was very interesting but things went downhill really fast after that. The main charm of the show was
seeing a group of girls cope with the mental stress of surviving a zombie apocalypse only that the zombies aren't the focus of the plot at all, which was fairly refreshing for a change
. Sadly, the rest of the plot quickly became one-note with Yuki always suggesting club activities while the rest play along and Megu-nee is ignored for the most part all while Miki, being the new club member, allows us to look at what's going on
behind Yuki's delusions

I sincerely hope we're done with flashbacks for the most part so that the plot can begin moving forward in the half-season's worth of episodes we have left, or else I'll end up being extremely soured on a series that showed lots of promise but managed to botch things up before it even managed to get itself going.

cajunator

Banned
Those eyes scream "I am about to do something FUCKING CRAZY any moment".

Lesson 1. IF you see yourself reflected in anime girls eyes, run like the dickens

A harrowing cry for help, each and every one of them. This only proves my point !

I don't know about the others but Sailor Moon is indeed shiiiiiiiiiiit. And it's something I've been vaguely aware even as a six year old.

I cant deal with this. Sailor Moon is so classic! I love the variety of characters and powers they have and the stories. Granted the monster of the week thing is incredibly dated but at least the first series was a very satisfying watch. Now Sailor Moon R...I recently got the boxset of that and will trudge through it soon to get to the better stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom